Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism (71481 Views)

"I Can Make You Rich, Happy & Popular" Church Sign Post In Port Harcourt (Pic) / Helen Oritsejafor Lies On The Rug In Church As Choristers Sing (p / Peace Olanike Adeleke: ‘How Pastor Adeboye Anointed Me To Sing’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by freecocoa(f): 10:36pm On Apr 08, 2015
Obeenah:
babe take it easy. Truth be told the same way u will not want a Sinach or frank Edwards to come since to you in the club is the same way a secular artist should stay away from the pulpit. Nobody holy pass that we all know but let us do things right. You say we like in the same world. Would u eat a snake because other humans like you also eat it? #My2cents
I don't even care who sings what wherever, my own is that, religion is a big sham and the people practicing it are hypocrites.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by haibe(m): 10:38pm On Apr 08, 2015
CeejayCharles:
SENSELESS SELF RIGHTEOUS PRICK CALLING HIMSELF A PASTOR. WHO GAVE YOU THE RIGHT TO JUDGE WHO IS OF THE WORLD AND NOT?

someone quoted scripture to back his point and you say he is judging? You need to go back to school
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by chezok(f): 10:41pm On Apr 08, 2015
Okay naa !!!
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by haibe(m): 10:41pm On Apr 08, 2015
freecocoa:
I don't even care who sings what wherever, my own is that, religion is a big sham and the people practicing it are hypocrites.

Making generalisations this way already makes your claim invalid . You may say a lot of them are hypocrites but not all. Meanwhile it's wrong to call such an artiste to the house of God where the children of God are supposed to listen to what will get them closer to God, you know the psychological effect of listening to that song in the church. ?
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by davide470(m): 10:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
Ricardo2400:
He used to be a muslim, I don't know about nw

This is a song that is being played in most clubs and he is not a gospel artist,So I don't see what he is doing in a church undecided
Do you know Mali Music sings Purely Gospel but he is signed on to Konvict Music! (Owned by Akon).

Koredo Bello is a Christian (Spirit filled and all that)and he clearly made that confession during his #Godwin Performance at Harvester's.

...and Yes that's my church, and I was there live..(Just 2 rows from the front).

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by ojnnaco(m): 10:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
greghamite:
By FEMI SALAWU

God Win crooner, Korede Bello’s invitation to sing at Harvesters International Christian Centre (HICC) has drawn criticism from US-based, Pastor Olusola Fabunmi.

The Mavin Records artiste was a special guest at the three services of the Lekki branch of the dynamic church under the leadership of its youthful shepherd, Pastor Bolaji Idowu.

With back-up vocals from the praise team, Korede Bello thrilled the youthful church audience with a live performance of his popular anthem, God Win. For a moment, his brief performance sent the auditorium into frenzy.

But Pastor Fabunmi is not thrilled by the artiste’s invitation to perform on a church alter. He quoted James 4:4, “Friendship with the world is enmity to God? Whosoever therefore will be friend of the world is enemy of God.”

“Korede Bello is a young man I love personally, and have nothing against him. But it’s written here, that when we chose the way of the world, we have clearly chosen our paths; becoming an enemy of God. Please, there must be a clearly defined boundaries of who sings, and /or ministers in churches. Some of the questions that comes to mind are; is he born again? Sanctified with the spirit of God and baptized in the Holy Spirit,” he said.....

http://expressng.com/2015/04/korede-bellos-invitation-to-sing-at-popular-church-attracts-criticism/

In everything na God win.. Even if d pastor no like am na God win
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by haibe(m): 10:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
davide470:
Do you know Mali Music sings Purely Gospel but he is signed on to Konvict Music! (Owned by Akon).

Koredo Bello is a Christian (Spirit filled and all that)and he clearly made that confession during his #Godwin Performance at Harvester's.

...and Yes that's my church, and I was there live..(Just 2 rows from the front).

Let's be honest, A spirit filled Christian will not be singing dorobucci . It's not by mouth to be born again

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by olubori1(m): 10:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
its totally wrong. Dere ar gospel artistes out dere who can minister. Church is nt 4 entertainment

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by pomsky: 10:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
freecocoa:
You can still be understood(although there's nothing sensible in what you wrote or religion as a whole) if you write with normal fonts.

I didn't bother to read your post to the end, you people should just go and live in heaven na, since this world is not for you.

He has a kingdom, yet decided his people should live in the world, how does any of it make sense?

I don't mean to be rude[i] but anything religion kinda irks me.[/i]

[size=20pt]
......i guess writing with big fonts irks you too, abi?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by olumyde5(m): 10:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
Oluwatosin678:
God searches the HEART.......

Truly God searches the heart but this guys sings circular music and shouldn't have been allowed to sing on the altar.

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
Bexson:
I feel so sorry for all you people who have allowed religion take away your senses, but apparently, there's nothing I can do about it. Well, it may not be right for him to sing in a church because going by common sense (since he's not a 'gospel' artist. Whether he's in Mavin, or Cash Money, or whatever music label, it does differentiate him from any of you hypocritical church people. He's same human as you are and any person deceiving you that you are superior because you are "born again" or any shit like that is simply taking advantage of your gullibility.
before you come online to type rubbish, try get brain to reason well.
What's hypocritical in my post?
Nobody is a saint but you can't bring a secular musician to the church.
A true Christian doesn't sing worldly songs.
If you need further proof, ask your church pastor!
Last Bullet
It is your types that invited Orezi to Convenant University...
I believe you know what ends the story, when the people in authority heard, they told him to leave before performing.
Get a brain and see the difference btw clamouring for genuine Christianity & being a hypocrite.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by davide470(m): 10:49pm On Apr 08, 2015
haibe:

Let's be honest, A spirit filled Christian will not be singing dorobucci . It's not by mouth to be born again
...sebi you know that scripture; Work out your salvation with Fear and ... (that is Salvation is personal.)

Yes, that one.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by chukzUd: 10:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
Can't believe m seeing some funny comments pple are making....Diz guy z clearly a secular guy n some peeps tinks it cool n using hypocrisy as excuse to criticise d dose against it buh clearly Bello na confam guy o buh diz guy belongs t a Crew who are clearly not Christians cos I no mid enta Tiwa head to know say she Badt its obvious only if maybe she jus repent as I dey type diz tin lolll....If u guys tink GodWin z a cool song to b sang in church den mk Churches begin Invite Psquare to perform*Buneya*for church na after all da one even sound more holy slf No Champaign words or Ogonogo by Timaya...Make Una reason

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by freecocoa(f): 10:51pm On Apr 08, 2015
haibe:

Making generalisations this way already makes your claim invalid . You may say a lot of them are hypocrites but not all. Meanwhile it's wrong to call such an artiste to the house of God where the children of God are supposed to listen to what will get them closer to God, you know the psychological effect of listening to that song in the church. ?
ALL of them are hypocrites.
Asking me that question shows you don't even understand me.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by haibe(m): 10:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
davide470:
...sebi you know that scripture; Work out your salvation with Fear and ... (that is Salvation is personal.)

Yes, that one.

I won't argue with you because of how you just misquoted the scriptures but let me give the word of Jesus himself.

"A good tree cannot bring forth corrupt fruit"

Chew and digest it
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by haibe(m): 10:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
freecocoa:
ALL of them are hypocrites.
Asking me that question shows you don't even understand me.

can you prove that ALL OF THEM ARE HYPOCRITES,?
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by nduchucks: 10:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
Fake pastor does not recognize the fact that the Church needs 'lost' souls more than fake born again folks like the pastor.

I thought Jesus welcomed sinners with opened arms.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by freecocoa(f): 11:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
haibe:

can you prove that ALL OF THEM ARE HYPOCRITES,?
It's already obvious na, what's there to prove again?

Does any of the thing humans use come from any other place other than the world?
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by haibe(m): 11:02pm On Apr 08, 2015
chukzUd:
Can't believe m seeing some funny comments pple are making....Diz guy z clearly a secular guy n some peeps tinks it cool n using hypocrisy as excuse to criticise d dose against it buh clearly Bello na confam guy o buh diz guy belongs t a Crew who are clearly not Christians cos I no mid enta Tiwa head to know say she Badt its obvious only if maybe she jus repent as I dey type diz tin lolll....If u guys tink GodWin z a cool song to b sang in church den mk Churches begin Invite Psquare to perform*Buneya*for church na after all da one even sound more holy slf No Champaign words or Ogonogo by Timaya...Make Una reason
. SPOT ON

The problem with some people is that they don't just know how to be truthful by calling a spade a spade.. am not holier than thou oo but I know when something is wrong. The guy is not a gospel artiste and shouldn't have been invited as this can cause a lot of harm to the baby Christians who possibly are trying to get things right with God. It's funny how people are using hypocrisy or don't judge as an excuse grin. I tell you it will reach a time when murderers will even be invited to church and people will justify them, chai God is really nice oo cheesy.. I wouldn't take the insult if it were me
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by haibe(m): 11:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
freecocoa:
It's already obvious na, what's there to prove again?

Does any of the thing humans use come from any other place other than the world?

when you don't understand something, there is no crime to ask questions. . The word "world" in the context in which the bible uses it signifies things that will draw things far from God; not every single thing in the world
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by haibe(m): 11:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
nduchucks:
Fake pastor does not recognize the fact that the Church needs 'lost' souls more than fake born again folks like the pastor.

I thought Jesus welcomed sinners with opened arms.

I know na . Jesus welcomed sinners to entertain the people of God in the synagogue. . You make sense die brother grin
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by poppincash: 11:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
[quote nonsense
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by bamidelemoses: 11:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
lupey:
Some people should please chill. He didn't sing about obscenities. Its about tge song and who its glorifying, not necessarily the instrument through which its delivered!

In God's Kingdom is just about the song or who 'its' glorifying but more importantly about the 'VESSEL' ... the church alter is not for performance but for Ministry
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by freecocoa(f): 11:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
haibe:

when you don't understand something, there is no crime to ask questions. . The word "world" in the context in which the bible uses it signifies things that will draw things far from God; not every single thing in the world
You are the confused fellow here.

Your bible say that you should not be unequally yoked with unbelievers yet in almost all spheres of your life, you have relationships with these set of people, actually gain from them and then turn around to behave like you are better than them? Hypocrite.tongue

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by anonimi: 11:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
greghamite:
With back-up vocals from the praise team, Korede Bello thrilled the youthful church audience with a live performance of his popular anthem, God Win. For a moment, his brief performance sent the auditorium into frenzy.

Right there is why he was invited by the pastor-

- throw the congregation into a frenzy,
- they forget their sorrows,
- buy easily your crooked wares of hope & breakthrough
- give you seeds, pledges, tithes, offerings, vows etc in exchange for the hope you have promised them.

Pastor keeps smiling to the bank grin grin grin
End of Discussion, EoD!!!
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by toocoded: 11:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
sholexy21:

MEANWHILE, SOMEWHERE IN LAGOS

SON: Mom, grandma is so annoying, I wish she will just die.
MOTHER: Idiot, it's your mother that will die not mine.
lmfao....EPIC! I must say.
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by chukzUd: 11:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
Lol diz tin make we remember a wedding I went for N after d normal joining tgeda na time for reception tinz change N d wierdest part wz d reception wz t commence immediately at dsame church n instead of choir dey decided t bring DJ n trust ma guy Na Skelewo start flow...N to my Greatest surprice dose wer dance pass N d Elders wife's n Deaconesses...wz so Embarrassed tho d pastor n some commitee council left bfor it begun sha...So diz One na Small tin....Many tinz has gone seriously wrong in churches
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by swittyjenny(f): 11:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
They are turning the house of God into something else, Tufiakwa
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by COOL10(m): 11:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
Firstly,I'd lyk 2 ask, What are things of d world,what really r worldly things? There hv bn a lot of speculations abt this and most pple just dnt seem 2 get it ryt. 'Worldly things' don't hv 2 do with u procuring or purchasing good cars,brazilian hairs among others. It also dsnt involve ur choice of music,dressing or physical appearance. 'Worldly behaviors' involve gtn all of these things and 4gtn d 1 true being responsible 4 ur success(GOD). The 'stuff' now become a major priority and u let them get into ur head 4gtn ur true mission on earth. So as u can see,there is ntn lyk 'worldly things' but there are 'worldly behaviors'. The devil can manipulate anytn or any1 2 make it his as far as he's gvn d room 4 such. He is that wise and stupid at the same time cos God always counters him and wins. I'v known korede 4 a long tym nw even b4 he joined mavins. Godwin is a song 4 all ramifications of lyf bt it all boils down 2 d fact dat u'r acknowledging God for ur success so I totally disagree with d man of God with respect 2 his statement. With d way things r,its clear he's already judged korede cos he sings and his style is nt in line with d pastor's or church's doctrine. That's wt killing most people and churches now 'doctrine'. We just hv 2 be careful and mind wt we think,say and do cos we neva know when our lord JESUS will come. Peace
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by haibe(m): 11:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
freecocoa:
You are the confused fellow here.

Your bible say that you should not be unequally yoked with unbelievers yet in almost all spheres of your life, you have relationships with these set of people, actually gain from them and then turn around to behave like you are better than them? Hypocrite.tongue
lol ok
Re: Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism by wazzalurd(m): 11:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
lupey:
Some people should please chill. He didn't sing about obscenities. Its about tge song and who its glorifying, not necessarily the instrument through which its delivered!
U are wrong oo,u mean delivering godly wordings with devilish material z allowed?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Uses Wooden Staff For Miracles [PHOTO] / Sihle Sibisi's Daughter Dies! Tshepang khanyisile Seleke Is Dead / Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.