Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) (39549 Views)

Listen To Your Wife, Reps Tell Buhari- Vanguard / We Don’t Need Foreign Aid – Buhari(vanguard) / How We Will Stop Boko Haram, By Muhammadu Buhari--vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by loswhite(m): 8:46am On Apr 15, 2015
babs01:
welcome developmnt. but won't they be embezling our money since there is no pension afta leaving d office.
Has the law stopped them from embezzling the fund?
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by fejicruz(m): 8:47am On Apr 15, 2015
How can politicians be receiving pension after all the fat salaries & allowances while they were serving? This is ridiculous & disgusting.
Ride on my General.
Sai Baba
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 15, 2015
dearpreye:

Kikikikikiki. We're watching. Watching keenly!

This while wasteful and lazy pension law started by the lion of Bourdillon! !!! How pleasant! !!
Buhari is very funny. He isn't aware of what he's up to.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by julian888(m): 8:47am On Apr 15, 2015
Bayswater:
And the usual pandering continues. This is a law passed by the state house of assembly. This law can only be changed by the men that passed it. Buhari needs to chill and stop feeding on the ignorance of the Nigerian masses.
even if his on the ignorance of we the mass,for him to cum up wit such suggestion he must be a Good leader,these pensions much my brother,kudos to him
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Hardaysheenar(m): 8:48am On Apr 15, 2015
Though am a die-hard PDP member....buh if ds is true...believe me....I will continue voting for buhari anytime he contest....I really love ds....pls don't forget to do d same thing to all dos useless law makers too....I wipp forever b grateful to u if ds is possible....in democracy I bliv.....SAI BUHARI
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by jogojogo: 8:48am On Apr 15, 2015
RockMaxi:
Buhari should please soft pedal on this campaign. You need the cooperation of the 36states governors. You will equally need another law to counter all this but you know you only have 4years for your first tenure and this is very short to meddle with all this corruption that have been institutionalized.

Let us support a positive move for once even if it would fail

1 Like

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Bawss1(m): 8:48am On Apr 15, 2015
Sibrah:
Buhari is right on this, how can a governor serve for 8 years and give himself life pension? What about worker who put in 20 years. To make it worse these people while in power give themselves all manner of aides who get pay and normal pension too.

Doesn't Buhari himself receive an allowance for life for forcefully taking over government in 1983?

1 Like

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Goke7: 8:49am On Apr 15, 2015
This is a good move but the problem is when Buhari starts, our governors and other politicians will run back to us and begin to tell us lies that buhari is undemocratic, then before you know it tribal and religous sentiments will kick in that he is against the south or he is against christians, thereafter we foolish Nigerians after we've been given N1,000 or bags of rice or garri will hit the streets with protests that buhari must go.

Abeg wetin I just talk na lie or true? we Nigerians are the problem, if we can leave out all these tribal and religous stuff, I bet nobody in Nigeria will steal again but ARE WE READY?
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 15, 2015
softapple:
shut the Bleep up.

tongue
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by stinggy(m): 8:50am On Apr 15, 2015
anonimi:

I agree it is a good thing but have we asked ourselves whether the president has CONSTITUTIONAL authority over these matters? If the answer is NO, then Buhari is simply yearning dust like the DoroDullard that he was, is & will always be.

He should be talking realistically of PERSUADING the state houses of assembly not to approve such pensions.

We are in a democracy not a military DICTATORSHIP!

Mr. Is it that hard to comprehend when you read? He simply said he will persuade and encourage state houses to repeal the law, that's all.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by adeA1(m): 8:50am On Apr 15, 2015
Good move ofcos but its reality is metted!!
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Demainman1: 8:51am On Apr 15, 2015
I hope he can do this plus reduce the salary of all the legislators. They are the problem of this great country. Let him use the army and police to harass them to submission if possible. The stealing is just too much.

I will support the general if he can promote equality and fairness to all Nigerians.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by usdam: 8:52am On Apr 15, 2015
I am strongly in support of this proposal by GMB.
If not tackle know there is going to be a time that state finances would be expended on just a few family members and the state will have nothing to run on.
I wish Buhari and APC all the best in the governance of our great nation.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by philips70(m): 8:52am On Apr 15, 2015
anonimi:

I agree it is a good thing but have we asked ourselves whether the president has CONSTITUTIONAL authority over these matters? If the answer is NO, then Buhari is simply yearning dust like the DoroDullard that he was, is & will always be.

He should be talking realistically of PERSUADING the state houses of assembly not to approve such pensions.

We are in a democracy not a military DICTATORSHIP!

But why allow emotions and hatred becloud your judgment? Is there anywhere in that article that suggests Buhari wants to autocratically achieve this? The man only declares his intentions and may be looking into persuading the state assemblies via lobbies and robust national debates to achieve this noble aim. That the corrupt outgoing president could not muster enough political will to deal with the greed and avarice of politicians do not mean an incoming serious president can't. I advise you people put your misguided ethnic sentiments aside and support every noble idea this man has to move the nation away from the current doldrums. Ain't you thrilled most of the states that have passed this law are APC states yet he wants to move against them? Is that not a sign he will not spare anybody whether APC or PDP in his quest for a better Nigeria? The man and everyone knows he's no longer in a military regime where he will be using fiat to achieve his goals so must have thought about every single step intends to use. You guys cut him some slack, sit back and watch him do what our brother from the Niger Delta could not do. No sentiments, a goldfish have no hiding place and we have sighted one.

1 Like

Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by babs01(m): 8:54am On Apr 15, 2015
loswhite:
Has the law stopped them from embezzling the fund?
anoda questn
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:55am On Apr 15, 2015
PassingShot:

Did you read that he will persuade and encourage the states to repeal the laws?

I thought he is going to use his GENERAl MIGHt n repeal d law.
Let's always be realistic in solving issues, thr r two outcome in every event. Its either it comes out positive or negative. If it comes out negative what will he do?
This aint millitary regime whr ur word is final, now u need the support n understanding of the assembly men. Atleast u knw what happened iin can states whr some laws were not honoured citing party ish.
We r yearning for a good nigeria so anythng worth doing shud be done well.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by cheaperstores: 8:55am On Apr 15, 2015
One good thing about PDP is that it is not owned by an individual. As exemplified in Lagos,pension law is so crazy covering ex-govs and principal officers of house of assemply will soon be extended to all APC states.It will soon be trending trust politicians.The fraud (legalize) that will go thru APC nobody will believe.Meanwhile Buhari can only appeal otherwise he will meet brickwall.Can he be maverick to reverse it,we wait and see.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by emmanude(m): 8:56am On Apr 15, 2015
I think thats a good one.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 15, 2015
Nickymezor:
it's already here tongue.....hw far?

Neky I'm okay. How are you ?
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by biGPoppaSays(m): 8:57am On Apr 15, 2015
I love buhari.... no homo
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by kurt09(m): 8:59am On Apr 15, 2015
PassingShot:

Did you read that he will persuade and encourage the states to repeal the laws?
Persuade PDP or Apga house of Assembly to repeal law? Wake up o?
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by anwe: 9:00am On Apr 15, 2015
Buhari no finish with federal government na state he wan start ? remember state have their different house of assembly to make laws binding on them and to generate their income.......so when speaking rem we are in a democracy
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by oyeenwambada: 9:01am On Apr 15, 2015
Feel like saying something, come to think of it this deision might promote corruption if taken the way am seeing it, because when. A governor knows that he will not leave comfortably after serving the public that factor alone can easily motivate him to steal public funds and also if I may ask bughari himselfwhy did he not say this before he came out for this election that will see him to seat and nigeria have also been paying same as an ex
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by anonimi: 9:01am On Apr 15, 2015
philips70:

But why allow emotions and hatred becloud your judgment? Is there anywhere in that article that suggests Buhari wants to autocratically achieve this? The man only declares his intentions and may be looking into persuading the state assemblies via lobbies and robust national debates to achieve this noble aim. That the corrupt outgoing president could not muster enough political will to deal with the greed and avarice of politicians do not mean an incoming serious president can't. I advise you people put your misguided ethnic sentiments aside and support every noble idea this man has to move the nation away from the current doldrums. Ain't you thrilled most of the states that have passed this law are APC states yet he wants to move against them? Is that not a sign he will not spare anybody whether APC or PDP in his quest for a better Nigeria? The man and everyone knows he's no longer in a military regime where he will be using fiat to achieve his goals so must have thought about every single step intends to use. You guys cut him some slack, sit back and watch him do what our brother from the Niger Delta could not do. No sentiments, a goldfish have no hiding place and we have sighted one.

Did you miss where I said it is a GOOD thing

Did you see the title/ headline?
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by deandavid(m): 9:02am On Apr 15, 2015
all these are good and selfless intentions. but the people in power in the state are so selfish, especially the pdp states. will they agree. this is where we ordinary masses, need to rise up and force our legislators to revert those laws. the NUpeng, ASUU, Nlc, all labor unions, SUG, youths, civil society need to rise and support this move by our president elect.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by omonnakoda: 9:02am On Apr 15, 2015
Very important part of English language READ and COMPREHEND. Comprehend before you start typing rubbish
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Sibrah: 9:03am On Apr 15, 2015
Bawss1:

Doesn't Buhari himself receive an allowance for life for forcefully taking over government in 1983?
Really!
That does not make what the governors are doing right, somebody has to correct all of them and I am glad Buhari is.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by bigtt76(f): 9:03am On Apr 15, 2015
Exactly my thoughts too angry I think we will see more of the mistakes Obasanjo did in his first term then repeat itself here again #shariawahala

Bayswater:
And the usual pandering continues. This is a law passed by the state house of assembly. This law can only be changed by the men that passed it. Buhari needs to chill and stop feeding on the ignorance of the Nigerian masses.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Chigold101(m): 9:04am On Apr 15, 2015
irunoobo:
undecided

GOOD. BUHARI IS WORKING, HATERS ARE HATING
lolzzzz i hope you know how law works? GMB cant unturn those laws because they were enacted by stat house of assemblies. He can either sponsor a bill through a member of SHA or plead with the governors to send another bill to overide that one.

Remember that this is in effect only in APC states & Oyo own is scandalous. APC governors too much & they are THIEVES.
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by omonnakoda: 9:04am On Apr 15, 2015
Did Buhari write the headline? The head weighs about 5kilogrammes what is the point of such a heavy load?
The way Buhari can achieve this is through his party. In a working democracy they deliberate the policy at the party level agree and implement.They would then hope to use that against the other parties who don't follow suit in future elections . That is the democratic way
Re: No Pension For Ex Governors - Buhari ( Vanguard) by Bawss1(m): 9:07am On Apr 15, 2015
Sibrah:

Really!
That does not make what the governors are doing right, somebody has to correct all of them and I am glad Buhari is.

No excuses for the governors at all but Buhari should have to start with himself if he is sincere about this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Acquires "UGV" Mine sweeper (BOZENA - 5) (Photos) / 20 Generals May Go As Buhari Replaces Buratai, Service Chiefs / Ikenna Iyiegbu Wins APGA House Of Reps Ticket (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.