Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,442 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). (42645 Views)

Kunle Afolayan On Vacation In London With His Daughters(photos) / Kunle Afolayan And Omotola Jalade Chilling In LA / Kunle Afolayan Blasts Instagram Followers Trying To Correct Him For Taking Shish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by safarigirl(f): 12:01am On Apr 07, 2015
emiye:
The pent up emotions of people being pushed to the wall and reaching the "enough is enough phase is really close". Let no one make mistake, if the ibos will not shape up, they will suffer a backlash in Lagos soonest. Someone close to me switched from initially planning to vote Agbaje to Ambode after hearing of the brouhaha from the Oba today, and gaining insight in to what the avg. ibo man sees as to supporting PDP.

How will it feel in the ears of Obi of Onitsha, if many yorubas living in the town start to make statements like Onitsha is no ones land.?

Live and let live. Yorubas are typically liberal, but must never be underestimated, more and more SW lagosians are seeing through the mind of an average Ibo lagosian. Why an average yorubaman sees a ibo man occupying political position within lag as no biggie, the conventional ibo man sees it as a domination or conquest.
my friend shut your trap.

Are you originally a Lagosian? An Igbo man has as much rights in Lagos as an Ekiti man or a Ogun man. The biggest noisemakers in Lagos are the non-Lagosians.

Stop threatening fire and brimstone, you can do nothing. Every tribe resides in Abuja, they all contest for seats here, most land owners are non-indigenes as well and I don't see Gbagyi people bytchin' about it, but Yorubas always have to make noise even in minute things

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 07, 2015
May the God of Igbos judge all of you, old fooooools,little thing you start calling the igbos!!

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 07, 2015
Justfollowit:

Not languages but cast undecided

Have you also forgotten that so far he has written most of his movies himself if he wanted nothing to do with it he would have minimised his introduction of Igbos or anything associated with them in his scripts

Film making for the Afolayans wouldn't be just business. Their father was one of the pioneer of films in Nigeria. The Afolayans' mums were mostly actresses hence it is kinda of a family legacy to them.

He also made mentioned that his marketer is an Igbo man and I am damn sure he is not the only Igbo working with him.

That was why I believed that he is not a tribalist undecided

Now what about your own experience?
Lol , you underestimate the business man that Kunle is. He is as good if not better than his Igbo counterparts. I am suspicious of the timing of this his Twitter rant sef. He has certainly become trending news.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by clovislouis(m): 12:04am On Apr 07, 2015
ChristineC:

OMG hahahahahahahahahahaha cool cool cool cool
what's up
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 07, 2015
idprincess:
Lol , you underestimate the business man that Kunle is. He is as good if not better than his Igbo counterparts. I am suspicious of the timing of this his Twitter rant sef. He has certainly become trending news.

I know he is a very good business man, he was in the fiels and I have also read about how he source for funds for his projects.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 07, 2015
KUNZEH:

you are a bastard! Oloriburuku irankiran
ur fada

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 07, 2015
Tosinayoko:
igbos are becoming nuisance day by day
I concur with u It started after jona's loss
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by tohero(m): 12:11am On Apr 07, 2015
kakakent:

I wanted to ignore ur post but towards d ending I changed my mind stop trying to defend dat guy he z mischievious he could have made his claim while leaving igbos out of it simple piracy z not abt dubbing discs guy aw many times have u personally bought 100 naira discs see if u dnt buy den pirated discs won't sell even most nigerians dat av never bought any music album in 3 yrs either from itunes or even d pirated ones in d mkt still download d full albums free online from blogspots z dat not the height of piracy? come here dey insult a whole tribe dey speak english

Like I said, I felt his pain doesn't mean I am defending him.

You said he could have made his claim leaving the word 'igbo' out of it. Yea! You are right, I agree to that probably because of the lack of word usage of the OBA which has cause conflict among the masses. But on a normal day, I see nothing wrong with that.

With a logical mind, let us ask ourselves, why should you pirate a set of movies and not others? When 'others' are related in one way to you?
If everything had been pirated, that would be something else.

Get my point, these set of yoruba actors/directors spends a lot of money on films and yet they couldn't make what ought to be made as profit in their own land because some set of people from another tribe is hindering them.
Ask yourself, Do you expect them to make high sales in the eastern part of the country?

How will one feels if one oyinbo comes here and started oppressing us?

This is a law driven state and all immigrants needs to abide by the laws of the land.

We may all be guilty of patronising this stofs but if they could stop this piracy of a thing WE GO STILL SURVIVE! I lie?

May God let us reap the gain of our intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 07, 2015
silverdam:
Honestly speaking, Kunle Afolayan is saying the truth and the fact. Even the igbos know this, we all see them, that's their business, piracy business. God heal our land..

Later, you will hear the igbos shouting and screaming they own nollywood, they are the creator of nollywood, they dominate nollywood, yet they are the one killing the same nollywood with high volume of PIRACY.

I love the igbos but they've caused so many troubles, I'm not a tribalist or a bigot but let's face reality, igbos are industrious but they just don't get it. I don't understand them, especially the ones that are not born in Lagos.

Please don't quote me... Just read and break a leg.

Meanwhile vote Ambode for continuity, its not Oba we are voting for. Ambode ni
pray hard not to leave your home town cos if you do the same way that you treat the visitor or sojourner that is in your land,will be exactly how you would be treated,chickena!! Igbo this,igbos that ah ah!!!

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 07, 2015
bobo9ice:

I prefer the Ndigbos.. We yab one another before considering a fight... But the Abokis Kill first before thinking of yabing.. If they do at all... But historically, Hausas respect your space but the Ndigbos don't... They even wanna grab it from u... U have to shout out before they adjust ..
a typical example when I hear Lagos z no mans land.later u will start hearing it their 100th generations dat owns it.they should just try d@ 1 in kano.after using dem 4 suya den dey can start a dialogue...does dat act b4 thinking

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by magicfingers009: 12:12am On Apr 07, 2015
holluwai:
Why?
Must everyone go tribalistic?
We are yet to see the last of the daft Oba of Lagos.
I am a Yoruba but I wouldn't support any of these crap!
Tackle issues and not tribilize it!
You must be a Bastäärd for calling a Monarch Daft. You are obviously Ill mannered and uncultured. You had a terrible unbringing and I doubt if your folks tried their best in bringing u up in the right way.

You are disgrace.

3 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by themodernman: 12:13am On Apr 07, 2015
Jaycool18:
It's a different case scenario this time

Ehyah. Cow wey person follow talk wey no wan hear if hinlike make hin go America hin go come back as Corn-beef

Dog wey no hear hin master whistle go end up for Calabar woman pot.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 07, 2015
magicfingers009:

You must be a Bastäärd for calling a Monarch Daft. You are obviously Ill mannered and uncultured. You had a terrible unbringing and I doubt if your folks tried their best in bringing u up in the right way.

You are disgrace.
those are the kind of yorubas who has ibos as tenants buh end up selling d house to them and become tenants. 2 type of yorubas in Lagos the agberos and d disciplined Yoruba
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by macof(m): 12:16am On Apr 07, 2015
madridguy:
It is right time the Federal government will address this issue..I think the government need to implement a stiffer law to curb the piracy....I think our government need to apply some chinese law in some aspect here...I remember a piracy lord " King Of Piracy " boasting a while ago that no one can arrest him as his doing is normal business..I hope our government can set up a plan to support our film-maker so that they can compete with their counterpart across the globe....

Vote apc
Vote ambode

Apc have no agenda for the entertainment sector
PDP had but were not allowed to implement by APC
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by magicfingers009: 12:23am On Apr 07, 2015
siegfried99:
I have no words for the foolish fools spewing thrash at afolayan

How would u feel spending millions of dollars to make movies and some animals would be somewhere pirating ur work?

Put urself in his shoes.

Though I would have suggested he removed mentioning tribe to avoid tribalism.

Nonetheless we all know the culprit tribe involved. We need the 'name calling' so everyone go hold hin side. Enough for this illegality they call 'industrous'. Smuggling contrabands, fake drugs, piracy and they say they are industrious. This is sickening.

4 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by holluwai(m): 12:24am On Apr 07, 2015
Your generations from start till finish, including you and your parents and your sublings are basturds! You better don't patronize me, if the ill manner monarch is your relative then you better talk to him. Koni ye awon to won poh ee sile bi imi(shyt). It's a clear indication that your parents raised you around quarrels and disputes in all these face me I slap you environment.

magicfingers009:

You are disgrace.

2 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 12:30am On Apr 07, 2015
[quote author=Rilamaka post=32421060]Piracy is a big problem for the Nigerian movie industry and we all agree. However Kunle Afolayan, a celebrated film maker has gone on his social media page to vent his frustration as per movie piracy associating it with the Igbos.

As a role model and a well respected filmmaker I found his tweets quite disconcerting. Was it wise to go about piracy in this manner? Blaming the Igbos? Does it mean that Igbos do not pay to watch his movies in cinema? Does that not depict shallow mindedness and bigotry?

Here are his disturbing tweets and some replies. What do you think? Are there better ways to tackle this issue? Did he cross the line?
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by magicfingers009: 12:30am On Apr 07, 2015
holluwai:
Your generations from start till finish, including you and your parents and your sublings are basturds! You better don't patronize me, if the ill manner monarch is your relative then you better talk to him. Koni ye awon to won poh ee sile bi imi(shyt). It's a clear indication that your parents raised you around quarrels and disputes in all these face me I slap you environment.

You are obviously an unplanned product probably from a one night stand. Alaye baje. Ori e buru. Omo ale. O o ni sorire. Your generation is already cursed. You know this cos you've messed with an alayeluwa. I need not place further curses on your generations. But quote me one more time and meet your doom. Omo ale.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by lastpage: 12:34am On Apr 07, 2015
ANAMBRA11:
He is a slowpoke just like his oba,and finally he should tell his oba that no igbo man would drown in the lagoon beacuse another igbo man would be there selliing life jackets

[size=18pt]Eediot, Dont be so sure, that "life jacket" is likely an Ibo-made FAKE![/size] grin grin grin

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by holluwai(m): 12:37am On Apr 07, 2015
Go and just die! I know your likes, you eat from the dirt the so called alayeluwa spew so what do I expect from you? Non-sense!! I will quote you as many times as it requires you bloody nitwit!
You and your lowlife eccentric monarch can do nothing but open your foul mouth and say bullshyt. Eyin ebi ashiere!

magicfingers009:

You are obviously an unplanned product probably from a one night stand. Alaye baje. Ori e buru. Omo ale. O o ni sorire. Your generation is already cursed. You know this cos you've messed with an alayeluwa. I need not place further curses on your generations. But quote me one more time and meet your doom. Omo ale.

2 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by lastpage: 12:43am On Apr 07, 2015
Rilamaka:
Piracy is a big problem for the Nigerian movie industry and we all agree. However Kunle Afolayan, a celebrated film maker has gone on his social media page to vent his frustration as per movie piracy associating it with the Igbos.

As a role model and a well respected filmmaker I found his tweets quite disconcerting. Was it wise to go about piracy in this manner? Blaming the Igbos? Does it mean that Igbos do not pay to watch his movies in cinema? Does that not depict shallow mindedness and bigotry?

Here are his disturbing tweets and some replies. What do you think? Are there better ways to tackle this issue? Did he cross the line?

The real question is: Is it really tru that majority of Film Pirates in Ebinpejo lane, Up-Iweka, Alaba, Aspamda, e.t.c are IGBOS?
If YES, how can we re-orientate these get-rich-quick Igbos?
Why should IGBOS destroy the 'sweat and livelihood' of someone else, just because you want to make money at all cost?

Igbos dont address their problems but are quick to shout marginalisation!

if an Igbo man is caught and sentenced to death for carrying DRUGS in malaysia, the only thing you will here Igbo say is that "our Govt is not helping us, how can they kill us in Malaysia"! shocked

God, why did you "bless" the world with this people sef?

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by jimi4us: 12:43am On Apr 07, 2015
if an OBA can show us his toutness how much more you guys. #toutingistheirbirthright
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by creamynuela88: 12:43am On Apr 07, 2015
safarigirl:
Sad

Is it only Igbos that pirate the movies? Isn't it human beings that buy these pirated copies? Do his Yoruba brothers not patronize these pirates as well? If there were no markets for them, would piracy thrive?

Is he the first producer to have his movies pirated? Many have come before him and even a primary 6 student knows that piracy is one of the things every movie producer will have to face in Nigeria so if that's what Kunle is bytchin' about then he's apparently not as smart as he seems.

When AY had this issue, he didn't go about cursing tribes.....shows how daft Kunle is. He forgets that those movies he makes require sponsors. Getting sponsors will be harder now with this comment especially as he'll be losing a great number of Igbo fans

He just lost me... anything Kun" talk more of Afo" il never bother seeing it!!! he has just fell from d high level I placed him.. well it's not his fault shaa it's what AMVCA caused... if he didn't collect any award he wldnt b ranting. Forgetting those that voted him. Or those he knw any tribe that watches movies more than d igbos?

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Octaves(m): 12:46am On Apr 07, 2015
So Yoruba ppl no dey sell pirated films or they no dey follow do pirated films. Yoruba people, make una leave us, no be we kill una ancestors, una hear?
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by lastpage: 12:49am On Apr 07, 2015
dayflower:
May the God of Igbos judge all of you, old fooooools,little thing you start calling the igbos!!

That same "god of the Igbos" has been Pirated!

if you go to Alaba, you will see the "FAKE' and "original" displayed side-by-side..... Ibo-man will even sell you the Fake-god, costlier! shocked shocked

Nothing spoil, Igbos are synonymous with PIRACY!
Just use google and you will see what it returns! grin grin grin

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by lastpage: 12:53am On Apr 07, 2015
creamynuela88:

He just lost me... anything Kun" talk more of Afo" il never bother seeing it!!! he has just fell from d high level I placed him.. well it's not his fault shaa it's what AMVCA caused... if he didn't collect any award he wldnt b ranting. Forgetting those that voted him. Or those he knw any tribe that watches movies more than d igbos?

Did you EVER bought a SINGLE original Film of Kunle Afolayan, in the past?
If "NO". then your loss is not even relevant to him!

Infact, the more of your likes he looses, the less "market" for your Pirate-brothers to sell his pirated film to! grin grin grin

Kunle must be like: Good Riddance to ba Rubbish! grin grin grin

Instead of you peeps to address his grievance, the selfish crowd that you'all are, is only interested in how his statement affects your ego!
Ego that you did not consider when pirating the livelihood of another man!

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by scholes0(m): 1:00am On Apr 07, 2015
nerodenero:
There's no ending to the rivalry between yorubas and Igbos.Funny enough,Igbos still prefer yorubas to the Hausas and the Hausas prefer yorubas to the Igbos. The question is, which ethnic group does the yorubas prefer? Bigotry divides us and shouldn't be tolerated. Just like any movie producer, Kunle invest heavily in movie production and his pained seeing his hard-earned job being sold like agege-bread.This matter needs urgent attention.

Yorubas are the Middlemen of Nigeria
Neither here nor there....
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by trojanhorse: 1:35am On Apr 07, 2015
Frankmishael:
whe know his religion

useless 72 Virgins believer

just imagine this world without them + oba of Lagos =peace

Rip Kenyans 147
igbo bigot,ur religion of gay
leaders and child molesters, go back to your erosion ridden biafra, your people cause so much problem to our yoruba nation,psychopath bigot, your new president is a 72 virgins beleiver, deal with it or go and die.shameless bigot. omo ale

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 1:44am On Apr 07, 2015
trojanhorse:
igbo bigot,ur religion of gay
leaders and child molesters, go back to your erosion ridden biafra, your people cause so much problem to our yoruba nation,psychopath bigot, your new president is a 72 virgins beleiver, deal with it or go and die.shameless bigot. omo ale
may u die of hunger

I'm an edo Man.

the first king of ur ancestor is from Benin

I'm your king and u r my servant fool

2 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by NobleG1(m): 1:51am On Apr 07, 2015
That's what yorubas do- always blaming the Igbos for their own demise while Hausas are busy screwing and r*aping them from behind.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Chuxomire(m): 1:58am On Apr 07, 2015
Before now, i really respected & held this man in high esteem but with these myopic utterances of his, all that has been dashed. I personally thought he was well more matured & educated than this. In as much as i don't condone piracy in any form, it was very immature of him to condescend to this cheap tribal finger pointing. Kunle Afolayan Why?
Re: Kunle Afolayan Blasts Igbos - Blames Them For Piracy. (screengrabs Included). by Nobody: 2:09am On Apr 07, 2015
igbsam:
Like seriously ?

Igbos are really pissing people off this days.
Dirty illiterate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Chinko Ekun Turns Truck Pusher After YBNL Exit [PICS] / Tuface & Annie Idibia Spotted At A Party Last Night: Video / Osas Ighodaro Hugs And Hypes Kehinde Bankole Who Lost AMVCA Best Actress To Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.