Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,297 members, 7,819,000 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu (35243 Views)

Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu / Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by ElekeNtioba: 7:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
Segeggs:
There are 2 types of south easterners. One is called Igbo while the other is Ibo. The Igbo live peacefully wherever they find themselves while the Ibo is all about confusion, division, destruction, tribalism and fraudulent activities. Which are you?

U need to speak to ur weed guy. His stuff phucks up ur reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by IVORY2009(m): 7:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
[size=19pt] Crying, Ambode has just lost the fourth coming elections, except something urgently need to be done.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by kolamilan(m): 7:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
Vessi:
all these igbos in apc will start feeling 'not among'. how do you threaten someone Jan a democratic setting. shiit.[b]Yoruba are uneducated indeed[\b]. just like their lliterate general.
your mumu no get vice.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 06, 2015
Segeggs:
There are 2 types of south easterners. One is called Igbo while the other is Ibo. The Igbo live peacefully wherever they find themselves while the Ibo is all about confusion, division, destruction, tribalism and fraudulent activities. Which are you?
Yi bo grin
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by willycrown: 7:06pm On Apr 06, 2015
Just to clarify something; The Oba of Lagos is actually the Oba of Lagos Island and not Oba of Lagos State. Lagos Island is less than 10% of Lagos State . As a matter of fact, the Oba of Lagos's jurisdiction does not extend beyond third mainland bridge.

8 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Kevostica(m): 7:06pm On Apr 06, 2015
Oba akiolu should be the one to perish in the lagoon together with his family. I give him 7 days to apologie or die with his family in the lagoon. As for me and my household we we vote Pdp.

4 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by symbian03(m): 7:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
Khalessi:
I know the purpose of nairaland is to keep its readers informed but topics like this should be reduced. It brings out the tribalistic nature of most people. Reading how Yorubas supported the earliest thread brought tears to my eyes.....some are supporting genocide. If you leave the shores of Nigeria no one cares what tribe you're.why can't we live like that in our own country?

I love you. I don't even know why it matters where you come from, I suppose our leaders are also further dividing this nation. Too bad!

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by 185mikel(m): 7:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Oba of Lagos should be respected by all lagosians- both indigenes and immigrants

No one should disrespect Oba Akiolu

He has spoken, everyone should adjust accordingly

'oba has spoken.' is he God? I'm not sure if he say such thing or not, but if it's true, he has open the room to receive a lot of insult on himself and his throne.

a respected and honourable person is not suppose to open his or her mouth wide if he or she want to retain their honour and respect.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Israel07: 7:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
omenka:
The Palace has already clarified this. The Oba never made such a statement, it is just PDP sticking unto their divisive tradition of ethnoreligious politicking. They will milk this trash for what it's worth whether or not there's a shred of truth in it.

This is the kind of legacy Jonathan has bequeathed on PDP.

you suck just as your words do i swear down!
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Caracta(f): 7:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
The so-called Oba has not even put his own house in order. What a jabberwocky. This is democracy not some trado-political stuff. He should just stay on his lane.

A ruler should seek for peace not otherwise.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by CORRECTMAN78(m): 7:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
That's the kind of leaders we have across Nigeria. Pls somebody should wake him up, tell him this is 2015, an era of democracy and not 1914. Less I forget, may those curse be upon him and his children.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by sweetgala(m): 7:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
Gboliwe:
The Oba should just retract and apologise. This has gained too much publicity and it's so negative for him.

He should also learn to speak with wisdom and stop ranting like useless FFK.

Unfortunately the Oba can't and should not retract his statement , he is an absolute and Yoruba tradition demands that whatever a King says goes without remorse.

He is by divine provision the costodian of lagos interest and the hope of his people is vested in his throne.

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by eaccyboy(m): 7:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
ElekeNtioba:
Igbos should forgive Oba Akiolu. Desperation and panic got the better of him. He's human after all.

Moreover, why would anyone be worried about threats from yoruba?? Their attempts at intimidation always looks childish. They are only masters in chest-beating and noise-making.

Pls lets not over-blow this incident for the sake of this country.
d meaning of ur name tels exactly who u r
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by martineverest(m): 7:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
Dear oba of lagos,
u dont threaten ibo people;they re not like yo..ruba ppl that get fidgetty when threatened.they re the 'come-and-do-ur-worse' ppl just like my fellow niger deltans.
With all due respect,ur royal highness,i think u need dr.90210,he is good at threating ppl with mouth diarhoea.just as he was a ble to cure obanikoro,okukpe,ffk and co in last week surgery.

From a concerned niger-deltan.

6 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by chubbycheek: 7:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
it is clear that pdp would take over lagos. plz dnt say its a statement done by d pdp to tarnish the image of the oba. its in d news and newspaper. oba threaten d igbos. i tnk God we all hv our pvc, dat is our weapon for change in democracy n lagos. my vote will surely go to pdp. one luv

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
Oba in Igbo land is used in frying garri, we are going to use that man to fry garri. At the end of the day, him go know say wetin dey give morale no dey for earth.

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by ogene007: 7:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
omenka:
The Palace has already clarified this. The Oba never made such a statement, it is just PDP sticking unto their divisive tradition of ethnoreligious politicking. They will milk this trash for what it's worth whether or not there's a shred of truth in it.

This is the kind of legacy Jonathan has bequeathed on PDP.
The audio recording is already out on social media. The damage has already been done. The silly Oba just elected Jimi Agbaje into office.

3 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Dinhodinho(m): 7:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
EMPTY THREAT

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by victorazy(m): 7:12pm On Apr 06, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Oba of Lagos should be respected by all lagosians- both indigenes and immigrants

Who will take yoruba man's word serious, they are just noise makers "ndi gbati-gbati" grin

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by godoluwa(m): 7:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
Vessi:
all these igbos in apc will start feeling 'not among'. how do you threaten someone Jan a democratic setting. shiit. Yoruba are uneducated indeed. just like their lliterate general.
u r sick for saying yoruba ar uneducated. its nt ur fault if nt dat fvcking Oba

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by ogene007: 7:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
sweetgala:

Unfortunately the Oba can't and should not retract his statement , he is an absolute and Yoruba tradition demands that whatever a King says goes without remorse.

He is by divine provision the costodian of lagos interest and the hope of his people is vested in his throne.
You are indeed as mad as your Oba.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by brize(m): 7:14pm On Apr 06, 2015
Lol, some people make use of their anus rather than their brain when thinking and it's affecting their words.. See those people up there saying where was Bassey when Oyedepo said this and that, oga's at the top, the priest only spoke as a director of a group under the catholic church, if the speech was personal then he is free to talk about/against oyedepo and t.b joshua or even the pope. But he spoke under the catholic church, if he makes a personal attack on any church it will look like a church war and some people like you will still come here and speak ill of the church because people like you is likely to call buhari's white dress a black singlet because you are trying to be loyal to one person or the other... Always speak the truth no matter what.. As for the Oba, hmmm ok o o, AGBAJE is the Man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Brightology2(m): 7:14pm On Apr 06, 2015
Wen u go get sense na
ChinemeOkpan:

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Edmomd(m): 7:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
ElekeNtioba:
Igbos should forgive Oba Akiolu. Desperation and panic got the better of him. He's human after all.

Moreover, why would anyone be worried about threats from yoruba. Look through Nigeria's contemporary history and tell me where they have actually initiated something radical and decisive. They are only masters in chest-beating and noise-making.

Pls lets not over blow this incident for the sake of this country.

. Where were your tribe when the Yorubas you were accusing fought for this Democracy in 1994?
This Lagos u are saying that is a cosmopolitan city, had it been the Yoruba leaders supported what your leaders wished during civil war, do u think u will come to Lagos without getting Visa?
Y don't u confirm first if what is reported about the Oba is correct before u say anything that comes to ur mind.

2 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by seanbond00(m): 7:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
cheruv:

that's why I'd ask all Igbos to rise up in the defense of their rights as Nigerians and vote in JK let's see what the fucklikant of an oba would do! angry

And if all the igbos vote, will that give pdp the win?
You people always seem to forget that it's not only the igbos in Lagos that support pdp. Your votes won't count if other tribes abstain from voting pdp..
FACT.
So please stop all these tribal sentiments.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Regiblinkz(m): 7:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
omenka:
Let me ask this question: where were all these later day zealots when Oyadepo threatened to open the gates of hell on any christian who dared to vote anyone besides Jonathan

Rubbish.
your foolishness knows no bounds

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by sonnel: 7:17pm On Apr 06, 2015
The ibos caused d problems for themselves.how many of them registered for this election in the East to empower GEJ? There were busy saying wetin concern me forgeting that your vote is ur power.

1 Like

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by adeA1(m): 7:17pm On Apr 06, 2015
D palace has already clearified ds mata. Its purely one kinda propaganda that make PDPites loose d seat. Okey if its true Oba has jst spoken in Boko Oyedepo's voice
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by Gboliwe: 7:18pm On Apr 06, 2015
sweetgala:

I guess those living in Lagos will either dare him or back down. I know what Igbos are capable of sha.
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by ElekeNtioba: 7:18pm On Apr 06, 2015
eaccyboy:
d meaning of ur name tels exactly who u r

and who am I??
Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by CSTR2: 7:19pm On Apr 06, 2015
And these are the same idiotts that will castigate the niger-deltans for asking every body to stay off their oil.
A rascalian oba presiding over rascals.
Let me see the "born troway" from the SW that will accuse asari dokubo of tribalism.
Congratulations to agbaje for winning the election on a platter.

4 Likes

Re: Alleged Anti-igbo Comment: Catholic Church Group Tackles Oba Akiolu by usdam: 7:19pm On Apr 06, 2015
When Asari and co made threat that if Jonathan is not voted back there will be war, most of the Igbo's supported him and they all know he was directing his comments to the Yorubas and the Hausas.
why barking now? It's Tit for Tat
We all know what happened to non South Easterners during the last presidential election. So, all Igbos shut the Bleep up and let peace reign after all na him land oooo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Senator Phillip Aduda's Brother, Who Failed Exam, Appointed Permanent Secretary / Lockdown: LASG Explains Reason Behind Social Media Poll / Governors' Wives Who Are Medical Doctors: What They Are Doing To Assist Husbands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.