Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,292 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) (107825 Views)

Break Down Of September 2016 Allocation To States / Grand Total Federal Allocation To States From May 2015 To June 2016 / Federal Allocation To States For The Month Of July 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by Jwonder4eva: 10:36am On Apr 09, 2015
johnsonjosbles:
yoruba can survive without oil and ur useless people who flood lagos,butur people cannever survive even with ur oil. were

Lazy Coward!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by monex(m): 10:38am On Apr 09, 2015
baby124:
Lagos should get no less than 500bn as we are carrying the dead weight of other states who refuse to do anything except chop money, while their people run to Lagos en mass looking for opportunity. More money must be allocated to Lagos from the other states till they get themselves right. No more slave work for Lagos. Plus we deserve 10-20% of whatever our ports bring in. That should be our own derivation

Huge internally generated revenue is what Lagos gets for its population. Ports are not natural resources. the port in Lagos is owned by the FG. the lekki deepsea port will be jointly owned.

PH has a port too

1 Like

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by Scatterboss(m): 10:38am On Apr 09, 2015
OperationIgrigi:

**grins** You are such a learner. remove the 'boss' in front of your name. It's useless. SMH

I regret ever quoting you, thought you are more matured now and have desist from all these tribal jargons. Wish you well.

1 Like

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by anonimi: 10:38am On Apr 09, 2015
GodMode:
There's oil in Ondo... Which accounts for over 25% of the oil generated in Nigeria.

Please share with us the source of your 25% Ondo oil revenue.
Thanks.
Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by cee001(m): 10:39am On Apr 09, 2015
So what is the issue now?Can we see that corruption has eaten deep into the fabrics of this nation?Eliminating corruption from the system from the picture solve 3/4 of Nigeria's problems. I pray GMB with the help of God effects his stand against this menace that has postured itself like an untouchable monument in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by sweetgala(m): 10:40am On Apr 09, 2015
CHM11:

Good, and that crowd of civil servants are being productive in what way? Its not about being employed and sitting in an office signing and typing useless papers. You must be outstandingly productive.
I feel most ministries in Nigeria should be merged into one. Too many idle hands receiving millions yearly.

Those guys are rather productive and honest, I can vouch osun for that, a main concern is their pensions.

To be sincere Nigeria needs to diversify , oil is nothing compared to our other resources Iron Ore, boxite bitumen , tin, land .

With that the sharing formulae needs to be changed to reflect states size, economic needs and population distribution.

It is never going to be fair for a small land mass like Lagos with a population of over 16 million to not have a population bonus. That is the FG abandoning it's citizens based on ethnicity and have ND gain such a surplus of what is required to develop it to an acceptable standard.

When SW was remiting all its cocoa money to FG in Lagos this present formula did not exist

1 Like

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by GodMode: 10:41am On Apr 09, 2015
lovat:
I'm not holding brief for Bayelsa state govt but

do you know that Bayelsa State has 70% water and 30% land, it cost far more constructing infrastructure there than in lagos.

Do you that lagos is 80% water and 20% land... There are four islands in lagos.

1 Like

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by heneversleep: 10:42am On Apr 09, 2015
We Nigerians need to stop deluding ourselves, the change we want can only be achieved through revolution and complete overhaul of our national polity, what we need are new laws to curb corruption and for effective governments. Those politicians and our national leader are so shameless now that they can be APC today and be PDP tomorrow just for the purpose of milking us dry, we need to stop this tribal war and speak as ONE.

4 Likes

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by BERNHARDT(m): 10:43am On Apr 09, 2015
baby124:

What is the population of akwa ibom that they are entitled to that much money compres to Lagos? Is their allocation not that high because of derivation and natural resource? Based on the population of Lagos, we should get more money, and also we have a natural port. We should also be getting a derivation for that. I expect the Lagos senators to fight for this, and for the FG to be fair about that in this dispensation. We are entitled to a percentage of the proceeds from our port. End of story. You can't do for one state and give excuses to another. Besides we carry the weight of the country on such little allocation. What rubbish. It's an outrage.
bring your militants to fight for it,ND militant fought,what are you waiting for?
Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 09, 2015
asala1:

In 2013

1] South-South -N285 Billion.
2] North-West -N157 Billion.
3] South-West -N127 Billion.
4] North-East -N109 Billion.
5] North-Central -N105 Billion.
6] South-East -N85 Billion.
7] FCT Abuja -N3.2 Billion.
8] Federal Government -N730 Billion.
9] NCS/FIR -N6 Billion.

10 ] TOTAL ALLOCATION: N1.6 Trillion.

The Igbos have completely ignored the argument of how much each geopolitical zones of Nigeria contributed to the Federation Account. I present you the details of how much was contributed by each geopolitical zones to the Federation Account:

1] South-South -N479 Billion.
2] North-West -N20 Billion.
3] South-West -N339 Billion.
4] North-East -N5 Billion.
5] North-Central -N15 Billion.
6] South-East - N10 Billion.
7] FCT Abuja -N 0 Billion.
8] Federal Government -N 0 Billion.
9] NCS/FIR -N 0 Billion.

10] TOTAL CONTRIBUTION:

http://nigerdeltastandard.com/Post-federation_account_allocation__who_is_short_changing_who_#sthash.710oaz1z.dpuf

y dont u rank it too, on financial worth of d federal govt presence in each geo political zones... from federal ministries, to ports built by fg, to housing to roads etc... let's see if really the igbos are cheating anybody...
Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by Kennywills7(m): 10:45am On Apr 09, 2015
Feraz:
Honestly, when I visited Delta state and compared the allocation the state gets, I asked my coursemates from there what their governor does with it and they couldn't say much.
They do nothing wit it
They simply share d money among themselves in government
Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by Raypawer(m): 10:46am On Apr 09, 2015
baby124:

What is the population of akwa ibom that they are entitled to that much money compres to Lagos? Is their allocation not that high because of derivation and natural resource? Based on the population of Lagos, we should get more money, and also we have a natural port. We should also be getting a derivation for that. I expect the Lagos senators to fight for this, and for the FG to be fair about that in this dispensation. We are entitled to a percentage of the proceeds from our port. End of story. You can't do for one state and give excuses to another. Besides we carry the weight of the country on such little allocation. What rubbish. It's an outrage.

oh boy... you think its by carrying population?? when you don't contribute much to the federal pocket you get 33billion from igr nd you still complain have you been to Ibeno in Akwa Ibom to see the high level of exploration (crude oil) done by ExxonMobil its only n Akwa Ibom a single company owns 16oil tanks and export a minimum of 1million barrels a day nd some days two. calculate what goes out from Akwa Ibom each day then you will see!

minimum of 1000000 barrels a day

a barrel of oil = $52

minimum sales a day = $52 million.

convert $52 million to Naira.

multiply that by 31 days.

then in all 60% of all income goes to federal pocket.

can Lagos State generate that

Akwa Ibom nd other high oil exporting States deserves more!

1 Like

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by Feraz(m): 10:47am On Apr 09, 2015
lygn19:
y dont u rank it too, on financial worth of d federal govt in each geo political zones... from federal ministries, to ports built by fg, to housing to roads etc... let's see if really the igbos are cheating anybody...
Bro, the link is not working. I clicked on it to see things for myself but was disappointed. . .
Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by jaybee(f): 10:47am On Apr 09, 2015
falseman:
Those figures are true. You can also check the one for previous years. I feel bad we all hold federal government responsible while the real thieves who are the governors are neglected. Each state get their allocation every year now for a state like Delta you multiply that by 8 years then you find out half of that money is likely to be missing.

My friend, you are too shallow and myopic on this case.

Ad all the allocations to the states and local governments it is NOT up to what the federal government allocates to herself. Now note that the federal government has no land area or people associated with them, safe civil servants and some specific property within the states. Even FCT collects one of the highest allocations amongst the states. Federal government is the biggest culprit in this scam called revenue allocation. Be wise.

2 Likes

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by DonDiego(m): 10:47am On Apr 09, 2015
Feraz:
Click on the link, it is not working. Try it and tell me if it works. . .

The dubious link is not opening from here either.
Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by anonimi: 10:50am On Apr 09, 2015
monex:
Huge internally generated revenue is what Lagos gets for its population. Ports are not natural resources. the port in Lagos is owned by the FG. the lekki deepsea port will be jointly owned.

PH has a port too

Calabar also has a port that was REVIVED by Jonathan as part of overall TRANSFORMATION of our socio-economic landscape for greater industrialisation and increased EMPLOYMENT for our youths.

On November 17, 2014, when President Goodluck Jonathan flagged off the operations of the Calabar Channel Management (CCM), a joint venture company between Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA) and Messrs Niger Global Engineering and Technical Company Limited, for the dredging of the Calabar Port, many did not give the project a chance.

This was because the Federal Government had in the past, made several investments in the dredging of the Calabar Port so as to ensure safe navigation, but such efforts had failed to work despite the huge sum that had been invested in them.

But barely four months after the flag-off, which was performed by the Minister of Transport, Senator Idris Umar on behalf of the President, the port has come to life again with vessels of between 7.5 and 7.8 metres sailing into it.

The contractors are presently carrying out capital and maintenance dredging of the water channel well known for its shallow draught that has hampered bigger vessels from coming into the port in the last decades.

So far, CCM has deployed dredgers, survey vessels, buoy tender, wreck removal cranes and other ancillary marine crafts to the water channel for its operation.

For maritime watchers, it is a strong indication that robust business activities would, in the next couple of months, begin to take place in Calabar and would, no doubt, change the face of the state, hitherto regarded as sleepy. It would also change the entire South-South states that would benefit from efficient service delivery at the port.

This effort, stakeholders insist, is coming at a period of renewed global interest in trade and investment in the Nigeria maritime sector.

More from: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=106754

Let us hope the "change" merchants will not CANCEL and REVERSE these progress achieved under the Jonathan administration in its five years!
Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by Jwonder4eva: 10:51am On Apr 09, 2015
GodMode:

That's why if the Yorubas annex the SW the rest of Nigeria is almost finished...

Other states should work towards been independent of Lagos...

LoL!!! Dreamer! 80% if Lagos IGR is gotten from taxation of Igbo business men, so if yoruba decide to annex lagos, Non-Indigens will leave and lagos is Finished....... tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 09, 2015
sweetgala:

Only the SW and SS get shortchanged in this country , while the SS has the State governments and Ministry of ND , SW does not get same treatment even worse is the population difference
southsouth has state govt, ministry of Niger delta affairs, NDDC, and amnesty benefits.
Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by CHM11: 10:53am On Apr 09, 2015
GodMode:

There's oil in Ondo... Which accounts for over 25% of the oil generated in Nigeria.
Its a big lie, 25percent from ondo...hahahahahahahahahahahah....
have you heard of the 80-20 oil production in Nigeria? ...mehn Ondo is second to Last in terms of oil production in Nigeria, get your facts right.

See image.

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by DonDiego(m): 10:55am On Apr 09, 2015
You are actually the shallow one. The FG has matters on its exclusive list which the states dont bother about: Foreign Affairs, Defence etc. Do you know how much it costs to maintain embassies in over 120 countries around the world? Have you thought of how much to keep the Army, Airforce, Navy and DSS along with their operation equipment? What of the Police, Customs, Civil Defence, Prisons, Customs, Road Safety etc? Think about those and deepen your knowledge.

jaybee:

My friend, you are too shallow and myopic on this case.

Ad all the allocations to the states and local governments it is NOT up to what the federal government allocates to herself. Now note that the federal government has no land area or people associated with them, safe civil servants and some specific property within the states. Even FCT collects one of the highest allocations amongst the states. Federal government is the biggest culprit in this scam called revenue allocation. Be wise.
Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by mikeczay: 10:56am On Apr 09, 2015
i am tired of the status quo in nigeria and i want us to start a revolution. lets talk about this. like and quote if you support

2 Likes

Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by 4C2215131: 10:58am On Apr 09, 2015
GodMode:

Why do people like you think the SW major natural resource is Cocoa and groundnut

The whole of Nigeria is over blessed with Natural resources...

Used it as a reference point. Anyways, what's wrong in having Cocoa as a viable natural resource. Must you have oil or diamonds to make you feel you have an economically viable resource. Remember that Sierra Leone with all its diamonds, conflict and otherwise isin't worth a rat's behind in the comity of nations.

So, its what you do with your resources, your cocoa that matter far more than what kind you are blessed with, afterall, oil is just a useless carbonaceous substance til it is refined, then, nations fight over it.
Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 09, 2015
fergiiosugo:
If this is true,i find it hard to believe. Considering the infrastructure and the high level of poverty in my state,Delta state. I find this hard to believe. I spent 15 years in the United State. The very moment I visited Delta state Nigeria I wept. I didn't spend more than 3 days there. I think Siberia is better than most states in Nigeria.
In fact corruption has ruined us. Imaging a nuisance in my neighbourhood here in lagos always going to sabotage the phcn transformers in order for him to always exploit the residents of the area. The problem of corruption is at all levels,every Nigerian is guilty,but quick to accuse others.
Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by IGBOSON1: 11:02am On Apr 09, 2015
buJu234:
I think the most corrupt region in this country is the SS (esp.Niger-delta) region with Delta & Bayelsa state occupying 1 & 2 position.
followed by the SE before the North then lastly the SW.

the total fund tht the SE & SS received annually is far more than the budget of some small african countries; yet they re far developed than the SE & SS regions.

please note am from the SS

am not saying there is no corruption in the SW but i think in their looting they still develop their places & their people unlike the Niger-delta states where jst one kingpin like Ibori;Lucky;Alams;Diezani;Tompolo; Udema; Kalu; PEG etc jst hold all the fund to themselves.

SE & SS should stop disturbing & blaming the North & the SW for their predicaments but they should go home and fight their leaders

^^^Shut up! See this one yarning cra'p thinking he's saying something reasonable!

What studies have you done to show corruption is rife more in the South East than South West of North!

If you're looking at Lagos (and maybe Ogun) in relation to states in the South East, bear in mind that Lagos is the nations economic/commercial hub (with Ogun benefiting based on its close proximity); as against the entire South East that was abandoned for decades by the federal gov't.....leaving the states in the region to fend for themselves, and -with a hand tied behind their backs- at a distinct disadvantage! I say 'a hand tied behind their backs' because the federal gov't never cared to provide the necessary enablers that would have assisted the region to compete on a level playing field with others! Enablers like: a river port at Onitsha; a functional int'l airport at Enugu; provision of infrastructure like highways, bridges, flyovers, etc in our cities like has been done for Lagos (and to a lesser extent- kano and kaduna); a functional deep sea port at Ibaka; etc-etc-etc!

Despite all this wickedness (and the shenanigans that went on as regards state creation in the then Eastern Region in 1966) the South East hasn't sunk!

So put things in perspective when commenting, and compare like-for-like!
Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by IGBOSON1: 11:06am On Apr 09, 2015
mikeczay:
i am tired of the status quo in nigeria and i want us to start a revolution. lets talk about this. like and quote if you support

^^^Bros, don't expect everyone to join in your revolution!

Some have got the change they're yearning for......and if you suggest changing the status-quo they'll just laugh you out of the room! wink
Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by Bizibi(m): 11:07am On Apr 09, 2015
lygn19:
d reason y cross river state is good, or wud I say was good is dat before now cross river state used to receive Akwa ibom a state crude oil allocations for years,,, dz continued until Akwa ibom sued them to court and there was boundary adjustment and dz oil wells were returned, before now, Akwa ibom state cudnt open der mouth wen a state like Rivers was talking talkless of Lagos, but now things hv changed, and am happy for them.
OK,in Niger delta I do envy akwa-ibom and cross rivers state,I just wish delta state will join them,I don't know if these states have factories but if they don't then they should look at that angle......
Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by GodMode: 11:09am On Apr 09, 2015
4C2215131:

Used it as a reference point. Anyways, what's wrong in having Cocoa as a viable natural resource. Must you have oil or diamonds to make you feel you have an economically viable resource. Remember that Sierra Leone with all its diamonds, conflict and otherwise isin't worth a rat's behind in the comity of nations.

So, its what you do with your resources, your cocoa that matter far more than what kind you are blessed with, afterall, oil is just a useless carbonaceous substance til it is refined, then, nations fight over it.

Cocoa is already been utilised... Every natural resources is useless until it is explored.. Other resources need to be explored cos they would provide employment opportunities.
Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by martineverest(m): 11:11am On Apr 09, 2015
No state have use its money judiciously......see d revenue of the state compare it with d population of the state and do ur calculation.
sauceny:
Akwa ibom is the only state i could say used theirs judiciously...
Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by IGBOSON1: 11:14am On Apr 09, 2015
Can anyone tell me why Imo and Rivers states are not benefiting anything substantial from their Palm Oil plantations? I don't understand this knowing how indispensable Palm Oil is to so many products!

This is one of my annoyances with Rochas in Imo; to much talk and little financial benefits! sad
Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by Feraz(m): 11:17am On Apr 09, 2015
DonDiego:

The dubious link is not opening from here either.
The mods need to check people who post wrong information. I wonder why we also are bitter. We post an article and take only the ones that suit us while discarding the rest. Before you know it now, another person will copy and paste and it becomes the norm in the forum.
Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by jaydee87(m): 11:17am On Apr 09, 2015
falseman:
Those figures are true. You can also check the one for previous years. I feel bad we all hold federal government responsible while the real thieves who are the governors are neglected. Each state get their allocation every year now for a state like Delta you multiply that by 8 years then you find out half of that money is likely to be missing.
right but what about the federal allocations and the return most of the state gives back..
let be realistic the fed govt no try atall..
Re: Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) by mikeczay: 11:18am On Apr 09, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Bros, don't expect everyone to join in your revolution!

Some have got the change they're yearning for......and if you suggest changing the status-quo they'll just laugh you out of the room! wink
let them laugh! youths will bear the brunt of the whole craze if they refuse to act. minimum wage is 18k, school fees increasing by the day, no jobs while they gulp down billions. NIGERIAN LAWMAKERS ARE THE HIGHEST PAID IN THE WORLD! Imagine Newspaper Allowance Almost 2m. That Cash Can Start Bisunesses That Will Employ Others. Either They Do The Right Thing Or They Die! Kill The Fat Corrupt Bastards!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

2023 Elections: Abuja Results / Obi Cubana Received Backlash, Forced To Delete His Post On Facebook - Pics / See The Corpses Of Alex Badeh And His Driver (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.