Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony (8051 Views)

The Mixed Reactions Between Obj And Gej At The Handover Ceremony / Preparations In Its Final Stages At The Eagles Square Ahead Of The Handover.pics / See Photos Of Buhari And His Children In Abuja As They Prepare For The Handover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by gambus007(m): 10:33pm On Apr 14, 2015
Danrizzle:
Was wondering what the next line of action would be if Buhari was to die weeks to the official handover ceremony. Please any clarifications whatsoever?

Is your father alive?if yes?i was wondering what the next
line of action would be if your FATHER OR MOTHER was
to die weeks to the official handover ceremony.....will you
watch the handover ceremony that morning?
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Paitty(f): 10:37pm On Apr 14, 2015
Am not surprised some people are harboring such thoughts in their hearts,.

Don't forget he is a human being like u
And it is so unfair to wish dat for him

Baba,..it is not ur portion
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by KanwuliaJara: 11:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
The WEST killed him!
Suspect #1. . . . OSINBAD THE SAILOR! lipsrsealed
They put him there and WILL TAKE HIM OUT to hold on to PAWA!

Beware of DRUG-PUSHING, FAKE ALAUSA MUSLIMS! lipsrsealed

Like BOLA IGE. . . . lipsrsealed

His own case will be different!

He will die of "old age" and "supernatural causes"! lipsrsealed

Sai Buhari! You don jam OGBONI CULT! cheesy

1 Like

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by KingEtuas: 11:08pm On Apr 14, 2015
Section 136 of d constitution is clear on this. The VP takes over n nominate a VP 2b approved by a simple majority of both houses in a joint session. Wia both died, INEC will conduct another election.
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by missKiffy(f): 11:08pm On Apr 14, 2015
Danrizzle:
Was wondering what the next line of action would be if Buhari was to die weeks to the official handover ceremony. Please any clarifications whatsoever?

This is so wrong
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by drake2(m): 11:21pm On Apr 14, 2015
youngpol:
Same question my lecturer asked and the whole class kept very quiet. He answered it though, says Jonathan would continue his rule as if nothing happened since the he's the candidate with 2nd highest votes. I've silently been praying nobody gets any ideas and Buhari isn't nabbed before he's sworn in.

Sai Buhari.

U, ur lecturer, ur school and quiet class mates una dey Ado-Ekiti Polytechnic?

1 Like

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Gabrielsylar(m): 11:24pm On Apr 14, 2015
Danrizzle:
ode
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by cocokiller1(f): 11:25pm On Apr 14, 2015
cheesy
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by ibisko04: 11:32pm On Apr 14, 2015
Anybody with negatives thinking towards Nigeria and Nigerians now or in the nearest future shall have his/her negative taught happening in his/her immediate family.
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by kellyJames5(m): 11:32pm On Apr 14, 2015
modhream:

Did that section of the akara paper your "lecturer" quoted contain the following:
"136. (1) If a person duly elected as
President dies before taking and
subscribing the Oath of Allegiance
and oath of office, or is for any
reason whatsoever unable to be
sworn in, the person elected with
him as Vice-President shall be
sworn in as President and he shall
nominate a new Vice-President who
shall be appointed by the President
with the approval by a simple
majority of the National Assembly
at a joint sitting."
That's from the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,1999 as amended.

Read chapter 136(2) and tell me the difference.
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by handsomenairala: 11:38pm On Apr 14, 2015
youngpol:
He's a lawyer.. He knows the constitution. He quoted the position of the law on such matter. When last did you flip through the pages of the Nigerian Constitution?

You better stop attending his lectures before you become a dunce like your lecturer.

If Buhari dies today, Osinbajo takes over just like Jonathan took over after the demise of his boss.

Buhari/Osinbajo are already Nigeria president and vice president.

They are only waiting for a mere ceremony

There is nothing in our constitution that says otherwise
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by kalufelix(m): 11:42pm On Apr 14, 2015
KingEtuas:
Wia both died, INEC will conduct another election.
haha...make una take am easy o no be fowl naa
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by coolitempa(f): 11:43pm On Apr 14, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Was that not the plan? grin
Muchechecheche

Old cargo toto...... grin grin grin...granmama.... grin
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Kassidy90(m): 11:43pm On Apr 14, 2015
youngpol:
Same question my lecturer asked and the whole class kept very quiet. He answered it though, says Jonathan would continue his rule as if nothing happened since the he's the candidate with 2nd highest votes. I've silently been praying nobody gets any ideas and Buhari isn't nabbed before he's sworn in.

Sai Buhari.
I think I disagree with ur lecturer.... If such happened APC owns the mandate of President Elect therefore the runner up from APC primary election takes over...I think similar thing happened to Ameachi when he won primary election for Governorship but his name was substituted and someone else contested in the general election and won then Ameachi later challenged the case and he was declared as the winner of the primaries and since the mandate of the seat won in the general elections belongs to the party it was handed over to him..........I read it somewhere back in 2007, but if its no so I need someone to enlighten me....
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 14, 2015
If Buhari dies be in no doubt that he has been taken out by America and their Nigerian stooges.

It would cause a constitutional crisis, giving the excuse to appoint America's choice of their most loyal house slaves: Either Thief Obasanjo, IBB, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Danjuma, as interim president, to preside until the job of breaking up Nigeria is completed.

The military may be instructed by America to seize power using excuse of the constitutional crisis (which America engineered)

If prof Osinbajo is allowed to be sworn in, then it means he was selected by America for that eventuality to do America's bidding and allow the break up of Nigeria. Some things make me highly suspicious of the VP elect.
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by kalufelix(m): 11:48pm On Apr 14, 2015
Dude will barely make it to 2019 anyway...
One day one day monkey go go london e no go return again...
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by holatin(m): 11:56pm On Apr 14, 2015
fritiyo:

Nigerians did not vote for his deputy rather they voted for buhari as a condidate.
constitutional, if buhari dies (God forbid) before the sworn in which i pray will mot happen to him, GEJ will be sworn in as the president been the runner up in the election.
men you dumb no be small oooo
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 15, 2015
Danrizzle:

Then he will be buried
What is the confusion? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Dmony: 12:14am On Apr 15, 2015
bokohalal:
Buhari won the election under APC. APC still gets to provide the incoming president as they deem fit as in, (1)the vice taking over ,
(2) regionalism or
(3)any other manner the party stipulates.
In a nutshell, it is APC's business.
May Jah bless you,they do not know its under the platform of a party buhari was elected and the party will bring forward another candidate similar to that of Amaechi's and Celestine scenario
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by liquidmetall: 12:22am On Apr 15, 2015
webincomeplus:

Don't mind the goofs, including the st.u.pid lecturer who doesn't know jack about Nigerian laws. To think an opposition party would replace a deceased elected candidate is even senseless.

Nigerian lecturers teaching their students bullsh.it since 1972AD.
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by chacoonder(m): 12:38am On Apr 15, 2015
Danrizzle:
PDP members!!!..Their thinking is always irrational.
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Nobody: 12:48am On Apr 15, 2015
Dmony:

May Jah bless you,they do not know its under the platform of a party buhari was elected and the party will bring forward another candidate similar to that of Amaechi's and Celestine scenario

Succession in the event of death is a constitutional issue
It's not up to the party

Here in the USA the hierarchy is

President
VP
Speaker of the house
Senate president
Secretary of State

The nigerian constitution must have something sImilar
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Nobody: 1:06am On Apr 15, 2015
drake2:

U, ur lecturer, ur school and quiet class mates una dey Ado-Ekiti Polytechnic?
And is this supposed to be funny?
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Rexology: 1:07am On Apr 15, 2015
This thought alone is Treasonable...and should be charged to court for thinking a Treasonable thought.

Please be positive in your thought...
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 15, 2015
WoodenGate:
thunder fire and perish u and that ur stupid lecturer. What if your mother die this night who ll breast feed your family again?
My mother is already dead, so what are you saying? Or we could turn it around, let it be ur sick mother that dies this time.

1 Like

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Nobody: 1:12am On Apr 15, 2015
wordcat:

Okoko, Stop making fool of yourself. So in your small brain, any body that reads eduction is a product of college of educ?

I graduted from Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma-Edo state and knw it that AAU is the FIRST state owned varsity in Nigeria.
What a boring life story, put your hands together for yourself
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Nobody: 1:14am On Apr 15, 2015
phelps007:

Your lecturer said that?
Jesus is Lord.
You just realized? Congrats..
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Nobody: 1:15am On Apr 15, 2015
babyosisi:

Then he will be buried
What is the confusion? grin
I love this Babe, lolzzz.
@OP, please correct your Lecturer fast using Section 136 (1)&(2).
GEJ doesn't even want to come back, should INEC reorganise a fresh election in case both the President - elect and Vice President -elect die before Oath of Office.
The Party has no role here other than no nominate fresh candidates.
This is a No-Brainer naaaa.

What we should worry more about is how the incoming govt fund the economy without Oil and Gas.

1 Like

Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Nobody: 1:16am On Apr 15, 2015
wordcat:

Big FOoOL. Show us the section of the constitution your lawyer lecturer qouted from.

FYI, I've the 1999 constitution and the 1999 constitution as amended thou am not a lawyer.
Silence it is yet again..
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Ilekeh(f): 1:17am On Apr 15, 2015
Demonic Nigerians at it again.
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by Nobody: 1:23am On Apr 15, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Here is the answer.....osibanjo will take over and appoint a new vice.......the question should be what happens if a president elect and his vice dies
Oga you have answered your question sub-section (2) naaa
Re: What If Buhari Died Before The Handover Ceremony by boladeen(m): 1:48am On Apr 15, 2015
youngpol:

Sai Buhari.
Chai diariz god ooo. Cos say u drank ogogoro+sapele weed and stagger enter night class and d next tin is to go seek a constitutional tutorial from an 100 level art student claiming to b lawyer. Smh but wait ooo if rili dat boy u called ur lecturer was rili one pls don't hesitate to gun him down for not bin able to discharge his duty well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Change Begins With Me Is My Idea — Lai Mohammed / FG, States Budget N5.6tr For Salaries, Overheads / 2019 Polls: Don’t Return Thieves To Power, APC Warns(The Nation)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.