Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Igbo Vs Yoruba. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Vs Yoruba. (5435 Views)

Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook / Igbo Vs Yoruba In DSS Custody / Igbo VS Yoruba: EgusiSoup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba. by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:09am On Apr 07, 2015
Oba Akiolu spoke out of line for a king. A noble mind should address issues with wisdom. However, one can sense his desperation in these sensitive times, and no king of any kingdom (even the Igbo kings) wouldn't have done likewise or even worse.

Yorubas have an adage that says awolumate o mowon ara re meaning a stranger who doesn't enter into trouble in a strange land, knows and respects his bounds. This is why you'll never hear of yorubas defiance in another land.

The igbos regarding Lagos as no man's land is a terrible insult on the royalty of Lagos. This is what yorubas will never do in Anambra or Abia

I am of the opinion that the Igbo should thread very carefully, no matter what you say, Lagos is the Yoruba's - and if things get too heated up we will know who owns the land. Yoruba have been tagged the most cowardly in Nigeria, this isn't true when war finally starts. You can ask the hausas in sagamu what happened in 1999.

Even jimi agbaje needs to watch it dearly not to be exile.

All I'm saying to the mature Igbo minds is that these monarchs are much more than you think. They appease the gods of their lands with so much for tranquility, they can also invoke certain disastrous events. Don't start crying when your markets starts going up flames or your people start getting missing

YOU CAN NEVER WIN THE WAR WITH ANOTHER MAN ON HIS OWN LAND

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba. by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 07, 2015
Maser:
Stop this nonesense thread! What is this meant to achieve? Hate? and this OP created this as a platform for the two sides to abuse themselves. OP is really silly. We should learn to promote love in this country and not hate.
We have terrorist amongs us but we are too blind to notice until things get out of hand. If only this people promoting hate can come to the north east and get first hand testimonies, maybe they would excuse their hearts and start using their heads.
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba. by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:
I hope your cocoa for workers salaries are ready

grin

And who told u that natural resources are nt found in d West? Do u knw abt offshore oil? Do u knw Ondo state is a part of niger delta, black brain?
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba. by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 07, 2015
GlorifiedTunde:
Oba Akiolu spoke out of line for a king. A noble mind should address issues with wisdom. However, one can sense his desperation in these sensitive times, and no king of any kingdom (even the Igbo kings) wouldn't have done likewise or even worse.

Yorubas have an adage that says awolumate o mowon ara re meaning a stranger who doesn't enter into trouble in a strange land, knows and respects his bounds. This is why you'll never hear of yorubas defiance in another land.

The igbos regarding Lagos as no man's land is a terrible insult on the royalty of Lagos. This is what yorubas will never do in Anambra or Abia

I am of the opinion that the Igbo should thread very carefully, no matter what you say, Lagos is the Yoruba's - and if things get too heated up we will know who owns the land. Yoruba have been tagged the most cowardly in Nigeria, this isn't true when war finally starts. You can ask the hausas in sagamu what happened in 1999.

Even jimi agbaje needs to watch it dearly not to be exile.

All I'm saying to the mature Igbo minds is that these monarchs are much more than you think. They appease the gods of their lands with so much for tranquility, they can also invoke certain disastrous events. Don't start crying when your markets starts going up flames or your people start getting missing

YOU CAN NEVER WIN THE WAR WITH ANOTHER MAN ON HIS OWN LAND
U are wiser ahead of ur days. Those Osu castes wil regret seeing Lagos as a no-man's-land.
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba. by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 07, 2015
padeolu:
Nigeria won't divide, if that is your wish. Its you and your ilk that have to reorientated yourselves.

Should Nigeria divide as you wish, trust me, Igbo will surfer real bad for it.
before the advent of oil,we had coal,limestone and palm oil
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba. by Samirana360(m): 10:08am On Apr 07, 2015
padeolu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCLKm8UZCcU

Please see that video and tell me who the real cowards are. While Oga Akiolu was raining curse on ur kinsmen, they were there laughing and clapping. Does that mean they are retarded or they didn't comprehend what he was saying? You can't threaten a man on his own soil, even though Akiolu was wrong to have cursed your kinsmen, it's still out of line to threaten him or his people.
What could they hav done? They ar laughin at ur useless and senseless oba:::::....he can open his dirty mouth and say anytin coz dat's his own land.....let him com 2 onitsha and do such tin.....u wil find his corpse floatin in river niger.....cowards!!!as if u dnt knw
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba. by Samirana360(m): 10:39am On Apr 07, 2015
otemanuduno:
i

That's why they have opc and agbero boys. Gone are the days when your shouts can hold ground. Now that is a thing of the past. No be by muscles nowadays o. Igbo people are in trouble as usual should another civil war break up.
Guy i've stayed in ur land 4 more dan ten years now;;; ur opc and d so called agbero boys ar stil bunch of cowards.....they only threaten people and collect their money....criminals....u can stil drive them away with a serious shout on their head...
lagos wil be taken away 4rm u if war starts...quote me
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba. by Rilwayne001: 10:48am On Apr 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:

grin

We own the niger delta oil tongue

long live Nigeria
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba. by padeolu: 1:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
Samirana360:

What could they hav done? They ar laughin at ur useless and senseless oba:::::....he can open his dirty mouth and say anytin coz dat's his own land.....let him com 2 onitsha and do such tin.....u wil find his corpse floatin in river niger.....cowards!!!as if u dnt knw
That's the point, its his land, he can say and do as he likes. Although that doesn't justify his outburst. Then again, his point is loud and clear, "what others can't do in Onistsha and Aba, don't do it in another mans' land.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba. by otemanuduno: 4:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
Samirana360:

Guy i've stayed in ur land 4 more dan ten years now;;; ur opc and d so called agbero boys ar stil bunch of cowards.....they only threaten people and collect their money....criminals....u can stil drive them away with a serious shout on their head...
lagos wil be taken away 4rm u if war starts...quote me

Lol. Who wants to fight the war, you? Guy when we are talking about war, it isn't something me and you will be fighting. We can only be doing war of words while the soldiers do the real war. Buhari will soon be there at the top, war starts, Tinubu will arrange soldiers to flush ya a.ss out of Lagos just like Yakubu Gowon did for you some years back. Then you will know that Khaki is not leather. Igbo can only do giragira and fight with walking stick. We fight war with guns, not with walking stick right?

Keep silent and pray war shouldn't happen. Stubborn people don't always win war.
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 07, 2015
ManMountain:
Ibos on self destruction course in SW,once it starts in Lagos, it spreads. I pity yiboess grin
Ibadan is close by so all the ibos in Bodija better watch out cool
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
BlackTechnology:

grin

Show me an ibo man that owns an oil bloc and i'll show you the house Jesus lived in.
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba. by Samirana360(m): 5:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
otemanuduno:

Lol. Who wants to fight the war, you? Guy when we are talking about war, it isn't something me and you will be fighting. We can only be doing war of words while the soldiers do the real war. Buhari will soon be there at the top, war starts, Tinubu will arrange soldiers to flush ya a.ss out of Lagos just like Yakubu Gowon did for you some years back. Then you will know that Khaki is not leather. Igbo can only do giragira and fight with walking stick. We fight war with guns, not with walking stick right?

Keep silent and pray war shouldn't happen. Stubborn people don't always win war.
Tinubu? Now i knw how bias u ar
Re: Igbo Vs Yoruba. by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 10, 2015
All dz Yorubas shouting war war, should know dat d igbo's are in lagos not enugu or ph, if d war starts d battlefield wud be Lagos, it's there d destructions wud take place, there re so many things in Lagos that re worth bombing, so if u ppl want to walk dat path ok. U ediots have forgotten how u ppl were taunting us abt Black scorpion Benjamin Adekunle, abt how he killed dz person, raped dz person, go and blame him and Awo, u ppl brought us back so y re u complaining me sef I want to Adekunle my own yoruba women in Lagos, I even want to Adekunle lekki...lol''' also I am not in support of d attack on Oba Akiolu a king should be respected...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inherited Or Looted: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Net Worth And Properties / Hilarious Photo. When they Saw Buhari Embarking On Another Foreign Trip / Buhari - Chess Strategy - Appoint T.bakare As EFCC Head - Keep Magu As Deputy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.