Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,278 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? (35427 Views)

Goodnews From The City Of Nnewi And It's Metropolitan Towns! / Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? / Troops Recover Eight More Towns In Yobe, Adamawa. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by oikechukwu: 8:58pm On Apr 08, 2015
christopher123:

Ogo don't mind her what we do is brothers yabbing even ika are purest igbo with benin migrants

Kedu ije nna

I'm good. Ke maka gi?
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by zyphr(m): 9:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
italo:
There are more Yorubas/Nigerians in Kenya than there are Kenyans in Yoruba land/Nigeria.

You're saying Kenya supports greener pastures than Yorubaland/Nigeria.

Same goes for Cote d'ivoire.

Come out of your tribal/sentimental cave and think.

Yorubas are no better than any tribe on earth...certainly not Igbos.
There you go again my friend. Would you leave Nigeria for Kenya or cotedevoire if not for an opportunity of a better Living? Or would a sensible Nigerian go to Kenya to earn a meagre living if he has the opportunity of being a millionaire in Nigeria? The term 'greener pasture is subjective and not universal, meaning I might see the opportunity of making millions in Somalia wich is one of the poorest countries in the world, the opportunity is my greener pasture.
Your analogy of Nigerian /Kenya does not hold water except you want us to believe that the igbo man can have as much opportunity(Greener pasture) in his village as in Lagos or any other south Western state.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by italo: 9:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
zyphr:

There you go again my friend. Would you leave Nigeria for Kenya or cotedevoire if not for an opportunity of a better Living? Or would a sensible Nigerian go to Kenya to earn a meagre living if he has the opportunity of being a millionaire in Nigeria? The term 'greener pasture is subjective and not universal, meaning I might see the opportunity of making millions in Somalia wich is one of the poorest countries in the world, the opportunity is my greener pasture.
Your analogy of Nigerian /Kenya does not hold water except you want us to believe that the igbo man can have as much opportunity(Greener pasture) in his village as in Lagos or any other south Western state.

What is your point?
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Ojiofor: 10:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
The bigot op is a learner.Igbo people follow the money where are ever the wicked and vindictive fedral government takes it to since they refuse to invest in our region and we don't care whether the host community is accommodating or not.now tell me with your lying fingers how hausas who kills strangers from time to time are accomodating .If you don't want non indigens in Lagos tell fedral government to relocate all fedral establishments in Lagos.I.e ,MM airport to the East.,the sea port at Apapa and all cooperate organisation hqs and all federal owned agencies and oil companies to the East and watch how migration patern will change automatically.these are the things that makes Lagos attractive and not because of accommodating nature of Yorubas.I have a yoruba woman neighbour who is a manager at CBN here in umuahia she is peacefully and comfortably living with her children without anyone calling them derogatory names like they does in west and north.I know how many deadly riots me and my family survived in kano in 90s before we relocated and yet hausas are considered accomodating and friendly more than igbos.
EGBE KWUO GI NI ISI DIA for talking nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by cy4cent(f): 10:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

Old woman is it why you are not married at 40 ,....looking an Igbo to rescue you undecided undecided undecided undecided

Lol, see this idiot, wisdom is profitable to direct, it's obvious you lack it!!!!

since your indomie brain told you m 40,

Those your useless n uncivilised sisters that are not sociable, ain't they more than 40?

we all know they are always old cargos before they marry

cos they sell them for millions out of their poverty of the mind n pocket
your indomie of a brain is really doing much harm to your life .

CHANGE!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by cy4cent(f): 11:01pm On Apr 08, 2015
Cholls:
my brothers please forgive what ever my igbo brothers has done and vise versal. This is our trying times, in our struggle to become one pple it is not insurmountable. My brothers in the east hear your brothers in the north and west open your heart and accommodate others. Again knw we are the pillars of this country drop your ego. I love you no matter what

Better pikin, you just acted like Gov. Okorocha. They need more of your type in that part of the country.

God bless you, n more effort to your elbow.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by whatup11: 11:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
Iigbo selfish that why. I know igbo who are in govt but never help anyone. You dont expect people you never help to help you. It is like a politician who want me to support him but for several years he was in govt never gave me one contract. Do you think i give aa shit about that person. It is what you give people that they will help you. why did jonathan not win. Because jonatan minister were selfish and selfcentre people who never help their friends in yorubaland. So nobody want to help jonathan too. Even while i could help them to retain power. Since they were to proud to call. Kept quiet. People who need help ask. And if a person never ask me for help. I dont help. That why buhari was declared winner. No single of them ask me for help. Obasanjo that they make noise about have no power to help them. Tinubu has no power too. Anyone who cant call me. Does not need help and will loss
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by asadike(f): 3:41am On Apr 09, 2015
What's all this? This is simply jealousy biko. Is it ndigbo that ask d yorubas not too be daring and adventurous? Are we d ones dat caused una laziness? Or is it not d same yoruba land where women work like donkeys while men go around looking for cheap girls to jolly around with with their wives hard earned money? Did igbos stopped u while attempting to venture into their lands? See, if you guys hate d igbos, then do d needed. After all, when we talk of witch craft and juju, a tribe whose ancestor was thrown down from heaven for praticing same comes to mind.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by ElekeNtioba: 3:46am On Apr 09, 2015
PentiumPro:

Why not just disprove it. Why are you Ibos always living in denial ?

u asked a question and ur bigoted brain provided the answer. Who ar u deceiving?

If you want Igbos to answer ur question then allow dem to.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by kaybams1(m): 7:47am On Apr 09, 2015
oikechukwu:

What is this one saying? You mean the same NBS statistics that's currently being questioned? The one where SW was ranked the most poverty ridden in southern Nigeria in 2003 and years prior of that until your brother took over as the head of NBS and automatically SW jumped up to the least poverty in Nigeria. Are you mad? Out of all Southern region, which one has the highest aljmaries? SW. Even your people came out to beg, emphasis BEG, during Ojukwu burial. A man una despised yet una shamelessly begged during his burial...only poverty ridden community can be that shameless.

Oh while I'm at it, that same NBS ranked Osun as having the highest economy in Nigeria yet reality capult show us that your brother at the head was just writing down anything to make a worthless region look Good knowing it cannot look good in real life.
A supposed "highest" economy yet the said governor came out and told the whole world that the state is BROKE. They have no money to even pay salary talkless feed una. Yet your brother in NBS went and crowned it the "highest economy". I won't be surprised if the guy is from Osun state. Fabrication na una best friend.

One last thing, don't make me laugh on Yoruba so called "brain". It is how una eluded yourself as the "most educated" yet getting beat left and right by SS and SE students. Even an igbo son beat una in that government for a day education competition. The brain una have is one una eat during your cannabalism ritual.

And you don't work hard, you people don't work at all. That's why una have the highest number of agberos in Nigeria. That so called part dealer is feeding his family with his hardworking while a common yoruba is laying about waiting for when the government would pay them to be thugs for election. Brain ko, brain ni

Dude go to school. Your ignorance is baffling.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by anigbajumo(m): 8:02am On Apr 09, 2015
asadike:
What's all this? This is simply jealousy biko. Is it ndigbo that ask d yorubas not too be daring and adventurous? Are we d ones dat caused una laziness? Or is it not d same yoruba land where women work like donkeys while men go around looking for cheap girls to jolly around with with their wives hard earned money? Did igbos stopped u while attempting to venture into their lands? See, if you guys hate d igbos, then do d needed. After all, when we talk of witch craft and juju, a tribe whose ancestor was thrown down from heaven for praticing same comes to mind.
babe,calm down.....
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by refreshrate: 8:09am On Apr 09, 2015
PointB:

So why are you complaining about owning land in Igboland. If you can't afford it, stop whining! By the way, what the big deal about 'Access Bank' shares. In fact what's the big deal about bank shares?

You should read between the lines poster works with access bank. Target was set for them. If he doesn't meet up hes out da door. Any staff of access bank you meet now na only dis dem share matter dem dey peddle its become tiresome talking to them.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by refreshrate: 8:17am On Apr 09, 2015
StunningCEO:
Igbos.... grin......always beating chest n lieing.....yiboe built lagos...but not true...Igbos only started coming to lagos like forty yrs ago.........even after ijaws......n...urhobos etc........ grin....

anoda lie is Igbos r industrous people but truth be told....in the formal sectors...yoruba dominate...banking, multinationals, plcs...telecoms....media.....you onli see Igbos in informal sectors like prostitution...illegal drugs..kidnapping....spare parts.....ok they try in nollywood...but Igbos know how to lie to demselves...they even start believing their lies....already some Igbos r claming they won d civil war..... grin

dis is the reason why......a 12 yr old yiboe boy is already planning hot to run from yiboeland to Oshogbo n sell gala on d street....after...he will tell u that he is d landlord in Oshogbo... grin

Now compare the above listed to the agberos walking around aimlessly, heaven forbid your car breaks down on third mainland at night. When the people who come to 'assist' you arrive what tribe are they?

Now beat your chest with pride whilst raising your shoulders high and all your teeth sparkling saying these are your kith & kin and you couldn't be more proud.
Seriously selling gala in traffic or parts in ladipo is honest work ever heard the phrase dignity in labor? Dont allow sentiments cloud your reasoning guy we're in the 21st century. Tribalism is so jurassic.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by dapsonlou(m): 9:15am On Apr 09, 2015
OperationIgrigi:

**grins** Dayo, We've read about yorubaland, where Ijebus look down upon osogbo and other beggarly yoruba sub-set(even shymexx here on NL believes Ijebus are superior yorubas to other ragtag subset). Many other yorubas consider Ijebus stingy and greedy and won't even marry them. Many Ijebus even prefer Igbos) Modakeke people are still at loggerheads with Ife people. The general yoruba tribe are confused about who's greater between Oni of Ife and Alafin of Oyo. Ife people no gree for Oyo and vice versa. Many yorubas despise yorubas in kwara and call them afonja (betrayers). Many yoruba christians will prefer marrying Igbo christians than marry yoruba muslims. The list goes on. E full internet. Yarn me more. **LOLS**

Ooni of Ice is the head of all the Obas in Yoruba land. To be the Kind of Ife that means your Oduduas Blood line. Only 4 families in IFe are direct decent. All the other Oba where choosen none are Bloodline. Ife is a Legacy
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by dapsonlou(m): 9:41am On Apr 09, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Because our region was abandoned by FG

Let's encourage resource control and you will see if other Nigerians wont troop enmass to our great land cool

Please Which resources do you have? The Oil is in South not East, I don't know of any Oil wells in Igbo land. For your Information There is Oil in Ekiti and Lagos.

When is Buhari probing Tinubu and OBJ grin
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by dapsonlou(m): 9:43am On Apr 09, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Because our region was abandoned by FG

Let's encourage resource control and you will see if other Nigerians wont troop enmass to our great land

When is Buhari probing Tinubu and OBJ grin

Please Which resources do you have? The Oil is in South not East, I don't know of any Oil wells in Igbo land. For your Information There is Oil in Ekiti and Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by italo: 10:05am On Apr 09, 2015
dapsonlou:
Igbos always claim Yorubas are dirty, that's because most Igbos live in the Getto .. Working hard in Lagos and sending all your money back to your Village. Only the Enlighten ones realize that Yorubas are Good people and Get himself a Decent accommodation or even build a house in Lagos. when all the Yorubas you know are poor, you can not use that to Judge

Guy...poverty has nothing to do with cleanliness.

A pig is a pig.

Note that I'm not here to prove that Igbos are better than Yorubas. I'm here to show that believing that one tribe is better than the other is a stupid thing.

Yes they have their strong points and downsides.

When it comes to Yorubas and dirtiness...let's not go there. lol

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by asadike(f): 10:57am On Apr 09, 2015
anigbajumo:
babe,calm down.....
am so sorry my love.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by biafransoul: 11:19am On Apr 09, 2015
gmyguy:
lol...you don't know your pipu...when i was serving in Kaboji town in Niger state...i paid a visit to Mashegu...one of the most desolate settlements...linear settlement...the type we saw on maps during geography class...No gsm network, among other godforsaken reasons not to be there. But the only modern thing there was an ibo man's shop...with computer, printer and photocopying machine. People camee from kms away to patronise this guy. And you are here saying Ibo no dey 4 bush...They are even under the sea
gmyguy:
lol...you don't know your pipu...when i was serving in Kaboji town in Niger state...i paid a visit to Mashegu...one of the most desolate settlements...linear settlement...the type we saw on maps during geography class...No gsm network, among other godforsaken reasons not to be there. But the only modern thing there was an ibo man's shop...with computer, printer and photocopying machine. People camee from kms away to patronise this guy. And you are here saying Ibo no dey 4 bush...They are even under the sea
gmyguy:

Lol....@ they are even under the sea. You guys no go kill me with laughter on nairaland
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by ZionJay(m): 1:05pm On Apr 09, 2015
agabaI23:
I think it has to do with one or more of the following reasons
1. The Igbos are naturally very competitive and non-Igbos feel they can't survive the fierce competition among Igbos in their land. This is also the reason why you hardly see other people venturing into any trade the Igbos are populated in...computer village, ladipo etc
2. While Igbos will apply and get admission to Universities in other locations on merit, people from other location either do not attempt to apply or do not make the cut in Universities in Igbo land. This is due to their competitiveness too.
3. Igbo land has been neglected federal wise but you cannot look down on them considering that all the towns are less than 40 years old and locally developed
4. A bit of intimidation could be a reason. Remember the complaints that the Igbos were everywhere before the war, heading every department in the civil service by merit which drew the ire of other ethnic groups. This was one of the major reasons for the war.
Facts
5. Igbos are very accommodating because they prefer strangers to their brothers. They prefer to communicate with stranger in the strangers language than their own
6. Igbos will prefer to speak English even to their brothers let alone when a non-igbo is there. No other ethnic group do this in Nigeria

Finally, we are all Nigerians irrespective of tribal differences. Let's live together.

While I may want to agree with some of your points,they are however riddled with lies.Stark lies!
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by agabaI23(m): 1:23pm On Apr 09, 2015
ZionJay:

While I may want to agree with some of your points,they are however riddled with lies.Stark lies!
that's fine. Your opinion which you are rightly entitled to. Peace!
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by newpisces: 1:26pm On Apr 09, 2015
I take it that you have never lived outside of your ibo domain. You don't know what you are talking about

ArodeTsolaye:

Segun Adewole, Igbos do not live in yorubaland. Have you ever seen an Igbo man in muddy Osun forest?. Igbos go to lagos where oil money from eastern states like Imo, Abia, Rivers, Delta was used to develop. Igbos do not live in mud houses. They can't survive in your mud-built yorubaland.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by anigbajumo(m): 3:30pm On Apr 09, 2015
asadike:
am so sorry my love.
yes dear
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by mercyville: 4:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
Basically because Ibos are cannibals.90% percent of Ibos are documented cannibals.......And another reason which I learnt from an easterner-IBO-is because they have a multitude of AMOSUN there......
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 09, 2015
tonytony208:

Stop wining like a faulty ceiling fan here. How many Yoruba's are residing in igboland
? They are very few because you pple are not accommodating. So, any Yoruba that vie for elective position will surely fail because it is in the blood of Igbo's to vote based on ethnic sentiment. Lagos was developed by federal government money especially from cocoa. If you don't want anyone to claim omo onile over your land, then carry your money to alaigbo and go and buy land on your gully erosion there.

yoruba do not go to the se because of lack of opportunity there.
we will rather travel out of the contry than go to the SE.
have u seen what they contribute to the national coffers?
their land is cursed, hence, they run away from it.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 09, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

Segun Adewole, Igbos do not live in yorubaland. Have you ever seen an Igbo man in muddy Osun forest?. Igbos go to lagos where oil money from eastern states like Imo, Abia, Rivers, Delta was used to develop. Igbos do not live in mud houses. They can't survive in your mud-built yorubaland.

You lie. I was Mia, a remote village in Bauchi State recently. I was surprised to see Igbos setting up businesses there. Also, go to Uhiele village in Ekpoma, Edo state and see Igbos living in mud houses. Their children even speak the indigenous language even more than the locals. The Igbos are everywhere. The igbos are mostly hostile to non-indegenes.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by italo: 10:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
Teejizzle:

yoruba do not go to the se because of lack of opportunity there.
we will rather travel out of the contry than go to the SE.
have u seen what they contribute to the national coffers?
their land is cursed, hence, they run away from it.

So since Nigerians travel to Europe more than Europeans come here, Nigeria is cursed?

Get a brain!
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by italo: 10:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
lexio:

You lie. I was Mia, a remote village in Bauchi State recently. I was surprised to see Igbos setting up businesses there. Also, go to Uhiele village in Ekpoma, Edo state and see Igbos living in mud houses. Their children even speak the indigenous language even more than the locals. The Igbos are everywhere. The igbos are mostly hostile to non-indegenes.

One example of such hostility?
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by italo: 10:17pm On Apr 09, 2015
mercyville:
Basically because Ibos are cannibals.90% percent of Ibos are documented cannibals.......And another reason which I learnt from an easterner-IBO-is because they have a multitude of AMOSUN there......
Mention just one Igbo who is a "documented cannibal."

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack Mbieri Police Station In Imo, Kidnap Policeman, Free Suspects / Nigeria's Sokoto Student Killing Sparks Spread Of Fake News - BBC / Mr Macaroni Threatened For Not Supporting A Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.