Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) (39557 Views)

Listen To Your Wife, Reps Tell Buhari- Vanguard / We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) / How We Will Stop Boko Haram, By Muhammadu Buhari--vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by philips70(m): 9:58am On Apr 15, 2015
anonimi:

Did you miss where I said it is a GOOD thing

Did you see the title/ headline?

then Buhari is simply yearning dust like the DoroDullard that he was, is & will always be.

I never missed it but your subsequent lines diminished whatever good you see in it and that is what I addressed. If this man has good intentions and is ready to carry them out we don't have any option but to give him support. GEJ lost the love of the people when he chose to romance with the very people who steal us blind and even went further to embolden them. My support for GMB is not blind. If he derails and start going against the wishes and aspirations of Nigerians I bet you the opposition will be massive. Politicians are very greedy species of human beings be it in PDP or APC. If GMB succeeds in cleansing the system the benefits will not be limited to his supporters alone likewise if he fails. At the moment his body language suggests he wants to bring about change and I insists all reasonable Nigerians give him support.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by annibro(f): 9:58am On Apr 15, 2015
Also,some dictionary defines Pensn as,
1) Regular payment made by the state to people OF or ABOVE the OFFICIAL retirement AGE and to some widows and disabled people.
2) Money paid 2 someone dismissed from employment, typically because of age or ill health.
3) A pension or a retirement savings plan is a long-term investment (ten years or more) that aims to build a fund for your retirement...
Questn now is, which of d above definition favors dis gesture? ...
Official retirement age is 65-70 or after 35yrs in service
Moreso, pension is now contributory. Hw much wud a govnr have con3buted for 4yrs or at most 8yrs dats if not impeached, 2 warrant him Life pension.
... I just tire d way some nigerians reason. embarassed

1 Like

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by doninno(m): 9:59am On Apr 15, 2015
Abi o
collynzo2:

Gbam!
Especially those who were never elected.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by ogalawyer(m): 10:01am On Apr 15, 2015
anonimi:

I agree it is a good thing but have we asked ourselves whether the president has CONSTITUTIONAL authority over these matters? If the answer is NO, then Buhari is simply yearning dust like the DoroDullard that he was, is & will always be.

He should be talking realistically of PERSUADING the state houses of assembly not to approve such pensions.

We are in a democracy not a military DICTATORSHIP!
Did you even read the post or have you been so blinded by hate and sentiments that you did not see where it was stated in the post that he intends "to LEAD A CAMPAIGN to repeal the pension laws for governors enacted by many states of the federation"? If the later is the case, then it is only deducible that you are terribly besotted by a very severe malady.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by And9: 10:05am On Apr 15, 2015
Nice move by him, but we should not also forget to pray for his life and safty as handing over draws closer. Once upon a time, this is what we desire as Nigerians.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Clinton207: 10:05am On Apr 15, 2015
Wow! I like this move.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by princesslucy83: 10:10am On Apr 15, 2015
I hope Buhari is not also benefiting from the pension ex head of state / president benefit from? cos if he is collecting ,he wont be able to stop that of ex -governors.
Mr President elect always say something you know u can do, remember this is Democracy not Military.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by SPDAZZY(f): 10:12am On Apr 15, 2015
what of pension to ex presidents especially the ones that rose to power through military coups
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by emorse(m): 10:15am On Apr 15, 2015
Bayswater:
And the usual pandering continues. This is a law passed by the state house of assembly. This law can only be changed by the men that passed it. Buhari needs to chill and stop feeding on the ignorance of the Nigerian masses.
Don't you think he knows that already?
See below:
“The feeling was that not only was it wrong and
morally unconscionable, but that it was not
something that should be encouraged, and he
was appealing to them that it should be
changed.”
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by winnieb(f): 10:15am On Apr 15, 2015
See una life, because una papa no be ex governor abi, selfcenter is in d blood, it up to us to control it, hope said he no stop retired solder, cos my papa na one.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by chernest2002: 10:16am On Apr 15, 2015
Gmb should first of all try to keep check on osinbajos not to develop pot belly before he will go into battle that will scatter him
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 15, 2015
Vello:

Indeed, he is ...and he is such man that can turn his back on your class and elegance.
Between, talking "class and elegance", I should like to have a glimpse and judge for myself.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by winnieG1(m): 10:27am On Apr 15, 2015
Nice move Buhari but also remember to work and slash salaries of National Assembly members by not less than 75%, they alone eats 25% of Nigeria's annual Budget.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by M16: 10:30am On Apr 15, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Afterall, dey said buhari chose bakare and they both denied it
As far its from apc, till I see d video I don't believe
Soon dey will come out to debunk d news
And ya see fool*lish NLanders shouting sai baba
Wait till somtin happens!

Stop sipping that haterade.It will only make you die slowly. parade don change. Sai Baba has 1460 days God willing
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by ojsmscom(m): 10:32am On Apr 15, 2015
but this man buhari is collecting his ex-presidents pension monthly.Except he is ready to call that a quit too because those who live in glass houses does not throw stones
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by M16: 10:33am On Apr 15, 2015
anonimi:

Did you read the title/ headline

He will get plenty credit for saying NOTHING only to DENY later.

That is the sign of a DoroDullard!

No more no less!!!
Your response is the sign of someone suffering from a severe malady. Ability to comprehend is not your forte. Go and swim in the creeks with clueless retardeen
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by baralatie(m): 10:34am On Apr 15, 2015
winnieG1:
Nice move Buhari but also remember to work and slash salaries of National Assembly members by not less than 75%, they alone eats 25% of Nigeria's annual Budget.
this is the one I am interested in!
the house will frustrate his budget and govt.he should ask gej!
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 15, 2015
Bayswater:
And the usual pandering continues. This is a law passed by the state house of assembly. This law can only be changed by the men that passed it. Buhari needs to chill and stop feeding on the ignorance of the Nigerian masses.

Hey, do you what you are talking about here?
This is a general we are talking about here!
He will remove the laws with "immediate effect"!
Or jail all the lawmakers who made such laws.

Em, bros, no talk say na me tel you oo.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by M16: 10:35am On Apr 15, 2015
Chigold101:
there is no PDP state with such law (i stand to be corrected) it is only in APC states.

As for APGA...lolzzzz such bills can never see the light of the day in Anambra State. So it was never proposed. Meaning as that it is only APC states.

GMB can pasuade his governors to change the bill but he must do it throug a “corrupt“ means. Blackmail or financial inducement. I remembered he claimed to be “corrupt“ i will see how he will achieve all these his bogus claims without exchanging Ghana must go bags. He doesnt know that there is a big different between hot water(military rule) & cold water (democratic rule).

Am waiting & watching.

Where did Buhari ever claim to be corrupt? Lying only exposes your limited intelligence
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by 49cents(m): 10:35am On Apr 15, 2015
APC majority in states and aat the National assembl would expose them for what they really stand for
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Geedhey(m): 10:37am On Apr 15, 2015
babs01:
welcome development. but won't they be embezzling our money since there is no pension afta leaving d office.
have they not be embezzling it even when the pension is guarantee before.. Nigerian politician are just greedy the ideology of "Government money is free" should be wiped out
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 15, 2015
Iamsynord:

For details of the pension entitlements for ex-governor of each state click here: www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/buhari-to-move-against-pension-for-ex-governors/
Pension is part of civil service, I don't see anything wrong with that. The only thing is to cut the pay. Removing it completely is wrong.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by M16: 10:39am On Apr 15, 2015
anwo247:
Buhari will end up achieveing nothing...... quote me in 4 years.

Because he talks too much and does not know what it takes to achieve success....very soon he will start denying all he said.

Just like Buhari couldn't win the election. After 4 years you will name your child Buhari
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Ogadtop(m): 10:41am On Apr 15, 2015
Bayswater:

did you read this " LAGOS — President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), is to
lead a CAMPAIGN to repeal the pension laws for governors enacted
by many states of the federation, Vanguard has learnt" in the above report? he is to campaign against it as a democratically elected president and not to make a decree as a dictator.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by M16: 10:41am On Apr 15, 2015
anwo247:

Dont worry, National Assembly will teach him democracy. Buhari is too daft to be a democratic president. I have said this time without numbers.

For you to be a Buhari follower, you need to be either a poor educated fellow, or an illiterate dude. Out of your frustration, the only thing that might make sense to you is CHANGE.

That my ignorant ranting fellow is the definition of Jonathan Supporters and they have been swept to the dustbin. Buhari daft and he defeated Jonathan aka clueless, aka retardeen. crawl into the hole you came from. change is here and if you don't like it swim to Otuoke
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Bayswater: 10:42am On Apr 15, 2015
noblezone:

Hey, do you what you are talking about here?
This is a general we are talking about here!
He will remove the laws with "immediate effect"!
Or jail all the lawmakers who made such laws.

Em, bros, no talk say na me tel you oo.

Hey, this is a democracy. In case you have forgotten.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by stephan001: 10:43am On Apr 15, 2015
san316:
I'm just afraid for GMB. He may end up being kicked out because these politicians are veeeery selfish. I foresee a gang up, a serious sabotage or an assassination.

God help the General.
Hmm! May God protect him for us and may the wishes of evil people fall on their heads.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by spencekat(m): 10:54am On Apr 15, 2015
Let see how he will do it.Am very tried of Buhari will do this,Buhari will do that.Arrant rubbish.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by baralatie(m): 10:54am On Apr 15, 2015
Ogadtop:

did you read this " LAGOS — President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), is to
lead a CAMPAIGN to repeal the pension laws for governors enacted
by many states of the federation, Vanguard has learnt" in the above report? he is to campaign against it as a democratically elected president and not to make a decree as a dictator.
you are overlooking rhe fact the benefactors are the ones in govt of his party.He cannot go against his party!
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Vello(m): 11:18am On Apr 15, 2015
firstEVA:
wink
firstEVA:
As quoted from ur personal text of course so, why pretentiously feigning confused? Then how about a personal picture in your profile to corroborate ur claim?
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by bjdon: 11:27am On Apr 15, 2015
Memo to the President elect:

Sir,
Congratulations on your historic victory, however I feel it's pertinent to remind you of a few points before you are sworn in on the 29th of May.

1: We operate a democracy, not khaki dictatorship. Your word is not law. The law is law. For example it is not up to you to say weather past leaders will be investigated or now. In a properly functioning system, if anybody makes a claim against ANY past leader/senator/Member of assembly, the relevant agencies MUST investigate the charge thoroughly and if conclusive evidence is found against the accused they should be charged to court.

2: We operate a presidential system of govt. You only have control of the Executive arm of the Federal govt. You have NO control over either the legislative arm of the FG, or ANY of the state govts, local govts or state house of assembly. The states ARE FREE TO SET ANY PENSION FOR THEIR OFFICIALS that they deem fit. If the people of the state are not happy with those arrangements then they can vote in candidates who promise to reverse the changes.

In closing sir, I would STRONGLY advise you to focus on those areas which fall directly under your line of responsibility, and desist from engaging on wild excursions which will only sap your political strength, give fuel to your detractors and ultimately bog down your govt.

Good day.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by luvinhubby(m): 11:29am On Apr 15, 2015
omenka:
Exactly who Nigeria needs at this critical time, not someone who gives these guys that have held the country down for so long a smile and a pat on the back. A lot of work need to be done to kick-start the process of reclaiming this country from the hands of those unimaginably greedy politicians.

The next thing I'd like to see him do is go after that useless thing called "security votes". Or at least, put a cap on it. It is one of the biggest conduits through which governors fleece their states.
That security votes needs Buhari's attention ASAP, let him plug all loopholes.

#Nigeriashallbegreatagain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'RCCGisation' - MURIC Knocks Osinbajo's Declaration / Buhari’s Last-minute Provocations Of Tinubu By Farooq A. Kperogi / Train Attack: I Am Still Supporting Buhari - Hassan Usman, Freed Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.