Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise (21544 Views)

Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? / Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? / Should I Take This Job ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 09, 2015
Please start from somewhere. But please don't think about getting married yet o cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 09, 2015
No way I'm taking such a ridiculous amount. undecided
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by denowo(m): 10:57am On Apr 09, 2015
My advice is to take the job and use it as an opportunity to get the much required experience, your focus now shouldn't be on the salary but on the experience you will gain and the opportunities such experience will afford you in the future. You are a graduate not only to earn good money but to have the ability to see beyond the present and further equip yourself, every day spent in a job is another extra day of experience, which after a year will be worth much more than the monetary benefits you will get from it. Your first 2 years of working should be about positioning your self by getting the right number of years and experience under your belt.

A good soup doesnt become edible the first minute you put it on the cooker, irrespective of the quality of the ingredients

Goodluck
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 09, 2015
Some jobs are not worth it. In as much as I agree that experience for a fresh graduate should be considered first before the pay but that would depend on the company in question.

Truth is, some companies kill you in the guise of giving you plausible experience and before you know it, you already have spent so many years slaving for them that you hardly have time for yourself, let alone have the time to search for another job.

As far as I am concerned, a graduate of your credentials should be looking out for a job that pays no less than 120k to 160k each month and until you find such job, you should always have your eyes out there searching.

Your full time job for now should be to actively search for a good and stable employment. Any company that deprives you of that shouldn't be considered.

If the current job opportunity has a great prospect for growth and the experience derived therein is relevant such that you wouldn't have any challenge applying for and attending interviews in other organisations, then you may want to accept the offer; otherwise kindly reject it.

You can get info from some of their employees on what the job entails.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by walemadu: 11:01am On Apr 09, 2015
the difference is that honesty is lacking in our country. a company like Haspol Jinim can start graduates on 40k to 60k but that improves on a yearly basis.

Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by AdeojoFolukeC(f): 11:01am On Apr 09, 2015
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by ephi123(f): 11:02am On Apr 09, 2015
These crappy Indians again.. undecided I don't blame them sha, it's our government I should face.

OP,
You've gotten good advice here, whatever choice you make, just be determined and focused. Life is a journey and it's not how you start (no matter how small) that determines where you end. All the best.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by film2(m): 11:03am On Apr 09, 2015
Never be discouraged by those who said u should not take up the job,most success stories in life doesn't come rosy just take it as a sacrifice for a better tomorrow bet me you won't regret it...Despise not the days of little beginnings...
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Originalsly: 11:10am On Apr 09, 2015
Hmmm...40k minus 16k for fare and 4k for others...at the end of each month you have 20k in your pocket.....another month of exposure to the work environment...of hands-on learning and experience....and another month of raising your worth. But this is if you accept the job. If you don't.....what would you benefit? Are you the last graduate?....other graduates would soon be joining the ranks and what would you have over them?...that you graduated before them? Remain in the job for six months...try to learn as much as you can...be punctual...be hard working...improve your qualifications at the same time. At the end of the probation start applying at other places. Never quit until you are hired by the next company. If the Indian company find you important to them....they will either match or offer you a higher salqry than the new employer.You have to stoop before you can conquer.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by akigbemaru: 11:18am On Apr 09, 2015
That money is too small for a graduate
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Mbkite(m): 11:22am On Apr 09, 2015
[quote
author=XBLadez post=32513257]It's too poor! Indians don't pay well. Why
the hell would you wanna work in a company owned by an Indian?
Sufferhead [/quote]

chai! U dnt understand, d young shall grow... U sound lyk an undergraduate
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by XBLadez: 11:25am On Apr 09, 2015
Mbkite:

chai! U dnt understand, d young shall grow... U sound lyk an undergraduate
Dude, I'm a graduate. And my working experience has shown me that working with Indians is not the best. They make u work ur head off and pay little. What's the essence of working if not to make money?
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by faithdee(f): 11:31am On Apr 09, 2015
LIVE UPDATE:Fatal shooting at Palace of Justice in Milan, Italy

11.16 am At least two people have been killed, including a court judge after a gunman opened fire in Milan’s Palace of Justice, officials said, adding that the suspect was still at large.

11.12 am Welcome to Live Update on Fatal shooting at Palace of Justice in Milan, Italy ,am Erezi Otobo for Gethope Magazine.
http://gethopemagazine.com/Live/Event/89/LIVE-UPDATEFatal-shooting-at-Palace-of-Justice-in-Milan-Italy-
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Mbkite(m): 11:32am On Apr 09, 2015
[quote
author=XBLadez post=32515137]
Dude, I'm a graduate. And my working experience has shown me that
working with Indians is not the best. They make u work ur head off and
pay little. What's the essence of working if not to make money?[/quote]

u hv an xperience already. Op, is jst a fresh graduate wit zero post Nysc xperience. He nids xperience 4 a beta job.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by mechanics(m): 11:43am On Apr 09, 2015
Guy 4 nw u ave to manage o, cut ur coat according to ur size, 4 nw accept d offer n do dat netwrk program.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by debbydee(f): 11:46am On Apr 09, 2015
Bros take the job but dont be lazy with it or get discouraged with the job. Indians don't pay well i work for an Indian company and believe you me after 4years exp my pay is not up to 45k i started off with 35k. . You are a man you need to go out and get something doing. God will help you. Also keep on job hunting.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:08pm On Apr 09, 2015
50k job at VI with almost 20k for tfare? Chai!
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by sammily(m): 12:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
I had same experience, got a job in an indian telecom servicing coy in VI also, pay was 50k then. I must tell you, working with Indians is not easy, they will use you wella but the good thing about it are;

* you will gain the necessary experience you need in this sector.
* as an engineer, you will likely be working on the field and you will be paid transport and accommodation allowance if need be.
* most importantly, if you maintain a good rapport with the staffs of the main operators and other telecoms coy which you will work with and if there is any internal vacancy, they will inform you and you can make your switch to a better coy.

You notice that MTN and the likes hardly employ fresh graduate engineers but rather experienced, its from similar servicing coys like this that they get their engineers from, so take the job and get your experience like most of us did and move on in time to a better place.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by micktoxin(m): 12:20pm On Apr 09, 2015
2:1 in Electrical/ Electronics and still getting offered 40k. Don't know what to make of this, but that is a slave salary in Nigeria. Op can you tell us which uni you got your degree from? Do you have a masters? A little more Academic info(mini CV without personal info.) about you will be helpful.

Regards
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by funluvy78(f): 12:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
A drop of water makes an ocean,I don't know where u stay but I want u to understand that dr will be days when ur bus fare will be irregular,that is ,higher than what u imagined,
Secondly,how will u cope with feeding or won't u eat?pls think about it and weigh the +ve&-ve effects, but then if its just for 6mths,try to persevere,if ur salary isn't reviewed after 6mths then u can leave.Pls don't forget that these people also expect you to dress well,not that you will receive an allowance for clothes o,they expect you to take it from the meagre salary they are going to give u,It is well!!

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by KELVIN086: 12:49pm On Apr 09, 2015
this is why i prefer having a degree in pharmacy/medicine than to be a 2.1 engine grad
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Od31(m): 12:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
Moyosoreola:
I just got a job in a growing indian telecommunication company in VI as a Graduate Trainee Network Engineer. I am a 2-1 graduate of Elect/elect and the only experience I have is computer hardware troubleshooting and repair.

It all started after the submission of my application and I was called for an interview.

The indian interviewer made me realise that it's graduate trainee level I can be for now since I don't have a Networking Experience and that I will be on probation for 6months before appraisal and subsequent upgrade to a full staff and the monthly salary is 50k .

The story changed when I was called to the office for further briefing the following week about the offer when another Indian guy interviewed me and told me that the actual salary for trainee is 40k and asked me when I would loved to resume?

My main problem is I'm staying far and my t-fare to and fro is 16k/month.

Please guys help me review the offer. Is it worth it? God bless you as you do.

You obviously need the experience to be able to get a well paying Job. Please I will advice you take the job and get some experience. Dont look at the money yet, just look at the necessary experience you will acquire for now.
For sure, it will not take too long to acquired the necessary experience that will put up for a Good and well paying job. Am speaking from experience.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
Take it so you will have a place to be while waiting for another job. Hope you dont have to work saturdays
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by biodex(m): 1:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
my brother the experience matters, the Indians guy don't pay, I worked with Lebanese for 4 months before God opened another way for me, but I learnt a lot from the Lebanese people, was earning 30k as a graduate then, but now I earned more now in my present place of work, d experience is what matters.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by ndcide(m): 1:30pm On Apr 09, 2015
good replies so far. Just that some persons are looking at it from the " new graduate" angle. Look, these Indians don't like paying good remuneration simple.

I challenge the so called experienced graduates to tell us the truth, if they earn competitive wage in these Indian companies around.

@op, this is what may happen. After 6 months, they'll add 5k to it and give you a confirmation letter. thereafter, say 10k. you may not earn up to 80k three years from now.

I know what I'm telling you.

Just pray and take a decision.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by SIRTee15: 2:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
Skywalker5:
Men Nigerians are suffering. 50K per month and the government will say they are bringing investors into the country.

@op, you don't have a choice. you need to get experience

You guys are funny sha
So what type of foreign investors are u expecting in a third world company
Nigeria and Nigerians simply don't have what it takes to attract high paying jobs into the country.
If we are really serious about diversification and industrialisation, then we will use our comparative advantage and competitive edge to attract the right kind of investors.
And cheap labour is one of it.
Sorry, but that's the way it is.
Ask China.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by phetty(m): 2:17pm On Apr 09, 2015
Olutola88:
This is the Level our Leaders have dragged us to. Imagine an Indian coming to exploit us in our own country. I'm sure that motherfucking Indian is a Nobody in his home country but now a local champion in the so-called Giant of Africa. I thought they said we got Independence in 1960; We are nothing but slaves

OP, since you can't change the situation for now, I'll advise you accept the offer if and only if

1. You really wanna build a career in that field( Don't just be jumping around)

2. You are sure the job will give you the time to honour Test and Interview invitations from reasonable coys

Olutola, thanks for the second point. People didn't look in that direction

Indians are funny set of people. I'm really conversant with Indian companies. They can go as far as instructing the personnel officers not to dish out 'excuse from duty.' However, if you proved stubborn, they would show you they are more stubborn.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by ladykilllar: 2:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
Venom104:
Your own even better.. 2.1 Bsc and distinction in MSc Architecture.. but i dey earn 20k.. E go better sha.. we all have to start from somewhere

Mehn this one tough oo
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Herapal(m): 3:03pm On Apr 09, 2015
Moyosoreola you've heard it all. Take the job for now. OR contact me.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Ojochegbe1(m): 3:18pm On Apr 09, 2015
MKO4ever:
too small abeg
Too small for a university graduate
But you may accept it if you are a Polytechnic graduate.
awkward, this really shows how u reasoned...those collect 30m in house of assembly do they have certificate embarassed
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by halimat38(f): 3:32pm On Apr 09, 2015
Moyosoreola:
I just got a job in a growing indian telecommunication company in VI as a Graduate Trainee Network Engineer. I am a 2-1 graduate of Elect/elect and the only experience I have is computer hardware troubleshooting and repair.

It all started after the submission of my application and I was called for an interview.

The indian interviewer made me realise that it's graduate trainee level I can be for now since I don't have a Networking Experience and that I will be on probation for 6months before appraisal and subsequent upgrade to a full staff and the monthly salary is 50k .

The story changed when I was called to the office for further briefing the following week about the offer when another Indian guy interviewed me and told me that the actual salary for trainee is 40k and asked me when I would loved to resume?

My main problem is I'm staying far and my t-fare to and fro is 16k/month.

Please guys help me review the offer. Is it worth it? God bless you as you do.

No that is no money it's like $200 per month,I leave in California and i make $1800 every two weeks my rent monthly is $925 and my car note is $380 excluding car insurance and other bills,but at the end i still have little to put aside Nja should step up and do the right thing they can't treat people like animals ........

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by stepo707: 4:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
nawaoooooooo......guy still chill first something better might come soon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Interview With ARM Life Plc / Massive Recruitment At Action Against Hunger (ACF)-49 Positions / Ecobank Nigeria Is Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.