Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,159 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) (39552 Views)

Listen To Your Wife, Reps Tell Buhari- Vanguard / We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) / How We Will Stop Boko Haram, By Muhammadu Buhari--vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by PassingShot(m): 9:07am On Apr 15, 2015
kurt09:
Persuade PDP or Apga house of Assembly to repeal law? Wake up o?

You must be a novice not to know the power of persuasion and blackmailing should you prove stubborn to be persuaded.

By the time some friendly states yield ground and repeal the laws, the not-so-friendly ones will have no choice than to succumb to the bombardment with campaigns to do the needful. It is their citizens that will start to force them to tow the same line.

Surely it will be challenging but surely it is achievable.

1 Like

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by ndcide(m): 9:08am On Apr 15, 2015
Well, He has Amaech and Tinubu to start with. But on the other hand, buhari is speaking ignorantly.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by annibro(f): 9:08am On Apr 15, 2015
prof1990:
Why would exgovernors collect pension when most of them still hold other political positions?

I wonder! A position wit tenure limit of just 4years & thereafter, u'll be paid wit tax payers money 4d rest of ur life...... How does ds even sound 2 a right thinking person?
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Chigold101(m): 9:10am On Apr 15, 2015
bigtt76:
Exactly my thoughts too angry I think we will see more of the mistakes Obasanjo did in his first term then repeat itself here again #shariawahala

the way GMB is playing on the minds of ignorant Nigerians i am seeing where “ghana-must-go-bag“ returns to our NAS & SHA just as it was in OBJ‘s time.

For GMB to achieve most of his bogus claims he has to either blackmail or induce somebody to achieve them.

If time is not taking, we are about to witness either the most corrupt governemnt or a government of quareling & fighting amongst the state & fg.

God help us oh!
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:11am On Apr 15, 2015
anonimi:

I agree it is a good thing but have we asked ourselves whether the president has CONSTITUTIONAL authority over these matters? If the answer is NO, then Buhari is simply yearning dust like the DoroDullard that he was, is & will always be.

He should be talking realistically of PERSUADING the state houses of assembly not to approve such pensions.

We are in a democracy not a military DICTATORSHIP!
Anonimi, you didn't read the OP. If you did, you'll see where our president-elect said that he would persuade states.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by invectives(m): 9:11am On Apr 15, 2015
With this Pension Scam\Law in place,how much does Amaechi make in a month as a Former SPEAKER and EX GOVERNOR?please I need Calculator!!!
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Sibrah: 9:13am On Apr 15, 2015
Bawss1:

No excuses for the governors at all but Buhari should have to start with himself if he is sincere about this.
Why didn't the Governors start it? They are more guilty cos the saw what's bad and decided to benefit themselve rather than protect the people's interest.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by invectives(m): 9:15am On Apr 15, 2015
Chigold101:
the way GMB is playing on the minds of ignorant Nigerians i am seeing where “ghana-must-go-bag“ returns to our NAS & SHA just as it was in OBJ‘s time.

For GMB to achieve most of his bogus claims he has to either blackmail or induce somebody to achieve them.

If time is not taking, we are about to witness either the most corrupt governemnt or a government of quareling & fighting amongst the state & fg.

God help us oh!
Its times like these, we the Masses need to support him,hold rallies,protests etc.this laws need to be repealed.these Legislators package need to be slashed and all Political office holders.its taking a heavy Toll on the National Purse.

1 Like

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by anonimi: 9:16am On Apr 15, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Anonimi, you didn't read the OP. If you did, you'll see where our president-elect said that he would persuade states.

Did you read the title/ headline

He will get plenty credit for saying NOTHING only to DENY later.

That is the sign of a DoroDullard!

No more no less!!!
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by abduljabbar4(m): 9:18am On Apr 15, 2015
Bawss1:

Doesn't Buhari himself receive an allowance for life for forcefully taking over government in 1983?
That's what I've been saying even as an Apc supporter. Most of us are blind though you people also make stup1d comments.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Chigold101(m): 9:18am On Apr 15, 2015
kurt09:
Persuade PDP or Apga house of Assembly to repeal law? Wake up o?
there is no PDP state with such law (i stand to be corrected) it is only in APC states.

As for APGA...lolzzzz such bills can never see the light of the day in Anambra State. So it was never proposed. Meaning as that it is only APC states.

GMB can pasuade his governors to change the bill but he must do it throug a “corrupt“ means. Blackmail or financial inducement. I remembered he claimed to be “corrupt“ i will see how he will achieve all these his bogus claims without exchanging Ghana must go bags. He doesnt know that there is a big different between hot water(military rule) & cold water (democratic rule).

Am waiting & watching.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by omonnakoda: 9:20am On Apr 15, 2015
This is the kind of politics we want to see i.e a political party debates on issues eg this and declares their position.Then challenge the other party to declare their position .This should extend to other issues like derivation.,The National conference report,rights of settlers versus citizens etc.Rather that each party coming to say we will build road and hospital

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Bawss1(m): 9:23am On Apr 15, 2015
Sibrah:
Why didn't the Governors start it? They are more guilty cos the saw what's bad and decided to benefit themselve rather than protect the people's interest.

It goes to show that the bulk of our governors have just been a greedy lot but as I said Buhari has to start with himself if he wants to put an end to this practise. Till he stops receiving the allowances that is given to him as a former head of state he will achieve very little here, in fact all he can do is persuade and encourage, nothing more. Till then it's all hot air to me.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:26am On Apr 15, 2015
anonimi:

Did you read the title/ headline

He will get plenty credit for saying NOTHING only to DENY later.

That is the sign of a DoroDullard!

No more no less!!!
You're the DoroDullard here. Are you to draw your conclusion from mere reading the headline or the body?
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 15, 2015
Hmmm.... The Governors will kick against it.... who won't? I like the intention but its not time to kick against legitimate funds, just reduce it because current governors will be ex governors one day. and frankly every one deserves pension. ... if yhey don't steal how would they afford to live after service to the public. Go after the thieves first.....
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Chigold101(m): 9:31am On Apr 15, 2015
invectives:
Its times like these, we the Masses need to support him,hold rallies,protests etc.this laws need to be repealed.these Legislators package need to be slashed and all Political office holders.its taking a heavy Toll on the National Purse.
well... That law works only APC states so it is left for the people that live in Lagos, Oyo(the most scandalous), Edo, Osun etc to protest against their gorvernors & ex gorvernors.

As for River state, the first bill Wike will send to the SHA will be the counter bill to stop Amaechi from stealing River‘s money.

I live Anambra such law does not exist & can never be proposed talk more of passing.

After thought: if GMB makes Ambode to reverse this law in Lagos state, it means that Tinubu & Fashola have lost what they fought so hard to protect. Oh it will so painful for ones pot to break at home after coming from a long journey from the stream.

1 Like

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Sibrah: 9:32am On Apr 15, 2015
Bawss1:

It goes to show that the bulk of our governors have just been a greedy lot but as I said Buhari has to start with himself if he wants to put an end to this practise. Till he stops receiving the allowances that is given to him as a former head of state he will achieve very little here, in fact all he can do is persuade and encourage, nothing more. Till then it's all hot air to me.
He does not have to stop collecting anything. The is a provision for what ihe is getting and it dates back to admin before him, most important is the fact that what is available to ex-head of states is far reasonable compared to some governor getting 25 million.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by baralatie(m): 9:33am On Apr 15, 2015
stinggy:

Mr. Is it that hard to comprehend when you read? He simply said he will persuade and encourage state houses to repeal the law, that's all.
in practical terms, it means whipping up sentiments against the state constitution and structure!
He should get ready for the reverse!that is what the APC did against the FG!
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by baralatie(m): 9:36am On Apr 15, 2015
omonnakoda:
This is the kind of politic we want to see i.e a political debates an issue eg this and declares their position.Then challenge the other party to declare their position .This should extend to other issues like derivation.,The National conference report,rights of settlers versus citizens etc.Rather that each party coming to say we will build road and hospital
it is called a waste of time I.e. diverting the polity.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by poppincash: 9:37am On Apr 15, 2015
olatunji21:

Bro i beg to differ on your opinion, in as much as d president would need d cooperation of d 36govs, i also believe he can do away with them if he wants to... The best gift a leader can have is d Masses.. if u have d masses @ur bk, all others will fall in place... Remember

The voice of the people is the voice of God
thrash. he DOES NOT HAVE THE POWER TO REPEAL THOSE LAWS. ONLY THE STATE ASSEMBLIES COULD DO THAT. GO BAC TO SCHOOL

2 Likes

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by reallinks: 9:37am On Apr 15, 2015
i like dis.....
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 15, 2015
Hmm, I get it. Twas aimed at curbing stealing. But then, there r pple dat trulky need their pension now...u can't just send dem off like that
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Bawss1(m): 9:42am On Apr 15, 2015
Sibrah:
He does not have to stop collecting anything. The is a provision for what ihe is getting and it dates back to admin before him, most important is the fact that what is available to ex-head of states is far reasonable compared to some governor getting 25 million.

What the governors collect is approved by law, it's not like it's illegal per se, it's just that it is excessive.

Buhari has to show that his "entitlement" as a former HoS is fair and that of former governors is not. That will be hard to do without some element of double standards, in the interest of fairness he should stop his first before he can go after that of the governors. I doubt this will happen.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Vello(m): 9:42am On Apr 15, 2015
firstEVA:
Meeeeeen, this man go harsh o cheesy
Indeed, he is ...and he is such man that can turn his back on your class and elegance.
Between, talking "class and elegance", I should like to have a glimpse and judge for myself.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 9:44am On Apr 15, 2015
Let's see how tinubu and the likes takes this
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by smoothralph(m): 9:46am On Apr 15, 2015
Bayswater:

Please copy and paste the part where that was said here and while you are at it, read the title again.
The feeling was that not only was it wrong and morally unconscionable, but that it was not something that should be encouraged, and he was appealing to them that it should be changed.”
However, the response of the governors, who were present at the retreat, was not immediately given.

It’s a welcome proposal —Keyamo cheesy
Bayswater:

Please copy and paste the part where that was said here and while you are at it, read the title again.
The feeling was that not only was it wrong and morally unconscionable, but that it was not something that should be encouraged, and he was appealing to them that it should be changed.”
However, the response of the governors, who were present at the retreat, was not immediately given.

It’s a welcome proposal —Keyamo
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by annibro(f): 9:47am On Apr 15, 2015
I ve never read d constituition before but I wonder where dis stuff was enacted frm & passed into Law.

The 'Public service rules & guidelines bk' states clearly dat only Permanent appointments attract Pension. Temporary appointments only attract Consolidated allowances & upfronts usu at d beginging of evry wok year sins such appointments are short termed (have tenure limits wh are renewable if deem fit). These Consolidated salaries are already enjoyed by appointment holders so WHY pension again?
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 15, 2015
Buhari will make 1naira =1 dollar, Buhari will pay 5000 naira monthly allowance to unemployed youths, Buhari will sell petrol at 40 naira per litre, Buhari will bring back our girls, Buhari will do this, Buhari will do that. Only time will tell

1 Like

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 15, 2015
I agree with him on this,no politician will want to die there.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by airfinance(m): 9:55am On Apr 15, 2015
Bayswater:
And the usual pandering continues. This is a law passed by the state house of assembly. This law can only be changed by the men that passed it. Buhari needs to chill and stop feeding on the ignorance of the Nigerian masses.
Dont under estimate the power of a president in Nigeria.much as i agreed with your analysis.be rest assured it is doable.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by jamesope04(m): 9:57am On Apr 15, 2015
Bayswater:

“The feeling was that not only was it wrong and morally
unconscionable, but that it was not something that
should be encouraged, and he was appealing to them
that it should be changed.”
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by ogene007: 9:57am On Apr 15, 2015
RockMaxi:
Buhari should please soft pedal on this campaign. You need the cooperation of the 36states governors. You will equally need another law to counter all this but you know you only have 4years for your first tenure and this is very short to meddle with all this corruption that have been institutionalized.

I thought you asked for change, why now are you backtracking?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EFCC Storms Maina’s $2 Million Mansion In Abuja / History As Ameachi, Lawmakers Test Run 32km Segment Lagos-ibadan Rail (pics) / Buhari’s Last-minute Provocations Of Tinubu By Farooq A. Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.