Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,078 members, 7,835,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety (69723 Views)

IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports / IPOB Circulates 23rd Sit-At-Home Order In South-East & South-South (Snapshot) / South-east, South-south Groups Demand Self-determination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by rdokoye: 2:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
Gbawe:

Well-said bro. This is precisely what I have been saying to SE and SS posters on several threads the past few days. Whatever happened to putting Nigeria first? Jonathan had a lot of critics from the SW and North, including me, going into the 2011 election. As soon as he won most of us wished him well and implored he led Nigeria properly so that our Nation can make progress which would be to the glory and happiness of all of us. Check the NL archives if you doubt this.

Contrast this with how most SE and SS commentators continje to spew hatred against Buhari and the APC and it is becoming obvious that many from those region are rooted in the unobjective, petty and malevolent hatred of the SW and the North to the extent they cannot even 'sheat their sword' for the sake of Nigeria's progress. Jonathan had his shot and failed miserably. Nigerians , in the majority, have elected a new President yet primordial hate will not allow many in the SE and SS to respect the will of the majority and get behind the new President and government. Really pathetic.

The bigots in the SE and SS, because they talk loudest, are doing a great job defining those regions as anti-progressive, uncooperative, hateful, unreasonable, petty, ethnocentric, prejudiced, disrespectul and irredeemable enemies of Nigeria's progress who cannot rise above their primitive hatred of the North and SW. History will judge the conduct of all Nigerian ethnic groups at crucial stages in our history when it would have been helpful for all Nigerians to come together for the greater good of the nation yet some could only be hateful, vengeful and perpetually bitter.

When Goodluck Jonathan won the 2011 elections, many Northern Nigerians took to the streets and killed over 10,000 fellow Nigerians. Have you already forgotten that, it was only 4 years ago?
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
ZKOSOSO:
The whole 2015 election was won and lost between Jonathan and Jega team.
Jega team comprise of hausafulani muslims and their slaves all encased in APC while Jonathan team are highly literate Nigerians, christian majority spread across the south and middlebelt.
Jega used his umpire status to rig for his team while Jonathan a honest and humble man insisted on doing the right thing!
Karma is a law. It will surely catch up with APC sooooooon!!

So Jega's team in 2011 was highly literate christian majority right? Sometimes when people like you talk, I just give up on Nigeria's salvation. How can we ever progress with this kind of trash you are spewing? I can imagine what will happen if you are in a position to decide the fate of hausa fulani muslims and their slaves as you called us. This is not good for you as a person. Nobody should hate anybody this much. And I can bet you will be an a.ss kisser if your boss is one of the northern hausa fulani.
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by agitator: 2:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
omenka:

If I were Buhari, I'd try to ensure a bill is passed that would criminalise utterances like this. If you can't live in unity irrespective of your tribe or where you come from, remain in your house and interact with only your family or spew garbage in public and have your bigoted asss hauled into jail. Useless fools acting like victims while promoting their uncanny agenda.

[size=16pt]
"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Ben Franklin)

[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by rdokoye: 2:11pm On Apr 15, 2015
Gbawe:

To be honest, the conduct of some Nigerians, especially from the SE, has been shocking and disgraceful. They have shown they are guided only by their hatred of others and do not mean well for Nigeria. I was an unrelenting critic of GEJ before the 2011 election. Yet I wished him well as soon as he won and pledged support for his government if he justifies his mandate by leading Nigeria well. I did not do this because I loved or believed in GEJ. I did it because I love and believe in Nigeria and understood that my interest in the progress of Nigeria compels me to back GEJ.

We have not seen such gracious and pro-Nigerian behaviour from our SE and SS brothers. Just bitter and hateful diatribe all over the place, to include wishing the SW evil, that makes it appear these folks are very petty people interested more in satisfying their primitive hatred and lust for vengeance against others above getting behind the effort to usher in a better Nigeria to the glory of us all. Do some of these bigots understand that many worldwide have had stable electricity for over 50 years while we remain in the stone ages? Rather than face such pivotal issues of unacceptable underdevelopment it is the ethnocentric fight against the SW and North some carry on their head as if this is the most important thing in the world. Pathetic. Yet it could be a good thing as objective and progress-minded Nigerians can now see the hate-driven and saboteur mentality drivjng some of our "brothers" . This will enable those who mean well for Nigeria to see they must protect themselves better .

This is what democracy is all about; politicians win and lose all over the world. Many people do not like Buhari and they still do not, they have a right, under a democratic government to voice their opinions about him, as long as they don’t take to the streets and start killing people indiscriminately; which is all too common in Northern Nigeria.

Everybody knows that if Buhari had lost, a civil war would have broke out, between the illiterate savages in Northern Nigeria, and the Nigerian government.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 15, 2015
[quote
author=hummerwise post=32742903]
Scared? shocked
Ur a comedian ryt?
Am one of the dude that detest war n killings and preach against any act
that might result into any of it... As an African we've had enuf. And
if you think that's wah you want, just make sure ur family are in the
war front....
I don't want to see any innocent get involved and get killed.
I av so many igbo frnds that will surely deny people like you......

Kids and rubbish[/quote]

'igbo friends that will deny people like you'? Obviously, u dont know
the trend. We are going to burn this place down only this tyme, the plans
are infallible.
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by babestella: 2:18pm On Apr 15, 2015
Horlufemi:

Brother! may your days be long. They drew the line themselves. Just take a look at the votes on the Nigerian Map. You'll see the line. God bless you.

If all states voted for one party where will the opposition come from to checkmate the ruling party. This is democracy guys and the writer has his reasons to air his opinion.
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by tonychristopher: 2:21pm On Apr 15, 2015
felibrain:
About 80% of the total number of people commenting here did not read the article to the end so I don't expect much reasonable comments here. Truth be told, Buhari lacks capacity to govern a democratic state. Period!

Seconded

People are just gullible

You just spoke the whole truth .....

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by fineguy11(m): 2:21pm On Apr 15, 2015
owobokiri:
The worst he can do is to stop federal projects in the east, we are used to that. Ban this ban that, we re used to that too. Make few politicians from the east ministers in charge of such funny ministries as information, special duties or at best, ministry of youths and sports/ culture. It won't be new. He towed these lines in the past and the east survived, this his second coming if so vindictive as the first will be history with time too.
u missed the very worse slowpoke,,,to islamatize u and ur family...afterall dat was ur campaign theme against the president elect...rubbish..

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 15, 2015
whimpy:
shut up you fool........Hahaha.......which congratulate...... Mtcheew.......BTW please tell umana umana of APC that akwa ibom state is a lost Battle..... he he....power seekers

Why not debunk his claims instead of calling him a fool? Only fools and animals behave this way.
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by caprini1: 2:23pm On Apr 15, 2015
Darlduchi:

Prayer like how he and his fellow Jihadist prayed for Jonathan's Government?
Exactly my point,let him be shown how a leader is supported the right way.
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 15, 2015
Noneroone:
The foreign backers of the abokki better teach him. Otherwise we Igbos will remind him that democracy is in our nature.

That's why you were the first people to overthrow a democratic government, or atleast try to overthrow a democratic government.
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by s4short: 2:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
couldn't read to the end but discovered the write-up is in shambles because it doesn't make any sense, it is high time we nigerians started thinking and stop being gullible because the writer is more guilty of hate, tribalism and ethnocentrism than whom he is accusing.

We have allowed our leaders at the local and state levels to hide the blame of their inadequacies and divert our minds to ethnic bigotry all to enhance their selfish desires.

No northerner or Southerner is the cause of the nigerian problem, we have all failed ourselves.
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by smarthG(f): 2:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
One thing is for Sure! Good or bad, we are all going to feel it together. The thing that pains me most is that Jonathan didn't even favour the Ibos.

However, those supporting Buhari should also have their eyes open Oº°˚˚°˚° and. Be constructive because it pain more to be betreyed.
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by tunapius(m): 2:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
Well play@op, u wanna start criticizing GMB even at wen hes yet to be sworn in. Heaven knws GEJ is tha most criticized president in d history of Nigeria & nobody can beat dat...! U hear? Awon mofos
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by bmoses(f): 2:51pm On Apr 15, 2015
Noneroone:
The foreign backers of the abokki better teach him. Otherwise we Igbos will remind him that democracy is in our nature.

were u not among those that was praying for Buhari to become the President? dont complain ooooo
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by stunning4real: 2:55pm On Apr 15, 2015
Noneroone:
No wonder you guys are not in 1-4 in Nigeria cabinet.
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by gbemi514: 3:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
kastonkastrol:
[b] this kinda chest beating is the sole reason why you guys are politically naïve. You just have to say "we igbos" when you could simply say "nigerians".

@topic. This write up is lace with bigotry and hate, I will advice the writer of this disjointed rubbish to accept the defeat of jonathan in goodfaith and move on. He is praising the pdp guys that conceded defeat and congratulated APC guys, but he himself is yet to accept the fact that his jonathan has been wiped so hard. Is kinda funny when these cry babies shout about underaged voters in the north and say nothing about the election fraud that happened in:

• enugu(where one single void vote was not recorded)
• rivers( where election didn't even take place and jonathan miraculously got 1.4million votes.
• akwa ibom
• delta state( where the number of accredited voters is the same with that of lagos state and about 75% of registered voters all voted in the just concluded presidential election. SMH

Anyway is non of my business when some certain people choose to cry and wail about buhari's victory. [/b]
GOD bless u more......u really spoke out my mind loud

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by tonychristopher: 3:06pm On Apr 15, 2015
stunning4real:
so. does it change the price of beans or has top post changed the touts in lagos

why don't u. get this

igbo dont depend on government
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by SmilingHarry(m): 3:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
The writer of this piece is narrow minded. The write-up lacks substance.
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by ICHINONYE(m): 3:10pm On Apr 15, 2015
I tink ure blind to read dat d Gombe n Enugu guy neva conced defeat, goat like u, Vagaabond
DTaj:

Stupid man/woman stop spreading dumb falsehood and read the papers dispassionately. The following APC governorship election candidates called and congratulated PDP winners in the following states: Gombe, Cross-River, Enugu, Ebonyi...It was reported in the newspapers!
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by wisdomguy4u(m): 3:13pm On Apr 15, 2015
omarlee:

Now I finally believe that majority of Igbos are unrepentant tribalist and certified bigots. As your head is flat, so is your brain. I see the reason why the northernrs slaughter your people in droves.
Now that your adopted Azikiwe is defeated in the polls is better for you and your people to take the chill-pill and move on. For if you think you can upset the northnrs with your tribal rants, your are in for a long ride, coz they are gonna come heavy on you-cutting off any Igbo they find in their dormain.

So becus you are not igbo, you think you are safe in Nigeria. Think again. When this war whistle you are blowing will break out , your head might even be the first to be cut off.
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by nnatom: 3:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
nairaland has lost its flavour.I always long to see Whts trending on nairaland and read opinions of matured mind. But now,it pissed me off, cos of the high rate of disgusting comments coming from Pple in this forum.
I'm beginning to wonder if there are no moderators to control this or even close such thread,but to my greatest surprise such thread will make front page. And I dnt knw if nairaland is a social site use to promote division among Nigerians.
someone once said dat most Pple now on nairaland commenting are btw the ages 15-23. on the other hand,if our youthat this age has started nurturing hatred among themselves,then am sorry to say dis country is moving towards its doom.
pls seun do d needful in screening topics that makes it to front page and close thread dat propagate hatred among Nigerians.thank u

And for those shouting for war,war is not wht u watch on movies or play in ur video game.take Libya,Syria Iraq etc as case study.it is never fun.

pls ignore my grammatical errors

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by asamaigho(m): 3:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
owobokiri:
The worst he can do is to stop federal projects in the east, we are used to that. Ban this ban that, we re used to that too. Make few politicians from the east ministers in charge of such funny ministries as information, special duties or at best, ministry of youths and sports/ culture. It won't be new. He towed these lines in the past and the east survived, this his second coming if so vindictive as the first will be history with time too.

Crap..,,,,
wen u guys stop to play sentimental politics, it's obvious dat majority of d igbo populace always wear emotional and sentimental robes and dat is why u lack political foresight.

u people were d once who first aligned with the north to outsmart d west, u guys did dsame in 1979.....so stop crying wolf. ... next time u will learn ur lessons.

d only bankable politicians in the south east remains okorocha, ngige and a few,the rest are tribal bigots.
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by Moheat(m): 3:25pm On Apr 15, 2015
What do you expect from a con WASSCE holder?
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by Strongfaze(m): 3:27pm On Apr 15, 2015
I expected to see statements as evidence against GEB. All I could see was *A SHAM*. Even a foreign observer said elections did not take place in most parts of Rivers state. And point of order please- which state has the highest population in Nigeria according to the last census? Mstwww.... intersociety indeed!
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by Noneroone(m): 3:27pm On Apr 15, 2015
stunning4real:
we dont need it.
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by omolami: 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2015
Those asking buhari to attend demcratic institute are right. The man is born autocratic without an iota of decency in moral association. Kuma a fulani who by nature like dominance. He was lucky Tinubu ambition gave him Lagos, bec no one really like him in SW .Tinubu only rigged every election in Lagos for APC. Buhari is lucky Tinubu did. We alredy know that buhari will find it difficult to rule perfectly in a democratic setting which is quite different from military autocratic rule. The man buhari is a big big bogot, vindictive and wicked. I will not be surprised when he start making move to usurp APC fron Tinubu and make the party a northern party. He must attend WAEC to be morally upright at least for once.
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by Alfranco(m): 3:42pm On Apr 15, 2015
rdokoye:

When Goodluck Jonathan won the 2011 elections, many Northern Nigerians took to the streets and killed over 10,000 fellow Nigerians. Have you already forgotten that, it was only 4 years ago?

Nigeria is at best a country with many nations that are so different in values that its people can't rightly reconcile or tolerate their differences. It is never going to be a nation where a leader will be acceptable by all. The solution is in the system of government to be changed to suit regional preferences as seen before amalgamation, outright balkanization or the country remodel/adopt a suitable system operated in some countries: Spain, India, Uk, etc. As it is no Nigerian can a rule over the country without being viewed as biased or seen as the representative of his ethnicity. That we're one Nigeria is just a sentiment.
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by BraniacX(m): 3:44pm On Apr 15, 2015
akthedream:
I am from SS..you should have observed that is you read all I typed there..but I blame your empty head..sorry bro.

My empty head?
If I have an empty head then you have no head at all

So now you're from the SS abi? Tomorrow where will you be coming from? NC?

Lubbish!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by prettyboi1(m): 3:45pm On Apr 15, 2015
omenka:
After all that rant, I couldn't see a single line the article quoted coming from the general that suggests he's "drawn a battle line with the ss and se". These guys have chosen to continue trudging along the same trajectory even after the election; causing ethnoreligious disharmony and tension. How does calling an election a sham amount to drawing a battle line??

The ordinary hardworking folks who bust their humps daily under the scorching sun in the SS and SE should be mindful of the condemnable antics of these greedy politicians that claim to represent their interests when in fact they value the lives of the pets they have at home more than that of an average South southerner or South easterner. They've completely lost out in the power struggle and the only way they can remain relevant is ensuring that everyone from that region irrespective of social class, sees the government at the centre as an enemy! Even in Abia, APGA is calling for an outright cancellation of the polls because they were a complete "sham". What are they gonna say about that? That Buhari instigated APGA to do so??

If I were Buhari, I'd try to ensure a bill is passed that would criminalise utterances like this. If you can't live in unity irrespective of your tribe or where you come from, remain in your house and interact with only your family or spew garbage in public and have your bigoted asss hauled into jail. Useless fools acting like victims while promoting their uncanny agenda.

Great thinking, Great mind.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by rallymento(m): 3:47pm On Apr 15, 2015
Please lets allow the man take over government 1st. But to be honest, I can't him change the country for now!!
Re: Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety by JoBabs(m): 3:58pm On Apr 15, 2015
jamace:
Buhari is going to rule through a new brand of democracy which I will call military-democracy. grin

U can repeat †hat agAin, le†'s be expecting Wђã† I will call militocracy....

God Bless Nigeria....

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Soldiers Raid Abuja Forests, Arrest Bandits, Destroy Their Camps / Biafra: Presidency Responds To Obasanjo's Call On Buhari To Meet With Kanu / Fatima Ganduje-Ajimobi: Seyi Makinde Can Never Come Close To Ajimobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.