Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,931 members, 7,814,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? (35252 Views)

Goodnews From The City Of Nnewi And It's Metropolitan Towns! / Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? / Troops Recover Eight More Towns In Yobe, Adamawa. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by moninuola65: 12:42pm On Aug 25, 2017
Igbo were indigenous people that's why
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by amtalkin(f): 12:51pm On Aug 25, 2017
Bekwarra:
I was shocked yesterday when one Edo woman I was talking to said "Igbo people no be better people na".
And you have never heard people talk the same for other tribe?
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by amtalkin(f): 12:58pm On Aug 25, 2017
Igbos love to move around, i wouldn't say the same for other tribe, If you think the Yorubas/ Hausas are accommodating how come they don't stay much in each other's land?
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Prouddevil(m): 1:20pm On Aug 25, 2017
LoveDecay:

ha ha disintegration of Nigeria. Goodluck with that, how can a group of people who cant sit down and speak with one voice profit from the disintegration of Nigeria. It's like comparing a family with a wealthy father with 3 chilidren. These 3 children cant agree about the color the house should be painted talkless of their father's legacy. What do you think will happen when the father dies and lives no will. You think there will be peace, each child will scheme to gain an upper hand. This is the same way , Biafra will look if they seceede - but we know secession is next to impossible in Africa it's against the rules . You need to start a war and probably loss a couple of million lives before anyone looks at you.
Think Sudan.

If we can look back to the source of this yoruba - ibo problem . The ibo people actually started it, the same way the place this country into a spiral of unending coup plots and military rule. The ibo people used to claim the north was there problem and that northerners are killing them or kill them whenever their is a riot . Today, its yoruba land. We hear very little of the north nowadays, I guess the south east has accepted the north actually does have an upper hand against them regardless of their low education levels.

The yoruba people seem to understand that if they do not assert their historical and cultural ownership of Lagos state it will turn into another port-harcourt , where the owners of the land cant even speak out. Again, the east remains bias - they want to live in your land enjoying equal right but they are never willing to grant such benefits to outsiders in their lands. The results of the recent presidential election prooves this.

The results from Lagos prooves that Lagos is the most mordern and tolerant city in Nigera - citing the victory of the ibo aspirants in elections held in Lagos. It's impossible for a yoruba man born and bred in Lagos - even married to an Igbo woman to achieve such a feat.

One may claim that their victory is due to their numbers but we need to sit down and ask ourselves will the ibo people settle down in Lagos and feel so free as to compete in elections held in Lagos with hopes to win. Let's ignore the fact that they ran under the banner of the PDP (which is strongly correlated with their victory).

Ibo land needs to accept that nobody in Nigeria is actually after them but thier guilt of a cessation attempt and Nzoegwu's evils haunt thier conscience whenever they interact politically with other Nigerians. We have forgotten this however, but as long as they support the individuals who continue to fight for this "pipe dream biafra" they will always feel inferior because that is what biafra symbolizes the inferiority of the ibo people in this great country called Nigeria.
Patriot spotted.. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Basic123: 1:51pm On Aug 25, 2017
tonytony208:

Can't you see how thoughtless you sound? So Lagos is not in southwest? You should go back to primary school and learn social studies again. A primary 3pupil cannot be as daft as this.
They are even plenty in ibadan.There are many igbos in ibadan medical school and I'm always surprised when they say that their parents actually reside ibadan.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Basic123: 1:54pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ihuomadinihu:

I can't count the number of times i have told a Yoruba that i don't stay in the SW. I would only equate it to ignorance whenever they think all igbos are in SW. Take away Lagos and what do they have? Sorry,Lagos was built by the multiculturalism in Nigeria,it's no man's land! Igbos built igbo land,no govt can even take credit for that!

yIGBOs way of thinking

A:USA is great
yIGBO like thinker:remove newyork and Los angele,USA
is nothing.

A:UK is great
yIGBO Like thinker:Remove london and Manchester
city,UK is nothing.

A:Japan is great
B:yIGBO like thinker:Remove tokyo japan is nothing.

A:southwest is the most industrialized according to
national statistics.
B:yIGBO like thinker:Remove lagos and ogun,southwest is nothing.

A:yIGBO land is the most industrialized.
yIGBO like thinker:Yes,especially our Anambra.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by rosebowl01(m): 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2017
amtalkin:
Igbos love to move around, i wouldn't say the same for other tribe, If you think the Yorubas/ Hausas are accommodating how come they don't stay much in each other's land?

Actually they do, and a lot. There are so many Hausas in every towns in Yorubaland, and vice versa. The trend is totally different in igboland.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by amtalkin(f): 4:57pm On Aug 28, 2017
rosebowl01:

Actually they do, and a lot. There are so many Hausas in every towns in Yorubaland, and vice versa. The trend is totally different in igboland.
Believe what you want to believe.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by GoldNiagara(m): 5:04pm On Aug 28, 2017
OperationIgrigi:

**grins** The yorubas nd hausas are now in love when one nothern leader arise like Abacha and IBB and starts killing and imprisoning their leaders like Awo, Giwa and MKO, they'll ask Igbo intellectuals like prof Ben Nwabueze and co. to come join them on the streets and dance fuji in the guise of protest as usual. It will be too late by then. Monkeys!

You are senseless! Every thing you have been saying is always devoid of sense
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by GoldNiagara(m): 5:09pm On Aug 28, 2017
moninuola65:
Igbo were indigenous people that's why

Igbo's are tribalistic and clannish and suffer from the worst inferiority complex ever.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by freshest4live: 5:13pm On Aug 28, 2017
Another tribalistic topic.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by GoldNiagara(m): 5:15pm On Aug 28, 2017
dumodust:

Try and leave your region and travel for once... they are like that because westerners don't move out... eastern towns have northerners doing business

But you find them in London, new york , Canada, Kano, kd, south Africa ati bebe lo. So where do you get the idea they don't travel. Sorry ajala.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by rosebowl01(m): 5:50pm On Aug 28, 2017
amtalkin:

Believe what you want to believe.

More like fact!
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by GoldNiagara(m): 6:16pm On Aug 28, 2017
tonytony208:

Is that why you ran away from Aba, the city of dirt, awka, and other poverty ridden towns in igboland? I understand. If your iigbolandis worth living in, you will not he here in the southwest. I mean, it is not easy to live in gully erosion and to be landlocked.

Remembered June 12 , most of my secondary school mates that ran to the east came back looking sickly, emaciated, and unhealthy.

Now tell me who will want to leave west for penury that abound in the east.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by GoldNiagara(m): 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2017
tonytony208:

Is that why you ran away from Aba, the city of dirt, awka, and other poverty ridden towns in igboland? I understand. If your iigbolandis worth living in, you will not he here in the southwest. I mean, it is not easy to live in gully erosion and to be landlocked.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Obaseki: Justice Roland Amaize Faults New NYSC Certificate Issued To Governor / APC Reacts As Uduaghan Dumps Party For PDP / Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.