Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,556 members, 7,823,444 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos (88332 Views)

Jonathan Reacts To Ultimatum Given To Igbos By Northern Youths / Igbinedion Gives Oba Of Benin Seven-month Old Tiger / Ohanaeze Gives FG Utimatum To Send Igbo Teachers To Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 06, 2015
Shame of a nation. Even in a democratic setting, hate and tribalism reigns. The Oba has no right to compel people to do his will, instead of soliciting for support he threatens to kill by drowning.

Like my friend will say, I laugh in Greek.

The Yorubas' and their loud mouth with no strength, talk the most.

Preach peace and stop inciting statement of hate and war, otherwise you will be consumed by the very hate u preach.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by ocelot2006(m): 9:50pm On Apr 06, 2015
Teddyg2:
For my Papa Land
Igbo's dey insult my King
Habaaa
Time don reach for unnna make unnnna go back to unnna Village

And who will chase them back to their states? You?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by no1madman(m): 9:50pm On Apr 06, 2015
ManMountain:

Ape ! Shut your trap, your Igwe will bow for every yoruba living soul before such will happen.
oh! u resemble obj! imma bang ur anuuuuuuuuuuus b4 ur oba. . .haha!
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by estyvino(m): 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
Oh God, You are seeing this, please do not be quite, Biafra must be actualize. Amen
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ha kpata ego ha ewere ya mee owambe, mgbe Ndi Igbo tachara ahuhu kpata ego ma chekwa ya, anya ufu ebido igbu ha, Ndi Igbo biko nu muru nu anya maka na onye ndi iro gbara gburugburu na eche ndu ya eche.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
CaptainAmerica1:

Ehen ehen.. They have come again

They now control 80% of Lagos, Ibadan, Oshogbo and Akure

They are also 90% of the population of those cities

They also have Obi of Lagos, Emeka of Akure

Yeye people. Mtswwww

U read my mind as u jjust posted the pic of ur senseless oba gorillas mofo tribe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by mejai(m): 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
it's so funny how d oba is indirectly begging d Igbos for votes. I tot d Yoruba can do without d Igbos.... why d begging now?
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by hansad: 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
[quote author=jayfolarin post=32418002]the yoruba region to be way ahead of them should nigeria break up (God forbid).

What is God forbidding about Nigeria breaking up? Did God create Nigeria? No.

You know truly that Nigeria will break up, but you do not want it for now, because you do not want to lose crude oil revenues. But Oba of Lagos and people like you segregate people in Lagos according to tribe.

Any way, you are not to blame with your little intelligence, people from the SS and SE are to blame for continuing to be divided and ruled.
But it is time for the SE to go it alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by mitchey(m): 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
The action of Oba Akiolu falls short of inspiring future leaders.

Read more here:

http://inspirecrib..com/2015/04/when-leaders-fail-to-inspire.html

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by masterpix(m): 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
oladele97:
Ti oba lase.....u have to the will of OBA or u pack you transfer ur business to PH. U talking about wrath, what can ur stupid ohanaeze do, am ready to see what u can do. And take it or leave it OBA don't apologise for amy reason
may die of hate idiot
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by olas24u(f): 9:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
chiefokonkwo:

And if that threat is not withdrawn by akiolu in the next 48hours, we the ndigbo will either go to court or we will make lagos very uncomfortable for akiolu and his people

After the election you will all suffer
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by rahman25: 9:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
[quote author=wakacome post=32424298]Don't mind those hypocrites they are trying to use the tweak the oba speech to win sympathy votes for the clueless agbaje....agbaje can never win lagos,if they like they should beg all the igbos in lagos agbaje will still not win!!!!!!![/qbunch my guy no mind those omo ales we have in Yoruba land. Those that sold their birth right to foreigners. Igbos never like Yoruba yet they enjoy all the good things meant for the yorubas. They are all bunch of hypocrites.
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by Toks2008(m): 9:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
[size=40pt]THE OBA WILL NEVER EVER APOLOGIZE.[/size]

Igbos act dumb at-times with your bias sentiments and that is why you guys will never become president in Nigeria.

In politics you dont become too sentiment to the detriment of your own self and i only pity the igbos with their dogmatic psychology.

For crying out loud, your business in Lagos is to make money so go on and do just that.Imagine giving the OBA 48hrs, how dumb.

Igbo traders will be most affected so they should get reasonable and play along because in politics no permanent friends or permanent enemies but permanent interests so if Ambode promises that and the OBA gives his word why not call your brothers and play along?Honestly these igbos dont know what they are getting into with their foolish conspicuous hatred for APC which is an endemic party in Lagos

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by bobo9ice: 9:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
kaorama:
No need. Igbos will respond to the Oba and his APC on Saturday election.

Like you did last week Sat and you lost... Its obvious Ndigbo's vote don't count in Lagos anymore.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by OrigamiIII: 9:52pm On Apr 06, 2015
Do you have culture at all? Obas in yoruba land do not apologise for their actions, its a taboo. Arthur Eze made far worse statements than whatever the oba might have said. Did the opc issued any ultimatum to him. Ohaneze words or statement can only hold sway in the SE not anywhere else. Things you won't allow in your region and can't dare try it in the north why attempt to practice it in the SW. Yorubas are very well cultured, exposed and quite accommondating, it is better we respect each other and not take the freedom accorded for liberty to abuse their sensibilities. Everyone should vote according to their conscience.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 06, 2015
M4gunners:
Why do you feel Agbaje is planning to be governor of Igbos?

Because he is not distancing himself from an ethnno-divisive comment simply because he may benefit from it.
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by andyanders: 9:53pm On Apr 06, 2015
remmyton:

Not sÙrprised, coming from a forsaken bastard
Amadihoha has striken u, lollllllll

Remmyton, were you able to travel for your studies to the UK as planned or you did not make it cus of your partner? I pray you did travel as planned,
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by eagleeyez: 9:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
ozoigbondu:
The Ohanaeze Youth Council (OYC), the youth wing of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, the apex socio-cultural organisation of Ndigbo, has issued a 48-hour ultimatum to the Oba of Lagos, Alhaji Rilwan Akiolu, to “retract and unconditionally apologise to Ndigbo” over his alleged death threat to Ndigbo living in Lagos should they fail to vote for the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate, Akinwumi Ambode, on April 11.

Apart from positing that democracy confers on the electorate, the freedom of choice, OYC said it considered the comments credited to Akiolu as “a despicable insult on the Igbo nation, home and abroad, least expected of a royal father in the rank of Oba of Lagos.”

The group called on security agencies to invite the Oba for questioning because of the grave dangers his current posture portends while lambasted the monarch for employing crude arm-twisting, obtaining by tricks tactics.

The monarch had reportedly threatened to make life unbearable for the Igbos in Lagos if they sabotage efforts being made to ensure that Ambode emerges as the next governor of the state.

Akiolu was said to have summoned all the Eze-Ndigbo in Lagos State to his palace yesterday and told them: “On Saturday, if anyone of you goes against Ambode, who I picked, that is your end. If it does not happen within seven days, just know that I am a bastard and it is not my father who gave birth to me.

“By the grace of God, I am the owner of Lagos for the time being. On Saturday, if anyone of you, I swear in the name of God, goes against my wish that Ambode will be the next governor of Lagos State, the person is going to die inside this water.

“For the Igbo and others in Lagos, they should go where the Oba of Lagos heads to. When they were coming to the state, they did not come with all their houses. But now, they have properties in the state. So they must do my bidding. And that is the bidding of the ancestors of Lagos and God.

“I am not ready to beg you. Nobody knew how I picked Ambode. Jimi is my blood relation and I told him that he could never be governor in Lagos for now. I am not begging anybody, but what you people cannot do in Onitsha, Aba or anywhere you cannot do it here.”

Reacting to the monarch’s outburst, OYC, in a statement issued this afternoon in Umuahia and endorsed by its National President, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro, warned that “Igbo youths will not take this insult lightly, and unless he apologises within 48 hours he should know he is courting our wrath.”

OYC further warned that should anything happen to Ndigbo or their business interests in Lagos in the event of APC losing the Lagos governorship race, the Oba should be held responsible.

“Inasmuch as we do not want to get involved in Lagos politics, we want to sound a note of warning that no Igbo should be vilified or persecuted for his or her electoral choice in Lagos or any part of Nigeria,” the group said.

“Every Nigerian has the constitutional right to reside in any part of the country and participate in the electoral process based on one’s convictions, and electoral choice is not a crime,” it added.

Isiguzoro said “nobody no matter what he thinks he is, has the right to command Ndigbo anywhere on who to vote for in a democratic setting.”

He said that the unprintable comments credited to the Oba had only revealed his innate hatred for Ndigbo.

The Oba, according to him, “should be reminded that the economy of Lagos will collapse should Ndigbo decide to pull their investments from the commercial city.”

He said that “Ndigbo have remained the most persecuted , hated and marginalised tribe in Nigeria , yet the most enterprising and highest contributors to the growth of its economy, peace and unity.”

OYC asserted that the Igbo race needs commendation and not hatred for their ingenuity, versatility and presence in every part of the country, adding that God has destined Ndigbo to prosper in any part of the world, even in hostile environments.

The group, therefore, encouraged Ndigbo in Lagos and elsewhere to vote according to their conscience in the forthcoming polls without fear of intimidation.

http://naija247news.com/2015/04/ohanaeze-gives-oba-of-lagos-48-hours-to-withdraw-threat-to-igbos/

Am not for intimidation or oppression but let's call a spade,a spade.

There are some influentil people behind scenes that call shots and this is happening all over the world

What can the ibos do? Lagos is not for them they are enterprising and industrious who look for opportunities all over nigeria including bh ridden areas. Its all about money for them

Dance to his tune or gettout...... Lagos is not even for them.
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by olaniyanc: 9:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
jayfolarin:
Oh really? War chants and drums! Better take it easy oo coz I don't believe the Oba will apologise. If any of these people have a first hand war experience, they won't be heating the polity like this!

Oba is the monarch of lagos, he has to protect the interest of lagos first. The very many projects that will make lagos the number 1 city in Africa are underway by the APC government and he feels the igbos do not like and want this coz they don't want the yoruba region to be way ahead of them should nigeria break up (God forbid). You can only understand his frustration at any attempt to scuttle the advancement that has been witnessed in Lagos state in the last 16years.
t
Anyways I blame the PDP solely for this!!! The same strategy of divide and conquer that cost GEJ the presidency is what is being deployed in lagos by JK. PDP will never learn.

PDP started this method turned madness through Fayose/FFK cursing Buhari an elderstateman .OYC did not condemn them then.Hypocrites!!
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by masterpix(m): 9:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
Or what will happen? ? These people sha. Yimu. Hot air as usual.
die now or go to hell
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by zizytd(m): 9:55pm On Apr 06, 2015
remmyton:
Yorubas think they Ά̲̣̣̣̥я̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ the wisest tribe - olodo reasoning

Hausas think they Ά̲̣̣̣̥я̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ born to rule - poverty leads to daydreams

Igbos believe they can survive anywhere - FACT

LAST BULLET: the problem with Hausas n Yorubas is their refusal to accept that the tribe with the smallest land mass can truly be their stronghold (I.e. Their true saviours from hardship they wud av been in, if not for the Igbos)

God please continue to bless my fatherland
May amadioha strick any1 wu decides to quote me n spew rubbish
We r great pple Bt our major problem is that we hate 2much, we think we r better Dan others, seriously if must Ibos r white they will be serious racists.
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 06, 2015
Alphaoscar:
In as much as I disagree with Oba Akiolu for his use of words I will never condemn him because the Igbos pushed their luck too far and they are still pushing it. Their leaders have said more than the king and the followers are not better.

My brother from your write up you look educated but sound Brainwashed!
How on earth do you command people on who to vote in a democratic system!

Poor You

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by eagleeyez: 9:55pm On Apr 06, 2015
OrigamiIII:
Do you have culture at all? Obas in yoruba land do not apologise for their actions, its a taboo. Arthur Eze made far worse statements than whatever the oba might have said. Did the opc issued any ultimatum to him. Ohaneze words or statement can only hold sway in the SE not anywhere else. Things you won't allow in your region and can't dare try it in the north why attempt to practice it in the SW. Yorubas are very well cultured, exposed and quite accommondating, it is better we respect each other and not take the freedom accorded for liberty to abuse their sensibilities. Everyone should vote according to their conscience.

Please tell them. All this response na just songs that won't see light of day.

Oba apologise, indeed.
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by coulisse: 9:56pm On Apr 06, 2015
why is anyone arguing we all know that ambode will win Lagos Tinubu will never allow agbaje to win Lagos it will be over his dead body let the Igbo's vote for who they want.
let preach love not violence not war one love Nigeria
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by mcprince32(m): 9:56pm On Apr 06, 2015
Very Important:
Eko'o onibaje e. On the 2nd January 2015, I saw a vision of a big problem in the land, but none could help out. As all were contemplating over who would handle it, I heard Ifeanyi Agbaje. I further enquired and realised they were Ifeanyi Okowa (of Delta State) and Jimi Agbaje (of Lagos state) could solve these problems. I don't know them personally, but I hereby implore all concerned state indigens to pls Vote for them. God bless you all.
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by masterpix(m): 9:56pm On Apr 06, 2015
paolo96:
Igbo are like Jonathan,everything they lay their hands upon automatically becomes bad luck,we saw it at the gubernatorial election.

Same thing you carried your Igbos to do in Ghana that they started deporting other innocent Nigerians

The Hausas are now proving us wrong,Igbos are the real problem in Nigeria.
General president of mad people in the world I recognise you sir
Lol,Nairaland don accustomise Flathea* for Igbos,you can't surely run away from your shadow
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by Emmayur(m): 9:56pm On Apr 06, 2015
ocelot2006:

And what will you clowns do. As a SS man who schooled and lived in the SW (Lagos, Ondo, Ekiti, and Ogun) for years, I know your kind very well: all noise/gra-gra but ZERO action. I equally grew up in the SE and I can categorically tell you that if an Igbo man decides to beat you with an iron rod, be rest assured that he will. In any physical alcateration, be rest assured that it will be one - sided and definitely not in your tribe's favour.

Mr u are fanning the fire of wahala. You suppose know say some fight will not be physical but more of strategically imposing difficult economic taxes on the Igbos. See the yoruba is very respectful and since both persons gunning for the governor's position are his subject with Jk is blood relation, you can be rest assured that even him will be used as a weapon against the Igbos if the Oba so desires. This is Lagos not Nnewi.
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by zimoni(f): 9:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
Now I believe Agbaje is a BASTARD.

AKOTILETA OMO ALE.

HE's a GONNER

He's GONE.

BASKART.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
all of you guys making mouth on the thread must be ready to fight when real fight starts... IDIOTS FIGHTING OVER NOTHING

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by BlackHuman(m): 9:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
Apologise?- In ur dreams.......If he doesn't apologise, go to his palace and beat him up- .....Apologise ko, Sorry ni. I'm just sorry 4 Agbaje. If he allows dis tin turn into a total, fullscale Yoruba vs Igbo election b4 saturday, he'll shoot himself on the foot.
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
okeamuboy:

Na wa o, u guys were so senseless that you forgot to elect a possible candidate for the Senate president's seat. grin grin

Stay on topic biatch.. Just like you to run in circles and shout and threaten
Re: Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos by hush15: 9:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
omenka:
And they'd make sure they milk this dry, down to its bones.

The Oba messed up big time and should indeed issue an apology.

But behind the whole mess lies the legacy Jonathan is leaving behind; ethnoreligious politicking.

Why do we always see the truth and ignore it.

What has Jonathan got to do with this? Was it Jonathan, or PDP that made the comment? APC. And the. Oba made it the comment and they didn't hide it. So how come PDP is promoting ethno religious whatever.

When they lost, PDP took an honorable path where APC is threatening fire and brimestone! When would Nigerians learn and see which Party is evil and which is good?

I just tire for this country. Akiolu never supported Jonathan. Didn't he collect dollars? Ask him whom he voted for abi he did not vote?

This country is wicked and ruthless. Nigeria and Nigerians don't deserve the truth or someone that's true. Even if they had a good person, they won't realize it cos they don't have the heart for it.

You all deserved to be oppressed, slaved and even tormented sef cos you all will never learn.

An Oba is saying rubbish and some say it is PDP....

APC is just not the Party. Deceit and hate and destroy is in their gene

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply)

Lawmaker Abandons Car For Electric Bicycle Over Fuel Price Hike (pic) / The 7 States President Buhari Gave Two Ministerial Slots And The Reasons Why / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi Greets Saraki By Bending And Got People Talking (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.