Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,713 members, 7,955,686 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:47 PM

Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise (21723 Views)

Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? / Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? / Should I Take This Job ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
EggovinMma:
Please start from somewhere. But please don't think about getting married yet o cheesy
exactly my problem with meager paying jobs..which time man pikin go marry?.. angry sad

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 09, 2015
debbydee:
Bros take the job but dont be lazy with it or get discouraged with the job. Indians don't pay well i work for an Indian company and believe you me after 4years exp my pay is not up to 45k i started off with 35k. . You are a man you need to go out and get something doing. God will help you. Also keep on job hunting.
the goverment needs to act fast with these greedy indians..how can you be earning 45k after 4 years of experience??...why cant you leave them?
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Taofiq007: 5:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
Imagine!!!! Indians, making. You slaves in yur fatherland shocked. U knw how much is 40,000naira in Indian rupees? 40,000*190/62=12,2580indian rupees! Just a stipends and you call that a salary? angry God pls deliver my country frm all these forces drawing us to ruin cry cry
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by excess4luv: 5:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
MKO4ever:
too small abeg
Too small for a university graduate
But you may accept it if you are a Polytechnic graduate.
must u mention polytechnic in this issue?? Who told you polytechnic graduates are mentally poor?? U hardly see a polytechnic graduate with 3.30 with no experience, coming from the respected Elect/Elect.
I just hate when people always show how narrow minded they are in a public forum.
Meanwhile, the guy should pick up the job and develop the needed experience not limited to computer networking but also try to acquire CCNA certificate to add value to your experience. I once lost the opportunity to get trained in NIIT back then.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by holusormi(m): 5:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
I would say work there , gather experience and continue job hunting . But Indians are hard slave masters you won't have time to even apply to job sites talk less going for any interview , yes they would use you that hard !!! I almost slapped the one at aptech when I went to get approval to go to aptech India .... So bro u in a tough circle here , wish u the best of luck in whatever u decide , but remember its life , better opportunities will always come ... The fear of Indian and Lebanese bosses is the beginning of work wisdom
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 09, 2015
Ill advice you to take the job and create an exit plan, Give yourself a deadline. 3 months, 6 months, Create exit plan AB C n even D. Give urself options. A. Might be to actively look for job while keeping yourself busy with d current job B. Might be after 6 months i, m out to do a training on SAP, UNIX, data Analytics and the likes basically A skill that willl always be relevant(probably out of the country) or if you can get a good place in d country. Somthing interesting., option B will only be activated if option A doesn't work out. Option C might be a business plan. just create plans. You should be smart enough to know what should be done. trust me the job will add to what ever you already know and probably give you a different view about life itself. Dont ever sit down at home doing nothing.I dont know your age. but i know you might not be less than 23, FYI 20, 19 yr old guys are already working in dis country.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
My brother we don't have a choice. We are slaves in our own country. No one is fighting for Nigerian workers, the government does not care. It's a sad situation.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Parisfran(f): 8:05pm On Apr 09, 2015
The only reason you should take the job is so that you can have experience. So just mark a calender and promise your self to spend just 6 months to 1 year there. Make sure you apply for job every week and don't miss interviews for any reason. If you don't work with that mindset you will see yourself there is 5 yrs with 55k pay and no BIK
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Fundamentalist: 8:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
Moyosoreola:
I just got a job in a growing indian telecommunication company in VI as a Graduate Trainee Network Engineer. I am a 2-1 graduate of Elect/elect and the only experience I have is computer hardware troubleshooting and repair.

It all started after the submission of my application and I was called for an interview.

The indian interviewer made me realise that it's graduate trainee level I can be for now since I don't have a Networking Experience and that I will be on probation for 6months before appraisal and subsequent upgrade to a full staff and the monthly salary is 50k .

The story changed when I was called to the office for further briefing the following week about the offer when another Indian guy interviewed me and told me that the actual salary for trainee is 40k and asked me when I would loved to resume?

My main problem is I'm staying far and my t-fare to and fro is 16k/month.

Please guys help me review the offer. Is it worth it? God bless you as you do.

Same thing Lebanese pay fresh graduate from school they will use YOU. but the experience matter. If you want to work with them you should be ready for funny and ABUSIVE statements
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Heymus(m): 8:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
MKO4ever:
too small abeg
Another idiotik dude in the making. Smh
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by coolest01(m): 3:30am On Apr 10, 2015
I haven't even read what u wrote, but since u're contemplating whether to accept a job being offered to u or not, kindly pass the job to me. I'll gladly accept. Please.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by gaby85(m): 6:43am On Apr 10, 2015
Naija which way forward? Bro just take it for a start and then never relent in your search for better offer.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Moyosoreola(m): 8:18am On Apr 10, 2015
micktoxin:
2:1 in Electrical/ Electronics and still getting offered 40k. Don't know what to make of this, but that is a slave salary in Nigeria. Op can you tell us which uni you got your degree from? Do you have a masters? A little more Academic info(mini CV without personal info.) about you will be helpful.

Regards

Am a graduate of Unilorin no master's yet.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Moyosoreola(m): 8:26am On Apr 10, 2015
Herapal:
Moyosoreola you've heard it all. Take the job for now. OR contact me.

Ok sir I av contacted you any offer.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by debbydee(f): 10:45am On Apr 10, 2015
IzonOwei:
the goverment needs to act fast with these greedy indians..how can you be earning 45k after 4 years of experience??...why cant you leave them?

Mine is even better there are people where i work that has put in 6 or 7 years and he is on 50k

Well. I am yet to get exactly what i want. Thank God i have been able to start my Biz from here cos of the opportunity i discovered.
I am patiently waiting for some thing better and less stress.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by DaGeneral(m): 1:39pm On Apr 10, 2015
MKO4ever:
too small abeg
Thats an insult my guy...Dats how some u deceive urself dat u are bsc holders n goof wen we get to d field..mtschew..
@op I will advice u tk the job..I hv HND and worked in an India company for 30k n was going 4m ago palace way to Sango ota..I was able to score a better job after 6months with dat experience, right now the story has changed..d urge to know kept me going..
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by geekybabe(f): 1:43pm On Apr 10, 2015
icebeatz:

You cant make any serious networking in a company that pays you 40k.
Loool... na only suffer head people u ho see there.

Lol. that's rather myopic of you to say. you don't understand what building a network in your field is all about. you don't even need a job to start building networks. Information is key. And by the way..it's not just any kind of company. It's a tech company. it's big.

you probably don't know how the tech ecosystem is in Lagos..that's why.

Take your eyes of money for a start. Build experience. be a part of a team. you won't be there forever.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 10, 2015
geekybabe:

Lol. that's rather myopic of you to say. you don't understand what building a network in your field is all about. you don't even need a job to start building networks. Information is key. And by the way..it's not just any kind of company. It's a tech company. it's big.

you probably don't know how the tech ecosystem is in Lagos..that's why.

Take your eyes of money for a start. Build experience. be a part of a team. you won't be there forever.

Looool... I work in lagos... any company that cant pay their starters up to 80k isnt a big company and if you join such company for networking, you will be disappointed. Of couse, you will gain some experience but networking might not really work cos nanpoor man pikin dey full that kain company... im not dissing, its just a fact.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 10, 2015
debbydee:

Mine is even better there are people where i work that has put in 6 or 7 years and he is on 50k

Well. I am yet to get exactly what i want. Thank God i have been able to start my Biz from here cos of the opportunity i discovered.
I am patiently waiting for some thing better and less stress.
this is really crazy..hmmm...may Jah be with you all...
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by homiben(m): 3:09pm On Apr 10, 2015
fresh graduates sometimes volunteer in order to gain experience. lucky u; getting paid to get trained... atleast, thats wat I told myself... Moyosoreola, I see you...
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by geekybabe(f): 5:33pm On Apr 10, 2015
icebeatz:

Looool... I work in lagos... any company that cant pay their starters up to 80k isnt a big company and if you join such company for networking, you will be disappointed. Of couse, you will gain some experience but networking might not really work cos nanpoor man pikin dey full that kain company... im not dissing, its just a fact.

to each man is own. how many people are privileged to get the big companies? A bird in hand is worth more than 2 in d air.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 12:21am On Apr 11, 2015
geekybabe:

to each man is own. how many people are privileged to get the big companies? A bird in hand is worth more than 2 in d air.

true that. But my kinda person would never settle for less.
instead of slaving for 50k, its better to start your own small business and probably make over 50k per month. That's just me.
50k is not worth it but like i said it, if he is sure he will gain super experience there, then he should take it by all means.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by nnemak(m): 6:58am On Apr 13, 2015
Moyosoreola:
I just got a job in a growing indian telecommunication company in VI as a Graduate Trainee Network Engineer. I am a 2-1 graduate of Elect/elect and the only experience I have ......

Moyo... you have been given lots of advice : mine is take the job, because I am 200% sure that if that so called Indian firm puts up that job ad for no salary, the role would be filled in hours!
I also know that if you concentrate and learn a lot in the 1st 6 month, and write 2 exams ( CCNA, ITIL or SECURITY etc) in the other 6 months you would standout in your next Job interview as you would have improved both in soft skill and technical.

Let's look at it this way; suppose you reject this offer and keep applying and never get called for job test/interview until a MOBIL Graduate Job is advertised in Dec 2015?

If you are interviewed with this 6month experience ( Plus networking training and certification) with the Indian firm or NO Experience at all, which do you think MOBIL would likely employ?

Even without learning anything in the Indian place, the fact that you are working would make you attractive to employers and you as an individual would have a bold attitude(confidence) and would not be (or look) too desperate for the job!

During my time over 12 years ago, the firm wasn't willing to pay up to that and I happily took it...I also happily took off to their client after a few months and some certification.( looking back now, I was even over busy working when one of the client rep tapped me and told of an opportunity and asked if I was interested? The pay raise was so much that I resigned from my new role.....LOL).

NO STOPPING, KEEP MOVING......
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Moyosoreola(m): 10:49am On Nov 15, 2022
I am now a big boy earning like x 10 of the then pay, now in one of the top group of companies, (a multinational) and to add this is my 3rd Jobs after the first Indian firm. I also tried to support a lot of other Nigerians. May God be with all of you.[i][/i]

3 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by pheelhip(m): 11:49am On Nov 15, 2022
Moyosoreola:
I am now a big boy earning like x 10 of the then pay, now in one of the top group of companies, (a multinational) and to add this is my 3rd Jobs after the first Indian firm. I also tried to support a lot of other Nigerians. May God be with all of you.[i][/i]
Congratulations �
Was looking forward to getting a feedback from you.

Best wishes Moyo
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by pheelhip(m): 11:49am On Nov 15, 2022
Moyosoreola:
Congratulations
Was looking forward to getting a feedback from you.

Best wishes Moyo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GE Africa Early Career Development Program - Nigeria Graduate Trainee / Npower: 2017 Or 2018 Npower Starts On March. / One Year After, Jonathan Gives Immigration Recruitment Victims Money, Jobs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.