Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,933 members, 7,814,168 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja (38026 Views)

Jonathan: Obama Made It Clear He Wanted Change Of Govt In Nigeria / Fayose After The Fresh FM Challenge In Ibadan (photo) / Attack On Innocent Citizens By Fulani Herdsmen ( Graphic.pic ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
My common sense leads me to a different conclusion that your common sense leads you to.

Let us look at evidence that supports our opinions.

So I am offering you to look at my evidence by telling you to google:"confessions of an economic hitman"

jaybee3:

I really don't need to google anything bro. This is common sense

The only reason why the US will invest their resources in destabilising Nigeria or any country is to get something back in return.

Heck, why would they need to destabilise a country because of oil when their own shale oil is now economically viable?
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by ololo12: 5:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
I'll answer that. A stable and economically progressive Nigeria is a threat to US interest in Africa. Remember, how Nigeria quelled the Liberian war without the assistance of Uncle Sam. Uncle Sam saw that as a threat to her domineering influence on the African continent, coupled with the fact. Nigeria blatantly refused Africom base on her soil. Put the pieces of the puzzle together and you'll get the picture of things playing out now. Uncle Sam wants to see Nigeria disintegrated period!

jaybee3:

I really don't need to google anything bro. This is common sense

The only reason why the US will invest their resources in destabilising Nigeria or any country is to get something back in return.

Heck, why would they need to destabilise a country because of oil when their own shale oil is now economically viable?

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by appini: 5:08pm On Apr 14, 2015
Kerry you again..? the deadly accord you signed with Baba one chance when he came to London before the elections were the beginning of the doomsday that is awaiting not only the recalcitrants we have within us; but also your citizens too.

It is going to be like a film trick to you and your puppets.
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by ololo12: 5:09pm On Apr 14, 2015
Uncle Sam has never been a friend to any African country, and isn't in support of the progress of any African country.
GenBuhari:
My common sense leads me to a different conclusion that your common sense leads you to.

Let us look at evidence that supports our opinions.

So I am offering you to look at my evidence by telling you to google:"confessions of an economic hitman"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by holluwai(m): 5:09pm On Apr 14, 2015
How did the last govt protect Nigerians? Is it the case of the chibok girls? The bomb blasts in Abuja? They should allow us see how GMB and his team will play out.
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by tellwisdom: 5:09pm On Apr 14, 2015
Who's ruling me. U.S or Nigeria? angry
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by Itulah(m): 5:09pm On Apr 14, 2015
barcanista:
they forced GeJ out to get their way, let's see how Buhari handles them. SS is watching... cool

Why do i keep having this feeling that the Buhari administration will be the worse in Africa not just Nigeria? And aside from that, the granpa suffers from "Anorexic and Malnutrition"

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by millionaireman: 5:09pm On Apr 14, 2015
jaybee3:
US again angry angry angry angry

Oh i gerrit.. They are trying to scare us into an agreement where they had be able to create/hold a base in Naija.

Make dem park well jor!

Nigerians must say No to any US Military Base near Nigeria.
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by mightycrown1(m): 5:11pm On Apr 14, 2015
[size=18pt] THIS USA GET PROBLEMS O, THEY SAID NIGERIA WILL SEPARATE BY 2015 THINKING 2015 ELECTION WILL MAKE THEIR PREDICTION COME TO PASS THEY DONT KNOW NIGERIA BELONG TO GOD AND THE NIGERIANS ARE WISE. THEY HAVE COME WITH ANOTHER ONE. THIS TIME AROUND BACK TO THE SENDER IS OUR RESPONSE TO THEM. SE BI MO WI RE? [/size]

1 Like

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by Oseman07(m): 5:13pm On Apr 14, 2015
[quote author=wakacome post=32713578]grin grin grin grin chai american government no go kill person with laughter,what do they really want from nigeria??

Your hatred for buhari is not as useless as your lack of common sense.....

Do u guys remember when this same U.S predicted that Naija would collapse under GEJ govt? Did it collapse? No it was only prevented. But had GEJ won d election there would av been violence in d North!
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by Itulah(m): 5:14pm On Apr 14, 2015
ohenhen1:
The Us government is also finding it difficult to protect their citizens against terrorism. Instead of cooperating with Nigeria, the hypocritical US government is busy trying to criticize Nigeria. The US is not our ally. We should form better relations with Russia, Brazil, China and India. Maybe we can join the BRIC in the future. I am not going to vote for Hillary Clinton in 2016.

Who are you?? undecided undecided
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 14, 2015
jaybee3:

Oh i gerrit.. They are trying to scare us into an agreement where they had be able to create/hold a base in Naija.

Make dem park well jor!

I support, and wholeheartedly by the way, an opportunity for a U.S. Marine base in Maiduguri and either a Japanese or Chinese base is Port Harcourt.
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 14, 2015
barcanista:
they forced GeJ out to get their way, let's see how Buhari handles them. SS is watching... cool
you Are becoming Something else every damn day
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 14, 2015
Had GEJ "won" then we would be in the midst of full scale civil war now. He couldn't rig so he lost hence no collapse. The U.S. is right.
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by DeepSight(m): 5:19pm On Apr 14, 2015
jaybee3:

Ask yourself this question, what's in it for them, Oil?

In International Politics, there is always incentive for powers such as the U.S to neutralize states which represent substantial international influence in any given sub-region, if such states are capable of taking positions contrary to the political objectives of the concerned power.

An example would be Nigeria's handling of the issue of the proposed U.S Africa Command.

There is thus always an incentive for the concerned power to ensure that it has a suitable government in place with respect to its political and diplomatic interests.

The issue of the Africa Command is one example. I believe there are many.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by appini: 5:19pm On Apr 14, 2015
millionaireman:

Nigerians must say No to any US Military Base near Nigeria.

Na now una eyes open, when GEJ was defending Nigerians from the useless bloodsuckers you all wanted change.

This Baba one chance govt will be truncated within the first two years.
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 14, 2015
thank you. help me tell them.
ololo12:
Uncle Sam has never been a friend to any African country, and isn't in support of the progress of any African country.
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by millionaireman: 5:22pm On Apr 14, 2015
The US has gotten the puppet it wants as president in Nigeria; US Secretary of state, John Kerry, was merely exploring ways to help stabilize Buhari presidency.

Perhaps having US Military "AFRICOM" headquartered in the Nigerdelta against militants action, in guise of checkmating terrorists, is in the offing.

All the time BH terrorists were striking in the far north, which foreign country cared - the north is like Syria - no mineral resources, no foreign power cares?

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by DeepSight(m): 5:23pm On Apr 14, 2015
ololo12:
I'll answer that. A stable and economically progressive Nigeria is a threat to US interest in Africa. Remember, how Nigeria quelled the Liberian war without the assistance of Uncle Sam. Uncle Sam saw that as a threat to her domineering influence on the African continent, coupled with the fact. Nigeria blatantly refused Africom base on her soil. Put the pieces of the puzzle together and you'll get the picture of things playing out now. Uncle Sam wants to see Nigeria disintegrated period!

Thanks - I just mentioned Africomm to him before seeing this. Perhaps Jaybee doesn't understand international politics. Sub Regional powers such as Nigeria are always a threat to the hegemony of a concerned alien power like the US. It would always be sensible policy on their part to water down our soft and hard power. The outright refusal to sell arms to Nigeria on human rights grounds speaks a lot to any one who understands these things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by ajebuter(f): 5:27pm On Apr 14, 2015
Pita99:
Definitely they will have Challenges but we are optimistic the new Government will Counter those Challenges. Hopefully they wont be as Clueless as the Previous government grin grin

Of course! The new government is our messiah in shinning armour and there will be absolutely no problems under our new savior!

Dream on!
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by darlenese(f): 5:29pm On Apr 14, 2015
After giving baba their support they have started giving negative report that will make baba to jump up from his seat, chaii

Anyway baba now knows that GEJ is not clueless afterall, the truth is ,Nigeria is a different country to govern, and Baba will be making a big mistake if he thinks the only problem facing Nigeria is corruption cry
Baba get ready for Nigerians ooo
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 14, 2015
jaybee3:

Make dem park well jor!

Gbam!! since d country didn't fall apart as they predicted, they are singing another bob marley song, make dem kontinue cool
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by SirShymexx: 5:29pm On Apr 14, 2015
But why do these AU serfs always travel to western capitals for their meetings?

What was the AU headquarters in Addis Ababa built for, if I may ask?

Asians never do that - rather they invite western leaders to their meetings in their own part of the world. Ditto South Africans and even Arabs.

Only AU plonkers line up like modern-day slaves, acting like kids, all over western capitals. It's just disgraceful. They might as well scrap the utter useless union, and stop disgracing black people everywhere.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by mmsen: 5:29pm On Apr 14, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Can these people leave us alone for once?
Though I'm not a Buhari loyalist, But Uncle Sam should let us be, Let's see what Buhari has to offer. I'm gradually becoming wary of Uncle Sam(U.S)

Anyone who has read more than two pages of any 20th century history book should be wary of Uncle Sam.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by millionaireman: 5:30pm On Apr 14, 2015
DeepSight:

In International Politics, there is always incentive for powers such as the U.S to neutralize states which represent substantial international influence in any given sub-region, if such states are capable of taking positions contrary to the political objectives of the concerned power.

An example would be Nigeria's handling of the issue of the proposed U.S Africa Command.

There is thus always an incentive for the concerned power to ensure that it has a suitable government in place with respect to its political and diplomatic interests.

The issue of the Africa Command is one example. I believe there are many.

And a president Buhari is most likely to say Yes to US Military African Command to be based in or nearest Nigeria. That may pave way for northern Nigeria Oligarchic/foreigners total colonization of Nigeria.
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by darlenese(f): 5:30pm On Apr 14, 2015
ajebuter:

Of course! The new government is our messiah in shinning armour and there will be absolutely no problems under our new savior!

Dream on!

Lol
What a superb response

1 Like

Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 14, 2015
jaybee3:

Absolutely no point making a bold claim without substantiating it with evidence

Please educate us on the politics that was deployed by US and played out by the electorates to push GEJ out

He was scammed out of power by guymen surrounding him grin grin
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by PLEXPLEX(m): 5:31pm On Apr 14, 2015
Pita99:
Definitely they will have Challenges but we are optimistic the new Government will Counter those Challenges. Hopefully they wont be as Clueless as the Previous government grin grin

CLUELESS INDEED!
ARE U NOT CLUELESS ABOUT WAT AWAIT THE NEW GOVERNMENT & NIGERIA?
PEOPLE THAT NOT CLUELESS ONLY PRAYS RIGHT NOW BECAUSE HE ALONG KNOWS WAT TOMORROW HOLDS
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by DeepSight(m): 5:33pm On Apr 14, 2015
millionaireman:

And a president Buhari is most likely to say Yes to US Military African Command to be based in or nearest Nigeria. That may pave way for northern Nigeria Oligarchic/foreigners total colonization of Nigeria.

I don't know what Buhari's stance is on it.
I was only pointing out what factors could drive international interest.

It neednt be just oil, as Jaybee seemed to suggest, in expressing his doubts.
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by PLEXPLEX(m): 5:35pm On Apr 14, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Can these people leave us alone for once?
Though I'm not a Buhari loyalist, But Uncle Sam should let us be, Let's see what Buhari has to offer. I'm gradually becoming wary of Uncle Sam(U.S)

THE ONLY SPEAK IT THE WAY IT IS.
THEY KNOW WHAT TERRORISM TRULY IS.
WHAT DOES BUHARI KNOW ABOUT TERRORISM?
Re: U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja by Kobeje(m): 5:37pm On Apr 14, 2015
Nothing goes for nothing. All the effort to get GEJ out (though justified somehow) with their help is never free.

NO FREE LUNCH ANYWHERE!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari / 2023 Loading: Osinbajo And El-Rufai In Pictures / Rivers Lawmakers Serve Impeachment Notice On Gov Fubara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.