Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? (8561 Views)

Poll: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer?

Love Marriage: 64% (60 votes)
Arranged Marriage: 13% (13 votes)
any: 17% (16 votes)
don't want to get married: 4% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? / White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? / An Arranged Marriage: Is It Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by dani1luv: 3:24pm On Feb 02, 2009
Moy!!!
nor go marry o
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by lysaa(f): 3:25pm On Feb 02, 2009
Tgirl4real:

Yes . . . I forgot to add, he must be a BORN AGAIN christian o, not just a church goer [size=4pt]I know 99.99% are disqualified already[/size] tongue

where ur treasure is, there ur heart will be also babes. . lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:28pm On Feb 02, 2009
Yes, another thing . . . he must be a able to write good rhymes (rap I mean wink). He must be a lover of footy and he shouldn't be the type that is crazy about LEPA SHANDYs. grin

Hope I'm not asking for too much Sisi jinx tongue

lysaa:

where ur treasure is, there ur heart will be also babes. . lipsrsealed tongue

Wetin be ya own tongue

I was thinking everyone will be a Christian na cheesy
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by dani1luv: 3:30pm On Feb 02, 2009
continue
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Moyola(f): 3:33pm On Feb 02, 2009
dani1luv:

Moy!!!
nor go marry o

hehe!! 1luv, whai naa? grin
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:34pm On Feb 02, 2009
dani1luv:

continue

U be Sisi Jinx undecided
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by spikedcylinder: 3:36pm On Feb 02, 2009
Forward your yeye CV to Seun and leave my sisi in peace jor.
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by SisiJinx: 3:38pm On Feb 02, 2009
Hmmmm, Me thinks Tgirl and Dani want someone to play intermediary for 'em.

I'm open!! grin grin
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by dani1luv: 3:42pm On Feb 02, 2009
@ Tgirl
im not[/color]

Moyola:

hehe!! 1luv, whai naa? grin
Coz you are too old to be single tongue grin

@ Sisi Jinx
How you take know abi u take style spy on us
tongue
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:46pm On Feb 02, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

I'm open!! grin grin

What are u saying Sisi . . . no vex me o. I said arrange. Wetin be my own na, just find d right guy that fits the bill
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by JJYOU: 3:48pm On Feb 02, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

I'm open!! grin grin
i always suspected this is one of your hidden talents

where was you when i needed your services?

where is your part 2?
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by KarmaMod(f): 3:52pm On Feb 02, 2009
sisi, who excatly would you want to arranged this for you?

as in you'd accpet anyone or must they be aware of your "requirements"
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by JJYOU: 3:59pm On Feb 02, 2009
KarmaMod:

karmaMod, she could just try sorting you and our david out. that would be nice if you dont mind.
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by lysaa(f): 4:14pm On Feb 02, 2009
Tgirl4real:

Yes, another thing . . . he must be a able to write good rhymes (rap I mean wink). He must be a lover of footy and he shouldn't be the type that is crazy about LEPA SHANDYs. grin

Hope I'm not asking for too much Sisi jinx tongue

Wetin be ya own tongue

I was thinking everyone will be a Christian na cheesy

na lie o, I believe the post that said. ."I forgot"! tongue
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by SisiJinx: 4:16pm On Feb 02, 2009
Tgirl4real:

What are u saying Sisi . . . no vex me o. I said arrange. Wetin be my own na, just find d right guy that fits the bill

Rotflmao!! What if I have find the right guy and it just happens to be Dani??

Wachu gonna do??!! cheesy cheesy

JJYOU:

i always suspected this is one of your hidden talents

where was you when i needed your services?

where is your part 2?

I don't know if I like the fact that you know me so well??

Part two is coming. . . my hubby is out of town right now, so I'm sorta in a limbo.

You know my life revolves around him.
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by dani1luv: 4:19pm On Feb 02, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Wachu gonna do??!! cheesy cheesy

I don't know if I like the fact that you know me so well??

Part two is coming. . . my hubby is out of town right now, so I'm sorta in a limbo.

Please dont make a scene here
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by SisiJinx: 4:22pm On Feb 02, 2009
KarmaMod:

Lol, usually it is the 'rents who will do this and they will be aware of your requirements.

Most people confuse arranged marriage to being forced into marriage and they couldn't be more wrong. It's could be something as simple as organizing an event, have both parties meet (they know why they are there. . . so no pretense or coyness) and you talk.
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by KarmaMod(f): 4:23pm On Feb 02, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

L

Most people confuse arranged marriage to being forced into marriage and they couldn't be more wrong. It's could be something as simple as organizing an event, have both parties meet (they know why they are there. . . so no pretense or coyness) and you talk.

I consider that as "giving a push", not really arranged

and most parents consider what THEY think are suitable requirements, not yours.
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:24pm On Feb 02, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Wachu gonna do??
!! cheesy cheesy

I hope he doesn't give boring jokes If he does, be ready to marry husband 2.

Wait a min, did he submit an application, ehn? Which kain match maker u be sef . . .

I am replacing u with busy_body ASAP tongue
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by SisiJinx: 4:26pm On Feb 02, 2009
dani1luv:

Please dont make a scene here

Oh oh! I stepped in doodoo with that one huh?

See ya

Seriously though. . . getting with Tgirl? You should be so lucky.
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:35pm On Feb 02, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

awwwww . . . so sweet

I changed ma mind. U is d one cheesy
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by SisiJinx: 4:36pm On Feb 02, 2009
KarmaMod:

I consider that as "giving a push", not really arranged

and most parents consider what THEY think are suitable requirements, not yours.

Yeah, those are the overbearing parents looking out for their own self interest. undecided

About Betrothal, it is not as archaic or horribly, horribly bad as some think it is. I know a few girls who were betrothed to guys (not old men ooh) when they were ye high and right now, they are together and very happy.

I guess in the end it just depends what the marriage means to the parents. . . Protecting your self interest or having your child's happiness at heart.

Tgirl4real:

awwwww . . . so sweet

I changed ma mind. U is d one cheesy

Ya know I got your back!!!!! grin
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by spikedcylinder: 4:57pm On Feb 02, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

No o, people don't confuse nada.

With the situation you described above, its more like a blind date than an arranged marriage. Here, both parties meet, test the waters and see if they are compatible. They don't have to get married if they don't really want to.

With arrangee, you have to marry the person. Prior meeting or not.
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by dani1luv: 7:07pm On Feb 02, 2009
Oh oh! I stepped in doodoo with that one huh?

See ya http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/bolt.gif

Come bak here dear

Do you say lucky . . . . hmmmm
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by SisiJinx: 7:28pm On Feb 02, 2009
Yes. . . Yes. . . I said lucky

Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by ifyalways(f): 8:26pm On Feb 02, 2009
@Topic,Both work,both fail undecided
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by OBVIOUS(m): 11:51pm On Feb 08, 2009
Arranged marriage. Both families have a mutual understanding what should take place.

Love is not a valid reason to get married to someone. Love fades.
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by sexyLeamon(f): 3:16am On May 05, 2009
OBVIOUS:

Love is not a valid reason to get married to someone. Love fades.
I disagree with that. real love dosn't
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Leilah(f): 2:06pm On May 05, 2009
When I was younger I had an arranged marriage through the mosque. It didnt work out and I have a child from that marriage. Thankfully, five years ago I married again to someone who I loved and knew well and still do.
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by sexyLeamon(f): 6:16am On May 08, 2009
Leilah:

When I was younger I had an arranged marriage through the mosque. It didnt work out and I have a child from that marriage. Thankfully, five years ago I married again to someone who I loved and knew well and still do.
perfect example of the downfall of arranged marriage
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by MrCrackles(m): 11:56am On May 08, 2009
Bring on love marriage tongue

Thunder fire arrangee stuvs!! grin
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by uzwu: 11:59am On May 08, 2009
Arranged marriage is not it at all. So intending arranged couple beware.

Even marriage between two best friends that have known each other is not that easy not to talk more of two strangers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am So Pissed Off At My Wife And Father In Law. / Solved / My Husband And Family Don't Like Each Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.