Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? (35248 Views)

Goodnews From The City Of Nnewi And It's Metropolitan Towns! / Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? / Troops Recover Eight More Towns In Yobe, Adamawa. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by tonytony208(m): 11:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
PointB:

Fair enough!
So stop complaining. We'll continue to enjoy the best of two worlds! wink

So, how you doing, animal in human skin?
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by tonytony208(m): 11:42pm On Apr 09, 2015
italo:

See your small mindedness? You assume I'm Igbo because I'm arguing in their favour so far.

So Oba of Lagos has reached everywhere on earth and if I don't pay your Yoruba Omo oniles, they will prevent me from building a house...

...yet 'Yorubas are accomodating.'

Congrats to Yorubas.

Smh!

Whatever you are doesn't matter. If you dare, don't pay omo onile when they come calling. If Yoruba's are not accommodating, you won't be in the southwest today.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by tonytony208(m): 11:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
oikechukwu:

Abolished? Ha typical Yoruba rewriting. Wetin man no go see from una? Did you even read the article? Your brother was begging for them to get rid of that practice and mind you that article was written in 2009. Knowing Africans, it takes centuries before a popular ritual gets "abolished".

Even the only recorded igbo cannabalism in 21 century had a yoruba sidekick.

Abomination. Only tribe in Nigeria still practicing yet again another backward, primitive ritual. Una backwardness knows no bounds.

Ha ha ha Amazing.

And yet you are still residing in the southwest? Curse be on you then!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by tonytony208(m): 11:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
oikechukwu:

Awww he finally resulted to painment. Ewwooooooooo e dey pain you? Heya.
And spare us your superstory, we all know the amount of igbo in other SW states is extremely rare. Like we asked who wants to live in poverty, underdeveloped tout filled land? Dem craze.
Ha I'm guessing you weren't aware there are Igbos currently voted in lagos assembly. We currently don't care about una governorship, none of the contender are igbo so this year obe no concern us. The one wey concern us are already in your assembly ha ha NTO!!!!! This sat ppl are going to vote just cause they wanna test una gra gra, not because they give a f2k. If lagoon no swallow each igbo that votes for JK, Shebi we go know una gra gra is your usual loud mouthing. Anyway, like I said. By the time igbos are done with una, Emir of illorin would be proud we don replicate am. Now you can cry me a river and flood up your lands somemore.

Is that why you ran away from Aba, the city of dirt, awka, and other poverty ridden towns in igboland? I understand. If your iigbolandis worth living in, you will not he here in the southwest. I mean, it is not easy to live in gully erosion and to be landlocked.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by tonytony208(m): 11:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
BiafranPrince:

Why not come claim the one in Abia, Imo and Anambra.

If you have it, why are are you not in your aba and mining youroil? What are you still doing in southwest? Must you drown in the lagoon before you know the way to alaigbo?
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by italo: 6:45am On Apr 10, 2015
tonytony208:

Whatever you are doesn't matter. If you dare, don't pay omo onile when they come calling. If Yoruba's are not accommodating, you won't be in the southwest today.

If Igbos are not accomodating, Yorubas wouldn't be in the South east today...but they are there.

Again you exhibit small mindedness. How do you know I'm in the South west?

If your yoruba omo oniles who you probably see as all powerful see soldiers at my site, would they come within 100 meters of the place?
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by italo: 6:49am On Apr 10, 2015
@tonytony208,

You are doing a disservice to yourself with these childish abuses you think are a reasonable argument.

Thank God I know many Yorubas who are far more intelligent than you...I could have had the wrong impression of the whole tribe.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Ihuomadinihu: 7:08am On Apr 10, 2015
italo:

If Igbos are not accomodating, Yorubas wouldn't be in the South east today...but they are there.

Again you exhibit small mindedness. How do you know I'm in the South west?

If your yoruba omo oniles who you probably see as all powerful see soldiers at my site, would they come within 100 meters of the place?

I can't count the number of times i have told a Yoruba that i don't stay in the SW. I would only equate it to ignorance whenever they think all igbos are in SW. Take away Lagos and what do they have? Sorry,Lagos was built by the multiculturalism in Nigeria,it's no man's land! Igbos built igbo land,no govt can even take credit for that!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 10, 2015
PentiumPro:
Why is it that all Igbo towns are mostly made up of indigenous Igbos
People will rather go to Calabar, Port Harcourt or Uyo than to stop at Onitsha which is closer.
Is it that Igbos are not friendly or there are not enough opportunities outside buying and selling in these igbo towns and cities.

The Igbos do go to places away from their origin and they do far better than the people in that environment. Why should a Yoruba or an Hausa who can not compete with the Igbos in his state decide to compete with the in their land?
If you know business, you will no that it is not about being friendly but about making it in the land that you are doing what the people are experts at.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by tonytony208(m): 9:01am On Apr 10, 2015
italo:
@tonytony208,

You are doing a disservice to yourself with these childish abuses you think are a reasonable argument.

Thank God I know many Yorubas who are far more intelligent than you...I could have had the wrong impression of the whole tribe.

Why not keep shut?
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Amazo: 5:11pm On Apr 10, 2015
whitecat1:
That's the only region that people really don't want to go, heck ibos themselves are running away from there!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by xlnc2324: 6:18pm On Apr 10, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Because our region was abandoned by FG

Let's encourage resource control and you will see if other Nigerians wont troop enmass to our great land cool

When is Buhari probing Tinubu and OBJ grin

FG abandoned your region? And yet, you people blindly dey do follow follow the PDP led federal govt for 16years With nothing to show for it? Worst, they promised 2nd Niger bridge......scamming be that bro.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by lyntiffany(f): 7:11pm On Apr 10, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Let's encourage resource control and you will see if other Nigerians wont troop enmass to our great land coolit's your region that is abandoned not we the ibos, don't mind that ashilotu Pentiumpro she is full of hatred most people stop by in Enugu and Owerri if they are looking for a nice cool spot and serene to cool off but how many people will stop by in Ondo or Ogun if not for that Lagos they see like heaven would they even have say?

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by lyntiffany(f): 7:15pm On Apr 10, 2015
tonytony208:

If you have it, why are are you not in your aba and mining youroil? What are you still doing in southwest? Must you drown in the lagoon before you know the way to alaigbo?
hahaha look at who is talking? just like you guys don't want to leave the Mobil in Eket we will never leave Lagos for you guys. Get lost from our land you oil suckers.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by lyntiffany(f): 7:17pm On Apr 10, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Let's encourage resource control and you will see if other Nigerians wont troop enmass to our great land coolit's your region that is abandoned not we the ibos, don't mind that ashilotu Pentiumpro she is full of hatred most people stop by in Enugu and Owerri if they are looking for a nice cool spot and serene to cool off but how many people will stop by in Ondo or Ogun if not for that Lagos they see like heaven would they even have say?

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by lyntiffany(f): 7:19pm On Apr 10, 2015
mods pls stop hiding my post.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by mercyville: 8:54pm On Apr 10, 2015
shocked
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by mercyville: 9:02pm On Apr 10, 2015
Mention just one Igbo who is a "documented cannibal.

Their great great grand fathers up till this present generation because once a cannibal always a cannibal....IT RUNS IN THE BLOOD...What is AMOSUN?
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by vislabraye(m): 9:13pm On Apr 10, 2015
PentiumPro:
Why is it that all Igbo towns are mostly made up of indigenous Igbos
People will rather go to Calabar, Port Harcourt or Uyo than to stop at Onitsha which is closer.
Is it that Igbos are not friendly or there are not enough opportunities outside buying and selling in these igbo towns and cities.
You look Igbo.

I guess it depends on the commercial activities. We know that Lagos, Kano, Kadu, Port Harcourt are towns with the most opportunities. Not much activities in the East as such.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Zico5(m): 9:31pm On Apr 10, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

Segun Adewole, Igbos do not live in yorubaland. Have you ever seen an Igbo man in muddy Osun forest?. Igbos go to lagos where oil money from eastern states like Imo, Abia, Rivers, Delta was used to develop. Igbos do not live in mud houses. They can't survive in your mud-built yorubaland.
U re a liar, many igbo re labourers in villages in osun, ondo and oyo. My father has nothing less than four of then working on our cocoa plantation in osun state. Ask what some of then re doing in Ore, ondo state. So stop saying what u don't know
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 10, 2015
italo:

So since Nigerians travel to Europe more than Europeans come here, Nigeria is cursed?

Get a brain!

ode.
can you compare nigeria to Britain in terms of development and opportunities?
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by kennydee05(m): 9:53pm On Apr 10, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

Segun Adewole, Igbos do not live in yorubaland. Have you ever seen an Igbo man in muddy Osun forest?. Igbos go to lagos where oil money from eastern states like Imo, Abia, Rivers, Delta was used to develop. Igbos do not live in mud houses. They can't survive in your mud-built yorubaland.
You are a bloody liar... their is no type of building Igbos can't stay in as much as they will be able to do their normal business..
I served in a remote area in Kano and believing me you I was surprised to see Igbo as the only other tribe aside the corpers in that place and they live in a very dilapidated mud houses with leaking roof.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by millionaireman: 11:39pm On Apr 10, 2015
PentiumPro:

Why do we have 100% indigenous Ibos in virtually all the Ngawa-land except sprinkle of non indigenes in Aba?
Why is orlu and Nnewi virtually Ibos
Why is Abakaliki and the surrounding villages a no go area for non Ibos?
Why is udi and Uga 100% indigenous Ibos?
Nobody is going to allow you to derail the thread.

My native attire tailor in Orlu since 1998 till today has remained a Yoruba man. Even his son remains a tailor in Orlu till today.

House builders in Orlu today are mostly Yoruba.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Abagworo(m): 12:23am On Apr 11, 2015
vislabraye:

You look Igbo.

I guess it depends on the commercial activities. We know that Lagos, Kano, Kadu, Port Harcourt are towns with the most opportunities. Not much activities in the East as such.

I think Aba has a lot of non-Igbos living in it. I cannot tell the percentage but passing through Aba there are a lot of Northern settlements as well as mosques. A lot of Ijaws, Ibibios, Edo, Delta, Ogoni, Benue/Plateau, Cameroonians, Ghanaians, Malians, Togolese and Beninois live there as well.

Finally the indigenes are actually Ngwa but outnumbered by other Igbos and non-Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Emmaowolabia(m): 1:00am On Apr 11, 2015
Bekwarra:
I was shocked yesterday when one Edo woman I was talking to said "Igbo people no be better people na".
Edo people dont like igbo mentality, they believe that igbo are always in to deceive especially when money is at d centre of an issue. They prefer to be fully align with people from their ancestral home(yoruba) than being mistaken for an igbo.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Nobody: 1:14am On Apr 11, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

The most ignorant and naïve comment I read so far. I don't think you have travelled much or read newspaper. Rivers and Delta Eastern states? Lol smh
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Perceptor(m): 1:40am On Apr 11, 2015
pazienza:
Igbos are the superstars and celebrities of Nairaland, not a day passes in Nairaland without a thread being opened about us, Seun must be grateful to Ndiigbo, we keep his forum busy. *grins*

OP, what is your question again?
Damn it! you constitute nuissanse everywhere you go
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by Perceptor(m): 1:47am On Apr 11, 2015
mercyville:
Mention just one Igbo who is a "documented cannibal.

Their great great grand fathers up till this present generation because once a cannibal always a cannibal....IT RUNS IN THE BLOOD...What is AMOSUN?
Clifford orji is a cannibalist

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by tonytony208(m): 7:28am On Apr 11, 2015
lyntiffany:
hahaha look at who is talking? just like you guys don't want to leave the Mobil in Eket we will never leave Lagos for you guys. Get lost from our land you oil suckers.
You are a lost soul. Eket is not your land. It is in Niger delta. Igbo land is a landlocked piece of shit in the southeastern part of Nigeria. The place is so gully-eroded and unproductive to the extent that its inhabitants are leaving in droves. The inhabitants are so disgusted with their own land to the extent they are ashamed to accept what nature has wealth them and they start claiming lands belonging to other tribes in southeastern Nigeria.

Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by lyntiffany(f): 7:52am On Apr 11, 2015
tonytony208:

You are a lost soul. Eket is not your land. It is in Niger delta. Igbo land is a landlocked piece of shit in the southeastern part of Nigeria. The place is so gully-eroded and unproductive to the extent that its inhabitants are leaving in droves. The inhabitants are so disgusted with their own land to the extent they are ashamed to accept what nature has wealth them and they start claiming lands belonging to other tribes in southeastern Nigeria.
your the one whose soul is lost and can never be found daft. Am an akwaibomite maternally so stfu stupid fool.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by tonytony208(m): 8:04am On Apr 11, 2015
lyntiffany:
your the one whose soul is lost and can never be found daft. Am an akwaibomite maternally so stfu stupid fool.

You see! You just exposed yourself further. Igbo's are not proud of their small, landlocked and gully eroded rand (land). That is why you are even too ashamed to claim your paternal origin but resorted to claiming your maternal origin.
Re: Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? by lyntiffany(f): 8:08am On Apr 11, 2015
tonytony208:

You see! You just exposed yourself further. Igbo's are not proud of their small, landlocked and gully eroded rand (land). That is why you are even too ashamed to claim your paternal origin but resorted to claiming your maternal origin.
am a proud IBO girl nothing can stop that not even your micro brain can stop that but still don't dispute the fact that I share blood with them.So mugu stay clear from me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ejiro Adigbo Advises Governor Wike On What Next To Do. / EFCC Officials Arrive At APC Convention Venue / Nigerians React To APC Disqualification Of Adebayo Shittu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.