Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,571 members, 7,812,843 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Why Young Women Often Date Older Men - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Young Women Often Date Older Men (47576 Views)

Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men / Reasons Why Girls/ladies Date Older Guys. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by TYPOP(m): 5:31pm On Mar 23, 2006
chinani:

@ TYPOP
who's the footballer in your profile picture?

@chinani

That is a very good player and we (GUNNERS) love him so much. People call him King HENRY. The real name is Thierry Henry. He is a player of Arsenal. Do you play soccer or watch it?
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by alj(m): 6:03pm On Mar 23, 2006
i really cannot think of anyone i know male or female that has dated anyone anymore than 10 years older or younger. does this really happen as often as people say it does or is it just another myth? if i knew a man my age (32) was dating a girl of say 18 to 22 i would regard him as a bit immature perhaps scared of being an adult ( unless she were an exceptional young woman like rhodalyn or hot angel) perhaps i will change as i get older but right now i find it a bit sick.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by chinani(f): 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2006
@ TYPOP

I do occasionally play soccer. But I have NO natural talent for it and require skilled "coaching". grin I love to watch though. The energy and athleticism is awesome.

@ alj

Is that what this topic is about? A 10 year age gap? I honestly don't know b/c I didn't read ALL of the former answers/questions. I've certainly never dated anyone that old but when I was 17 I had my very first job and this man in his mid/late 30s kept following me around asking me out. He couldn't take my polite "No thank you" so finally one day an older girl (22) was like, "So at you're next birthday will you be 35 or more like 38? What'll think your wife will get you?" Turns out he was married, but that's another story. . .

alj:

if i knew a man my age (32) was dating a girl of say 18 to 22 i would regard him as a bit immature perhaps scared of being an adult ( unless she were an exceptional young woman like rhodalyn or hot angel) perhaps i will change as i get older but right now i find it a bit sick.

It is kind of sleazy from the g.u.y's point of view. What if the girl's really, really mature for her age. I mean if women are usually 3-5 years more mature than a man and she's really mature for her age, isn't a man 10 years her senior, just her size I'm curious about what you think.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by alj(m): 6:39pm On Mar 23, 2006
@ chinani - i am that most unusual of things ,a Nigerian man that regards woman to be equal to men in ever social, economic and political way. i would not normally have a friend that was so much younger ,as i do not think they would have the same interests as i. how much more a life partner! i am hoping to marry before i get much older and i would not want to steal a young womans youth from her i would much rather an established and educated woman around my age. cheesy wink
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by Bright2(m): 6:45pm On Mar 23, 2006
Guys i can observe 8o % of our ladies in nairaland likes it that way,so since we are all men let us not seperate, de ladies carry go.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by TYPOP(m): 9:03pm On Mar 23, 2006
@alj
will your wife be older than you or younger? Thats what the question leads to eventually and you want to agree with the ladies, don't you?
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by TYPOP(m): 9:07pm On Mar 23, 2006
chinani:

@ TYPOP
. . . The energy and athleticism is awesome, . .

@chinani
thats a word I've not heard in ages - athleticism. You must be sound. Try and watch the premiership anyway and have a good team you support - like Arsenal. (hey, don't start soccer arguments here OK?)
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by alj(m): 11:06am On Mar 24, 2006
@TYPOP i hope my wife will be no more than 5yrs older or younger than i am. my current girlfriend is 6mths younger but its to soon to say as we have only been together 6weeks.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by nubian(m): 5:18am On Mar 25, 2006
i want the practice of girls dating much older men to continue ; so that when am old ill always have a good supply of about 4 to 5 girls giving me a wonderful body massage at the same time. one will just be rubbiing my big tummy only, another will be massaging my feet.one would be stroking my WARHEAD , the other will use an electical massager to sooth my shoulder muscles.

i will be everything the girls have said they prefer old men for - ranging from maturity,being a caring sugar daddy to having very deep pockets( God will bless me with bottomless pockets)

this kind of massage will be the favorite treat i will ask of my young lovers ; may the girls continue to like old men , so i can have a fun filled old age grin grin grin
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by TYPOP(m): 12:59pm On Mar 25, 2006
@nubian
Not all of them like money like that. Some still have self respect that they prefer to marry. You don't need the practice to continue to achieve your aim. A brothel will help you.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by chinani(f): 8:25pm On Mar 25, 2006
I'm glad I read this thread. Now I know a woman can jump out of the pot and into the frying pan. As TYPOP said, many young women don't date older men for money. Many just think that older men might be more respectful, wiser, more knowledgable, and sincere than younger men. I mean I'm 21 and I don't want to date someone who looks up to 50 Cent, Kobe Bryant or any nonsense like that. But from what I see/read, older men like to take advantage. undecided
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by eveseh(f): 12:30pm On Apr 22, 2006
beocs the older men knows that they want

but these young boys they jusy want to play around they dont know
what they want
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by Rhea(f): 1:54pm On Apr 25, 2006
Old men
Young men

The difference is the age. With age comes experience. If you've had 5 girlfriends in the past and probably a wife to add to that number, you've amassed enough experience with which to tantalise most ladies. Just like fine wine, men get better with age.

I'm not saying I like the trend, but then that's life for you.

Ever wondered why some guys that adore their wives and also enjoy same from their wives are often perceived by their peers as old-fashioned. cheesy
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by chinani(f): 5:24am On Apr 26, 2006
Rhea:

Ever wondered why some guys that adore their wives and also enjoy same from their wives are often perceived by their peers as old-fashioned. cheesy
Huh? Can you restate?
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by TYPOP(m): 2:47pm On May 06, 2006
@Rhea,

Rhea:

, Ever wondered why some guys that adore their wives and also enjoy same from their wives are often perceived by their peers as old-fashioned. cheesy

Can you state an example?
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by Idekeson(m): 4:13pm On May 06, 2006
Most women date older men for life securities, money being primary. Women are often insecure or ill-equipped to attain a comfort level from the ground up.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by chinani(f): 5:31pm On May 06, 2006
That's a really antiquated view Idekeson. Do you think that applies to this day & age?
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by Idekeson(m): 1:35pm On May 07, 2006
chinani:

That's a really antiquated view Idekeson. Do you think that applies to this day & age?

Yes, it's very sad but true. Most women rank comfort above love, women lib and all.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by dominobaby(f): 2:08pm On May 07, 2006
Many ladies do dat 4 a lotta reasons dat suit them, or just for the fun/experience of it*money inclusive here*.
But let me ask u guys, what about an age difference of say 13 m d guy's hell bent on marriage?
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by layma: 4:05am On Jul 27, 2006
Young women are LOOKING FOR EASY things in their LIFE. When the old man will die he will live her ESTATE or MONEY maybe,

Also she don't need to work to HARD for THOSE things . In my way it is a PROSTITUTION. Also she knows he will do everything for her to stay with him. So he is pleasing her and giving her diamonds. IF HE WOULD BE POOR would she stay with that man?
Of course NOT. She need interest and he needs YOUNG BODY. cheesy
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by roinewton(m): 8:01pm On Jul 27, 2006
20. Complaints to or against moderators must be sent privately. Please don't disobey, disrespect, or defame them.
21. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.
22. Don't ask Nairaland members for contact details (email, phone, bbpin) or investments.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by TYPOP(m): 11:21am On Aug 10, 2006
@layma,

thants a good one but i'm not sure it's the best thing for a first post.
you could say hello to us.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by Labans(m): 2:01pm On Dec 29, 2006
Bianca's marriage to ojukwu at least proves that natural love still exist b/w them, is not that bianca was poor before she got married to him, we all know whom Chief C.C. Onu is, but because she loved him, imagine a known man in this town (musicians) sang at a naming ceremony of a new born baby but when the baby grew up, he got married to her that RIDICULOUS don't they consider the age difference ?, tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by spoilt(f): 2:26am On Apr 29, 2007
its ridiculous. old men have bad breathe. almost as if their intestines are rottening already! grin
it has got to be the money.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by SisiHo(f): 3:31am On Apr 29, 2007
They are more mature and less self centered.

Financially stable,

and very experienced wink
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by mohawkchic(f): 3:38am On Apr 29, 2007
~LOL @ spoilt !! grin Is that a fact  tongue ?

~Is older in this case considered "grumpy ole men" like ??  undecided or a Demi Moore suitation reversed ? grin
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by samsilo(m): 3:58am On Apr 29, 2007
Woman that died in the Caribbean ,forgot her name with three guys claiming her baby.Thats a good example.
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by mohawkchic(f): 5:09am On Apr 29, 2007
~Oooh hell no!! Anna Nicole-Smith you mean !!! Cant be dealin w/ pee bags grin  wink
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by 2muchmoney(m): 10:40am On Apr 29, 2007
am sure , dating older men isnt a crime,
But the truth is, deep in your mind u know u re missing more than enough wen u see ur age group with
their yound fit sexy men.
Dont be a loser, !
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by spoilt(f): 2:56pm On Apr 29, 2007
mohawkchic:

~Oooh hell no!! Anna Nicole-Smith you mean !!! can't be dealin w/ pee bags grin wink

if there was 500 million dollars involved the pee bags and bed pans dont seem so bad! grin
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by Bonita(f): 7:52pm On Apr 29, 2007
@alj"i really cannot think of anyone i know male or female that has dated anyone anymore than 10 years older or younger. does this really happen as often as people say it does or is it just another myth? if i knew a man my age (32) was dating a girl of say 18 to 22 i would regard him as a bit immature perhaps scared of being an adult ( unless she were an exceptional young woman like rhodalyn or hot angel) perhaps i will change as i get older but right now i find it a bit sick."

Hey, I know what you are talking about, I have a friend she is 22, and was dating a 37 yr old man, and ladies let me tell you guys, becso someone is older than you doesn't make him matured, cos this guy wasn't matured from what he did to my friend. He took advantage of her, to extend that my friend is still in shock right, talking about she won't date again. He used her in every form, so you'll should be careful in watever you'll are doing becos this older guys are just using you guys!
Re: Why Young Women Often Date Older Men by mohawkchic(f): 9:50pm On Apr 29, 2007
spoilt:

if there was 500 million dollars involved the pee bags and bed pans dont seem so bad! grin

~ LOL grin Yeah hiring a maid specially for that will be the first thing i do wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jamaican Man Proposes To His Nigerian Girlfriend In A Romantic Way In The UK / 10 Categories Of Nigerian Ladies You Should Not Woo If You Are A Broke Guy / Meet The Most Curvy Female Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.