Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? (8559 Views)

Poll: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer?

Love Marriage: 64% (60 votes)
Arranged Marriage: 13% (13 votes)
any: 17% (16 votes)
don't want to get married: 4% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? / White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? / An Arranged Marriage: Is It Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by SisiEko1(f): 8:41pm On May 10, 2009
Funny thing is i and some friends had this discussion a few days ago, n my take on the issues is that which ever way love or arrangee (as we call it) still boils down to the same thing grin   It takes a whole life time to know someone, the ones u've know all ur life that claim they love u n u love them  turn out horrible sometimes  shocked, so wats the hassle undecided , u might aswell dance to anyone that comes ur way!! tongue
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by bawomolo(m): 12:45am On May 11, 2009
When the time is right, I will go back to Naija on my wife hunting trip, nothing will be arranged by my family.

lol did this dude just say wife hunting trip?
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Kitomania(m): 9:28am On May 11, 2009
Like this is all girls talk, , But let me barged in as one of the million
beneficiaries of an arranged marriage, , i once had love marriage which lasted for a while, But due the nature my job than, on the course chatting one day with a friend at home ( North ) he recommended a lady to me and today we happily married without any major ups and downs, I strongly support it 4u ladies.
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Beebabe: 6:55am On May 12, 2009
Arranged marriage is better and will work on 2 grounds:
1. If thr is compatibility
2. If none of d people concerned is in love with another person.
Love will most def set in later.
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by curri: 12:11pm On May 12, 2009
tgirl4rael. u're very funny fellow.wat if d guy is a pretender wat will u do after all, well, dats where am actually going 4me i prefer 2luv someone rili b4 goin in2 marriage.if u were cheated at one time,u av 2 tri again anoda time.dat's d'koko.
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by flexystar(f): 2:54pm On May 12, 2009
@spikedcylinder & @mrcrackles please if u guys are through with d arrangement you can send m a mail i wuld love to b d wedding planner wink grin grin
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Becomrrich: 3:27pm On May 13, 2009
Osisi what you do not know is that even the white man , now do Arranged marriage, But they call it DATING SERVICEs.

Arranged marriage in Africa are Referral service. Even job place have them. Arranged marriage in Africa involve people Refering you to others. People who trust you and believe in you. Not everybody get Arranged marriage. When you find a woman , who could not get married either by love marriage and Arranged marriage in Africa , you know the person must be bad.

People don’t do Arranged marriage for women or men who are bad. It is only the good one that they do for. Even in Yorubaland. The first wife of a man is allowed to look for a wife for his husband and marry her to his husband. Older Yoruba women do it. They look for a younger wife for their husband or sometime when they can not have children, the man first wife goes out to look for a new wife for her husband.

Yar Adua married his children out, just of late.
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by oluwdashmi(f): 11:03am On May 15, 2009
Whether Love or Arranged, what matters most is that the two should understand themselves and love each other cos it is a life time agreement
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Uniqua: 12:43am On May 29, 2009
love marraige is the obvious choice because as they say, the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know. marrying somebody you know nothing about is like jumping into an ocean, you don't know what to expect or what is at the bbottom. it's a dangerous risk and some ppl ened up marrying serial killers and such. x
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Kechukwu: 4:34pm On Jun 06, 2012
I have a girl and am planning to get married to her. she was introduced to me by my aunt. I did the rest myself by toasting her and following up the rest myself. The role my aunt played was jst arrange our meeting and i took of the rest all by myself from there. At the moment no one knows the status of our relationship except we both. Our parents 99% of their marriages was arrangy in does day and it worked 99.9999%.

Once a good recommendation is made for u use ur swaga to follow it up before u decide marriage. The decision is urs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wife Leaving Husband Because He's 'too Good' / I Am So Pissed Off At My Wife And Father In Law. / Solved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.