Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). (42602 Views)

Kunle Afolayan On Vacation In London With His Daughters(photos) / Kunle Afolayan And Omotola Jalade Chilling In LA / Kunle Afolayan Blasts Instagram Followers Trying To Correct Him For Taking Shish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by alsudaes1(m): 10:39pm On Apr 06, 2015
angelTI:

Though I am a full blooded Yoruba lady but this statement is epic! grin grin grin

even with the term he used in describing your Oba undecided undecided undecided

lai kin se omo ale

lai kin se omo Iran kiran
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Adiwana: 10:40pm On Apr 06, 2015
Maybe its time some couple of this issues of tribe affiliated problems are addressed...so far as am concerned,every single tribe in this country makes up Nigeria..that some people came to your land to make a living doesnt mean others are bad
why dont some fools who are tribalists call their family members around the globe to come back and develop Nigeria&make it a place where the whites come to make a living.its either you deal with them being in your land or you shut the Bleep UP!!!!
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by godoluwa(m): 10:40pm On Apr 06, 2015
illiad:
Its like using the term igbo its the trendy thing to do now? Yorubas they fry trouble and this trouble you're frying will consume your generations unborn.
shut up boy! u need nt to generalize it. piracy iz killing movie industry. am in d system & dats y i suspend producing my own movie. both yoruba & igbo r guilty of d piracy bt igbo has upper hand.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Boss13: 10:40pm On Apr 06, 2015
I really do feel his pain but I think nollywood is not ready to address the problem. Maybe they have not being able to come up with solutions. They need to sit down and present their case to the National Assembly. They also no to put naira and kobo to their explanation so that these lawmakers can understand literally what it means.

For now, these film makers are only ranting.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by bobo9ice: 10:40pm On Apr 06, 2015
nerodenero:
There's no ending to the rivalry between yorubas and Igbos.Funny enough,Igbos still prefer yorubas to the Hausas and the Hausas prefer yorubas to the Igbos. The question is, which ethnic group does the yorubas prefer? Bigotry divides us and shouldn't be tolerated. Just like any movie producer, Kunle invest heavily in movie production and his pained seeing his hard-earned job being sold like agege-bread.This matter needs urgent attention.

I prefer the Ndigbos.. We yab one another before considering a fight... But the Abokis Kill first before thinking of yabing.. If they do at all... But historically, Hausas respect your space but the Ndigbos don't... They even wanna grab it from u... U have to shout out before they adjust ..

12 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by andyanders: 10:41pm On Apr 06, 2015
KUNLE IS A COMPLETE MADMAN. Your products will not move anywhere.Are the Igbos the only people involved in pirating of movies? Hunger don dey kill you, madman/
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by slimyem: 10:41pm On Apr 06, 2015
Lol.Dude sounded really pissed.
You sweat all the work and someone else's makes all the money. Not fair.
Should he have addressed piracy and leave out the tribe especially given the events of today? Maybe...but then anger and rationality don't go together.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by ebamma(m): 10:41pm On Apr 06, 2015
manny4life:

Lol... owning your own studio and producing don't mean you're competitive. Ask the munchkin studios (even the 1br) studio, yet, do a Google Search for them type of studios...Lmao, they will tell you how far... Don't hate the player, HATE THE GAME.

Cursing a tribe because of few bad eggs is the height of foolishnesss and bigotry...
few u say, dude, this guys control the piracy industry, the are the manufacturers, the wholesalers and retailers, guy being competitive doesn't mean killing the competition, its means playing by the rules
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by kenny987(f): 10:42pm On Apr 06, 2015
I wonder when all these tribal sentiments and hatred will stop. What is 'tribe' other than what it is said to be? That one was born to a certain 'Atinuke' and 'Olaniyi' means same could just have been easily born to an 'Ngozi' and 'Emeka' or 'Ismail' and 'Rukuayat'. So why do we go so low? Knowing the tension in the political and general environment even in the face of seeming calmness, you would think that certain individuals would be more circumspect. Everyone deserves respect, regard and honour... No one reserves the right to arrogate a supposedly superior status to him/her self or whatever 'tribe' u come from simply by accident of birth! When will we learn? No man is an island...we all need each other, can we all just grow up and above this crap!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by NaMe4: 10:42pm On Apr 06, 2015
grin grin grin

Igbo own don finish o! Na wa!
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by alsudaes1(m): 10:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
holluwai:
Why?
Must everyone go tribalistic?
We are yet to see the last of the daft Oba of Lagos.
I am a Yoruba but I wouldn't support any of these crap!
Tackle issues and not tribilize it!

you guys don't need to tell us you are Yoruba while your utterances depicts otherwise. . .
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by CecyAdrian(f): 10:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
Na waoh ooooo shocked, na only Igbo people waka come these week undecided
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by manny4life(m): 10:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
ebamma:
few u say, dude, this guys control the piracy industry, the are the manufacturers, the wholesalers and retailers, guy being competitive doesn't mean killing the competition, its means playing by the rules

No one is making excuse for Piracy, just don't curse out a tribe like a Yoruba Oba did. He should take his complaint to the appropriate agency. After all, Nollywood has a Piracy Enforcement Unit; yet, piracy is FRAUD. He should report it the EFCC and co. rather than cursing out a group.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by ToyinDipo(m): 10:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
CHANGE cheesy
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Margauxluv(f): 10:46pm On Apr 06, 2015
isan:
The truth is bitter Afolayan just said the truth
Igbo's are 419 and kidnappers

Ambode shuld just come and ban piracy
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by lorRhyMeZ: 10:46pm On Apr 06, 2015
Rilamaka:
Piracy is a big problem for the Nigerian movie industry and we all agree. However Kunle Afolayan, a celebrated film maker has gone on his social media page to vent his frustration as per movie piracy associating it with the Igbos.

As a role model and a well respected filmmaker I found his tweets quite disconcerting. Was it wise to go about piracy in this manner? Blaming the Igbos? Does it mean that Igbos do not pay to watch his movies in cinema? Does that not depict shallow mindedness and bigotry?

Here are his disturbing tweets and some replies. What do you think? Are there better ways to tackle this issue? Did he cross the line?

We know who d shallow minded and bigoted fellow is though..and its definately not kunle afolayan..
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by alsudaes1(m): 10:46pm On Apr 06, 2015
kenny987:
I wonder when all these tribal sentiments and hatred will stop. What is 'tribe' other than what it is said to be? That one was born to a certain 'Atinuke' and 'Olaniyi' means same could just have been easily born to an 'Ngozi' and 'Emeka' or 'Ismail' and 'Rukuayat'. So why do we go so low? Knowing the tension in the political and general environment even in the face of seeming calmness, you would think that certain individuals would be more circumspect. Everyone deserves respect, regard and honour... No one reserves the right to arrogate a supposedly superior status to him/her self or whatever 'tribe' u come from simply by accident of birth! When will we learn? No man is an island...we all need each other, can we all just grow up and above this crap!

well said. . .
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 06, 2015
illiad:
Its like using the term igbo its the trendy thing to do now? Yorubas they fry trouble and this trouble you're frying will consume your generations unborn.

oh Its like ur flesh is made of iron abi or your body of bronze..... Trouble brews erbody suffers it... stop your rubbish brag you ain't all that..... Enof of all this nonsense. .....
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by erico2k2(m): 10:47pm On Apr 06, 2015
Rilamaka:
Piracy is a big problem for the Nigerian movie industry and we all agree. However Kunle Afolayan, a celebrated film maker has gone on his social media page to vent his frustration as per movie piracy associating it with the Igbos.

As a role model and a well respected filmmaker I found his tweets quite disconcerting. Was it wise to go about piracy in this manner? Blaming the Igbos? Does it mean that Igbos do not pay to watch his movies in cinema? Does that not depict shallow mindedness and bigotry?

Here are his disturbing tweets and some replies. What do you think? Are there better ways to tackle this issue? Did he cross the line?
When the very people who buy these CDs and DVDs are his own kinsmen, what more do you expect??
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by mytime24(f): 10:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
isan:
The truth is bitter Afolayan just said the truth
Igbo's are 419 and kidnappers

Ambode shuld just come and ban piracy
common sense is nt common undecided

#O.Y.O
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by AJORE(m): 10:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
illiad:
Don't conclude dat way.....put urself in d same shoe...his saying the truth even igbo ppl sself dey complain..is everybody
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Jaycool18(m): 10:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
nd yet, all this people cursing d igbos have already bought d pirated version

6 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Actjulius: 10:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
As things are now, it seems the Yorubas are now irritating the Igbos. Can this leads to Igbos mass exit from the Yoruba region?
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by ladibright(f): 10:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
illiad:
no mind dem, igbo ds, igbo dat.. *i no be igbo she neither am i yoruba grin
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Jaycool18(m): 10:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
themodernman:

You must be an Igbo man for you not to know who d Yorubas prefer....its d Hausas ofcourse dats wby we've been ruling y'all since time immeorial cos nobody likes

y'all Igbos...not even yourselves!!!!
we're Not interested in ruling y'all cos we'll soon separate

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by chuckdee4(m): 10:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
Will someone tell this tribalist bigot that Yorubas also pirate movies too
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by cirmuell(m): 10:53pm On Apr 06, 2015
floragregs:
He didn't have to mention any tribe! We don't go about talking about how dirty they are, do we?
4 your mind now you self don comment be that shey? undecided mtcheew
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Bhella5(m): 10:53pm On Apr 06, 2015
donstevico:
I smell FP.......Igbo boys making life easier for Nigerians.... don't get me wrong but I think piracy is a blessing to lower class Nigerians.......who wan buy original film for 1k or go cinema pay above 1k? Na only middle class and upper class fit afford that luxury na
Seconded!
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by siegfried99(m): 10:55pm On Apr 06, 2015
I have no words for the foolish fools spewing thrash at afolayan

How would u feel spending millions of dollars to make movies and some animals would be somewhere pirating ur work?

Put urself in his shoes.

Though I would have suggested he removed mentioning tribe to avoid tribalism.

5 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by AJORE(m): 10:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
themodernman:

You must be an Igbo man for you not to know who d Yorubas prefer....its d Hausas ofcourse dats wby we've been ruling y'all since time immeorial cos nobody likes

y'all Igbos...not even yourselves!!!!
U aren't serious @all ask average yoruba man his going tell U he/her mind not just concluding like dat.....some yoru a might prefer hausa bcs of what they are getting from dem but most yoruba prefer igbo ppl....igbo ppl self get their own problem.....all na money.money...nna no dey tire?..everywhere ni china oo, Indonesia.. Tokyo.. Na unna...make nna they soft pedal na

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Davido And Son, Ifeanyi Adeleke In New Lovely Pictures / Naira Marley: Oracle Invoked On Ruggedman By Youths / Daddy Freeze: My Ex-wife Opeyemi Olarinde Has Run Out Of Country With My Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.