Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos (88329 Views)

Jonathan Reacts To Ultimatum Given To Igbos By Northern Youths / Igbinedion Gives Oba Of Benin Seven-month Old Tiger / Ohanaeze Gives FG Utimatum To Send Igbo Teachers To Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by ocelot2006(m): 9:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
obinoral1179:
none of your eze can untie is shoe.

First of all, I'm not Igbo (Annang). And for someone from the "enlightened" tribe, you still can't spell. It's "his", not "is".
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by Reptyle(m): 9:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
The Oba ' s action is reprehensible. But so is this pointless ultimatum. Threatening mayhem in another man's land will not augur well for anyone.

The Igbos have lived here for decades in peace and i doubt if Ohanaeze truly want to rock that boat.Threats like this will just further stoke the embers of discord and soon the real issues will become obfuscated.

5 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by BabaO2: 9:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
No faceless olosi omoale ohaolosi should insult our royal father as they usually freely and openly insulted their own elders.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
what will ohaneze do oooo? Dem go lose for earth dem go hear for heaven... I dont blame dem but blame tinubu dat gave dem chance in OUR LAGOS
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by Aroh48(m): 9:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
xtervaganza:
The Oba made a mistake, a big one I must say

But saying the Oba will incur your wrath? Are these people insane? Have you bastards forgotten the Oba is guarded by spirits and the gods?

One curse on you bastards and all your generations will be ruined.

You fools better know your place
I taught u have brain,But u are a glorified fool(mumu).
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by Udmaster(m): 9:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
oladele97:

The Oba have said it all, if any igbo want to be a sabotage to Akinwunmi Ambode success they will all perish....!
look at an Okobo making noise!
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
ManMountain:

I'm getting excited already, Wednesday is almost here. Ibos are in for a rude shock

They will issue another ultimatum against the first altimatum. All motion but no movement.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by andyanders: 9:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
remmyton:

Not sÙrprised, coming from a forsaken bastard
Amadihoha has striken u, lollllllll

Remmyton, were you able to travel for your studies to the UK as planned or you did not make it cus of your partner? I pray you did travel as planned,
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by Keegan: 9:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
Aroh48:
Whaooo!I luv war

And you shall find one!
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
Suffer in what sense? When I bought the only remaining plot baba akeem has
olas24u:

After the election you will all suffer
I just heard that your oba is practising how to escape through Dahomey when kasala go burst.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by M4gunners: 9:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
naijababe:

Because he is not distancing himself from an ethnno-divisive comment simply because he may benefit from it.
I thought you people said Igbos are irrelevant, why should they be afraid of the so called irrelevant to Lagos State.If the past government have treated Igbo people well, i don't think they would've been afraid of their votes by now.
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by descoay(m): 9:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
This is the type of politics and propaganda PDP played that cost GEJ the Presidency. Agbaje and co are deploying the same tactics in Lagos and it will not work as he will be roundly defeated by Ambode on saturday. The news making the rounds now is that majority of his supporters who are Yorubas are backing down because of the insults being meted out to the Lagos Oba by a section of Igbos in Lagos. Let us see how Igbo votes will win the election for him.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by masterpix(m): 9:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
theChiefPriest:
Slaves issuing ultimatum to their master. They should be rounded up!
another reason nl should be overhaul too many idiot

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by HARDDON: 9:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
Alphaoscar:
In as much as I disagree with Oba Akiolu for his use of words I will never condemn him because the Igbos pushed their luck too far and they are still pushing it. Their leaders have said more than the king and the followers are not better.

Would Luv to hear what warranted this from the king....

Even if he was provoked, even if Lagos was burning , he is supposed to froster peace n not spew wild! There r yorubas in Igbo land too n they wud go to d v booth n vote their choices with nobody shoving a candidates down their throat!

I get to hate APshit daily... They r all about violence n blood! May theirs be spilled first!
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by hansad: 9:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
oladele97:

Is your senior brother that is a fool, I wonder what should be the problem of Igbo with Lagos, I do blame hausa when ever there is riot in northern Nigeria but I realize to some level you people do not deserve to be treated like human being.

Excuse me, with the mindset of people like you, why must we continue to have One Nigeria?
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by seeker121(m): 9:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
fearless indeed try and visit sambisa forest to rescue the chibok girls just running ur mouth here on nairaland can't exchange words with kid like you .I hv a lot to think about but mind you,i knw u have not witness real film cos if you have you will not pray for violence but if he don set he don set be dat man live to die cos it's inevitable why must i fear.
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by Mars88(m): 10:00pm On Apr 06, 2015
What he said is wrong in 2015, this is not 1886 but as for a stupid apology, for what na? Why cant u people sef go to your various origins, develop it and avoid this recurring bashing? Lets embrace peace
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by monopoly3072: 10:01pm On Apr 06, 2015
oladele97:
Ti oba lase.....u have to the will of OBA or u pack you transfer ur business to PH. U talking about wrath, what can ur stupid ohanaeze do, am ready to see what u can do. And take it or leave it OBA don't apologise for amy reason
R u sure ur well upstairs. ..who is d oba to say such an inciting statement and yet cannot apologise. ..pls lets b learned for once and think straight in dis forum

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by adesegun121(m): 10:02pm On Apr 06, 2015
ozoigbondu:
The Ohanaeze Youth Council (OYC), the youth wing of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, the apex socio-cultural organisation of Ndigbo, has issued a 48-hour ultimatum to the Oba of Lagos, Alhaji Rilwan Akiolu, to “retract and unconditionally apologise to Ndigbo” over his alleged death threat to Ndigbo living in Lagos should they fail to vote for the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate, Akinwumi Ambode, on April 11.

Apart from positing that democracy confers on the electorate, the freedom of choice, OYC said it considered the comments credited to Akiolu as “a despicable insult on the Igbo nation, home and abroad, least expected of a royal father in the rank of Oba of Lagos.”

The group called on security agencies to invite the Oba for questioning because of the grave dangers his current posture portends while lambasted the monarch for employing crude arm-twisting, obtaining by tricks tactics.

The monarch had reportedly threatened to make life unbearable for the Igbos in Lagos if they sabotage efforts being made to ensure that Ambode emerges as the next governor of the state.

Akiolu was said to have summoned all the Eze-Ndigbo in Lagos State to his palace yesterday and told them: “On Saturday, if anyone of you goes against Ambode, who I picked, that is your end. If it does not happen within seven days, just know that I am a bastard and it is not my father who gave birth to me.

“By the grace of God, I am the owner of Lagos for the time being. On Saturday, if anyone of you, I swear in the name of God, goes against my wish that Ambode will be the next governor of Lagos State, the person is going to die inside this water.

“For the Igbo and others in Lagos, they should go where the Oba of Lagos heads to. When they were coming to the state, they did not come with all their houses. But now, they have properties in the state. So they must do my bidding. And that is the bidding of the ancestors of Lagos and God.

“I am not ready to beg you. Nobody knew how I picked Ambode. Jimi is my blood relation and I told him that he could never be governor in Lagos for now. I am not begging anybody, but what you people cannot do in Onitsha, Aba or anywhere you cannot do it here.”

Reacting to the monarch’s outburst, OYC, in a statement issued this afternoon in Umuahia and endorsed by its National President, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro, warned that “Igbo youths will not take this insult lightly, and unless he apologises within 48 hours he should know he is courting our wrath.”

OYC further warned that should anything happen to Ndigbo or their business interests in Lagos in the event of APC losing the Lagos governorship race, the Oba should be held responsible.

“Inasmuch as we do not want to get involved in Lagos politics, we want to sound a note of warning that no Igbo should be vilified or persecuted for his or her electoral choice in Lagos or any part of Nigeria,” the group said.

“Every Nigerian has the constitutional right to reside in any part of the country and participate in the electoral process based on one’s convictions, and electoral choice is not a crime,” it added.

Isiguzoro said “nobody no matter what he thinks he is, has the right to command Ndigbo anywhere on who to vote for in a democratic setting.”

He said that the unprintable comments credited to the Oba had only revealed his innate hatred for Ndigbo.

The Oba, according to him, “should be reminded that the economy of Lagos will collapse should Ndigbo decide to pull their investments from the commercial city.”

He said that “Ndigbo have remained the most persecuted , hated and marginalised tribe in Nigeria , yet the most enterprising and highest contributors to the growth of its economy, peace and unity.”

OYC asserted that the Igbo race needs commendation and not hatred for their ingenuity, versatility and presence in every part of the country, adding that God has destined Ndigbo to prosper in any part of the world, even in hostile environments.

The group, therefore, encouraged Ndigbo in Lagos and elsewhere to vote according to their conscience in the forthcoming polls without fear of intimidation.

http://naija247news.com/2015/04/ohanaeze-gives-oba-of-lagos-48-hours-to-withdraw-threat-to-igbos/

ohanaeze... Oraa loo ma san paa eee...
Mayb lagos na ur papa land...

Una days na numbers

arm robber people

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by francisbiz: 10:02pm On Apr 06, 2015
belabela:
This is how it will play out:
1. Oba will not apologise
2. Igbos will vote pdp
3. Ambode will win
4. Igbos in Lagos will dissociate themselves from Ohaneze - delegation will be sent to Oba of Lagos that they are loyal.

No Yoruba man will accept a threat to an Oba by "visitors" even Jimi Agbaje is not pleased with this so calked threat. I hope Ohaneze knows what they are really saying.

This is how it will play out:
1. Oba will not apologise
2. Igbos will vote PDP
3. AGBAJE will win
4. The oba will dissociate himself from the statement - delegation will be sent to Governor Agbaje that he is loyal.
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by Udmaster(m): 10:02pm On Apr 06, 2015
Aigbofa:

They will issue another ultimatum against the first altimatum. All motion but no movement.
you people know how to make noise! Olodo
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 06, 2015
Bia akhagbeni do u want people to see ur ugly face?
ManMountain:

I'm getting excited already, Wednesday is almost here. Ibos are in for a rude shock
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by masterpix(m): 10:02pm On Apr 06, 2015
Volksfuhrer:
Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos an ultimatum!

Is this a joke? Insulting the Lagos monarch is thoughtless, insolent and rash! This might make things even worse!

just you lazy bones has been feed since by rent and agboro
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by Toks2008(m): 10:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
OrigamiIII:
Do you have culture at all? Obas in yoruba land do not apologise for their actions, its a taboo. Arthur Eze made far worse statements than whatever the oba might have said. Did the opc issued any ultimatum to him. Ohaneze words or statement can only hold sway in the SE not anywhere else. Things you won't allow in your region and can't dare try it in the north why attempt to practice it in the SW. Yorubas are very well cultured, exposed and quite accommondating, it is better we respect each other and not take the freedom accorded for liberty to abuse their sensibilities. Everyone should vote according to their conscience.

Whoever that person or group is that is asking the Oba to apologize must go to the palace right away before 24hours to apologize.

Oh oh oh, i pity these clueless and foolish igbos who think they can cut the shots in Lagos,i am weeping for them now for daring the OBA of Lagos, what insolence.

I am not tribalistic but trust me, the igbos have crossed the line this time and if you all love yourselves just go to the OBA and make peace.Lagos is and will never be your home town so get that now or learn the hard way.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by Jaycool18(m): 10:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
y'all dnt even knw shii bout what's happening in the east,very soon y'all will hear from us. And pls note that this is not 1967, this is 2015 and this time We have the entire niger Delta with us. since y'all hate us So much, we'll break from this zoo called Nigeria and then all these yoruba's will become slaves to the northerners. Let's see who looses
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by descoay(m): 10:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
This is the type of politics and propaganda PDP played that cost GEJ the Presidency. Agbaje and co are deploying the same tactics in Lagos and it will not work as he will be roundly defeated by Ambode on saturday. The news making the rounds now is that majority of his supporters who are Yorubas are backing down because of the insults being meted out to the Lagos Oba by a section of Igbos in Lagos. PDP has not learnt their lessons.
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by ManMountain(m): 10:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
DikeOha882:
Bia akhagbeni do u want people to see ur ugly face?
God punish your father if you don't do that
Anuofia, ape from across the Niger.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by AndreUweh(m): 10:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
It's high time the APC warns the monarch to shut his chronic smelly mouth.
This is an election that APC is set to win and there is no need for him to spoil their chances by his brainless utterances.
Anyway, this is what you get when an agbero is upgraded.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
I really love this game as its playing out. Why?

Because before this Ibos know what comes next, the whole Yorubas in Lagos will turn against them in the blink of an eye. Its just a pity that some though still see it as a PDP-APC affair.

BUT BET IT, More Yorubas, even the PDP ones will see this as an affront rather than as a political game. THIS IS WHERE IT WILL BLOW UP into the faces of these illegal immigrants.

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by descoay(m): 10:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
This is the type of politics and propaganda PDP played that cost GEJ the Presidency. Agbaje and co are deploying the same tactics in Lagos and it will not work as he will be roundly defeated by Ambode on saturday. The news making the rounds now is that majority of his supporters who are Yorubas are backing down because of the insults being meted out to the Lagos Oba by a section of Igbos in Lagos. PDP has not learnt any lesson.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
We fight,we kill and then what?...The real problem is ignorance and illiteracy....if yoruba and igbos fight,there's going to be casualties on both sides...and the innocent are the ones who will suffer,igbos have been living peacfully among the yorubas,they have been belittled,what do yorubas want?igbos should stop breathing,it wont happen,No tribe deserves to be spoken to in that manner
And then igbos,i believe your behaviors is part of the reason why you are been treated this way...Respect your selves i beg,avoid trouble,stop been tribalistic,there is no need to issue threat,its almost like you have never been part of Nigeria since the civil war,there's no denying you have helped a great deal in the development of lagos state and Nigeria as a whole,smh...
Stop this thread of tribalism.....we all will suffer it,death doesn't know igbo or yoruba...
Please my yoruba brothers we are fighting racism while Tribalism is looming ahead,its deadlier,.....Igbos are humble people.,they have taken a lot of insults from every other tribe,learn to accept them,all they need is a little understanding,Don't judge the entire igbo people wrongly because of the few igbos you see around misbehaving,every tribe has those,..even the oba is aware of the weight of the igbos in lagos,which is why he is making this threat,why didn't he threaten the hausas,please be wise,Agbaje is not igbo na haba!!
My dear igbo brothers,Don't fight violence with violence...it doesn't end well,there are other ways of proving a point other than making threats....those of you thinking that Yorubas are all the same,they are not!...Some want violence....but not all..don't misjudge an entire tribe Because of those around you...we need to stop this madness.....

I don't speak as An igbo or yoruba person but as a NIGERIAN....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply)

Bianca Ojukwu: Why I Slapped Ebele Obiano Who Was Drunk / Lawmaker Abandons Car For Electric Bicycle Over Fuel Price Hike (pic) / The 7 States President Buhari Gave Two Ministerial Slots And The Reasons Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.