Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony (8050 Views)

The Mixed Reactions Between Obj And Gej At The Handover Ceremony / Preparations In Its Final Stages At The Eagles Square Ahead Of The Handover.pics / See Photos Of Buhari And His Children In Abuja As They Prepare For The Handover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by skykenny: 9:38pm On Apr 14, 2015
Na you won kill am?
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 14, 2015
webincomeplus:

Don't mind the goofs, including the st.u.pid lecturer who doesn't know jack about Nigerian laws. To think an opposition party would replace a deceased elected candidate is even senseless.

Nigerian lecturers teaching their students bullsh.it since 1972AD.
See this retardd who didn't even finish secondary skul is calling my lecturer stu.pid, smh. Seen the constitution lately? Read it. And then come say something with your brains not ur immature balls.
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by skykenny: 9:41pm On Apr 14, 2015
Flets:

His deputy will be sworn in and life goes on
Na lie. If baba dies, GEJ till 2019 becomes a reality but God forbid.
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by wordcat(m): 9:42pm On Apr 14, 2015
youngpol:
He's a lawyer.. He knows the constitution. He quoted the position of the law on such matter. When last did you flip through the pages of the Nigerian Constitution?

And as a good student, are u not suppose to remember to section of the constitution he quoted?

Do u knw why Amaechi became the governor of Rivers state even without contesting the said election?

Please don't allow me to ask u the name of your school?

2 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by omenalfa: 9:42pm On Apr 14, 2015
webincomeplus:

You didn't get my point. I was only agreeing with the guy who said the whole decision remains with the party (APC). And I was blasting the ignorant goofs who in their dreams expect GEJ to carry on.

Well, to answer your question directly, the party was voted. The party fielded the candidate who won, and the same party will be required to provide a replacement if the unexpected happens to the candidate who actually won. The opposition isn't in the picture at all. So, whether or not Buhari dies before May 29, GEJ won't stay a day longer.

You didn't answer the question

Who is elected? the candidate or the party?

1 Like

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by ozoigbondu: 9:44pm On Apr 14, 2015
Here is the answer.....osibanjo will take over and appoint a new vice.......the question should be what happens if a president elect and his vice dies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by modhream: 9:44pm On Apr 14, 2015
youngpol:
Same question my lecturer asked and the whole class kept very quiet. He answered it though, says Jonathan would continue his rule as if nothing happened since the he's the candidate with 2nd highest votes. I've silently been praying nobody gets any ideas and Buhari isn't nabbed before he's sworn in.

Sai Buhari.
Whichever institution employed that your "lecturer" should relieve him of that duty asap,cos he's ended up dumbing you down the more

2 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by omenalfa: 9:46pm On Apr 14, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Here is the answer.....osibanjo will take over and appoint a new vice

Thanks
Let me start praying to Satan to work his wonders
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by wordcat(m): 9:46pm On Apr 14, 2015
youngpol:
He's a lawyer.. He knows the constitution. He quoted the position of the law on such matter. When last did you flip through the pages of the Nigerian Constitution?

I challenge you to quote the said constitution ozuoooooo
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by omenalfa: 9:47pm On Apr 14, 2015
so osinbade will take over but if that happens, the north will go mad

Buhari's death might eventually divide this country
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 14, 2015
wordcat:

And as a good student, are u not suppose to remember to section of the constitution he quoted?

Do u knw why Amaechi became the governor of Rivers state even without contesting the said election?

Please don't allow me to ask u the name of your school?
Checked the constitution yet? Lemme knw wen you do. There's no point engaging in blind arguements. Speak about death to a Nigerian and he'll call you demonic and start sprinkling holy water, smh.. Your brains tho..

1 Like

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by eposho: 9:50pm On Apr 14, 2015
And no one can correct this your crap English
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 14, 2015
the question is educative , but why must you put buhari name? wishing ur fellow human being death,haba that is unfair ... let assume ur dad is the president elect.. and you saw this on internet, how will you feel... let us use our common sense when typing things on net

1 Like

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by modhream: 9:53pm On Apr 14, 2015
youngpol:
See this retardd who didn't even finish secondary skul is calling my lecturer stu.pid, smh. Seen the constitution lately? Read it. And then come say something with your brains not ur immature balls.
Did that section of the akara paper your "lecturer" quoted contain the following:
"136. (1) If a person duly elected as
President dies before taking and
subscribing the Oath of Allegiance
and oath of office, or is for any
reason whatsoever unable to be
sworn in, the person elected with
him as Vice-President shall be
sworn in as President and he shall
nominate a new Vice-President who
shall be appointed by the President
with the approval by a simple
majority of the National Assembly
at a joint sitting."
That's from the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,1999 as amended.
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 14, 2015
wordcat:

I challenge you to quote the said constitution ozuoooooo
Go to school brother.. Pass your jamb and with luck ur putme. Then maybe ur dumb brain would wake up. Aturu.
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by saintaustine(m): 9:56pm On Apr 14, 2015
You Are Evil, I Can See It In Your Eyes, Our Effort In Ensuring That NIGERIA Is Great Again Shall Not Be In Vain. Not Even You And Your Evil Powers Can stop It.
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Paretomaster(m): 10:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
holy ghost fire!!!!!! + lailafi + back to sender.
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by wordcat(m): 10:03pm On Apr 14, 2015
youngpol:
Go to school brother.. Pass your jamb and with luck ur putme. Then maybe ur dumb brain would wake up. Aturu.

Ewu ocha, I read Education but I knw law more than your lecturer that's if you have seen the four walls of varsity.
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by gambus007(m): 10:03pm On Apr 14, 2015
youngpol:
Same question my lecturer asked and the whole class kept very quiet. He answered it though, says Jonathan would continue his rule as if nothing happened since the he's the candidate with 2nd highest votes. I've silently been praying nobody gets any ideas and Buhari isn't nabbed before he's sworn in.

Sai Buhari.
Your lecturer must b from South South or South East....
Only God knows tomorrow.never wish bad on your brother.Baba will not die....By God's grace he will age to 100plus.

3 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by HopeAtHand: 10:04pm On Apr 14, 2015
omenalfa:

Who is elected? the candidate or the party?

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 14, 2015
wordcat:

Ewu ocha, I read Education but I knw law more than your lecturer that's if you have seen the four walls of varsity.
Oh College of Education. Figured.
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by wordcat(m): 10:10pm On Apr 14, 2015
youngpol:
Checked the constitution yet? Lemme knw wen you do. There's no point engaging in blind arguements. Speak about death to a Nigerian and he'll call you demonic and start sprinkling holy water, smh.. Your brains tho..

Big FOoOL. Show us the section of the constitution your lawyer lecturer qouted from.

FYI, I've the 1999 constitution and the 1999 constitution as amended thou am not a lawyer.
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by phelps007: 10:10pm On Apr 14, 2015
youngpol:

Sai Buhari.

Your lecturer said that?
Jesus is Lord.
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by MEILYN(m): 10:11pm On Apr 14, 2015
youngpol:
That your lecturer needs to be re-taught, in fact, going back to school would do him enough good. My 15 year old younger brother knows that when a sitting or a President elect dies, his deputy takes over.
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 14, 2015
youngpol:

Sai Buhari.

Your lecturer na olodo. What happens to buhari's vice?

2 Likes

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by wordcat(m): 10:14pm On Apr 14, 2015
youngpol:
Oh College of Education. Figured.

Okoko, Stop making fool of yourself. So in your small brain, any body that reads eduction is a product of college of educ?

I graduted from Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma-Edo state and knw it that AAU is the FIRST state owned varsity in Nigeria.
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Folakeme: 10:21pm On Apr 14, 2015
Some people sha undecided

Op Ori e ti gbale(Your head don sweep ground) angry
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by wordcat(m): 10:23pm On Apr 14, 2015
[quote author=HopeAtHand post=32727403][/quote]

Buhari was given the certificate of return because he is the party's Standard bearer.
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Myself2(m): 10:25pm On Apr 14, 2015
Danrizzle:
Was wondering what the next line of action would be if Buhari was to die weeks to the official handover ceremony. Please any clarifications whatsoever?

If it happens,then we would have been saved the bad record of having a semi-literate certificate forger as president.

Bagas that want to quote me,go ahead and I will reply you in kind.Idiiots
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by WoodenGate: 10:26pm On Apr 14, 2015
youngpol.:
thunder fire and perish u and that ur stupid lecturer. What if your mother die this night who ll breast feed your family again?

1 Like

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by gambus007(m): 10:32pm On Apr 14, 2015
[quote author=Danrizzle post=32724226]Was wondering what the next line of action would be if Buhari was to die weeks to the official handover ceremony. Please any clarifications whatsoever? [/q
Is your father alive?if yes?i was wondering what the next line of action would be if your FATHER OR MOTHER was to die weeks to the official handover ceremony.....will you watch the handover ceremony that morning?
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by fritiyo: 10:33pm On Apr 14, 2015
Flets:

His deputy will be sworn in and life goes on

Nigerians did not vote for his deputy rather they voted for buhari as a condidate.
constitutional, if buhari dies (God forbid) before the sworn in which i pray will mot happen to him, GEJ will be sworn in as the president been the runner up in the election.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Innoson Seals GTB At Bridgehead Onitsha / Death Of Makoko Chief (Timothy Agbe): Fashola To Blame - Femi Falana / The North Must Stop Bombing Nigeria & Blaming Jonathan. - Prof Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.