Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) (39554 Views)

Listen To Your Wife, Reps Tell Buhari- Vanguard / We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) / How We Will Stop Boko Haram, By Muhammadu Buhari--vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by mazinaija: 11:31am On Apr 15, 2015
Buhari is about to clash with Tinubu, because he is beneficiary....Watching to see as events unfolds
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Chigold101(m): 11:41am On Apr 15, 2015
M16:

Where did Buhari ever claim to be corrupt? Lying only exposes your limited intelligence
as a person with unlimited intelligence you should have known that i mistakenly omitted the word “not.“

I will also go to check my original comment to make sure you are not the one the removed “not“ from the “corrupt“
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by coolbis: 11:45am On Apr 15, 2015
Bayswater:
And the usual pandering continues. This is a law passed by the state house of assembly. This law can only be changed by the men that passed it. Buhari needs to chill and stop feeding on the ignorance of the Nigerian masses.
but dont forget that apc now controls 21 out of 33states declared yet, so he can persuade them to share his dream@ least for this first 4 years.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Chigold101(m): 11:46am On Apr 15, 2015
noblezone:

Hey, do you what you are talking about here?
This is a general we are talking about here!
He will remove the laws with "immediate effect"!
Or jail all the lawmakers who made such laws.

Em, bros, no talk say na me tel you oo.
am sure this guy i joking.

But if he is not joking. Then he must be high on some baby powder...(just joking sha)
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Chigold101(m): 11:53am On Apr 15, 2015
coolbis:
but dont forget that apc now controls 21 out of 33states declared yet, so he can persuade them to share his dream@ least for this first 4 years.
na wa for you oh. This has nothing to do with other states, it is about those states that signed into law.

It is only in about 5states which are all APC states. The point is this. Those that are benefiting from Lagos state is Tinubu & his deputies to be joined by fashola, his deputy & the speaker.

This does not concern another state. Therefore controlling 21states does not come into play. Even APC controling NAS & Senate has no power in this issue.

To make it worst, the president has no power in this matter.

But he will have Tinubu, Fashola & Amaechi to contend with. If he insist on bribing SHA members to do his wish.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Globawatch: 12:28pm On Apr 15, 2015
babs01:
welcome developmnt. but won't they be embezling our money since there is no pension afta leaving d office.

B4 unko
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 15, 2015
Vello:
wink
As quoted from ur personal text of course so, why pretentiously feigning confused? Then how about a personal picture in your profile to corroborate ur claim?
I was actually trying to find the correlation between my initial post and my personal text.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by VULCAN(m): 12:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
jcmaiah:

Pension is part of civil service, I don't see anything wrong with that. The only thing is to cut the pay. Removing it completely is wrong.

...And since when was a Governor a civil servant? Have you seen anyone win an election into a civil service post?

What they should be given is a relatively small monthly allowance. That will be enough
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 15, 2015
Iamsynord:

I believe Buhari will take this nation forward .From all indications.
I am sure myself and Millions of Other Nigerisns will never ever regret voting for buhari.
Sai Buhari
has he started work? you dey believe politicians?

anyways... sai buhari!!!
(first time to say it grin)
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by yogun(f): 1:05pm On Apr 15, 2015
firstEVA:
Meeeeeen, this man go harsh o cheesy

Abeg, lets embrace this change...

Sai, Buhari
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 15, 2015
yogun:

Abeg, lets embrace this change...

Sai, Buhari
of course, its the way to go.

1 Like

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by fallout87: 1:23pm On Apr 15, 2015
Does anyone see the irony that it was Tinubu's pension package which helped to build the current APC and enable Buhari to be in office?

I know I do.

Corruption is what paved the way lol
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by tafrica(m): 1:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
....And to think these ex-governors that collect pensions still collect another entitlements when they serve as Ministers, Senators, Ambassadors. Pensions should be scrapped!
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by psquaret: 1:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
guys try and read what he said. he never said he will stop the pension he said he will persuade and encourage the states to repeal the laws?
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by omonnakoda: 1:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
We are told he declared this at a party retreat s far as I am concerned that is n APC matter.. They can discuss it with APC and agree on what to do. That is the right way to play politics. If they agree or disagree let them do so FIRST at the party level.Unfortunately Nigerian parties are not in the habit of discussing issues and so Nigerians do not expect this from them. Those for the Niger Delta should be asking APC where they stand on increaing derivation,the SE when are they going to get their extra state.

So I do not see why we have all this noise of whether Buhari can or cannot .Every educated Nigerian by now should know the limits of his official power. Within his party he has influence or should have any way and so should be able to persuade his party to toe the line IF he feels that strongly about it. Naturally there would be objections, discussion, negotiation and compromise.Even if he does not succeed it is good for democracy for the electorate to observe the process.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by ceejay80s(m): 2:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
RockMaxi:
Buhari should please soft pedal on this campaign. You need the cooperation of the 36states governors. You will equally need another law to counter all this but you know you only have 4years for your first tenure and this is very short to meddle with all this corruption that have been institutionalized.

Guy forget story ,unless ur papa dey among those stealing naija money, I wonder why its bothering u, afterall it happened in ghana and all corrupt leaders were killed and Ghana is a better place now
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by xdos(m): 3:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
On a serious note... I wish Buhari is coming in as a HEAD OF STATE and not as a Democratically elected president... I almost had a heart attack reading this.. These people are criminals..
All those who made such laws and those who approved them need to be killed and not jailed.. This is the highest form of GREED! kai!... Even with what they have stolen while in govt. They just have one mission and that is to cripple the economy.
And all these are with the tax payers money.
After over stressing myself trying to make ends-meet... The kind of tax they snatch from my salary no be here... After extorting that chunk of money from my salary in the name of tax, I still get harassed by the Police to 'roger' them because they aint well paid.. I keep working on my car because of bad roads.. I patronize water tankers because the govt has made water availability a herculean task...

What we truly have are thieves in govt.. Greedy fellows who are only concerned abt their own pocket and family... A lot of shits needs to be stopped in this country.
Buhari has a lot of work to do.. I hope he has the mind to step on toes else...
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by kurt09(m): 4:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
PassingShot:

You must be a novice not to know the power of persuasion and blackmailing should you prove stubborn to be persuaded.

By the time some friendly states yield ground and repeal the laws, the not-so-friendly ones will have no choice than to succumb to the bombardment with campaigns to do the needful. It is their citizens that will start to force them to tow the same line.

Surely it will be challenging but surely it is achievable.
This is democracy. There is nothing like blackmail here. Pls lets have realistic hope. He doesn't have absolute power. Many of you will be disappointed after two yrs of buhari's tenure. Am a pol scientist.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Aroh48(m): 7:54pm On Apr 15, 2015
Iamsynord:

For details of the pension entitlements for ex-governor of each state click here: www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/buhari-to-move-against-pension-for-ex-governors/
Am beginig to love this man.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by stanech: 8:02pm On Apr 15, 2015
only the states not even the national assembly members have the power to do this
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by piagetskinner(m): 9:50am On Apr 16, 2015
I salute this move
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by jpphilips(m): 1:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
RockMaxi:
Buhari should please soft pedal on this campaign. You need the cooperation of the 36states governors. You will equally need another law to counter all this but you know you only have 4years for your first tenure and this is very short to meddle with all this corruption that have been institutionalized.

Do you see Buhari as a politician? he cares less about his next 4yrs so long as Nigeria is fixed, most of you are still living in denial the kinda person Buhari is, all of you will be shocked to the marrow!!

1 Like

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by jpphilips(m): 1:57pm On Apr 16, 2015
kurt09:
This is democracy. There is nothing like blackmail here. Pls lets have realistic hope. He doesn't have absolute power. Many of you will be disappointed after two yrs of buhari's tenure. Am a pol scientist.

A political scientist in roofless Oshogbo institution that probably has a GPA behind zeros really want us to jump into the lagoon, before you start advertising the course that will see you unemployed for the rest of your life, why don't you play us through a realistic scenarios than telling us how jobless you will end up with your political science degree.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by kurt09(m): 4:04pm On Apr 16, 2015
jpphilips:

A political scientist in roofless Oshogbo institution that probably has a GPA behind zeros really want us to jump into the lagoon, before you start advertising the course that will see you unemployed for the rest of your life, why don't you play us through a realistic scenarios than telling us how jobless you will end up with your political science degree.
Attacking personality instead of issue discussed. Please grow up.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nickymezor(f): 4:23pm On Apr 25, 2015
Imanuelle:

Neky I'm okay. How are you ?

I'm alive
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 25, 2015
Nickymezor:
I'm alive

Where you lost go?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EFCC Storms Maina’s $2 Million Mansion In Abuja / History As Ameachi, Lawmakers Test Run 32km Segment Lagos-ibadan Rail (pics) / This Is Unfair, 22 State Governors Owing Workers Salaries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.