Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). (42639 Views)

Kunle Afolayan On Vacation In London With His Daughters(photos) / Kunle Afolayan And Omotola Jalade Chilling In LA / Kunle Afolayan Blasts Instagram Followers Trying To Correct Him For Taking Shish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Mistaarhlohki(m): 6:43am On Apr 07, 2015
saaedlee:
Piracy sucks....but we all re guilty of this! Quote me and I'll explain

Explain!
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Tymax(m): 6:45am On Apr 07, 2015
Truth is bitter. Who are the pirates in alaba and Onitsha?

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by urchbarbie(f): 7:01am On Apr 07, 2015
AJORE:

U aren't serious @all ask average yoruba man his going tell U he/her mind not just concluding like dat.....some yoru a might prefer hausa bcs of what they are getting from dem but most yoruba prefer igbo ppl....igbo ppl self get their own problem.....all na money.money...nna no dey tire?..everywhere ni china oo, Indonesia.. Tokyo.. Na unna...make nna they soft pedal na
it's not d ibos fault dat they luv to make ends meet. An ibo man wld gladly die Dan not being able to provide for his family
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by AJ01(m): 7:07am On Apr 07, 2015
why is this bastard blaming the igbos na.... this is generalisation... so other tribes aren't involved

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Athanatos(m): 7:07am On Apr 07, 2015
siegfried99:
I have no words for the foolish fools spewing thrash at afolayan

How would u feel spending millions of dollars to make movies and some animals would be somewhere pirating ur work?

Put urself in his shoes.

Though I would have suggested he removed mentioning tribe to avoid tribalism.
We all know what he goes through as a movie producer,but pointing a finger at Igbos was way over the line.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by angelTI(f): 7:07am On Apr 07, 2015
alsudaes1:

even with the term he used in describing your Oba undecided undecided undecided

lai kin se omo ale

lai kin se omo Iran kiran

I was well brought up as a Yoruba lady.

There are some words the elders are not supposed to say!

Watch your tongue mister!

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Phonon: 7:08am On Apr 07, 2015
I truly hope that all the American movies and TV series that Kunle Afolayan watches are all original DVDs. I also hope he does not download pirated software or buys pirated software. I hope so.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by driand(m): 7:15am On Apr 07, 2015
mikelcool:
don't deny his movies are awesome
read my post again and again til you understand what I wrote.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by hotwax: 7:22am On Apr 07, 2015
illiad:
Its like using the term igbo its the trendy thing to do now? Yorubas they fry trouble and this trouble you're frying will consume your generations unborn.

And if I reply this guy. Nairaland will ban me. Whats with selective banning on Nairaland?

seun, kindly name your nairaland stupid private forum. This is not a public forum.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 07, 2015
Damn you Igbo people scum and dregs of Nigeria. Left to me you all should be sent out of Lagos I hate you all when it's time to chase you people out ill be at the fore front bloody roaches you all are

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by howfarwhatagwan: 7:26am On Apr 07, 2015
Sadly but it's true if you have ever been to Alaba you will weep... I remember when I went years back they were selling the CD's for 70 naira
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by hosuji88(m): 7:34am On Apr 07, 2015
[color=#770077][/color] dont worry my platform.... is coming out very soon.....
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by tartar9(m): 7:37am On Apr 07, 2015
everyone is guilty including you kunle,anytime you buy 100 naira music cd or DVD for 150 naira grin
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 07, 2015
Everybody hates the igbo people. Hausas. Yoruba even Niger delta people. A cursed tribe. No wonder the biafra was they were almost annihilated and wiped out

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by bellabae(f): 7:39am On Apr 07, 2015
I'm here to read comments!
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by SurePresident: 7:42am On Apr 07, 2015
Let's all condemn evil so that Nigeria can move forward. Greed, tribalism and hatred for other tribes has eaten too
deep into igbos and it is doing much more arm to them
than they realize. I believe that Nigeria would become a
better country, if only the igbos would stop trying to cheat
other people in order to greedily acquire corrupt wealth.
Put an igbo to head a Govt office, he would ensure that
other tribes that have much better qualifications are never
employed, only igbos. Through 1966 Coup, igbos infected
other tribes with tribalism.

Mykevp2p:
To me, it's not the statement that offend me the most as an Igbo man but those bunch of ezes who were clapping in the video! How low could they go? Your subjects are being threatened and insulted in your presence and all you could do is to clap?

[b]Sincerely, the fact that igbo leaders sucked it in and were humbly clapping for the Oba showed that igbos are naturally cowards that try hard to cover up their cowardice by vain boasting and effort to greedily accumulate money. They didn't find their voice till they got to ndigbo meeting. It reminds me of how Ojuckwu, instead of bravely dying with millions of igbos like all true Heroes that he deceived into being slaughtered, he cowardly dressed like a woman and fled tail between legs from the fiery anger of Benjamin Adekunle the Black Scorpion. Likewise, Ojuckwu never found his voice during Abacha era till democracy returned. People like Wole Shoyinka, the great Abraham Adesabya boldly faced Abacha. Only that Yorubas are not proud, they are much more braver, cleaver and better warriors than igbos. According to the commendation of the white colonial masters on the military performance of the people from tribes enlisted into British army then; they praised the Yorubas as being the most intelligent at developing and implementing disastrously destructive military strategies. This was evident in the fact that Biafra was actually winning the war before the great Awolowo, the ununiformed Generallisimo, stepped in and came to the rescue of Nigerian Military by teaching them the military strategy through which the lingering war was quickly won. In warfare, all is fair that wins the battle.[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 07, 2015
silverdam:
Honestly speaking, Kunle Afolayan is saying the truth and the fact. Even the igbos know this, we all see them, that's their business, piracy business. God heal our land..

Later, you will hear the igbos shouting and screaming they own nollywood, they are the creator of nollywood, they dominate nollywood, yet they are the one killing the same nollywood with high volume of PIRACY.

I love the igbos but they've caused so many troubles, I'm not a tribalist or a bigot but let's face reality, igbos are industrious but they just don't get it. I don't understand them, especially the ones that are not born in Lagos.

Please don't quote me... Just read and break a leg.

Meanwhile vote Ambode for continuity, its not Oba we are voting for. Ambode ni
I'm not a tribalist but.... I'm not racist but.... Then they go ahead and make racist or tribalist comments, most racists and tribalists always insist they have their hated as friends but it doesn't stop them. You're a tribalist man, either accept it and sort yourself out or be in denial and get worse

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by lovely17(m): 7:52am On Apr 07, 2015
saaedlee:
Piracy sucks....but we all re guilty of this! Quote me and I'll explain
explain please
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 07, 2015
So on point cheesy cheesy cheesy
ANAMBRA11:
He is a slowpoke just like his oba,and finally he should tell his oba that no igbo man would drown in the lagoon beacuse another igbo man would be there selliing life jackets

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by shizzleStar: 8:02am On Apr 07, 2015
Abeg what is kunle afo-asagbuo-laya?
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by slq(m): 8:10am On Apr 07, 2015
silverdam:
Honestly speaking, Kunle Afolayan is saying the truth and the fact. Even the igbos know this, we all see them, that's their business, piracy business. God heal our land..

Later, you will hear the igbos shouting and screaming they own nollywood, they are the creator of nollywood, they dominate nollywood, yet they are the one killing the same nollywood with high volume of PIRACY.

I love the igbos but they've caused so many troubles, I'm not a tribalist or a bigot but let's face reality, igbos are industrious but they just don't get it. I don't understand them, especially the ones that are not born in Lagos.

Please don't quote me... Just read and break a leg.

Meanwhile vote Ambode for continuity, its not Oba we are voting for. Ambode ni
....Lol the Igbos actually feel the same thing about u guys.so chill.._ur views only relevant for using water to clean nyansh.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by tartar9(m): 8:13am On Apr 07, 2015
lastpage:

[size=18pt]Eediot, Dont be so sure, that "life jacket" is likely an Ibo-made FAKE![/size] grin grin grin

Lastpage!
lmao

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by slq(m): 8:19am On Apr 07, 2015
balotelli:
Damn you Igbo people scum and dregs of Nigeria. Left to me you all should be sent out of Lagos I hate you all when it's time to chase you people out ill be at the fore front bloody roaches you all are
...ur tribe considered by Igbos as to low to hate on.Sorry man
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by safarigirl(f): 8:33am On Apr 07, 2015
haibe:

your post is like justifying the act of a prostitute simply because they induce men to patronise them.. its all about your integrity; there is no need to pirate another man sweat; it is only in Nigeria I know this isn't taken as a serious offence.. of course when thing get pirated and sold cheap; some people would like it but is it really right? Put yourself in the shoes of the producers that spend their hard earned money to produce. If the igbos and all others who pirate maintain their integrity; no one would be patronising then; they are the once inviting people to do so
if they were arresting people in this country for piracy, then they must arrest everyone.

Do you not download illegally from sites? Is that not part of piracy? Everybody has encouraged piracy one way or the other so for someone to blame a tribe is petty and immature.

There are Chinese movies with Yoruba translation, is it Igbos that pirated those movies as well?

Meanwhile the guy you quoted on the other thread about Petroleum is from Akwa-ibom, he's not Igbo. He clearly stated that but you conveniently missed that part.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by mrsage(m): 8:40am On Apr 07, 2015
donstevico:
I smell FP.......Igbo boys making life easier for Nigerians.... don't get me wrong but I think piracy is a blessing to lower class Nigerians.......who wan buy original film for 1k or go cinema pay above 1k? Na only middle class and upper class fit afford that luxury na

I'm disappointed in you. This is a very careless statement. You lack ignorance
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by haibe(m): 8:42am On Apr 07, 2015
safarigirl:
if they were arresting people in this country for piracy, then they must arrest everyone.

Do you not download illegally from sites? Is that not part of piracy? Everybody has encouraged piracy one way or the other so for someone to blame a tribe is petty and immature.

Human beings are not gods, they get emotional and can be teased to get things they might not even need. The only reason I download music from sites is because they are available there, that's the focal point. If there were no music on that site, everyone would go through the normal route to get it legally. You can't arrest the people buying pirated copy because they did not pirate it, those that pirate it are guilty because they have teased or used the weakness of people to sell their products. It's the same way people buying cloned Samsung galaxy phones made in china cannot be arrested because they were not the one guilty of the offence.

Human beings love to get things free and so it's normal for people to buy the pirated copies. Destroy the foundation and you will see piracy will become a thing of the past.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by creamynuela88: 8:47am On Apr 07, 2015
lastpage:

Did you EVER bought a SINGLE original Film of Kunle Afolayan, in the past?
If "NO". then your loss is not even relevant to him!

Infact, the more of your likes he looses, the less "market" for your Pirate-brothers to sell his pirated film to! grin grin grin

Kunle must be like: Good Riddance to ba Rubbish! grin grin grin

Instead of you peeps to address his grievance, the selfish crowd that you'all are, is only interested in how his statement affects your ego!
Ego that you did not consider when pirating the livelihood of another man!

Lastpage!

U and ur Kunle should go n sit down abeg. Is he d first producer to see is pirated movies? Y does he have to rain curses n abuses to make his point They are better ways to address ur grievances n not portary them like an illiterate... u better advice him better cus d next time he might smell an award... e fit tey oh!
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by akpumping7720(m): 8:51am On Apr 07, 2015
Jaycool18:
we're Not interested in ruling y'all cos we'll soon separate
U will soon! Like seriously, when exactly?
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Rilwayne001: 8:54am On Apr 07, 2015
illiad:
[s] Its like using the term igbo its the trendy thing to do now? Yorubas they fry trouble and this trouble you're frying will consume your generations unborn. [/s]

Have you forgotten that the one your coward forefather (ojukwu) started back then is yet to be treated?
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by safarigirl(f): 9:06am On Apr 07, 2015
haibe:

Human beings are not gods, they get emotional and can be teased to get things they might not even need. The only reason I download music from sites is because they are available there, that's the focal point. If there were no music on that site, everyone would go through the normal route to get it legally. You can't arrest the people buying pirated copy because they did not pirate it, those that pirate it are guilty because they have teased or used the weakness of people to sell their products. It's the same way people buying cloned Samsung galaxy phones made in china cannot be arrested because they were not the one guilty of the offence.

Human beings love to get things free and so it's normal for people to buy the pirated copies. Destroy the foundation and you will see piracy will become a thing of the past.
there is no justification for theft.

If I leave 10,000 naira on a table and you steal it how is it my fault? A mother leaves meat in a pot of soup and a child steals it, is it her fault? Humans can be tempted, but it behoves on everyone to ignore such. If there was no market for piracy, it would never thrive. Don't justify piracy by blaming one side, it takes two to tango.

Speak like an educated person please, you're embarrassing your certificate
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by fippycbk(m): 9:18am On Apr 07, 2015
ANAMBRA11:
He is a slowpoke just like his oba,and finally he should tell his oba that no igbo man would drown in the lagoon beacuse another igbo man would be there selliing life jackets

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Eniola Badmus Shows Off Her Twerking Skills / Tiwa Savage Stuns In Flowered Outfit / Davido Reveals Why Chioma Has Been Off Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.