Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). - Celebrities (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). (42601 Views)

Kunle Afolayan On Vacation In London With His Daughters(photos) / Kunle Afolayan And Omotola Jalade Chilling In LA / Kunle Afolayan Blasts Instagram Followers Trying To Correct Him For Taking Shish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by haibe(m): 9:19am On Apr 07, 2015
safarigirl:
there is no justification for theft.

If I leave 10,000 naira on a table and you steal it how is it my fault? A mother leaves meat in a pot of soup and a child steals it, is it her fault? Humans can be tempted, but it behoves on everyone to ignore such. If there was no market for piracy, it would never thrive. Don't justify piracy by blaming one side, it takes two to tango.

Speak like an educated person please, you're embarrassing your certificate

What you don't know is that the copyright law is to avoid products from being pirated, not for disallowing people to buy pirated copies.. This is because the only reason people buy pirated copies is because they are readily available and inexpensive. If they are not available, no one would buy them; that is why making the pirated copy available is the crime. I have not come across any law around the world that says buying a pirated copy is a crime but rather pirating an original copy is a crime.

Meanwhile your analogy of stealing above is incoherent with the issue of piracy. How many people even know that the product they are using is pirated? Don't you hear of people being duped into buying cloned phones in computer village thinking they have the original? Some people actually think they are buying the original copy as some wouldn't even expect the original copies to be very expensive. If those copies were not pirated, no one would be able buy them; it's simple as ABC.. It's illogical to think every single person will stop buying pirated copies and then piracy will stop but it is logical to condemn piracy itself in order for piracy to end.

And please be matured when replying people's post, saying I am embarrassing my certificate is an insult which I wouldn't have taken from another person, I used to see you as a respectable person on this forum. Is it difficult to place your argument without going personal?

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by olin88: 9:29am On Apr 07, 2015
silverdam:
Honestly speaking, Kunle Afolayan is saying the truth and the fact. Even the igbos know this, we all see them, that's their business, piracy business. God heal our land..

Later, you will hear the igbos shouting and screaming they own nollywood, they are the creator of nollywood, they dominate nollywood, yet they are the one killing the same nollywood with high volume of PIRACY.

I love the igbos but they've caused so many troubles, I'm not a tribalist or a bigot but let's face reality, igbos are industrious but they just don't get it. I don't understand them, especially the ones that are not born in Lagos.

Please don't quote me... Just read and break a leg.

Meanwhile vote Ambode for continuity, its not Oba we are voting for. Ambode ni

must u guys mention igbos in every tin, so u cant find yorubas dat dose same any way der iS god oo, anywr d igbos r calld God will answer
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Neplusultra(f): 9:34am On Apr 07, 2015
Kunle with five failed marriages and u pple are here taking him serious!!! Lol! Nwoke Samaria undecided
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Franksantos(m): 9:36am On Apr 07, 2015
Destroyers...name dem go first talk rubbish[color=#000099][/color] kiss
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by baysol: 9:36am On Apr 07, 2015
nerodenero:
There's no ending to the rivalry between yorubas and Igbos.Funny enough,Igbos still prefer yorubas to the Hausas and the Hausas prefer yorubas to the Igbos. The question is, which ethnic group does the yorubas prefer? Bigotry divides us and shouldn't be tolerated. Just like any movie producer, Kunle invest heavily in movie production and his pained seeing his hard-earned job being sold like agege-bread.This matter needs urgent attention.

The fact remains that the cup of igbos is full with their nonsense all over the place and they want to tell us they are intelligent and hard working. Only to wait for others to work hard and them pounce on the benefit and claim its theirs. Look at the way they voted for irrelevant PDP in the last election now they want to be given senate or house president. Are these people normal at all? I think yorubas have been too mild with this rubbish people for too long, now they want to turn themselves from slave to master. These flat headed tape worms must be shown the door.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by safarigirl(f): 9:50am On Apr 07, 2015
haibe:

What you don't know is that the copyright law is to avoid products from being pirated, not for disallowing people to buy pirated copies.. This is because the only reason people buy pirated copies is because they are readily available and inexpensive. If they are not available, no one would buy them; that is why making the pirated copy available is the crime. I have not come across any law around the world that says buying a pirated copy is a crime but rather pirating an original copy is a crime.

Meanwhile your analogy of stealing above is incoherent with the issue of piracy. How many people even know that the product they are using is pirated? Don't you hear of people being duped into buying cloned phones in computer village thinking they have the original? Some people actually think they are buying the original copy as some wouldn't even expect the original copies to be very expensive. If those copies were not pirated, no one would be able buy them; it's simple as ABC.. It's illogical to think every single person will stop buying pirated copies and then piracy will stop but it is logical to condemn piracy itself in order for piracy to end.

And please be matured when replying people's post, saying I am embarrassing my certificate is an insult which I wouldn't have taken from another person, I used to see you as a respectable person on this forum. Is it difficult to place your argument without going personal?
it's also illogical to think that everyone will stop pirating movies. People will seek for their daily bread legally or illegally, that's life.

So the sooner Kunle and crew learn to stop bytchin' and find a way to incorporate these people into movie distrivution, the better. If you can't beat them.....

I also used to hold you in high esteem until you justified Kunle's irrational and bigoted comment

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 07, 2015
floragregs:
He didn't have to mention any tribe! We don't go about talking about how dirty they are, do we?

Oh, please, shut up.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Oluqueen: 9:56am On Apr 07, 2015
balotelli:
Damn you Igbo people scum and dregs of Nigeria. Left to me you all should be sent out of Lagos I hate you all when it's time to chase you people out ill be at the fore front bloody roaches you all are

This your hatred will consume you before that time comes.

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 07, 2015
haibe:

It is a crime to be caught with pirated copies. But Nigeria does not really emphasize it.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by haibe(m): 9:58am On Apr 07, 2015
safarigirl:
it's also illogical to think that everyone will stop pirating movies. People will seek for their daily bread legally or illegally, that's life.

No it's not illogical because this doesn't happen in well developed countries were copyright violation is a serious crime, , duplicating the work someone has done and selling it as yours is not only an act of stealing and plagiarism but also wicked.. If simply because of your selfish gain, you sell another man's work to get his gains, then you should be charged with theft.

We know they will eventually sell because the average Nigerian might not even be able to afford a 3 square mean daily not to talk of buying a CD at 1k when he can get it at 100 naira; you have forced him to an end where he has to purchase it even if the copy is illegal because of how cheap it is.

If those pirating can maintain their integrity and not be so selfish to want the gains of the work of another man, then piracy will be a thing of the past
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by haibe(m): 10:01am On Apr 07, 2015
hifaif:

It is a crime to be caught with pirated copies. But Nigeria does not really emphasize it.

Oh Okay.... but even if emphasised; the fact that is available will force the uninformed and average Nigerian to go for it since they might not be able to afford the original; that's why the source of piracy have to be dealt with.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by samiflow1: 10:14am On Apr 07, 2015
Watch the video of the oba of lagos thretening the igbos http://naijatalks..com/2015/04/oba-of-lagos-threatens-igbos-in-lagos.html
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by DeGenius3(m): 10:18am On Apr 07, 2015
this is a very big problem. pirated copies of movies everywhere.

but seriously Sir, you should have controlled your emotions.
you know most people will not want to understand you.

just keep trying and someday, soonest, this will be a thing of the past.

Learn How To Design Database Driven Websites Like Facebook, Jumia, INEC,
Uniport.edu.ng etc. This is Pretty Simple if You Follow My Instructions.
If You Watch These Videos, You WILL Definitely Design Real Professional Database
Driven Websites and Bank N100k Per Job Guaranteed.

SPECIAL BONUS: How To Set Up Your Own SMS Portal and Make Consistent and
Steady Income Monthly Providing SMS Services To Organzations, Individuals,
Businesses etc.

Call: 08068610757 for More Info.

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 07, 2015
haibe:

Oh Okay.... but even if emphasised; the fact that is available will force the uninformed and average Nigerian to go for it since they might not be able to afford the original; that's why the source of piracy have to be dealt with.

I understand, bro. Our movie industry (do we really even have) is poorly strictured. It would take great restructuring to kill piracy.

In more developed countries, money is spent heavily on movies and these movies hardly go straight into DVD. They are first shown in cinemas and people can pay anything to watch because they are mostly always sure of getting satisfaction for their money. Also, most of this movies get reviews and have synopsis on the net unlike Nigerian movies, so, you know what to expect.

The truth is, we still have a long way to go. And the AGN and PMAN aren't even looking sound. They need sound leaders to move the industry forward, not mediocre actors. Everyone is just doing what they like. Producing what they like.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by sobmos(m): 10:52am On Apr 07, 2015
floragregs:
He didn't have to mention any tribe! We don't go about talking about how dirty they are, do we?
how dirty they are? Really? Is that the best you've got? Yet you want to die on their land? Why not go back to your forest? Eh? Mumu.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by sobmos(m): 10:54am On Apr 07, 2015
safarigirl:
Sad

Is it only Igbos that pirate the movies? Isn't it human beings that buy these pirated copies? Do his Yoruba brothers not patronize these pirates as well? If there were no markets for them, would piracy thrive?

Is he the first producer to have his movies pirated? Many have come before him and even a primary 6 student knows that piracy is one of the things every movie producer will have to face in Nigeria so if that's what Kunle is bytchin' about then he's apparently not as smart as he seems.

When AY had this issue, he didn't go about cursing tribes.....shows how daft Kunle is. He forgets that those movies he makes require sponsors. Getting sponsors will be harder now with this comment especially as he'll be losing a great number of Igbo fans
what's this one saying? STFU already jor.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Ladybluecash(f): 11:02am On Apr 07, 2015
nerodenero:
There's no ending to the rivalry between yorubas and Igbos.Funny enough,Igbos still prefer yorubas to the Hausas and the Hausas prefer yorubas to the Igbos. The question is, which ethnic group does the yorubas prefer? Bigotry divides us and shouldn't be tolerated. Just like any movie producer, Kunle invest heavily in movie production and his pained seeing his hard-earned job being sold like agege-bread.This matter needs urgent attention.
abeg igbos don prefer any yeye smellin yoruba ppl for anytin. Dirty pigs na yorooobaaa
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by kunle75(m): 11:14am On Apr 07, 2015
illiad:
Its like using the term igbo its the trendy thing to do now? Yorubas they fry trouble and this trouble you're frying will consume your generations unborn.

please bros am a Nigerian like you too and two wrong cant make a right,lets all of us put our hand together and get rid of pirates so that our society can move forward
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by nerodenero: 11:18am On Apr 07, 2015
I know you are one of those that condemned the Oba for his statement which I support but look at your own unfriendly submission.
Ladybluecash:
abeg igbos don prefer any yeye smellin yoruba ppl for anytin. Dirty pigs na yorooobaaa
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by safarigirl(f): 11:20am On Apr 07, 2015
haibe:

No it's not illogical because this doesn't happen in well developed countries were copyright violation is a serious crime, , duplicating the work someone has done and selling it as yours is not only an act of stealing and plagiarism but also wicked.. If simply because of your selfish gain, you sell another man's work to get his gains, then you should be charged with theft.

We know they will eventually sell because the average Nigerian might not even be able to afford a 3 square mean daily not to talk of buying a CD at 1k when he can get it at 100 naira; you have forced him to an end where he has to purchase it even if the copy is illegal because of how cheap it is.

If those pirating can maintain their integrity and not be so selfish to want the gains of the work of another man, then piracy will be a thing of the past
see Kunle doesn't have issues yet. I can get an American movie online now for FREE.m. as in I don't have to pay a cent for it, till today you can't find phone swap online for free.

Kunle can start hyperventilating when his movies are sold for free. Go and educate yourself on true piracy Cruz those Akaba boys never start work at all.

I think you should be more concerned with getting the national assembly to pass a bill against bigoted speech than piracy
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by kenrish2(m): 11:33am On Apr 07, 2015
nerodenero:
dats naija for u if e no wan act tell am to stop
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by haibe(m): 11:36am On Apr 07, 2015
safarigirl:
see Kunle doesn't have issues yet. I can get an American movie online now for FREE.m. as in I don't have to pay a cent for it, till today you can't find phone swap online for free.

Kunle can start hyperventilating when his movies are sold for free. Go and educate yourself on true piracy Cruz those Akaba boys never start work at all.

I think you should be more concerned with getting the national assembly to pass a bill against bigoted speech than piracy

can you post the exact part of his post that seems bigoted to you?
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Ubaby577: 11:41am On Apr 07, 2015
May Thunder strike you down kunle Afolayan for making such statement, what about the yorubas that were collecting omonile, alaye,and all those stupid payment that people pay unnecessarily, even the lazy fools that were hovering here and there collecting money from market women. May your tongue cleave to mouth if you ever made such utterance again. Ewu Gambia, i na adi ka pirate ebe ahu, anu mpama

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by topazgold: 12:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
My broda i understand ur plight in dis case u address d issues lik a wise one oda dan layin abuses, did u hav a collabo wit oba 2 start layin curses on d igbos, whr is d brotherly love we preach everyday. God help us in dis country cos d hatred is much. Tanks
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by dozai: 12:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
baysol:

The fact remains that the cup of igbos is full with their nonsense all over the place and they want to tell us they are intelligent and hard working. Only to wait for others to work hard and them pounce on the benefit and claim its theirs. Look at the way they voted for irrelevant PDP in the last election now they want to be given senate or house president. Are these people normal at all? I think yorubas have been too mild with this rubbish people for too long, now they want to turn themselves from slave to master. These flat headed tape worms must be shown the door.

If you have not sinned, cast the 1st stone

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by donstevico(m): 12:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
mrsage:

I'm disappointed in you. This is a very careless statement. You lack ignorance
I just said my mind sha........we both know that piracy has helped in many ways ....you can argue that its bad but its still my personal opinion ..
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by AJORE(m): 1:04pm On Apr 07, 2015
urchbarbie:
it's not d ibos fault dat they luv to make ends meet. An ibo man wld gladly die Dan not being able to provide for his family
Not only men ds time around but both men and women.....d sprite is @ hyperlink ma.....like what a friend use to say..( For me not get rich in life....unless if nobody pass my side) ready to do ritual....forget dat those things are temporal...omo U be ibo ni or imo?....Dargrin said sooooo
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
igbsam:
Like seriously ?

Igbos are really pissing people off this days.
Hmm....show some respect man...it a tribe nt a personality.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
AJORE:

Not only men ds time around but both men and women.....d sprite is @ hyperlink ma.....like what a friend use to say..( For me not get rich in life....unless if nobody pass my side) ready to do ritual....forget dat those things are temporal...omo U be ibo ni or imo?....Dargrin said sooooo
Hmm...and where is Dagrin to defend his statement? you guys should respect d Igbos....jxt make your argument clear- some personalities do pirate...shikena.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ubaby577:
May Thunder strike you down kunle Afolayan for making such statement, what about the yorubas that were collecting omonile, alaye,and all those stupid payment that people pay unnecessarily, even the lazy fools that were hovering here and there collecting money from market women. May your tongue cleave to mouth if you ever made such utterance again. Ewu Gambia, i na adi ka pirate ebe ahu, anu mpama
Nwanne gbachi ha nkiti....odizia ka obu nani ndi ibo na eme çopy copy.....nka obuna ha nuru aha ndi ibo egwu eju ha ahu....lol ndi ara.....
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
lastpage:

That same "god of the Igbos" has been Pirated!

if you go to Alaba, you will see the "FAKE' and "original" displayed side-by-side..... Ibo-man will even sell you the Fake-god, costlier! shocked shocked

Nothing spoil, Igbos are synonymous with PIRACY!
Just use google and you will see what it returns! grin grin grin

Lastpage!
Anyways,you mentioned god not God,and Ibos not Igbos,there's difference.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Ladybluecash(f): 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
nerodenero:
I know you are one of those that condemned the Oba for his statement which I support but look at your own unfriendly submission.
i av no biznes wit d oba, i only gat fuss wit ur statement

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Davido And Son, Ifeanyi Adeleke In New Lovely Pictures / Naira Marley: Oracle Invoked On Ruggedman By Youths / Daddy Freeze: My Ex-wife Opeyemi Olarinde Has Run Out Of Country With My Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.