Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections (56392 Views)

Why We Are Running Away From Our People After Elections – Katsina Speaker / BRT: Lagos Govt Terminates Agreement With Operator / 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by wengerjay(m): 10:33am On Apr 12, 2015
The Oba who accomodates u people in his domain asked for an assistance from u people but u went ahead to do otherwise. If given the opportunity, u may get him dethroned and enthrone ur ward. Yorubas are extremely accommodating, they will never descend to XENOPHOBIC practice.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Menace2Society(m): 10:33am On Apr 12, 2015
ellaV:
then u people should leave the igbo's to go...give them their biafra...is not by force na...they are not begging to be together ...let them go peacefully,in 3 years they accoumplish wat Nigeria cannot accomplish in 50 yrs time...that y we can't do without them ...they r d isrealite of this nation.
LMAO grin kai!u get brain no be small!Insha Allah TA Orji will be the FIRST PRESIDENT of our BIAFRA!
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by timunstopable: 10:34am On Apr 12, 2015
Last time I checked asari dokubo is yet to apologise

Patience Faka Jonathan yet to apologise

now wait for this one

2013 Obi of Onistha cursed Apc, Chris Ngige he is yet to apologise

look at the comment of my fellow ibo brother on the Curse by Obi Of Onitsha ."Obi can't do any wrong cant apologise" so even in ur custom obis dont apologise

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by searider(m): 10:34am On Apr 12, 2015
siegfried99:

Tell'em

I believe it's an issue of not knowing ur boundaries.

I'm not in support of what the Oba said but u cannot expect an apology from a king, other ppl have done that for him.

So let's live in peace, I cannot count the number of friends I have from other. Tribes.. I see all as Nigerians

#SayNoToTribalism

Our igbo brothers be not afraid our kings threat shall not come to manifestation.

They have failed to realised that. I didn't support the 0ba's statement ; it was utterly wrong. Be that as it may; doesn't warrant the igbos to form sectionalism in lagos state.

I am from edo state but lagos made me what I am today.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by adeA1(m): 10:34am On Apr 12, 2015
At leat we wll definitely knw who actually owns lagos
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Setaje(f): 10:34am On Apr 12, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:
I am yourba and I can assure the igbos no one can do them any harm. Lagos would always be a land up for contesting. Until we yourbas learn how to start using the position of lagos to develop oda parts of the SW.

This is just d simple truth. Every state in the south west should benefit from lagos in the tru spirit of omoodua.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by sweetgala(m): 10:36am On Apr 12, 2015
Nothing would happen to them, they should stop this nonsense dragging on , no Igbo person in his right senses would think they'll come under physical attack , it has never happened and it wouldn't now.

However I can not assure of protection from emotional persecution , or a Yoruba policy to erode all Igbo influence from Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Wislet(f): 10:36am On Apr 12, 2015
GOD PLEASE FORGIVE US NIGERIANS FOR OUR ETHNIC BIGOTRY.

DIVIDING OURSELVES ALONG ETHNIC AND RELIGIOUS LINES WAS NEVER YOUR DREAM FOR US AS A PEOPLE.

Please forgive the hate in our hearts while we pretend to be friends outwardly.

May judgement not fall upon us as a nation. May other countries not laugh at us.

Nigeria would be a very great nation if zero ethnic and religious sentiments existed. What is tribe? What is religion? Are those bigger than the word 'human?'.

GOD PLEASE SAVE NIGERIANS FROM DESTRUCTION.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Achiles: 10:36am On Apr 12, 2015
CHM11:

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/igbo-appeal-to-lagos-govt-police-to-protect-them-after-elections/#sthash.C51WB0Ek.dpuf
Demanding apology from Oba Akiolu? Jokers! You will soon understand the owners of Lagos are. immigrants calling themselves Omo Onile. Insolence. You may deliver Amuwo Odofin to JK Ndoka, it really won't matter.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by eaglechild: 10:36am On Apr 12, 2015
siegfried99:

Tell'em

I believe it's an issue of not knowing ur boundaries.

I'm not in support of what the Oba said but u cannot expect an apology from a king, other ppl have done that for him.

So let's live in peace, I cannot count the number of friends I have from other. Tribes.. I see all as Nigerians

#SayNoToTribalism

Our igbo brothers be not afraid our kings threat shall not come to manifestation.
I am sorry but history has it that genocides have been started with much less provocative statements by even less influential people.

" I ask nothing of the Jews except that
they should disappear. ”
—Hans Frank, Nazi governor for occupied Poland.

Well some months after and over the course of 3-4years 1 million Jews disappeared in Poland and over 6 million disappeared across Europe.
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by lozanni(m): 10:36am On Apr 12, 2015
OrigamiIII:
They completely forgot the day of reckoning. The igbos expectation was to influence via gang up the Jimi Agbaje governoship victory and then corner him the same way they did the GEJ's administration. They want to use agbaje as a means to dominate the yorubas in their own land. See where it has landed them. Its pathetic. Anyway, the yorubas should henceforth relate with them with caution and suspicion. Don't give any inch otherwise they will take a yard. Nah so we take dey handle them for warri.

Delta bad belle against Igbos, na today.
I have a Delta colleague who told me that his grouse with Igbos is that they came all the way from the East, past Delta and Edo States and went to Lagos to become the most prosperous group, after the Yorubas (in his words).
The Delta guy said that after the Yorubas, they (Delta and Edo) are suppossed to be the next most prosperous people not the Igbos. Inagine that type of reasoning!!!
I explained to the Delta guy that Igbos are prosperous because they have a God given knack for business, like the Pakistanis in UK, and also have self-discipline; unlike some groups who take to boozing and marrying many wives when their business picks up a little, instead of consolidating their business through putting back such earnings to grow the business further.
I counselled the Delta guy to tell his people to study the habits of the Igbos that they too can become very prosperous if they imbibe the culutre of hardwork, business savvy and self-discipline.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by idu1(m): 10:37am On Apr 12, 2015
Shebi una say lagos na no mans land....
Anybody that cant stay in lagos should go back to his village.
Lagos ll be build into a dubai of nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by ibisko04: 10:37am On Apr 12, 2015
We are one and together for ever. But let every body knows his /her boundary.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by meforyou1(m): 10:37am On Apr 12, 2015
PassingShot:
Funny set of people.

Why ganging up against a candidate?
because the candidate from ilaje, ondo state is not from lagos

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Raymonbell(m): 10:38am On Apr 12, 2015
Enough of this issue. It's high time we move on. The politician fueling this hatred will soon go back to their shell and forget they have unleash a wave of hatred. Even though the Igbo have their attitudes, in this diversity we thrive.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by aleem50(m): 10:39am On Apr 12, 2015
anytaij:
Pls help me tell dem,idont knw why they are killing themselves ova nothing . You Yoruba's making mouth its onur moni must of u uses to pay sch fee if we dont pay u hus rents una no go choop jobless peo lets go back to our place now and c if shops no go turn #200 per.Month rubbish. I just hate it wen they talk abt Igbo's like as if u re . Beta dan us . undecided
sentiment apart, we yorubas are too accommodating and it's affecting us like seriously, how can another tribe will always have a say in who govern us. The way yorubas has accommodated Igbo's in lagos, no other tribe in Nigeria can do half of that.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by hensben(m): 10:40am On Apr 12, 2015
ellaV:
if u don't like some1 is it not to avoid d person or let them be... with all d hatred from the Yoruba's n d north,they r still progressing...just like Joseph n his brother's am not surprised...no amount of hate will pinish them...if u don't like them,its easy let them go n build their own state...
He is telling you how things work you are still whining emotionally...be logical please...God doesn't support ingrate.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Chidozieude: 10:40am On Apr 12, 2015
ogene007:

[s]This is why stupid people like you only exist on social media where they can hide in one remote part of the world and post rubbish. The APC in Lagos know that if they try that shit, Lagos will be too small for everybody, then Ndigbo will mobilize themselves as they did in the days of the Igbo Union in the north. Your patents and grand parents can inform you better on that. The you will know that four years is a short time. This would be followed up by Igbo vigilantes in Igbo dominate areas to ensure that no body can mess up with Ndigbo. You see,the consequences of such an action will be so dire for any stupid government that attempts to provoke Ndigbo. Your comments just goes to show that people like you know little to nothing about where Nigeria is coming from, and the earlier you know, the better for you.[/s]

With this enormous power of the Igbos, why did you not vote in Agbaje?

When this plan is set in motion, your elders will find their way to the Obas Palace and beg and for mercy, Kabiyesi will then decide on what to do .

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 12, 2015
Obanaijacom:

My brother its so sad that we are not united, who is igbo who is Yoruba are we not all the same one Nigerian?

If you all think you don't need the igbos then you have lied, we need each other to succeed. Lets love ❤ one another no matter the tribe, I am igbo but I grew up here in Lagos and speak Yoruba even more than some Yoruba people, thanks for having us in your Space, likewise we have Yoruba in onitsha and in all igbo states, that's the essence of freedom.
Wow! nice 1.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 12, 2015
PassingShot:
Funny set of people.

Why ganging up against a candidate?

Igbos deciding to Vote for a certain candidate is now a gang up Lol @ the way some yoruba people reason.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by siegfried99(m): 10:43am On Apr 12, 2015
eaglechild:

I am sorry but history has it that genocides have been started with much less provocative statements by even less influential people.

" I ask nothing of the Jews except that
they should disappear. ”
—Hans Frank, Nazi governor for occupied Poland.

Well some months after and over the course of 3-4years 1 million Jews disappeared in Poland and over 6 million disappeared across Europe.

Hmmm..in those dark ages, yes

But not in this new century, it cannot happen. Believe me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Buba Marwa Buries His Wife, Zainab In Imo (Photos) / PDP Speaks On Fayose Dumping Party / Buhari: My Cows Easier To Control Than Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.