Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths (7077 Views)

‘I Pity President Buhari’ – El- Rufai / Dear Northern Youths......... I Cannot Be Crying More Than The Bereaved! / Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by Amazo: 8:17pm On Apr 11, 2015
lygn19:
ok... if u say so, since u re a Yoruba man I wasn't expecting anything more or less, d moment it involves sth bad d entire southsouth becomes Igbo, but once it involves sth good they wud tell u abt all d tribes in d southsouth abt how they are not igbo's, even as far as say sm indigenous igbos in d southsouth are people who just speak igbo, bear d same names with them and dress alike, but are not igbo's. so continue we re watching in 3D

Point of correction, I have no tribe; i'm a patriotic Nigerian. Ibos can claim the SS all you want, but the SS remains a complete separate entity with different ethnicities and unique cultures. Keep watching, so you can learn something useful, especially inter-tribal relations because it's obvious ibos really have a hard time getting along with other tribes. You only tolerate other tribes when something of economic value is at stake and you stand to lose big if you don't tolerate them. Stop tolerating other tribes and start showing love. The civil war is long over. This isn't 1967 anymore. It's 2015 for God's sake! Stop the blind hate towards other tribes and spread the love.

3 Likes

Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 11, 2015
Amazo:

Point of correction, I have no tribe; i'm a patriotic Nigerian. Ibos can claim the SS all you want, but the SS remains a complete separate entity with different ethnicities and unique cultures. Keep watching, so you can learn something useful, especially inter-tribal relations because it's obvious ibos really have a hard time getting along with other tribes. You only tolerate other tribes when something of economic value is at stake and you stand to lose big if you don't tolerate them. Stop tolerating other tribes and start showing love. The civil war is long over. This isn't 1967 anymore. It's 2015 for God's sake! Stop the blind hate towards other tribes and spread the love.
yes now and I got d part u said wat else does Nigeria want from d southsouth apart from oil, so wat u re trying to say is dat if tomorrow d oil looses value or dries up, u wud see them as insignificant. And u call urself a patriotic Nigerian, I laugh in swahili.

1 Like

Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 11, 2015
Igbos are tolerating d southsouth because of oil when igbos also make up a huge chunk of d southsouth... Dats d lies u and ur hench men have been telling dem since time immemorial while u guys corner der oil wells, take away d top posts in d oil industry and leave em with degradation, telling dem dat igbos are d cause....lol... ride on.
As urself dz questions for doz if u thinking igbos are after southsouth oil;
1) how many Igbos own oil wells?
2) how many oil firm headquarters are in d East?
3) go and check d list if directors in various oil firms and tell me d tribe dat tops?
4) do a survey of oil staffs and discover d tribe who mk up d majority...
Yet igbos are after southsouth oil... lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by Amazo: 8:26pm On Apr 11, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Clear conscious fears no accusation, if you think the above character fit you well so be it, wear it as a lobe.

Have you finished crying as you're typing undecided
?

2 Likes

Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by sherrylo: 8:28pm On Apr 11, 2015
@OP who are the "Vultures"?
Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by Amazo: 8:39pm On Apr 11, 2015
lygn19:
yes now and I got d part u said wat else does Nigeria want from d southsouth apart from oil, so wat u re trying to say is dat if tomorrow d oil looses value or dries up, u wud see them as insignificant. And u call urself a patriotic Nigerian, I laugh in swahili.

Unlike you that chooses to live in denial, i'm very realistic! Considering it generates about 85% of Nigeria's revenue earnings, it's only logical to unapologetically say yes, the rest of Nigeria wants SS oil. It's an undeniable fact. But this doesn't imply that other tribes hate the SS people, because they don't and the SS still remains an integral part of Nigeria, and under its sovereignty. Tomorrow, should oil be $1 per barrel and the oil in the SS region can no longer bear Nigeria's financial needs and function as the nation's breadwinner as it were, which ever region of Nigeria the buck is passed to, to have its resources sustain the nation will have to perform excellently well just like the SS have been performing, and the Nigerian nation is eternally grateful to the SS for having contributed its quota to the nation's development. Everything isn't perfect yet, but the nation is moving forward, and the ibos had better evolve and embrace other Nigerian tribes or be left behind.
Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 11, 2015
Amazo:

Unlike you that chooses to live in denial, i'm very realistic! Considering it generates about 85% of Nigeria's revenue earnings, it's only logical to unapologetically say yes, the rest of Nigeria wants SS oil. It's an undeniable fact. But this doesn't imply that other tribes hate the SS people, because they don't and the SS still remains an integral part of Nigeria, and under its sovereignty. Tomorrow, should oil be $1 per barrel and the oil in the SS region can no longer bear Nigeria's financial needs and function as the nation's breadwinner as it were, which ever region of Nigeria the buck is passed to, to have its resources sustain the nation will have to perform excellently well just like the SS have been performing, and the Nigerian nation is eternally grateful to the SS for having contributed its quota to the nation's development. Everything isn't perfect yet, but the nation is moving forward, and the ibos had better evolve and embrace other Nigerian tribes or be left behind.
igbos are not embracing other tribes, igbos have been living peacefully in Lagos, they debt wake up one day and start talking rubbish, they go abt der business peacefully without looking for trouble until sm Oba comes up and starts looking for who to throw into d Lagoon and u say Igbo's re trouble makers... patriotic indeed.
Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by Amazo: 8:51pm On Apr 11, 2015
lygn19:
Igbos are tolerating d southsouth because of oil when igbos also make up a huge chunk of d southsouth... Dats d lies u and ur hench men have been telling dem since time immemorial while u guys corner der oil wells, take away d top posts in d oil industry and leave em with degradation, telling dem dat igbos are d cause....lol... ride on.
As urself dz questions for doz if u thinking igbos are after southsouth oil;
1) how many Igbos own oil wells?
2) how many oil firm headquarters are in d East?
3) go and check d list if directors in various oil firms and tell me d tribe dat tops?
4) do a survey of oil staffs and discover d tribe who mk up d majority...
Yet igbos are after southsouth oil... lol

Maybe it's because lots of ibos are more interested in trading and many have become trading juggernauts. Maybe ibos are interested in globetrotting too and that's probably why they are found in many places around the world. Now are you going to blame other tribes for this too? Because it seems the more convenient and usual thing for ibos to do when on the contrary, the results you're experiencing is as a result of your own choices as a people.

Moreover, like I said stop living in the past. This is now a democratic dispensation, we're no longer in the military era. Even during that military era, ibos made political miscalculations and it cost dearly. Just barely over a decade in the new democratic dispensation, the ibos are already making another series of political miscalculations that will also have consequences. The ibos really need to stop shooting yourselves in the foot. Let's all progress together as a loving nation.

1 Like

Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 11, 2015
Check inwardly if you aint one then check outwardly you must surely see one.

sherrylo:
@OP who are the "Vultures"?
Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 11, 2015
Amazo:

Maybe it's because lots of ibos are more interested in trading and many have become trading juggernauts. Maybe ibos are interested in globetrotting too and that's probably why they are found in many places around the world. Now are you going to blame other tribes for this too? Because it seems the more convenient and usual thing for ibos to do when on the contrary, the results you're experiencing is as a result of your own choices as a people.

Moreover, like I said stop living in the past. This is now a democratic dispensation, we're no longer in the military era. Even during that military era, ibos made political miscalculations and it cost dearly. Just barely over a decade in the new democratic dispensation, the ibos are already making another series of political miscalculations that will also have consequences. The ibos really need to stop shooting yourselves in the foot. Let's all progress together as a loving nation.
I thought dat oda guy was saying we are interested in only Niger delta oil, now u re saying we are interested in trading..
Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by Amazo: 9:10pm On Apr 11, 2015
lygn19:
igbos are not embracing other tribes, igbos have been living peacefully in Lagos, they debt wake up one day and start talking rubbish, they go abt der business peacefully without looking for trouble until sm Oba comes up and starts looking for who to throw into d Lagoon and u say Igbo's re trouble makers... patriotic indeed.

Let's not deceive ourselves, the trouble fomenting currently isn't about the Oba of Lagos alleged statement. Even if it's true what is claimed that the Oba of Lagos said, how in the world can the Oba make millions of people drown in the lagoon in 7 days just like that, how? Does it make sense to you? But Ibos in this case don't care about being logical; rather they are more interested in seizing the opportunity to attack the Yorubas that they have openly and secretly hated since the incidence of civil war. Like I said before, this isn't 1967 anymore. This is 2015. The ibos should let go of the inner subconscious hate already. The war is over. Other tribes are not your enemies, quit seeing them that way and competing against them that way. The rest of Nigeria has long moved beyond the incidence of the last civil war, the ibos should too.

1 Like

Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 11, 2015
Me I don't know who Oba Akiolu is, I just knew him of recent, I know wat he said is just d normal blufs, just like wen Nyesom Wike once said anybody who doesnt like pdp should go back to his state, but it was wrong, wat annoys me is all d yorubas come up and started supporting his statement, if u go tru my past posts I drooped dz tribalism thing a long time ago, nd tried to be a good Nigerian even going as far as voting Buhari and supporting rochas coz he's in Apc, but some comments on Nairaland can turn even d most detribalised Nigerian to a hard core tribalist.
Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 11, 2015
Amazo:

Let's not deceive ourselves, the trouble fomenting currently isn't about the Oba of Lagos alleged statement. Even if it's true what is claimed that the Oba of Lagos said, how in the world can the Oba make millions of people drown in the lagoon in 7 days just like that, how? Does it make sense to you? But Ibos in this case don't care about being logical; rather they are more interested in seizing the opportunity to attack the Yorubas that they have openly and secretly hated since the incidence of civil war. Like I said before, this isn't 1967 anymore. This is 2015. The ibos should let go of the inner subconscious hate already. The war is over. Other tribes are not your enemies, quit seeing them that way and competing against them that way. The rest of Nigeria has long moved beyond the incidence of the last civil war, the ibos should too.
we see other tribes as enemies, yet we build houses all over Nigeria, yet others even if they earn millions dat can build dem a house in two months, they prefer to rent than build a house in d East , nigga do d math, who's playing who or hates who here, an igbo man associates with anybody but that can't be said abt other tribes I ve seen and even heard tales abt how ladies left men they were dating simply because they are Igbos,,, let the truth be told.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 11, 2015
Nice 1. Ishilove or Seun fp
Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by smartigo: 9:28pm On Apr 11, 2015
Caracta:
Who are the vultures?

grin grin grin You better don't let them drag u into their hatred. This is d politics section.
Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by eaglechild: 9:43pm On Apr 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

Igbos voted OBJ, not for Yorubas, but to satiate their hatred for anything North. Ibos hate North more than they hate Yorubas.
Yorubas love Igbos that is why they keep telling them that they are a defeated tribe and can never be president. That is why their Oba said they will perish in the lagoon.

Yorubas love Hausas that is why they keep calling them illiterates.

Yorubas love Ijaws that is why they keep calling Jonathan a clueless Otuoke fisherman from the abandoned land of fishermen.

Yoruba love Ibibios and Anangs that is why they keep calling them house boys

Yorubas love themselves so much that is why they keep assassinating one another politically, Bola Ige was killed out of love.

Yorubas are filled with love.

1 Like

Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by free13: 9:45pm On Apr 11, 2015
hmm.....
Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by Ilekeh(f): 9:50pm On Apr 11, 2015
eaglechild:

Yorubas love Igbos that is why they keep telling them that they are a defeated tribe and can never be president. That is why their Oba said they will perish in the lagoon.

Yorubas love Hausas that is why they keep calling them illiterates.

Yorubas love Ijaws that is why they keep calling Jonathan a clueless Otuoke fisherman.

Yoruba love Ibibios and Anangs that is why they keep calling them house boys

Yorubas love themselves so much that is why they keep assassinating one another politically, Bola Ige was killed out of love.

Yorubas are filled with love.

Yorubas are neither filled with Love or hate. They are strategic.
They choose sides for their self-interest. They act for their self-interest
Yorubas were not filled with hate when they harbored Igbos and kept them safe their the Biafran war. Remeber how you came from the North down to the West?
Were Yorubas filled with hate when they welcomed you to their land after the Biafran war?
Were Yorubas filled with hate when they gave you high positions in Yorubaland?

How quick you forget.

1 Like

Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by Amazo: 9:51pm On Apr 11, 2015
lygn19:
we see other tribes as enemies, yet we build houses all over Nigeria, yet others even if they earn millions dat can build dem a house in two months, they prefer to rent than build, nigga di d math, who's playing who or hates who here, an igbo man associates with anybody but that can't be said abt other tribes I ve seen and even heard tales abt how ladies left men they were dating simply because they are Igbos,,, let the truth be told.

You're funny in a way grin ! Let me break it down for you with a bit of history. Between 1967 - 1970 there was a civil war in Nigeria that devastated the ibo tribe, left your lands in ruins, and paralyzed economically and politically. In order to survive the harsh realities being experienced, ibos had no choice but to migrate to other more economically vibrant, peaceful and flourishing states in Nigeria. And this was the genesis of ibo migrations to the Southwest and North. So truth is they were forced to move as a result of the anguish the SE was experiencing then, so they could survive and grow. Fast forward, they did survive and grow but unfortunately they carried the hate for the Yorubas and Hausas with them. And the hate remained buried, and kept secret howbeit temporarily till they could stand on their feet again as a people after a most gruesomely humiliating and humbling knockout defeat. They didn't bring money or properties to the southwest or North; rather they came to make money and make a life. Well, they did: through education, through trading, through crime, through whatever was necessary to become strong again as a people. This is nice. But the problem is, the hatred didn't go away, rather as the ibos grew stronger post-civil-war era, so also the hate and it gradually became an open secret. And some of the ibos even somehow nursed the idea of possible revenge in the future. Later they became accustomed to their host lands, and seeing how quick they were able to recover and thrive economically in these regions, most chose to stay and settle in these places. They bought houses, raised families, built businesses (actually mostly took over many businesses being run previously by their hosts, and usually through malicious practices) and gradually began to spread both population wise and geographically in the host regions. Still at this point nursing hate in their hearts for other tribes (who mainly are now their hosts) and waiting for the time the opportunity to explode and unleash the hate will come. The hosts on the other hand received them well to a large extent, partly because it was their culture to be nice to visitors and partly because of probably trying to appease their conscience as to the civil war that had a horrific toll on the ibos. So the ibos didn't build properties and make investments because they liked their hosts. It's because they had no other choice, and there was no other way. This was the best option towards social, economic and political recovery as a people. It was a well calculated decision.

Now, fast forward to the present, i'll reiterate again, this is not 1967 anymore. We're in 2015. Let go of the hate for other tribes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

Yorubas were not filled with hate when they harbored Igbos and kept them safe their the Biafran war. Remeber how you came from the North down to the West?
Were Yorubas filled with hate when they welcomed you to their land after the Biafran war?

How quick you forget.

yorubas ain't filled with hate but only God knows wats u ppl's obsession with anything igbo.
Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 11, 2015
Amazo:

You're funny in a way grin ! Let me break it down for you with a bit of history. Between 1967 - 1970 there was a civil war in Nigeria that devastated the ibo tribe, left your lands in ruins, and paralyzed economically and politically. In order to survive the harsh realities being experienced, ibos had no choice but to migrate to other more economically vibrant, peaceful and flourishing states in Nigeria. And this was the genesis of ibo migrations to the Southwest and North. So truth is they were forced to move as a result of the anguish the SE was experiencing then, so they could survive and grow. Fast forward, they did survive and grow but unfortunately they carried the hate for the Yorubas and Hausas with them. And the hate remained buried, and kept secret howbeit temporarily till they could stand on their feet again as a people after a most gruesomely humiliating and humbling knockout defeat. They didn't bring money or properties to the southwest or North; rather they came to make money and make a life. Well, they did: through education, through trading, through crime, through whatever was necessary to become strong again as a people. This is nice. But the problem is, the hatred didn't go away, rather as the ibos grew stronger post-civil-war era, so also the hate and it gradually became an open secret. And some of the ibos even somehow nursed the idea of possible revenge in the future. Later they became accustomed to their host lands, and seeing how quick they were able to recover and thrive economically in these regions, most chose to stay and settle in these places. They bought houses, raised families, built businesses (actually mostly took over many businesses being run previously by their hosts, and usually through malicious practices) and gradually began to spread both population wise and geographically in the host regions. Still at this poing nursing hate in their hearts for other tribes (who mainly are now their hosts) and waiting for the time the opportunity to explode and unleash the hate will come. The hosts on the other hand received them well to a large extent, partly because it was their culture to be nice to visitors and partly because of probably trying to appease their conscience as to the civil war that a horrific toll on the ibos. So the ibos didn't build properties and make investments because they liked their hosts. It's because they had no other choice, and there was no other way. This was the best option towards social, economic and political recovery as a people. It was a well calculated decision.

Now, fast forward to the present, i'll reiterate again, this is not 1967 anymore. We're in 2015. Let go of the hate for other tribes.
wat u re trying to say now is dat Igbos didn't use to travel until after d civil war?... as for d rest it's too long to read not to talk of reply.
Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by eaglechild: 10:01pm On Apr 11, 2015
Ilekeh:

How quick you forget.

Yourubas harboured Igbos during the Biafran war?

Please which war are you talking about?

The one that every light skinned person in Lagos was discriminated against on the assumption of being Igbo even before it started.

Igbos returned to all parts of the country after the war and started afresh. From Kano to Kaduna, Lagos to Potiskum

Did Yorubas give out free land or food or shelter to them?

They started from scratch with nothing and diligently worked their way up and it has nothing to do with Yoruba love.

1 Like

Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 11, 2015
Amazo u re not a good history student, I hate discussing all dz civil war stuffs coz I ve put it behind me long ago... d only wrong igbos eva did to other tribes is move into there region, and d moment der numbers begin to increase they begin to see us as a threat, someone said earlier dat if d fulanis held dz much numbers as igbos have in Lagos, and they have not being able to produce a governor by now there wud hv been bloodshed in Lagos, wat do u hv to say abt dat?
Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by BlackTechnology: 10:11pm On Apr 11, 2015
BuddahMonk:
I pity this generation of igbo youths because they refused to learn from the mistakes of our fathers and they are no longer repeating similar pitfalls but they are already in deep sh1t.

Igbos am in tears as am typing this now because we chose not to learn from our recurrent mistake which make us perpetual ediots.

This open support of a candidates who's not one of yours will only turn against you because you failed to learn from the mistakes our fathers made were busy fighting for the right of others.

Igbos why do we always throw ourselves in the midst, why do we always like to court attention when our interests are not there, why do we like to behave like "Agwunsi" that is a professional roofer but dwells in a house with leaking roof.

Obi Ezekwesili is busy shouting bringbacktheir girls yet nobody gave a fucck when Biafran kids were dying, when Osisikankwu kidnapped school children in Aba nobody hashtageed for us because it was Igbothing so let them sort out themselves.
-nzuzu

When six igbos traders were killed in Apo Abuja, nobody from the major or minor tribes showed any solidarity to us yet your bigmen are donating billions to rebuild wartorn NE.
-efulefus

Anything that happened in East is Igbothing but once it happen in any part of the country Igbos will carry it on their heads, singing and dancing to the tunes.
-

Why can't you vote your candidate without making it an open secret knowing fully well the type of people your dealing with.

Please let's assume formlessness in all our affairs, please let's stop fighting other people's battles because Nigeria is a place where truth is disdained and falsehood celebrated.

We tend to rub everything on the faces of our opponents which I don't consider healthy, we always tend to promote equality in the land that champion inequality base on tribal and religious sentiments.

Agbaje is a not an Igboman but his people have started putting the Igbo label on his to paint him and by extension entire Igbos black because most of us are making show of our support of him yet he is not one of us.

During the last presidential election,the North voting pattern was similar to those of SE and SS yet the Vultures leave the North and SS and label us tribalists.

The vultures are always the tools use to disorganize here in the South yet whenever there is a quarrel between them and their friends in north an Igboman will go and buy the case wholesale.

This our support of others might likely turn out the way Emeka Ojukwu freed someone from the Calabar prison thinking he was establishing friendship not knowing he was digging his grave.

During Yar Adua saga, it was only Dora Akunyili that stood her ground and tell the world what they needed to hear when everybody in Yar Adua's kitchen cabinet was avoiding the press like ebola carriers, what happened later while the Vultures dodged from the implications the feudal North was pitched against the Igbos because Dora was very vocal and stood her ground to see justice happen when others were speaking tongue in check, few years later the Vultures started claiming they made Jonathan presidency because they organised protests at Ojota.

Please let nobody fight for anybody and let nobody fight for anybody outside his interest, Nigeria is all about tribe and ethnicity and our effort to champion equity, fairness and equality among the federating units is now pitching us against the Vultures and those they are protecting their interests.

During the Unity College admission we were discriminated against with high marks, the vultures and the neighbors we considered part of us didn't condemn it because they don't want to ruffle any feather and we carried our cross.

We see how everybody in South is shouting regional government when Jonathan was around but immediately he lost the election all the regional crusaders dodge while we keep beating it, will regional government benefit us only, will true federalism benefit us only but the entire South that are likely to benefit from it are no longer interested because the Vultures have gotten position that benefit them individually and abandoned the course we were pursuing collectively. Now shout regional government and the Vultures will tell you your claiming South South oil.

Last week Gowon said Ojukwu caused the war when some useless department in COOU call him to deliver speech, yet igbos will be going about condemning Fulanis for making Plateau the valley and shadow of death. Did anybody call Gowon to order after the statement.

This week Danjuma didn't talk about Fulanis that were killing people in his village but he reminded Jonathan that Emeka Ojukwu inability to concede defeat caused the civilwar so at this junction woe betide any igboman that reach out or condemned any Fulani attack anywhere outside Igboland. Did any ethnic group criticize him for saying that rather the Vultures were here defending him for the statement.

During MKO Abiola it was an igboman that risk his life to declare him the winner in the face of impending calamity and military brutality, but what happened the Vultures absolved the evil genius who cancelled the election and started blaming Igbos despite that when the selfstyled president declared himself winner it was two Igbomen that were there in the podium with him to raise his hands, Bobo Nwosisi and Ralph Obioha yet the Vultures blame Arthur Nzeribe for the crime and forget IBB that nulled the election.

Jimi Agbaje is not an Igboman, our open support of him will likely hurt us in near future because we haven't learn any lesson from the mistakes our fathers, we are repeating the same mistake again, we should be smarter than this, we should stop being to open as it concern other tribe when a matter of national importance is being discuss.

Ndigbo defend nobody whether from South or North, be yourselves, fight nobody's war and avoid stepping on the wrong foot. Nigeria is not one and will never be, this place is a battleground for ethnic and tribal gladiators while the Vultures wait in the corners to feast on the carcass.

Let nobody feast on your deadboby.

~Buddah Monk slept here

God bless you

We Igbos behave like he goats sometimes

We refuse to learn from history

My Yoruba neighbor asked me who did I vote for. I said nobody

He asked why. I said let the yorubas decide

He said I am silly

I reminded him of how Hausa Berom war erupted in Jos.

Igbos of this generation needs re- orientation and deliverance from political shortsightedness. angry

1 Like

Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by Amazo: 10:12pm On Apr 11, 2015
lygn19:
wat u re trying to say now is dat Igbos didn't use to travel until after d civil war?... as for d rest it's too long to read not to talk of reply.

It's not my problem if you can't or won't read. There are others out there who can and will read. I'm not writing this because of you. I don't know you and probably never will. I'm writing it for those ibos out there who have been brainwashed from childhood that other tribes are their enemies and should be treated as enemies. I'm writing to let them know that it's untrue. Other tribes are not the enemies of the ibos, but in a sense of it, the ibos are their own enemies because even though ibos are the greatest propagators of their progress, they have also been the major obstacle to their own progress as a people. Also, interpret it however you like. I'm responsible for my statement but i'm not responsible for how you think. What i'm certain of is that any smart people with a proper frame of mind won't find it difficult to understand the true meaning of my words.
Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by Ilekeh(f): 10:13pm On Apr 11, 2015
eaglechild:

Yourubas harboured Igbos during the Biafran war?

Please which war are you talking about?

The one that every light skinned person in Lagos was discriminated against on the assumption of being Igbo even before it started.

Igbos returned to all parts of the country after the war and started afresh. From Kano to Kaduna, Lagos to Potiskum

Did Yorubas give out free land or food or shelter to them?

They started from scratch with nothing and diligently worked their way up and it has nothing to do with Yoruba love.

No, they weren't harbored. They were killed as they moved from North to South.

Did Yoruba create an hostile business environment? You say Yorubas are hateful, but you're able to thrive in Yorubaland in peace. Please analyze yourselves.

How market in Kano?
Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by BlackTechnology: 10:28pm On Apr 11, 2015
lygn19:
I want dz best for dz country, a country where der is justice and equity for all, Imagine dz Yorubas threatening other southern tribes that they wud never produce president again, they did it to the Ijaws here on Nairaland telling dem dat Goodluck wud be d last president of Ijaw origin, now because of an Oba dat I didn't even know existed b4 now, dz same ppl had d guts to tell us that we wud never produce a president, let's watch as things play now...

God bless you for this beautiful wisdom displayed.
Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by Amazo: 11:21pm On Apr 11, 2015
lygn19:
Amazo u re not a good history student, I hate discussing all dz civil war stuffs coz I ve put it behind me long ago... d only wrong igbos eva did to other tribes is move into there region, and d moment der numbers begin to increase they begin to see us as a threat, someone said earlier dat if d fulanis held dz much numbers as igbos have in Lagos, and they have not being able to produce a governor by now there wud hv been bloodshed in Lagos, wat do u hv to say abt dat?

Well, let's take Lagos as a case in point. There are considerable populations, albeit huge numbers of other tribes besides ibos, but I can categorically say that no other tribe is nursing (and actually strategizing to accomplish) the ambition of becoming governor in a Yoruba state, except the ibos. Fulanis abound in Lagos, maybe not as much as the ibos, but it's not about population size. It's about having a character that seeks to takeover other people's stuff. It's a wrong attitude. Ibos always want and actually strategize by any possible means to takeover wherever they go, not just in Nigeria. Whether it's politics, business, assets, or what have you in Lagos, ibos want to take over from the hosts. Even population wise isn't spared and you already have ibos carelessly boasting that they will have the largest population in Lagos. And all these acts are not for mere decoration. They're actually calculated acts and a means to a very specific end or goal. No tribe sees ibos as a threat because of numbers, but because of character being exhibited. Just like Arab Muslims in developed countries, the hosts don't see them as a threat because of their population size because there are other nationalities with larger sizes present. Rather they are seen as a threat because of how they behave and what they are known to do. Many Asian countries like Indonesia weren't originally Muslim countries. They were countries that were Buddhist, the Muslims were immigrants, but gradually they took over and later converted it to a Muslim country and imposed their will and culture on the original hosts. After seeing that this is a "trend" with Arab Muslims, most hosts are wary to have them around. Can we blame them? Of course not. Same principle applies to ibos. Hitler wanted to take over Europe and then the rest of the world, simply because he had the ideology and mindset that the Germans were socially, mentally and biologically superior to other races. He sold his ideology to the German people and they bought it; and the whole of Germany set out to conquer the world, Europe first and others continents would follow. Whether consciously or unconsciously remains debatable but the ibos kind of have this trait too: the idea that they are superior to other tribes in Nigeria and it drives their acts. Hence you find it that ibos subtly have contempt towards other tribes and subconsciously look down on others and treat them with disdain in their faces, if the political, economic and social landscape tilts in their favor. But if it doesn't, then the ibos will tolerate them and play along, yet complaining and ranting against them behind their backs. So it's no wonder other tribes have mistrust towards ibos. The earlier the tribes face reality and issues like this are discussed and everyone can act real (no hiding or pretending) to state what they like and dislike and people find a common ground to forge ahead in peace and have mutual understanding about what kind of behavior is acceptable and unacceptable, then tribalism will continue to significantly limit the progress of Nigeria as a nation.
Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 12, 2015
Amazo:

Well, let's take Lagos as a case in point. There are considerable populations, albeit huge numbers of other tribes besides ibos, but I can categorically say that no other tribe is nursing (and actually strategizing to accomplish) the ambition of becoming governor in a Yoruba state, except the ibos. Fulanis abound in Lagos, maybe not as much as the ibos, but it's not about population size. It's about having a character that seeks to takeover other people's stuff. It's a wrong attitude. Ibos always want and actually strategize by any possible means to takeover wherever they go, not just in Nigeria. Whether it's politics, business, assets, or what have you in Lagos, ibos want to take over from the hosts. Even population wise isn't spared and you already have ibos carelessly boasting that they will have the largest population in Lagos. And all these acts are not for mere decoration. They're actually calculated acts and a means to a very specific end or goal. No tribe sees ibos as a threat because of numbers, but because of character being exhibited. Just like Arab Muslims in developed countries, the hosts don't see them as a threat because of their population size because there are other nationalities with larger sizes present. Rather they are seen as a threat because of how they behave and what they are known to do. Many Asian countries like Indonesia weren't originally Muslim countries. They were countries that were Buddhist, the Muslims were immigrants, but gradually they took over and later converted it to a Muslim country and imposed their will and culture on the original hosts. After seeing that this is a "trend" with Arab Muslims, most hosts are wary to have them around. Can we blame them? Of course not. Same principle applies to ibos. Hitler wanted to take over Europe and then the rest of the world, simply because he had the ideology and mindset that the Germans were socially, mentally and biologically superior to other races. He sold his ideology to the German people and they bought it; and the whole of Germany set out to conquer the world, Europe first and others continents would follow. Whether consciously or unconsciously remains debatable but the ibos kind of have this trait too: the idea that they are superior to other tribes in Nigeria and it drives their acts. Hence you find it that ibos subtly have contempt towards other tribes and subconsciously look down on others and treat them with disdain in their faces, if the political, economic and social landscape tilts in their favor. But if it doesn't, then the ibos will tolerate them and play along, yet complaining and ranting against them behind their backs. So it's no wonder other tribes have mistrust towards ibos. The earlier the tribes face reality and issues like this are discussed and everyone can act real (no hiding or pretending) to state what they like and dislike and people find a common ground to forge ahead in peace and have mutual understanding about what kind of behavior is acceptable and unacceptable, then tribalism will continue to significantly limit the progress of Nigeria as a nation.
has igbos tried to take over osun or oyo, was lagos not Nigerias former capital, y d unnecessary attacks as if it was d yorubas dat made Lagos wat it is today, I don't want to argue with u any further abt dat fulani stuff as u ve made up ur mind aht ur view of igbo so no need to go further, tomorrow now d ppl of Abuja, a place dat was once a bush wud come out and said they made Abuja wat it is dat oda tribes don't have full rights, dat they re doing dem a favour by allowing dem stay in abuja. Like I said b4 I won't argue with u any further as ur mind is made up abt igbos.
Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by MDelgado(m): 8:11am On Apr 12, 2015
Blastfinito:
Our [a]lmighty Caracter is here! I'm sure you know he's refering to the Yorubas. They can't deny Yorubas' tactical supremacy in this entity called Nigeria. His poorly veiled use of invectives elucidates further the ill-effect of his dependency on cheap steroidal supplements.

Blastfinito Kilode!!!! grin see grammar
Re: Open letter to Igbo youths - I Pity This Generation Of Igbo Youths by MDelgado(m): 8:15am On Apr 12, 2015
Amazo:

God bless you for this..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Jonathan Dealt With South Africa For Maltreating Nigerians (Throwback) / Peter Obi Vs Tinubu's Educational Qualifications / How Aliyu And Lamido Deceived Me- Gov. Amaechi:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.