Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years (5470 Views)

Attitudes Guys Display When They Have Been Lured, Duped & Dumped By Gold Diggers / Man Breaks Up With Girlfriend Of 11 Years 24 Hours To His Wedding To Another / I Have Been Dumped By 3 Girls Cos I Refuse To Have Sex With Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by Tsunami07: 12:16am On Jan 27, 2009
Im sorry to bore you with my sad story, but i really need a few words to help me think straight.
I have been dating this girl for 7 years now. In this period i have never even thought of asking another girl. She was has been everything i ever wanted and i have made sure she has lacked nothing. I have deprived myself of so many pleasures just to ensure that herself and her family get the best. And i must say that in these 7 years i have never had a reason to regret loving her with all my life until now.
Just when i was beginning to think of marriage, another guy walks into her life and suddenly im totally worthless to her. Cant even understand what is happening. I ve been seriously devastated and dont know what to do. i ve taken to drinking and smoking heavily but it has not helped.
i wake up each day with no idea of where i am headed or coming from. its just as if im floating - i mean a ghost. for 7 years i ve not had a reason to look at any other girl and it seems impossible to start now. worst part is the only thing she could tell me is that she was under pressure to get married. this i only got to hear after she got a suitor. if she had told me i would have hurried up my arrangements.
Right now i dont know what to do or where to start. for a month i have seldom eaten anything except several bottles of legend a day. i ve lost weight seriously. only good thing is i was a bit overweight before. i had expected that by now i ll feel a bit better but things are only getting worse for me. the worst part is that i have lost the zeal to do anything for myself. my world has caved in on me.
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by informed(m): 12:32am On Jan 27, 2009
@ Poster,

I am sorry for u. but I wud like to ask wat u had 4 her in all the 7yrs. Did u neva tell her ur plans 4 her cos if u didnt dats where u missed it. I guess she mayb was not sure u wanted to marry her which was why she left or probably d oda guy had always been der the whole tyme. I wud just advise u to take heart and pick urself up. I no wats its like cos i have gotten a similar experience but mine waz neva 7yrs!

Mannnnnnnnnnnn 7yrs is a long tym bro, At least u shud hav married her or talked about it. Drinking wud not solved your problem, you wud have to pick yourself up and start afresh cosss ders nothing u can do about it. she's married, move on and if u are ready this tym, u wud surely get the gal of ur dreams but plsssssssss don't wait for anoda 7yrs b4 taking her to da alter cos someone else might just beat u to it if she's a WIFEY material, take heart mannn
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by Akinagirl(f): 12:36am On Jan 27, 2009
I am so sorry embarassed sad
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by fs(f): 1:52am On Jan 27, 2009
I'm sorry.

I'm a bit confused though. Her reason for going with another guy is because she wants to get married? Did you two not discuss marriage, the future, your long terms, etc, at all? I know I oversimply things sometimes, but I just wonder how this happens. So she's marrying the other guy? Has the other guy always been someone she has known? Do people just marry random people because they want to be married? That last question is not for you, i'm just trying to understand her logic.

I mean, if I were her and I was with a guy for 7 years, I'm pretty sure that we'd have talked about the future/marriage/something during those times. I mean, I was with my husband for 3 years before we got engaged and we talked about these things. The fact that he proposed to me wasn't a suprise (the actual engagement was), but not the fact that he proposed. I'm always amused when people are suprised their boyfriend proposed to them. My first question is haven't you both talked about your future? Where the relationship is going?

Once again, I'm sorry. I don't know what to tell you, but if she would leave you just like that for another guy, I'm thinking you're better without her.

1 Like

Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by Sissy3(f): 2:05am On Jan 27, 2009
some women sef angry angry angry angry

drinking/smoking will double the problem, so trash it. it is going to take sometime 4 u to get over it, but u will get over it, u r not the first to have this happen to u and u wouldnt be the last. only time will heal, be strong.

if possible talk to a counselor, so u can get somethings off ur mind.

whatevers goes around always and surely do come around.

such is life angry
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by Nobody: 2:13am On Jan 27, 2009
A
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by KarmaMod(f): 2:17am On Jan 27, 2009
should have dumped you sooner

Gf of 7 years. That makes sense to you?
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by C2H5OH(f): 2:49am On Jan 27, 2009
KarmaMod:

should have dumped you sooner

Gf of 7 years. That makes sense to you?
It does to me.

@topic, abeg count your loss and move on homie, she ain't the one. You will live and learn to love again.
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by KarmaMod(f): 2:51am On Jan 27, 2009
Big Surprise.
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by Sissy3(f): 2:55am On Jan 27, 2009
[quote
abeg count your loss and move on homie, she ain't the one.  You will live and learn to love again.
[quote][/quote]

exactly, where there a breath, there is hope cool
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by Okanran(m): 6:26am On Jan 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

@topic, abeg count your loss and move on homie, she ain't the one. You will live and learn to love again.
~Sissy~:

exactly, where there a breath, there is hope cool

Take solace in the quotes above, pls remember u're no use to anyone shld u decide 2 waste ur life, snap out of it and move on.

God bless.
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 27, 2009
@ Poster,

Don't be a wimp. U wanna die 'cos of someone else? Be my guest.
Why 7 years? U've been wasting the poor gals life.

Maybe this will serve as a lesson to other guys. U can't be wasting a gal's life.
Long dates ain't worth the stress !!!
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by vodka(f): 9:49am On Jan 27, 2009
ok, sorry eya pele!!!
are y ou not tiredo f being pitied. you need to GET over yourself.
what do you do? i hope to God you have a job or you're in school or something, cos then i'd advice you soak up yourself with work, activites, get too busy to think. occupy every single second until you're too exhausted to think about her.
everybody has suffered heartache at some point, but its not that that matters, its what you do with it.
go out, go meet some other girls, do some other fun things, smoking and drinking is only damagine yourhealth.
let your drive be that you want to be so much better that the next time she sees you she'd wish she never left
tkia man
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by sweetmum(f): 10:06am On Jan 27, 2009
e ya!
take heart and move on.
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by steve49ja(m): 10:16am On Jan 27, 2009
She's gone that you have to accept!!!

Try and get over it
NO one is what dieing for and no one is irreplaceable
Bro spinsers yapa for everywhere just take your pick Nuffyn Do you

SMokers are liable to die young and dont drink and drive Ill say smoke dont get Hi and drink dont get drunk

No be new thing o jare no be you be first only that the way you handle it matters!
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by Tonyet1(m): 10:22am On Jan 27, 2009
hey poster, comon stop drinking are you a baby to act like one?

this things must happen to everyone, its either we get the dose now or later

its inevitable!

aw can you be dying for a sardine in river benue when we have some cute star fishes, jelly fishes, gold fishes, and some sweet whales all in the atlantic

i go whip you if u cry again
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by ariblaze(m): 10:43am On Jan 27, 2009
BlueDiva:

@ Poster,

Don't be a wimp. U wanna die 'cos of someone else? Be my guest.
Why 7 years? U've been wasting the poor gals life.

Maybe this will serve as a lesson to other guys. U can't be wasting a gal's life.
Long dates ain't worth the stress !!!

my friend put a can in your mouth

if you cant offer advice without resulting to gender bashing

step. . . .

wasting the girl's life indeed

did you read the post?

@post

it hurts yep

would you do yourself a great dis service by this manner of brooding? yep

it takes effort but wade out of it

and if you can, try not to hate her

first rule of living in this world

is this, learn to survive . . . . .
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by Omolola1(f): 1:04pm On Jan 27, 2009
SEVEN YEARS!!!!!!

That's a whole lot of time, mennnnnnnnnn! the girl try no be small! grin

1 Like

Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by JJYOU: 2:04pm On Jan 27, 2009
Omolola1:

SEVEN YEARS!!!!!!

That's a whole lot of time, mennnnnnnnnn! the girl try no be small! grin
yea yea give her an award 7 yrs of hell with a cruel uncaring man.

bros most people come into your life for a season. get over it and let her move on. wish her luck and make room for someone else in your life. it does always get better but kick that bottle and the ciggy and let the healing begin
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by Woodpecker(m): 2:13pm On Jan 27, 2009
guy i really feel ur pain, i know what u're goin thru trust me. Just free ur mind and always remember that women are very unreliable, its just the way they are. If she couldnt bring herself to ask you what your plans are for the future then the next thing is that she runs into the arms of another guy abi? nothing do you, just pick yourself up and try as hard as u can to forget her. it wont be easy but it can be done. gd luck bro
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by Moyola(f): 2:19pm On Jan 27, 2009
I can imagine how yu feel. cry embarassed

Guess what?!!

Itz not the end of d world 4 yu. . . . drz light @ d end of d tunnel!
Kpele! yu'll get ova it, itz juz a mata of time! smiley
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by Godalone(m): 3:13pm On Jan 27, 2009
How can you date a lady for 7 years? 7 years is too long o.My brother God dey.
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by Lovelace: 3:23pm On Jan 27, 2009
She left. Meaning,your relationship wasn't headed anywhere in her eyes. If it were,she'd say 'no' to any suitor that had come along.
You are heartbroken. Meaning your alcoholism would only give you hangovers.
Life goes on. Go listen to Kanye West's song 'heartless',and move on with yourself.
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by LIMUEL(m): 3:32pm On Jan 27, 2009
What were you doing in a relationship for seven years?
You simply became boring for the chick
Please learn and wake up
You were not paying attention to the signs
pick up your pieces and move on
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by fs(f): 3:33pm On Jan 27, 2009
No need to call women names. Come on, are we all really unreliable? If that's so, doesn't that make your mum or any sisters you might have unreliable too? Ya'll should relax abeg.

Yes they were together 7 years. Please, how old were they when they started dating? To me, it really depends on that. If you started dating someone at 18 and you're 25 now, that seems normal to me. I don't think he wasted the woman's time. I think she ended up wasting his time and effort he put into the relationship, unless ofcourse, he had issies. We don't know that since we're hearing his story and not hers.

My question again is did you guys talk about marriage/the future/etc? Did you guys have good communication?
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by fs(f): 3:34pm On Jan 27, 2009
LIMUEL:

Please learn and wake up

Limuel, he became boring for the chick? Really? How would marriage have solved that considering it's supposed to last a lifetime? I'm confused.
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by elowa: 4:12pm On Jan 27, 2009
LIMUEL:

Please learn and wake up
U guys shd ve asked where they started from, cud av been from skool and that is why they ve spent seven years and who knows if the guy is still struglling to make ends meet. Look in depth before you blame and moreover, he only asked for emotional support and not yabis. If seven years was boring was the chic, how wud the marriage have been?
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by 7kasali: 5:02pm On Jan 27, 2009
@Tsunami07 - I got a few words for you below :-)

"Cuz if you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it
If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it
Cuz if you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it"

seven yrs na long time naw, go after what is your if you really want it.
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by LIMUEL(m): 5:22pm On Jan 27, 2009
Fs and Eluwa
The guy was dreaming alone so the whole issue of marriage was just a mirage
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by KarmaMod(f): 5:39pm On Jan 27, 2009
Please learn and wake up

Gbam. The same people that say when "have short shelf life" are the same ones saying the girl should have stayed. Hilarious
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by fs(f): 5:44pm On Jan 27, 2009
KarmaMod:

Gbam. The same people that say when "have short shelf life" are the same ones saying the girl should have stayed. Hilarious

No one is saying the girl should just stay if the guy has no intentions. That's why we (at least I) are asking him if they had had conversations about marriage/the future/etc. Also, I asked if they started dating at a young age. I mean, if they started dating at 18, do they really have to be married at 25? The thing is that they must have had different views of their relationship for it to just break down unexpectedly. I've known people that met in college and waited till a number of years after graduation before they got married. They both knew their plans, that's probably the difference.
Re: Dumped By My Girlfriend Of 7 Years by LIMUEL(m): 5:46pm On Jan 27, 2009
fs:

Limuel, he became boring for the chick? Really? How would marriage have solved that considering it's supposed to last a lifetime? I'm confused.

Why the confusion?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys, Do Y'all Agree With This Opinion? / What Will You Do If Ur Bride Arrives Wedding Ground Like This To Marry You? Pics / Is Prostitution The Only Business Girls Can Do Nowadays ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.