Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,762 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech (67336 Views)

I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos / “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech / Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Nobody: 3:00am On Apr 07, 2015
sauceny:
Hit like if you feel the oba is barking like a toothless dog.

Hit share if you feel the oba was suffering from a Juvenile delinquency.

Quote me if you feel the oba has to be thrown into the lagoon 1st.

1 Like

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by nextstep(m): 3:05am On Apr 07, 2015
What's so sad is how easily he can say that to people who have also worked so hard to make Lagos what it is. Even if the threat is not real, as they say... "Out of the abundance of the heart speaks the mouth" and this makes me feel that, indeed, no matter what, no matter how long we've lived in harmony, or how much we've contributed, we remain unwanted guests.

nzeadachie:
WHO IS HIM? WHICH PROBLEM? MARK MY WORD THE MAN WILL DIE IF HE TRY ANY NONSENSE

1 Like

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by NobleG1(m): 3:05am On Apr 07, 2015
The st*upid hatred yorubas have for Ndigbo is pure evil. We Igbos are supposed to be angry with yorubas and hausas for killing millions of Ndigbo during the civil war (they instigated). Destroyed and stole Igbo properties. Ndigbo lost everything and yet rebuilt everything from scratch by themselves in a short time without Nigeria's help. Ndigbo's progressive spirit is unmatchable.

Igbo being the most forgiving, prosperous and toughest ethnic group in Africa, forgave these ingrates. We even have them as friends, dine with them, drink with them, marry with them, work with them, do business with them, work with them politically (despite insults) and yet yoruba's evil hatred for Ndigbo persists!

The other time it was Abiola (Ndigbo heavily voted for this guy) who st*upidly stated he could win without the Igbos, then hausas screwed, imprisoned and killed him off. Last year or so, Fashola (someone Ndigbo heavily voted for to be governor) foolishly "deported" Igbos in their own country. Now it's this Oba or whatever he called himself, is threatening Igbos to vote for the APC governorship aspirant or risk dying in the lagoon. Is this i*diot a traditional leader or an a*ss thug? Does this fool think Yoruba will survive in war with Ndigbo?

These are just few of the numerous insults meted out on Ndigbo. Nigeria is a total mess and shame today, inflation, no security, lack of basic amenities, dilapidated infrastructures, corruption-riddled government institutions and many more damages caused by the obvious inept leadership and massive corrupt practices by Hausas and Yorubas. For decades they sidelined Ndigbo from the realms of leadership in this country and yet they demonstrated they can't lead.

7 Likes

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Nobody: 3:05am On Apr 07, 2015
Chukwugekwu:
Oba Akiolu you will face the anger of God soon. .....

He already swore for himself should they vote for Agbaje
Let them vote Agbaje so he can go ahead and perish in the water
Only God knows how many people he killed and ate as a policeman
Na life e dey live so?
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by cococandy(f): 3:09am On Apr 07, 2015
babyosisi:

He already swore for himself should they vote for Agbaje
Let them vote Agbaje so he can go ahead and perish in the water
Only God knows how many people he killed and ate as a policeman
I still don't grasp what their hatred for agbaje is. Is he not a Yoruba man like them? Or is it only because he's PDP?
So they believe no Yoruba man will vote agbaje. I laugh in Chinese. When did PDP turn to Igbo party?

2 Likes

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Nobody: 3:12am On Apr 07, 2015
cococandy:
I still don't grasp what their hatred for agbaje is. Is he not a Yoruba man like them? Or is it only because he's PDP?
So they believe no Yoruba man will vote agbaje. I laugh in Chinese. When did PDP turn to Igbo party?

The oba is a useless man
Just two months ago he had his tongue up Jonathan's rectum
These so called traditional rulers will say anything to put food on the table
Ambode is merely a continuation of the Ra,pe of Lagos
U no wan make e chop?
He probably has 4 wives, 44 concubines and 120 almajiris to fend for

6 Likes

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by nzeadachie: 3:18am On Apr 07, 2015
babyosisi:

The oba is a useless man
U no wan make e chop?
THE MAN IS A USELESS MAN FOR SURE, HE THINKS THAT IGBOS WILL FEAR HIM, LET HIM COME UP WITH ANY NONSENSE
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by cococandy(f): 3:21am On Apr 07, 2015
babyosisi:

The oba is a useless man
U no wan make e chop?
he's more than useless. His foolishness is not surprising to me. I don't really expect better than that from such an imbecilic fellow.

What's more shocking is the number of supporters he has on this forum alone chanting "death to the Igbos"
Later they will pretend like they like one Nigeria.
Well anyway like fathers like sons.

Highly disappointed.

3 Likes

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Nobody: 3:24am On Apr 07, 2015
nzeadachie:
THE MAN IS A USELESS MAN FOR SURE, HE THINKS THAT IGBOS WILL FEAR HIM, LET HIM COME UP WITH ANY NONSENSE

Our people give birth and name a child igboamaeze
He should look up that meaning
We have never run a feudal system
There is no oba anywhere making laws in Nigeria,I hope he knows exactly where he is
Maybe that is how he rules his household,outside of his household he can't make anyone do anything
The era he could command anyone is long gone and the people his ancestors commanded were his fellow yorubas not Igbos

1 Like

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Nobody: 3:28am On Apr 07, 2015
So if Igbos vote for God, are we saying Yorubas would vote for the Devil? According to the Oba, I guess that would be the case.

We can't be that tribalistic, can we?

To everyone free of tribalism, may God bless you and keep you strong.

To those stuck in hatred for whatever reason, may God heal your hearts.
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Nobody: 3:30am On Apr 07, 2015
cococandy:
he's more than useless. His foolishness is not surprising to me. I don't really expect better than that from such an imbecilic fellow.

What's more shocking is the number of supporters he has on this forum alone chanting "death to the Igbos"
Later they will pretend like they like one Nigeria.
Well anyway like fathers like sons.

Highly disappointed.

This is why I make no pretense when I say trust them at your own peril
They have always been backstabbers
It's their default setting
Every nigerian knows that anyway,I am not saying anything new
Lamido Sanusi put it nicely in his piece about the problem with Nigeria, everyone who hasn't should find it and read it,it's a thought provoking piece

The agbero came out with a disclaimer forgetting journalists were there and he was being recorded
If a man can be this eediotic on camera ,imagine what he's like behind closed doors
If they dig around the palace they may find rotten bodies of missing Lagosians
People,who rubbed him the wrong way

2 Likes

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Osas11: 3:46am On Apr 07, 2015
oba should go and sit down, is agbaje an ibo man ? what make him feel jk will not perform more than ambo, he is afraid because they will not see money to share again.
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by 14DUI(m): 3:51am On Apr 07, 2015
In as much as I don't support what the Oba said, the Igbo people need to learn to respect those in authority, the statement is taken in literal meaning and I don't need to tell them what it mean and in the context the Oba is using those statement.

Learn to make your statement and leave, don't insult the king and you have no right to do so, let us be civilize in our disagreement.

All the rant over this issue will severed the already fragile relationship between the Yorubas and igbos not only in Lagos but the entire southwest.

Is it an abomination for the Oba to apologize even if you feel what he said is not ok, king remains king, the insult going around town will not do well for us all.

If you want to vote for Just Kidding, go ahead, I even urge all registered Igbos in Lagos to vote PDP so we can all know their support base and population so we know how many they are.

Just on a last note, Whatever the outcome of the election come Saturday, things in Lagos will never be same again, Igbos have all to loose, and if you think otherwise, wait and see.
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Nobody: 3:52am On Apr 07, 2015
This is the article I speak of

Yorubas are the Problem with Nigeria – By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi

Via Elombah.com. Wed, 05/27/2009 – 11:01

By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the Prospective Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria

In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude.

i. The Yoruba elite and area-boy politics;
ii. Igbo marginalisation and the responsible limits of retribution; and
iii. The Yoruba Factor and “Area-boy” Politics.

My views on the Yoruba political leadership have been thoroughly articulated in some of my writings, prime among which was ” Afenifere: Syllabus of Errors” published by This Day (The Sunday Newspaper) on Sept 27, 1998. There was also an earlier publication in the weekly Trust entitled ” The Igbo, the Yoruba and History” (Aug. 21, 1998).
In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude.
The Yoruba elite were the first, in 1962, to attempt a violent overthrow of an elected government in this country. In 1966, it was the violence in the West which provided an avenue for the putsch of 15th January. After Chief Awolowo lost to Shagari in 1983 elections, it was the discontent and bad publicity in the South-West which led to the Buhari intervention.
When Buhari jailed UPN governors like Ige and Onabanjo, the South-Western press castigated that good government and provided the right mood for IBB to take over power. As soon as IBB cleared UPN governors of charges against them in a politically motivated retrial, he became the darling of the South-West. When IBB annulled the primaries in which Adamu Ciroma and Shehu Yar Adua emerged as presidential candidates in the NRC and SDP, he was hailed by the South-West. When the same man annulled the June 12, 1993 elections in which Abiola was the front-runner, the South-West now became defenders of democracy.

When it seemed Sani Abacha was sympathetic to Abiola, the South-West supported his take-over. He was in fact invited by a prominent NADECO member to take over in a published letter shortly before the event. Even though Abiola had won the elections in the North, the North was blamed for its annulment. When Abdulsalam Abubakar started his transition, the Yoruba political leadership through NADECO presented a memorandum on a Government of National Unity that showed complete disrespect for the intelligence and liberties of other Nigerians.
Subsequently, they formed a tribal party which failed to meet minimum requirements for registration, but was registered all the same to avoid the violence that was bound to follow non-registration, given the area-boy mentality of South-West politicians. Having rejected an Obasanjo candidacy and challenged the election as a fraud in court, we now find a leading member of the AD in the government, a daughter of an Afenifere leader as Minister of State, and Awolowo´s daughter as Ambassador, all appointed by a man who won the election through fraud.

Meanwhile, nothing has been negotiated for the children of Abiola, the focus of Yoruba political activity. In return for these favours, the AD solidly voted for Evan Enwerem as Senate President. This is a man who participated in the two-million- man March for Abacha´s self-succession. He also is reputed to have hosted a meeting of governors during IBB´s transition, demanding that June 12 elections should never be de-annulled and threatening that the East would go to war if this was done. When Ibrahim Salisu Buhari was accused of swearing to a false affidavit, the Yoruba political elite correctly took up the gauntlet for his resignation.

When an AD governor, Bola Tinubu, swears to a false affidavit that he attended an Ivy League University which he did not attend, we hear excuses.

For so many years, the Yoruba have inundated this country with stories of being marginalised and of a civil service dominated by northerners through quota system. The Federal Character Commission has recently released a report which shows that the South-West accounts for 27.8% of civil servants in the range GL08 to GL14 and a full 29.5% of GL 15 and above. One zone out of six zones controls a full 30% of the civil service leaving the other five zones to share the remaining 70%. We find the same story in the economy, in academia, in parastatals.

Yet in spite of being so dominant, the Yoruba complained and complained of marginalization. Of recent, in recognition of the trauma which hit the South-West after June 12, the rest of the country forced everyone out of the race to ensure that a South-Westerner emerged, often against the best advice of political activists.

Instead of leading a path of reconciliation and strong appreciation, the Yoruba have embarked on short-sighted triumphalism, threatening other “nationalities” that they ( who after all lost the election) will protect Obasanjo ( who was forced on them). No less a person than Bola Ige has made such utterances.

To further show that they were in charge, they led a cult into the Hausa area of Sagamu, murdered a Hausa woman and nothing happened. In the violence that followed, they killed several Hausa residents, with Yoruba leaders like Segun Osoba, reminding Nigerians of the need to respect the culture of their host communities. This would have continued were it not for the people of Kano who showed that they could also create their own Oro who would only be appeased through the shedding of innocent Yoruba blood.

I say all this, to support Balarabe Musa´s statement, that the greatest problem to nation-building in Nigeria are the Yoruba Bourgeoisie. I say this also to underscore my point that until they change this attitude, no conference can solve the problems of Nigeria. We cannot move forward if the leadership of one of the largest ethnic groups continues to operate, not like statesmen, but like common area boys.

iii.The Igbo Factor and the Reasonable Limits of Retribution.

The Igbo people of Nigeria have made a mark in the history of this nation. They led the first successful military coup which eliminated the Military and Political leaders of other regions while letting off Igbo leaders. Nwafor Orizu, then Senate President, in consultation with President Azikiwe, subverted the constitution and handed over power to Aguiyi-Ironsi. Subsequent developments, including attempts at humiliating other peoples, led to the counter-coup and later the civil war. The Igbos themselves must acknowledge that they have a large part of the blame for shattering the unity of this country.

Having said that, this nation must realise that Igbos have more than paid for their foolishness. They have been defeated in war, rendered paupers by monetary policy fiat, their properties declared abandoned and confiscated, kept out of strategic public sector appointments and deprived of public services. The rest of the country forced them to remain in Nigeria and has continued to deny them equity.

The Northern Bourgeoisie and the Yoruba Bourgeoisie have conspired to keep the Igbo out of the scheme of things. In the recent transition when the Igbo solidly supported the PDP in the hope of an Ekwueme presidency, the North and South-West treated this as a Biafra agenda. Every rule set for the primaries, every gentleman´s agreement was set aside to ensure that Obasanjo, not Ekwueme emerged as the candidate. Things went as far as getting the Federal Government to hurriedly gazette a pardon. Now, with this government, the marginalistion of the Igbo is more complete than ever before. The Igbos have taken all these quietly because, they reason, they brought it upon themselves. But the nation is sitting on a time-bomb.

After the First World War, the victors treated Germany with the same contempt Nigeria is treating Igbos. Two decades later, there was a Second World War, far costlier than the first. Germany was again defeated, but this time, they won a more honourable peace. Our present political leaders have no sense of History. There is a new Igbo man, who was not born in 1966 and neither knows nor cares about Nzeogwu and Ojukwu. There are Igbo men on the street who were never Biafrans. They were born Nigerians, are Nigerians, but suffer because of actions of earlier generations. They will soon decide that it is better to fight their own war, and may be find an honourable peace, than to remain in this contemptible state in perpetuity.

The Northern Bourgeoisie and the Yoruba Bourgeoisie have exacted their pound of flesh from the Igbos. For one Sardauna, one Tafawa Balewa, one Akintola and one Okotie-Eboh, hundreds of thousands have died and suffered.

If this issue is not addressed immediately, no conference will solve Nigeria´s problems.

By Sanusi Lamido SanusiBeing Excerpts from A Paper Presented At The “National Conference On The 1999 Constitution” Jointly Organised By The Network For Justice And The Vision Trust Foundation, At The Arewa House, Kaduna From 11th –12th September, 1999.

Read the full essay here:

http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/Essays/BalaUsman/Sanusi_Restruct uring.html

3 Likes

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Uniqueempress(f): 3:53am On Apr 07, 2015
REALODUA:
igbo don't know nigeria politics, we Yoruba hold our respected obas in high esteem, I mean respected ones not the jona dollars one, oba of Lagos is the real definition of first class oba. Mark my words, watch ibo obis and politicians come beg him in days. igbos can't joke with their shops this oba is fighting for his unborn generation just before you make a mess of Lagos like your aba and onisha.
SHUT UP...BITTER TRIBALISTIC SOUL.

2 Likes

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Ilekeh(f): 3:54am On Apr 07, 2015
24 more hours to go.

#Ultimatum

By next week, e go die down again.
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Nobody: 3:57am On Apr 07, 2015
14DUI:
In as much as I don't support what the Oba said, the Igbo people need to learn to respect those in authority, the statement is taken in literal meaning and I don't need to tell them what it mean and in the context the Oba is using those statement.

Learn to make your statement and leave, don't insult the king and you have no right to do so, let us be civilize in our disagreement.

All the rant over this issue will severed the already fragile relationship between the Yorubas and igbos not only in Lagos but the entire southwest.

Is it an abomination for the Oba to apologize even if you feel what he said is not ok, king remains king, the insult going around town will not do well for us all.

If you want to vote for Just Kidding, go ahead, I even urge all registered Igbos in Lagos to vote PDP so we can all know their support base and population so we know how many they are.

Just on a last note, Whatever the outcome of the election come Saturday, things in Lagos will never be same again, Igbos have all to loose, and if you think otherwise, wait and see.

Not when you make a motor park tout an oba
He deserves no respect
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by adorable29(f): 3:59am On Apr 07, 2015
No wonder I respect the OBA OF BENIN! That is a wise, peaceful, educated and knowledgeable Oba! He can never be partisan! His position is too sacred for him to be.

He blesses all candidates but insist and reiterates that they do not create anarchy and blood shed in the land with their political pursuits. That he will not tolerate! His Royal majesty settles disputes and gives advices to all who seeks his counsel. Oba gha to kpeye! Ise!

But some other Oba is the one spurring for unnecessary bitterness and war and laying curses on people in his land because of his selfish political interest and some little cash! This is just sad and demeaning of his Royal status.

But wait o! By extension, If you are yoruba and vote for Jimi, you will also be thrown in the Lagoon for going against the Oba's handpicked politician !

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Uniqueempress(f): 4:00am On Apr 07, 2015
Ayatullah:
MAJORITY OF IBOS ARE GREEDY AND UNGRATEFUL!
The Oba of Lagos should be commended for putting the ungrateful Ibos where they belong. I have not seen a group of wicked, greedy and ungrateful group of people.

Indeed is it possible for any ethnic national to enjoy in Ibo land what the Ibos are enjoying in Lagos?

They always complain of being marginalised, yet they dominate a lot in many spheres of economic activity across Nigeria.

El-Rufai as the FCT Minister then confirmed the Ibos has the largest plot of land in the FCT.

Give the Ibos a chance they will want to dominate, yet they will keep complaining of being dominated.

Kudos to the Oba of Lagos, he is indeed a Great Yoruba Leader of our time.

Long live the king!
have you gone to the east and told them you wanted to buy land and they refused to sell to you?
Fool!

4 Likes

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Ilekeh(f): 4:01am On Apr 07, 2015
adorable29:
No wonder I respect the OBA OF BENIN! That is a wise, peaceful, educated and knowledgeable Oba! He can never be partisan! His position is too sacred for him to be.
He blesses all candidates but insist and reiterates that they do not create anarchy and blood shed in the land with their political pursuits. That he will not tolerate! His Royal majesty settles disputes and gives advices to all who seeks his counsel. Oba gha to kpeye! Ise!
But some other Oba is the ones spurring for unnecessary bitterness and war and laying curses on people in his land because of their selfish. political standing!
But wait o! By extension, If you are yoruba and vote for JK, you will also be thrown in the Lagoon for going against the Oba's handpicked politician !

Benin you say?

What till you guys start disrespecting Benins on Benin land and you'll see a tiger bare its claws.
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by cococandy(f): 4:09am On Apr 07, 2015
babyosisi:

This is why I make no pretense when I say trust them at your own peril
They have always been backstabbers
It's their default setting
Every nigerian knows that anyway,I am not saying anything new
Lamido Sanusi put it nicely in his piece about the problem with Nigeria, everyone who hasn't should find it and read it,it's a thought provoking piece

The agbero came out with a disclaimer forgetting journalists were there and he was being recorded
If a man can be this eediotic on camera ,imagine what he's like behind closed doors
If they dig around the palace they may find rotten bodies of missing Lagosians
People,who rubbed him the wrong way
I'm just hard pressed to believe all of them hate igbos. I have Some good friends and I mean really good friends who are Yorubas and two good Hausa friends too. the hausa guys are males and one of them I can say is almost greatest human being I've ever met.

I don't know where these hateful species come from.
Everybody on everybody's neck because of tribe.

Leave the igbos they hate to go kwanu they no gree.

2 Likes

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Nobody: 4:10am On Apr 07, 2015

Ayatullah:
MAJORITY OF IBOS ARE GREEDY AND UNGRATEFUL!
The Oba of Lagos should be commended for putting the ungrateful Ibos where they belong. I have not seen a group of wicked, greedy and ungrateful group of people.

Indeed is it possible for any ethnic national to enjoy in Ibo land what the Ibos are enjoying in Lagos?

They always complain of being marginalised, yet they dominate a lot in many spheres of economic activity across Nigeria.

El-Rufai as the FCT Minister then confirmed the Ibos has the largest plot of land in the FCT.

Give the Ibos a chance they will want to dominate, yet they will keep complaining of being dominated.

Kudos to the Oba of Lagos, he is indeed a Great Yoruba Leader of our time.

Long live the king!

The only group angry that Igbos are hard workers are Yorubas,it is pathetic
So what if my people own most of the real estate in Abuja
Get off your lazy behind and ask how it is done instead of hating
You can't live in a one room and throw lavish owanbe and close the street at your every fart and expect to have money to purchase real estate.
Common sense 101
If you are serious people will show you the ropes
The ijebus that are the industrious yorubas know how it is done
Go learn from them instead of hating

My younger brother fresh out of college,first job in an oil company,didn't run out to live in a mansion or take the hotel accommodation he was given ,he instead took the housing allowance and pocketed it
He didn't throw owanbe or impregnate 5 girls and do naming ceremonies for 5 kids
He lived in a small one room like a man that drank his mother's milk ,took public transport and by end of that year bought plots of land at the age of 22
That is how to be a man

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by TolaniLuv: 4:13am On Apr 07, 2015
Oba Rilwan. You are a very big fool. Na God go punish u sir!!
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by cococandy(f): 4:18am On Apr 07, 2015
babyosisi:
This is the article I speak of

I didn't know this man can be honest like this. Great read.
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by 14DUI(m): 4:19am On Apr 07, 2015
babyosisi:

Not when you make a motor park tout an oba
He deserves no respect

Like I posted earlier, let learn to make our point without resulting to abuse, I hope you know the weight of your statement, I don't condone unruly statement and behavior especially if you talk to my king in that manner. If the statement was not taken literally, why can't the Igbo representatives object what the Oba said when they were there instead of laughing and clapping.
They are making fuse of it when they reach their brethren. Pls refrain yourself from those statement young lady.
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by adorable29(f): 4:20am On Apr 07, 2015
Ilekeh:

Benin you say?

What till you guys start disrespecting Benins on Benin land and you'll see a tiger bare its claws.

Hav you asked yourself why always Lagos? Is Lagos the only South western state? Lagos was built to its enviable state by ALL Nigerians! Especially with our oyel money. If not for Nigeria, lagos would not be better than Oyo or Osun. Now what EXACTLY has those igbo guys done to you! Is it a crime to be a hustler, hardworking and successful anywhere you find yourself. All over social media, you insult them and they ofcourse insult you back. So who gave you the right to be "the pained one"?

Concerning the topic at hand, this is a typical example of the yorubas being the first to strike. When the igbo strike back, they start yelling "insult". Some of una too like quarrel and raking.

Nigerians should just let this people be. You will not allow them be president, yet you won't leave them alone. Its annoying.

Am Proudly NigerDeltan by the way.

3 Likes

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by cococandy(f): 4:20am On Apr 07, 2015
I assume that's why ijebus are hated too.

babyosisi:

The only group angry that Igbos are hard workers are Yorubas,it is pathetic
So what if my people own most of the real estate in Abuja
Get off your lazy behind and ask how it is done instead of hating
You can't live in a one room and throw lavish owanbe and close the street at your every fart and expect to have money to purchase real estate.
Common sense 101
If you are serious people will show you the ropes
The ijebus that are the industrious yorubas know how it is done
Go learn from them instead of hating

My younger brother fresh out of college,first job in an oil company,didn't run out to live in a mansion
He didn't throw owanbe or impregnate 5 girls and do naming ceremonies for 5 kids
He lived in a small one room like a man that drank his mother's milk ,took public transport and by end of that year bought plots of land at the age of 22
That is how to be a man

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by cococandy(f): 4:22am On Apr 07, 2015
14DUI:

Like I posted earlier, let learn to make our point without resulting to abuse, I hope you know the weight of your statement, I don't condone unruly statement and behavior especially if you talk to my king in that manner. If the statement was not taken literally, why can't the Igbo representatives object what the Oba said when they were there instead of laughing and clapping.
They are making fuse of it when they reach their brethren. Pls refrain yourself from those statement young lady.
cheesy grin what are you going to do? Die for your king? Orisirisi.

What of our kings that have been insulted by your king?
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Nobody: 4:23am On Apr 07, 2015
14DUI:

You saw a man full of rage and you expect them to oppose him in his palace and end up in a shallow grave in his backyard?
Never heard of Okoro sense?
They had to laugh it off and call him Kabiyesi
Haven't you read the bible where David had to play the harp to calm down the demons of king saul
Same thing

5 Likes

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by 14DUI(m): 4:26am On Apr 07, 2015
TolaniLuv:
Oba Rilwan. You are a very big fool. Na God go punish u sir!!

If I have to go by your moniker, I belief you are Yoruba and you have the got to type those statement. Pls withdraw them cos you don't know who is reading and pls learn to be civil on social media my brother, Ma je ki won fi ori ade she epe fun e.
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Nobody: 4:26am On Apr 07, 2015
cococandy:
I assume that's why ijebus are hated too.

That is why the other Yoruba sub tribes hate the ijebus and make up stories about them too
They hate hard workers
It makes them feel bad about themselves
Incidentally I have found out most yorubas I bond with are usually ijebus
Whenever you see a successful Yoruba ,they are likely to be ijebu or have a parent that is
They're quite different
Laziness is not in their bones
Very ambitious people just like Igbos
Just like an Igbo man will proudly tell you he is Igbo,ijebus will proudly identify themselves as ijebu
I heard from an ijebu friend that just like some igbos believe they have ancestry in Israel,ijebus also believe so
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Ilekeh(f): 4:29am On Apr 07, 2015
adorable29:

Hav you asked yourself why always Lagos? Is Lagos the only South western state? Lagos was built to its enviable state by ALL Nigerians! Especially with our oyel money. If not for Nigeria, lagos would not be better than Oyo or Osun. Now what EXACTLY has those igbo guys done to you! All over social media, you insult them and they ofcourse insult you back. So who gave you the right to be "the pained one"?

Concerning the topic at hand, this is a typical example of the yorubas being the first to strike. When the igbo strike back, they start yelling "insult". Some of una too like quarrel and raking.

Nigerians should just let this people be. You will not allow them be president, yet you won't leave them alone. Its annoying.

Am Proudly NigerDeltan by the way.

It's always Lagos because that's where you find the largest density of Igbos outside of Igboland and it's where Igbos are allowed to disrespect their host without consequence. Same cannot be tried in the North or SS. Yorubas and Igbos also have simmering tension between them.

In this case, I do not agree with the oba, however, the Yorubas could support Igbos and could have reprimanded the king will stay quiet because you guys are disrespecting their king/culture. You're only harboring hate. I promise you that Igbos will not win in this case. Instead of giving an ultimatum, Ohaneze should have visited the king. There are ways to correct mistakes and disrespect is not one of them.

Remember the deportation of non-indegine Igbos in Abia and Lagos. Why were igbos also got deported in Igboland? What is the correlation?

@adorable29

ND you say?

I agree with making Lagos a no man's land as long as the oil in ND belongs to all Nigerian. Then the likes of ND millitants will be no more. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Obiano Visits Houses Destroyed By Flood In The Rain (Photos) / Naira Rains At Hanan Buhari’s Wedding Party / Folashade Tinubu’s Age.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.