Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections (56457 Views)

Why We Are Running Away From Our People After Elections – Katsina Speaker / BRT: Lagos Govt Terminates Agreement With Operator / 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 12, 2015
I don't see any sense in what you just said... What kind of assistance is that? Is it not supposed to ba a free and fair election whereby you vote a candidate of your choice?, all i pray for is peace... We all need one another, and without peace, we can't stay together *** don't bother quoting me
wengerjay:
The Oba who accomodates u people in his domain asked for an assistance from u people but u went ahead to do otherwise. If given the opportunity, u may get him dethroned and enthrone ur ward. Yorubas are extremely accommodating, they will never descend to XENOPHOBIC practice.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by IYANGBALI: 11:17am On Apr 12, 2015
netmillionaires:

b4 u lash out at the Oba, I will ask U to ponder on some few lines...
During Agbaje campaign, Agbaje promised to elevate the Ndigbo to the level of the Oba of Lagos... It is the same thing as saying I will take over ur monarchy in ur own land and nothing U can do. What ll U do if u are the Oba?
JK said the Igbos will soon become the deputy governor and later governor and finally rule over lagos. Will any Igbo accept a yoruba to even campaign for councillor in Igbo land let alone governor?
U allow someone to come reside with U in lagos and then they gang up and open their mouth to tell U that lagos is a no-man's land. Haba!
I don't have to go on and on. Lagosians are angry. A common yoruba man will get angry let alone an Oba whose throne is been threatened... Ndigbo even made the mistake of going to his palace. To do what? It is a big insult. That gave him the chance to vent his anger and frustration. One thing I like about yorubas is that they are very accommodating but U don't threaten ur host and claim to be courageous just because he is accommodating... Go to the north, insult their Emir and then start shouting u are courageous. I bet u, the person won't live to regret his action. In as much as I believe in unity and equality, i still have to show respect to my host anywhere I find myself.
Na too much mouth kill tortoise!
omo one billion likes and kisses for you. Help me tell those omo aje okuta ma mu omi

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Caracta(f): 11:17am On Apr 12, 2015
fr3do:

Lagos is a capital like Abuja
It isn't property of the Yorubas

Lagos was the capital...not is.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by GoldHorse(m): 11:18am On Apr 12, 2015
...." the igbos have decided to sheath their swords ……"?!! So you know your swords were drawn before? And now you are asking for protection?!!! If you have really done nothing wrong why do you need protection that you didn't need before election?

Truth must be told sir, you guys, by your own hands, have damaged the relationship between you and your host. You have opened their eyes about the probability of some things. The problem now is that We now know...... we cant pretend that we don't.

All our actions and inactions have consequences.

IF YOU ARE BOLD TO DO SOMETHING, YOU SHOULD BE BOLD ENOUGH TO FACE THE CONSEQUENCE.........Goldhorse

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by abbeyoye2001(m): 11:18am On Apr 12, 2015
Complexity
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by IYANGBALI: 11:20am On Apr 12, 2015
GoldHorse:
...." the igbos have decided to sheath their swords ……"?!! So you know your swords were drawn before? And now you are asking for protection?!!! If you have really done nothing wrong why do you need protection that you didn't need before election?

Truth must be told sir, you guys, by your own hands, have damaged the relationship between you and your host. You have opened their eyes about the probability of some things. The problem now is that We now know...... we can pretend that we don't.
All our actions and infarction have consequences.

IF YOU ARE BOLD TO DO SOMETHING, YOU SHOULD BE BOLD ENOUGH TO FACE THE CONSEQUENCE.........Goldhorse
gbam. Good talk

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by fr3do(m): 11:22am On Apr 12, 2015
Caracta:

Lagos was the capital...not is.

Lagos is the financial capital.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Rajjah(f): 11:23am On Apr 12, 2015
mustymatic:
Nigeria is BIGGER than Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba,
etc. Nigeria is ONE and we must do
everything possible to live, progress and
succeed as ONE!
exactly
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 12, 2015
As usual.

Igbos vs yorubas.

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Caracta(f): 11:25am On Apr 12, 2015
fr3do:

Lagos is the financial capital.

According to?

And does that make it a free-for-all state? What section of the constitution states that? Educate me pls.

As free as Nairaland is to all and sundry, Seun is still the owner.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by demandtruth: 11:27am On Apr 12, 2015
The election is won and the animosity should stop. Igbos should learn how to co-exist with their host. Yorubas are naturally very
tolerant of others. Learn from them

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by nosike3(m): 11:27am On Apr 12, 2015
PassingShot:
Funny set of people.

Why ganging up against a candidate?

Common sense should mean that Igbos in Lagos will be neutral in Lagos gubernatorial election and allow people vote as they wish.

they should be neutral undecided how can you be neutral in an election? Do you vote for all of them or what? undecided 'allow people to vote' bro!! I don't get you at all !!! Explain yourself! grin angry

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by PassingShot(m): 11:28am On Apr 12, 2015
nosike3:
they should be neutral undecided how can you be neutral in an election? Do you vote for all of them or what? undecided 'allow people to vote' bro!! I don't get you at all!!! Explain yourself! grin angry

As a block I mean.
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by redsun(m): 11:29am On Apr 12, 2015
Just because APC or whatever it is called runs Lagos does not mean the rights of PDP supporters should be trampled upon. The same policies and laws applies to all,irrespective of party membership.

But because you guys live in a distorted society where rogue politicians manipulates the hypnotised electoral that are not capable of making sound decisions for themselves,being a member of non ruling party in Nigeria seem more like being a second class citizen.Igbos doesn't need the governor to exercise their human rights in Lagos.Alll they need is law,standing firmly by it and making it clear.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Masterkolade: 11:31am On Apr 12, 2015
all am saying is that the igbos are getting way too sentimental on this issue they should let it go and people should move on. I also think JK went too far
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Biliamin(m): 11:33am On Apr 12, 2015
"Nevertheless, he demanded that a documentary prove
that such threat from Akiolu would not repeat itself
be made available, adding that the property of Ndi -
Igbo would not be unduly taxed nor demolished, no
matter the direction of the victory of yesterday’s
governorship election.
Continuing he said: “We also demand that our
business premises and other matters of interest will
not come under any form of intimidation now or in
future”.

I am sure the above quoted request was as a result of the below letter from...

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:33am On Apr 12, 2015
Chidozieude:
Lagos will continue to accommodate all ethnic groups BUT there must be sanity. All shops in Ladipo, Alaba, Idumota need to be rebuilt and re-allocated - those places are just too filthy. If you dont like it, Ekene Dili Chukwu to the rescue- onward to your village

God bless you. The fact is that Lagos has original master plan and those areas you mentioned happen to be residential areas. So one of the first assignments of incoming administration of Ambode is to rebuild these areas according to the original plan of Lagos. They are not commercial areas;they are strictly residential. So whoever that is not pleased with that can relocate to alaigbo or chose the option of the Lagoon!

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by eaglechild: 11:34am On Apr 12, 2015
netmillionaires:

b4 u lash out at the Oba, I will ask U to ponder on some few lines...

During Agbaje campaign, Agbaje promised to elevate the Ndigbo to the level of the Oba of Lagos... It is the same thing as saying I will take over ur monarchy in ur own land and nothing U can do. What ll U do if u are the Oba?

JK said the Igbos will soon become the deputy governor and later governor and finally rule over lagos. Will any Igbo accept a yoruba to even campaign for councillor in Igbo land let alone governor?

U allow someone to come reside with U in lagos and then they gang up and open their mouth to tell U that lagos is a no-man's land. Haba!
I don't have to go on and on. Lagosians are angry. A common yoruba man will get angry let alone an Oba whose throne is been threatened... Ndigbo even made the mistake of going to his palace. To do what? It is a big insult. That gave him the chance to vent his anger and frustration. One thing I like about yorubas is that they are very accommodating but ***
You allow..... someone to reside in Lagos you say.

On what basis are you making that allowance?

On the basis that Lagos is not in Nigeria and has not been the capital till the recent past.

On the basis that I require a Visa to go to Lagos as a foreigner?

On the basis that when one gets to Lagos he is accorded free shelter, food and clothing?

Please tell me the basis of allowance.

It is this phantom basis of "allowance " that your Oba has latched unto to make his despicable statements.

Please liberate your mind.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by uppa(m): 11:35am On Apr 12, 2015
ellaV:
u guys should should enjoy it while it last...this is ur time...our time will come...we don't mind waiting...we are d isrealite of dis nation,which u people cannot survive without
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by fr3do(m): 11:35am On Apr 12, 2015
Caracta:

According to?

And does that make it a free-for-all state? What section of the constitution states that? Educate me pls.

As free as Nairaland is to all and sundry, Seun is still the owner.

What is your definition of 'free for all', a situation where Nigerians can freely exercise their civil right to vote in Nigeria?

Do you see Abuja natives threatening any Nigerian in Abuja?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by justmetoday(m): 11:37am On Apr 12, 2015
so Imo,Abia,Anambra,etc is No Man's Land!
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Helkayklassic(m): 11:37am On Apr 12, 2015
Deport them bck to Onitsha but don't deport their goods, make i go Alaba go pick my choice of phone.
Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by tunde1200(m): 11:38am On Apr 12, 2015
you sense.....

PassingShot:
Funny set of people.

Why ganging up against a candidate?

Common sense should mean that Igbos in Lagos will be neutral in Lagos gubernatorial election and allow people vote as they wish.

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by johnsonjosbles(m): 11:39am On Apr 12, 2015
CHM11:

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/igbo-appeal-to-lagos-govt-police-to-protect-them-after-elections/#sthash.C51WB0Ek.dpuf
you are even demanding not pleading,I tot you people say if you pull out ur businesses from lagos!then lagos will collapse? I expected igbo mass exodus from lagos and see if Lagos will not move foward! We yorubas are the most peacfull people,we will still give igbo hands of Fellowship, if you'v tried that nonsence in Kano,I think they will be counting numbers of igbo casualties b now instead of demanding apology from Oba akiolu! Infact,theyy don't even respect our king! No need for panicking,when you come to people's Land, try and show some respect, so far you r succeeding! Many of igbos even buy lands,bul houses,renting them to Yorubas,having enjoyed enoumous relative Peace! You r now claiming Lagos is a No Man's Land! Tho I will not support ill treatment for Igbos. But they should be very carefull of their actions as subsiquet misbehave can send them packing out of Lagos. Jonathan maginalise Yorubas! That cost him his career let alone of nNa. Bewarn!!!

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by tadkem: 11:39am On Apr 12, 2015
The Igbo people should learn how to live peacefully with other tribes especially when in a different environment. Learn not to abuse tradition of the land because I cant imagine what would have happened if such scenario occurs in the North. A yoruba man can not buy a land in Onitsha neither would the land be sold to other non igbo tribe in Onitsha. Let us all try to accommodate each other and live peacefully with each other at all times.
The wonderful thing about us all is that, we are all one when we find ourselves outside Nigeria. I love the Igbos, the Yorubas, the Hausas, the minorities and all Nigerians. Lets stand as one.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections by Caracta(f): 11:40am On Apr 12, 2015
fr3do:

What is your definition of 'free for all', a situation where Nigerians can freely exercise their civil right to vote in Nigeria?

Do you see Abuja natives threatening any Nigerian in Abuja?

Pls don't compare Abuja with Lagos.

Let's cut the chase. Do you agree that Lagos has owners or belongs to some group of persons or group?

Btw, Abuja belongs to some set of people originally. Making it a Federal Capital doesn't take away the rightful ownership but just a bigger responsibility and National management.

Pls answer my question. Thank you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

MTN Fueled Boko Haram Insurgency - President Buhari / Senator Ita-giwa At Adaeze Yobo's Birthday Party / Buhari: My Cows Easier To Control Than Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.