Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,381 members, 7,846,618 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Advice From Married Men/women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice From Married Men/women (926 Views)

Dating Married Men / 5 Reasons Most Ladies Prefer Married Men - Brainnewsng.com / Unbelievable Sex Stories From Married Women In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice From Married Men/women by marcnelly: 11:14pm On Apr 14, 2015
Hi friends, Before I start I would like to say a big thank you to all Nairalanders because I have been a big time beneficiary of most topics ranging from romance (boyfriend girlfriend thing) to computer and virus thing to phone advice and coping with irate bosses, even though I don't comment.

I will be most greatful if the couples here give me their humble advice cos I need their experience.

I have gotten to a ripe age for marriage and have been praying to God for the man from whose rib I was taken from. I have a good paying job, mentally and emotionally sound for marriage, prayed and listened to different mp3's on marriage. There are lot of guys who want to date me but I feel I have grown past d age of casual dating and need to settle down, based on this I remind God that he is not an author of confusion and that I don't want to get confused with different proposals from men. that only the man from whose rib I was taken from should be persistent on asking for my hand in marriage.

My brothers and sisters, since August last year, there is this man that has been on my neck proposing marriage. I have tried all I can to avoid him, discourage him etc because I am not attracted to him, but he keeps saying he has made his decision. I don't know why am not attracted to him, but maybe its because am more educated than he is and I earn more than he does.

Please help a sister with your humble advice on what to do because it seems like the guys am waiting for are not ready.

No insults please.
Thanks
Re: Advice From Married Men/women by Briee(f): 11:17pm On Apr 14, 2015
I won't say much , you said you are not attracted to him, that is a no no for me.
Re: Advice From Married Men/women by jamex93(m): 11:18pm On Apr 14, 2015
u see waiting dey vex me

"because u r educated than he is"

kai, I pray too much education will not make u miss it out

and about u not attracted to him

its simply because u don't want to

1 Like

Re: Advice From Married Men/women by marcnelly: 12:33am On Apr 15, 2015
jamex93:
u see waiting dey vex me

"because u r educated than he is"

kai, I pray too much education will not make u miss it out

and about u not attracted to him

its simply because u don't want to

like I said, I don't know why am not attracted to him. but what I know that may put me off is the fact that I earn more than he does and am more educated. Am just trying hard to think........
Re: Advice From Married Men/women by Nobody: 2:10am On Apr 15, 2015
marcnelly:

like I said, I don't know why am not attracted to him. but what I know that may put me off is the fact that I earn more than he does and am more educated. Am just trying hard to think........

Well you have to let go of this idea of education and the amount you earn....

It rare to see a man who will still go ahead to marry a lady that is more educated and richer than him...it pulls down our ego....

The only reason you are not attracted to him is because you don't want to....

Until these is scraped out there is 85% percent probability that after him the next man won't last long with you because of these your “am educated and richer” beliefs that you make your priority.....

Or you can continue with these kind of attitude and when you get old adopt a child as your own....

Only one man out of thousands will still go ahead and marry a lady that is more educated and earns more than him..and the present one is the man...

Just as you stated the ones you want are not ready for you....

The ball is in your court

2 Likes

Re: Advice From Married Men/women by ronald4lif(m): 2:28am On Apr 15, 2015
He simply does not meet up to your standard and interest in a relationship/marriage. In this case academics qualifications and wages.

If you can't love him then don't marry him. Marrying for pity is never a good one.

But if you'd preferred someone who loves you than the one you love then that man strikes me as one. Very few men will want to marry a woman who earns more than them. I'm not sure I can.

1 Like

Re: Advice From Married Men/women by jamex93(m): 8:47am On Apr 15, 2015
marcnelly:

ok
Re: Advice From Married Men/women by dapsy4u2(m): 9:30am On Apr 15, 2015
@OP It's not advisable you proceed with that guy to start any relationship at all. You're not attracted to him is a valid reason for you not to start what u can't finish. If eventually you go into a relationship with him, you'll resent him always and he'll see it as an opportunity to live off you as well since you are more educated and earn more than him.
In all I wish you all the best. Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice From Married Men/women by marcnelly: 9:25pm On Apr 16, 2015
Thanks friends for your comments and opinion. remain blessed.

(1) (Reply)

Is Trying To Win A Girl's Heart During Church Service A Sin? / How To Ask A Girl Out And Get A Yes. / Advice Or Warning To Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.