Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,683 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) (35358 Views)

Opening Music Studio As A Business NEED ADVICE / Music Studio For Lease / How Do I Get Music Studio Audio Equipments From China To Sell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by 1beat(m): 8:02pm On Jul 12, 2015
am also a music producer i stay in Abeokuta, @ Obantoko pls you can reach me through whatsapp 08038088955 or call (1beat). with my little knowledge about music production using the follwin tools FL studio, Sonar x3 cubase and some mastering plugins, i believe we can rob mind 2gthr, even tips on hw 2 gt good affordable neccesary studio equipment
Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by sureteeboy(m): 8:21pm On Jul 12, 2015
AsherStorm:
Have a good night rest y'll
Xup bro. Where exactly is this studio located in abeokuta??
Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by musicwriter(m): 8:53pm On Jul 12, 2015
AsherStorm:
Hi everyone... Im Hazzan from Abeokuta Ogun state. Graduate of biochemistry and a muzik lover...

Owing to d fact that jobs aint forthcoming except for the few marketing jobs with ridiculous pay and neck-breaking targets, which I've got so far, I decided to check out some ideas on the business section here on Nairaland where I came across one lovely idea but I gave up long the line cos the business won't survive around here based on my survey...

some days ago, I got a call from a girl (never met her tho) who has been chatting with me and telling me she wants to be under my record label (name hidden) which already has 3 male upcoming artistes. her call made me so confused as I don't have a studio to project the label yet, no fund to promote even the artistes I have already, but fortunately her call woke me from my slumber.

I had a plan that after my service year, I was gonna work on my record label (name hidden), but since I finished service this February, I've never thought of that plan.

to cut the story short, I thought a lot about the call and challenge I got from the girl because she kept on asking me about the plans I told her I had before I could sign her to my record label.

I finally decided that I'm gonna start up my own studio to boost my record label and also use the recording studio as a business venture because there are a lot of would-be artistes and upcoming artistes around thus, this is business...

I have little knowledge of music production and I'm already learning more to brush up my production skills and also Im hoping to bring in a producer to work with me for a while.

I drew out my plan, end goal, proposed customers, mode of operation, business scope, pricing model, competitors, advertisement strategy, projected business volume and how to achieve it, cash flow...

My studio project is in 3 stages...
1. construction of studio house
2. interiors including studio furniture's and lightning
3. stocking of equipments into studio

To God be the glory, construction work started today on a piece of land in front of my mum's house ... I will keep the updates coming here as work proceeds there ....

pls kindly drop your advises and recommendations for me to follow cos I believe there are great minds here ...
thanks

ALSO SEEKING A PARTNER OR INVESTOR IN THIS MUSIC BUSINESS COZ WITH THE LITTLE I'm WORKING WITH, THINGS SEEM REALLY SLOW...
Interested investor should pls contact me

Cc FOD naijacutee puskin
Let the world see this

One thing you should have done is learn music production and mastering, first. Then, open your studio.

Some years back, I made a mistake of opening a recording studio just out of love for music. I hired producers as you said, but they ran down the studio within months. Though, I had other businesses and didn't depend on the studio for income.

Go to another studio and learn music production and mastering, and perfect in it. You should be producing other artistes from other studios before opening yours!.

Talking from experience.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by fubbyy(m): 9:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
See as this guy is living my dreams,what I've been struggling to do since,well its not my fault,I tried everything I could to raise money for the studio set up but still couldn't

Poster keep this thread alive, where I'm waiting is @ the main studio equipment set up

1 Like

Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 12, 2015
Am truly marveled at your hardwork, what your doing is really inspiring. Keep the good work up
Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by dejidrizzle01(m): 10:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
another money making tip is to sign deals with ur artistes for free production and u get 50 percent of their earnings on their songs then also u can buy crazy beats from upcoming producers then feature a celeb on it or ask an artiste who likes beats like that on a deal where he gets 40 percent profit eg maybe reggae beat , u send to some1 like patoranking on social media u do d song then give him proceeds off d song then use ur own share to shoot d video
Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by brrrr(m): 10:11pm On Jul 12, 2015
dejidrizzle01:
another money making tip is to sign deals with ur artistes for free production and u get 50 percent of their earnings on their songs then also u can buy crazy beats from upcoming producers then feature a celeb on it or ask an artiste who likes beats like that on a deal where he gets 40 percent profit eg maybe reggae beat , u send to some1 like patoranking on social media u do d song then give him proceeds off d song then use ur own share to shoot d video
you know nuffin about music see as e be like ABC for ur mouth
Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by dejidrizzle01(m): 10:22pm On Jul 12, 2015
ehm dude i rap duh! Its all abt wanting to take huge risk. The shi is that ion have capi tal if not tipe tipe i go don do am
Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by Henrhyme4u(m): 10:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
To me, this guy was building shop for recharge card nd fone accessories. Ok
Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by zizirecords(m): 10:42pm On Jul 12, 2015
Ok, so I am a professional producer and sound engineer with many years of experience.

I can advise you on how to make this project successful but would prefer we chat about it.

I also own allnaijabeatsdotcom and beatshypedotcom. Check my sites for my contact details.

Picture of my studio below (to inspire you)

6 Likes

Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by ace1(m): 10:57pm On Jul 12, 2015
AsherStorm:

Im not yet a pro producer as im just learning the basics too. infact i made my first presentable beat today. But im sure pros like icebeatz and chynobeatz can shed more light.
Basically u need a
1. laptop/desktop with 3gg ram and 250gb hard disk
2. good soundcard
3. good mixer
4. studio monitor speakers
5. good headphone
6. good microphones
7. a place to use
8. a piano and other hardware instruments aint a must for starters because they are already embedded in production packages eg fl studio. but u might wann buy them if ure fully loaded with cash.
and ofcuz, learn to use fl studio, cubase and more packages.

hope this was helpful

I'll advice a desktop over a laptop as its easily upgradeable. Except you want to be a mobile producer.

It's not just about having 3GB RAM. You need a Computer with USB 3.0 and good processing power cos when you run some VST Plugins, your system will start freezing and you will need a fast USB port to connect your soundcard.

For the Soundcard, I'll advice you go for a Focusrite Scarlet 2i4 because (i) Focusrite produces good sound, and (ii) There are a lot of people currently using it in Nigeria now and if you should run into any problems, you can easily get someone to call to get solutions.

You really don't need a mixer, you can bypass that as most soundcards now come with mic preamps so you can just plug your mic or musical instrument directly and you'll get good audio. If you're buying monitors, get an active Monitor so you don't have to bother yourself about getting an amplifier.

I forgot to add, you might also need to get a compressor to gate external noise like gen sounds etc so your mic doesn't pick them.

All the best

4 Likes

Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by bedfordng(m): 11:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
mecussey:

Bro, do you have an idea of the cost of registration and what exactly would the bad sharp guys do? I need to register a biz before bad sharp guys come.
it may not be more than 20k.bad sharp guys may register the name before you do.using the name without registration could be dangerous if smart guys registered it while you are making use of it.they can sue you for impersonation.
Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
Nice work OP,Asherstorm.. But make sure u sign talented artistes o. This wil go a long way in boostin ur label

download my song & freestyle @

my.notjustok.com/p/oracle
Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by mecussey(m): 11:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
bedfordng:
it may not be more than 20k.bad sharp guys may register the name before you do.using the name without registration could be dangerous if smart guys registered it while you are making use of it.they can sue you for impersonation.

okk, na wao thanks for the info.
Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by Ajidepuzzle(m): 11:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
AsherStorm:
Hi everyone... Im Hazzan from Abeokuta Ogun state. Graduate of biochemistry and a muzik lover...

Owing to d fact that jobs aint forthcoming except for the few marketing jobs with ridiculous pay and neck-breaking targets, which I've got so far, I decided to check out some ideas on the business section here on Nairaland where I came across one lovely idea but I gave up long the line cos the business won't survive around here based on my survey...

some days ago, I got a call from a girl (never met her tho) who has been chatting with me and telling me she wants to be under my record label (name hidden) which already has 3 male upcoming artistes. her call made me so confused as I don't have a studio to project the label yet, no fund to promote even the artistes I have already, but fortunately her call woke me from my slumber.

I had a plan that after my service year, I was gonna work on my record label (name hidden), but since I finished service this February, I've never thought of that plan.

to cut the story short, I thought a lot about the call and challenge I got from the girl because she kept on asking me about the plans I told her I had before I could sign her to my record label.

I finally decided that I'm gonna start up my own studio to boost my record label and also use the recording studio as a business venture because there are a lot of would-be artistes and upcoming artistes around thus, this is business...

I have little knowledge of music production and I'm already learning more to brush up my production skills and also Im hoping to bring in a producer to work with me for a while. Am interested in learning music production... any expert in the house should please reply this... so we can private talk.... thanks

I drew out my plan, end goal, proposed customers, mode of operation, business scope, pricing model, competitors, advertisement strategy, projected business volume and how to achieve it, cash flow...

To God be the glory, construction work started today on a piece of land in front of my mum's house ... I will keep the updates coming here as work proceeds there ....

pls kindly drop your advises and recommendations for me to follow cos I believe there are great minds here ...
thanks

ALSO SEEKING A PARTNER OR INVESTOR IN THIS MUSIC BUSINESS COZ WITH THE LITTLE I'm WORKING WITH, THINGS SEEM REALLY SLOW...

Cc FOD naijacutee puskin
Let the world see this
Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by Ajidepuzzle(m): 12:03am On Jul 13, 2015
AsherStorm:

I have little knowledge of music production and I'm already learning more to brush up my production skills and also Im hoping to bring in a producer to work with me for a while.

thanks

Cc FOD naijacutee puskin
Let the world see this
Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by itziyanu(m): 12:21am On Jul 13, 2015
I just saw your post today and I'm very happy and impressed. May the good Lord crown your efforts with success. I'm also a funaabite and a sound engineer and I will love to work with u and learn from you
Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by gidjah(m): 12:50am On Jul 13, 2015
good job BROmore strength and courage.ALUTA CONTINUA !!!!!
Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by DJEhimond(m): 12:52am On Jul 13, 2015
Here on the Island, this na korrect self-contain.
Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by AsherStorm(m): 1:39am On Jul 13, 2015
tayooluwole:
Bro, I have somebody that you can sign to your record label and you will never regret... He is a talented artist and a guru in music production... he has many good track already...and he produced all the songs himself... To my assessment, the guy has a future prospect as far as music is concerned and I am sure that if you listen to any of his tracks you give the same comment....

Send me a mail bro and let's see if this artist will be able to work with us sir

1 Like

Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by AsherStorm(m): 1:40am On Jul 13, 2015
CleftEvents:
God bless your hustle.
Thanks maam

2 Likes

Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by AsherStorm(m): 1:42am On Jul 13, 2015
haedra:
I am a music producer. I appreciate people that love music. I am interested in hearing your action plan. I can also send you some beats to listen to to see if you are interested. Chat with me privately on whatsapp @ 08136457655

Ok bro ... Kindly send me a pm... I don't have whatsapp

1 Like

Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by AsherStorm(m): 1:43am On Jul 13, 2015
younglawya:

Can do that for you. Holla @ me on 07037836881. I am an entertainment lawyer

Thanks sir... Will contact you

1 Like

Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by AsherStorm(m): 1:44am On Jul 13, 2015
SuperSuave:
weldone asherstorm . you really mean business. I pray everything works according to plan and you reap what you're sowing smiley

Amen and amen...
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by AsherStorm(m): 1:45am On Jul 13, 2015
ThimmyWood:
@Poster, Baba God bless your huddle bro.

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by AsherStorm(m): 1:46am On Jul 13, 2015
RapLawd:
Great Mind...

Wish you the best...

But mind those you sign as to evade Niggahz like S 2 Da K...
Lol... I'd put that in mind sir

1 Like

Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by AsherStorm(m): 1:48am On Jul 13, 2015
yurme:
Nyc1 op
Appreciate bro

1 Like

Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by AsherStorm(m): 1:49am On Jul 13, 2015
thegreengooner:

Please hit me up...let me see how I can support you or invest in your business venture.

How do I reach you bro.? DMs isn't getting to you
Thanks bro and God bless

1 Like

Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by AsherStorm(m): 1:57am On Jul 13, 2015
teknology:
08184385778 add me to your Whatsapp group bro

Ok bro... But for now I discontinued the group so the artistes won't worry abt the delay... Kindly add me on bbm 313b1607 or send me a text 08060389161

1 Like

Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by AsherStorm(m): 1:58am On Jul 13, 2015
say4gunit:

Once upon a rhyme and a time i was invincible
No one really care i was a victim to the principal
So they say I'm lazy, I'm too timid, I'm too flat, I'm too childish, I'm too quiet, I'm not ready, I'm too fat
And my confidence was little but my lyrics were atomic
I was busy being scared, was just sitting enjoying comics, i was trying to be romantic but my tactics were refused, now I'm getting charismatic even everyone's confused.
So this is for the bullies.... AsherStorm April 2011

Storyteller bro... One love

1 Like

Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by AsherStorm(m): 2:00am On Jul 13, 2015
Brytawon:
gringringrin
Sparkling white bro... Thanks

1 Like

Re: A nairalander's Music Studio Project (photos) by AsherStorm(m): 2:02am On Jul 13, 2015
carzola:
This guy nah thief ooo, studio infront of your mothers house, yet we cant see your mothers house in the picture just a tiny buildy in a isolated area, secondly dont tell me that small hut under construction is big enough to house a studio and a record lipsrsealed lipsrsealed my guy... u sef.

U don reach here again bah?
Go check thru the gallery if you must see my mama's house bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market / Politicians With Billions In Cash Move Against Naira Redesign / Femi Otedola Emerges Chairman Of First Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.