Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Spanish Student Visas - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Spanish Student Visas (156260 Views)

Things you should know about Kenya. Visa, Tourism, Business And Student Visas. / What You Need To Know About Russia Student Visas And Immigration New Laws / Jamaican Denied Visas Over Bleaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spanish Student Visas by tinkagi: 8:48am On Jul 19, 2016
YES IT MUST AUTHENTICATED
obycindy:
Please do I need to authenticate police report at ministry of foreign affairs.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by tinkagi: 8:48am On Jul 19, 2016
YES IT MUST BE AUTHENTICATED
obycindy:
Re: Spanish Student Visas by tinkagi: 8:49am On Jul 19, 2016
YES IT MUST BE AUTHENTICATED
obycindy:
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 11:17am On Jul 19, 2016
obycindy:
Hello house,please how long does it take to legalise documents at spanish embassy. Can someone do dat for me? Kindly assist as my school is resuming by September. @Tinkagi, I seems we are attending the same school in Barcelona. Please I need your assistance. How will I go about legallization of documents at spanish embassy and translation. Kindly assist me.
Hiya @obycindy, again please go through the thread by 1andonly and follow religiously...

See extract of his communication at that time, you can leave out the WAEC thing, because the consulate returns it back each time you submit.

1) Send your documents- WAEC (photocopy), School Certificate (Photocopy) and Transcript (depending on your school and what you are applying for) to the Ministry of Education for authentication. Should not cost more than 5K I have a post on the cost above.

2) Take all these documents along with Birth Certificate (original) and Police Character Certificate (no medical certificate needed PCC should be original) to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for authentication. They will place a seal on your documents.

3) Go to WAEC centre at Yaba and request your result to be sent to the embassy. Do not use an agent!!! Do this like two weeks before booking an appointment with the embassy or consulate.

4) Send the photocopy of your certificate to your university so they can stamp it (Certified True Copy Stamp). Fail to do this, like me, and you will set your application back by like 1 week.

5) Send an e-mail to cog.lagos.leg@maec.es requesting an appointment to legalize your documents.

6) Photocopy all your documents including your passport.

7) Go to the consulate by 8:20am. They will open by 8:30am. Struggle to be in front of the queue and submit your stuff on time to the security. Ignore the number thingy the consulate does not recognize that. Pray that no person legalizing marriage documents is ahead of you if not your name na sorry. The process is pretty slow like government bureaucracy. You will understand that even writing your name and details down could be a long thing (of course it is the security guy that will be doing the writing. At some point I felt like collecting the biro from him and writing it myself)

Make sure you know how many documents you are legalizing and have the exact figure. They don't give change at the consulate and would send you back if it comes to that and don't think you will form Don Jazzy and leave the change, they won't take it. They charge N1,600 per page.

Do all these and your legalization will take you approximately 1 week. Thursdays are only for collections

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 11:26am On Jul 19, 2016
obycindy:
Hello house,please how long does it take to legalise documents at spanish embassy. Can someone do dat for me? Kindly assist as my school is resuming by September. @Tinkagi, I seems we are attending the same school in Barcelona. Please I need your assistance. How will I go about legallization of documents at spanish embassy and translation. Kindly assist me.

Usually it take max of 2 weeks if your documents are not going to be investigated, and 2 months if they will carry out any investigation... best thing to do quickly spot out the gaps in your documentation and make sure you address them asap... After which you will apply for visa that takes max of one month (note these are most times it is ready before then)...

Just pray that your docs are not subjected to investigation, because this was the most frustrating part for me, since I had no idea about it earlier.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by ManCiCi1: 2:27pm On Jul 19, 2016
I was only told I would be contacted by the investigators (Lawyers). The money I paid was also to the law firm's account. And I really hope they speed up the whole process.
objifeanyi:

Hiya ManCiCi1,

Thanks for the sharing the info, just to get what you mentioned, did the embassy give you permission to speak to the investigators? thought it should be confidential...Nways in my own case I paid the investigation fee into the law firm - Consolex and I believe they are the ones carrying out the investigation... just hope they could speed it up because various factors may affect this (I guess) which includes getting a sizeable number for a particular location...
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ManCiCi1: 2:43pm On Jul 19, 2016
@1andonly Vivian said Its advisable for me to translate the whole of my Police Character Certificate (the three pages). This would make a total of 6 pages to translate as opposed the earlier mentioned 5 pages stated here. She also said other students who didn't translate the finger print page (even though the words are scanty and it looks irrelevant) later had issues as they ended up translating it after their documents were returned during visa processing. This set them back a long time.
Please what do you know/think about this?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by obycindy: 10:05pm On Jul 20, 2016
Thanks so much my wonderful people. I appreciate.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by tinkagi: 1:13pm On Jul 22, 2016
@1andonly I saw a room in barcelona and the person in charge said for me to obtain a six month contract i have to pay the first month rent which is 340 euros and 440 euros security deposit and another 250 deposit making a total of 1030 euros for house wen i never see shocked how you see this matter? one other guy said i should pay him 350 euros for him to give me just one month contract.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 12:58pm On Jul 23, 2016
ManCiCi1:
@1andonly Vivian said Its advisable for me to translate the whole of my Police Character Certificate (the three pages). This would make a total of 6 pages to translate as opposed the earlier mentioned 5 pages stated here. She also said other students who didn't translate the finger print page (even though the words are scanty and it looks irrelevant) later had issues as they ended up translating it after their documents were returned during visa processing. This set them back a long time.
Please what do you know/think about this?

Well if Vivian says so then it is most likely true.

I used Rodrigo but I think Vivian is equally on point.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2016
tinkagi:
@1andonly I saw a room in barcelona and the person in charge said for me to obtain a six month contract i have to pay the first month rent which is 340 euros and 440 euros security deposit and another 250 deposit making a total of 1030 euros for house wen i never see shocked how you see this matter? one other guy said i should pay him 350 euros for him to give me just one month contract.

I understand the 1 month contract and security deposit. I don't understand the other deposit. You have to be wary as there are many scammers however, I paid 1 month deposit with an extra security deposit for a 1 year contract.

You can post the link here if it is genuine, it will speak for itself. Mine was Vila Universitaria in UAB so it was pretty straight forward.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2016
I am using easypiso.com and housinganywhere.com, but I just got one site from my school uniplaces.com. Still searching for a suitable one.
1andonly:

I understand the 1 month contract and security deposit. I don't understand the other deposit. You have to be wary as there are many scammers however, I paid 1 month deposit with an extra security deposit for a 1 year contract.

You can post the link here if it is genuine, it will speak for itself. Mine was Vila Universitaria in UAB so it was pretty straight forward.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 3:15pm On Jul 23, 2016
zendman:
I am using easypiso.com and housinganywhere.com, but I just got one site from my school uniplaces.com. Still searching for a suitable one.

uniplaces to the best of my knowledge is genuine.

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 4:16pm On Jul 23, 2016
Thanks. I got one for 250 euros and 300 euros security deposit. But is 51 min from my school on foot. Will pay for it anyway.
1andonly:

uniplaces to the best of my knowledge is genuine.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Damola89: 8:51pm On Jul 25, 2016
Thanks so much guys for the intervention. I also want to inquire about accommodation. The International Welcome office of my school (UAB) sent an accommodation certificate and advised that I should not make any payment for accommodation until I arrive in Barcelona. What do you advise guys?

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by krested07: 11:49am On Jul 26, 2016
Hello all,
what is the Spanish policy of working after Graduation for foreigners?
How easy is it to get a job in Spain after graduation.
How recognized is a Spanish degree around the world.
I would appreciate feedbacks
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ManCiCi1: 12:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
@1andonly thanks much
@zendman It's about a month already since you said you submitted your documents, please has anyone (lawyer/investigator) contacted you concerning the investigation thing?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ManCiCi1: 12:26pm On Jul 26, 2016
I don't think IWP of UAB is in charge of accommodation processing. In their brochure (IWP) they suggested sites you can link up to secure accommodation one of which is Vila Universitaria, they're very reliable and most people on here paid deposits to secure their own apartments. In my case I paid to secure my apartment which also covers the one year contract (a month rent equivalent) and will pay the actual one month rent on arrival.
Damola89:
Thanks so much guys for the intervention. I also want to inquire about accommodation. The International Welcome office of my school (UAB) sent an accommodation certificate and advised that I should not make any payment for accommodation until I arrive in Barcelona. What do you advise guys?

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2016
No one has contacted me.
ManCiCi1:
@1andonly thanks much
@zendman It's about a month already since you said you submitted your documents, please has anyone (lawyer/investigator) contacted you concerning the investigation thing?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 7:15pm On Jul 26, 2016
Bros oo please am going to UPC in barcelona can I also get an accommodation using this Vila univer... if yes Pls send me the link. Uniplaces is giving me headache. Booked two places but was rejected by landlord. And the available places are too expensive for me. In fact they are yet to refund my 300 euros.
ManCiCi1:
I don't think IWP of UAB is in charge of accommodation processing. In their brochure (IWP) they suggested sites you can link up to secure accommodation one of which is Vila Universitaria, they're very reliable and most people on here paid deposits to secure their own apartments. In my case I paid to secure my apartment which also covers the one year contract (a month rent equivalent) and will pay the actual one month rent on arrival.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 8:56am On Jul 27, 2016
PLEASE RESPOND IS URGENT
ManCiCi1:
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ManCiCi1: 9:41am On Jul 27, 2016
Hello, Vila Universitat is for UAB, they are in charge of housing in UAB. Your University also would have a branch in charge of housing. Yes it could be a little complicated but keep trying I'm sure you'll get a suitable apartment.
zendman:
Bros oo please am going to UPC in barcelona can I also get an accommodation using this Vila univer... if yes Pls send me the link. Uniplaces is giving me headache. Booked two places but was rejected by landlord. And the available places are too expensive for me. In fact they are yet to refund my 300 euros.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ManCiCi1: 9:44am On Jul 27, 2016
@zendman Before you make any payment make sure the apartment is very much available. In fact you could request for a confirmation of availability of the apartment before you make payment to be safe. Just my opinion.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 12:38pm On Jul 27, 2016
That was the mistake I made. They have refunded my cash to me now. Thank you.
ManCiCi1:
@zendman Before you make any payment make sure the apartment is very much available. In fact you could request for a confirmation of availability of the apartment before you make payment to be safe. Just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 12:59am On Jul 28, 2016
zendman:

Don't got to Vila it will be very far from your school. I doubt they would even accept you seeing you're not a UAB student.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 12:09pm On Jul 31, 2016
At the bolded. 1000 euros per month for my 2 year(24 months) course is 24000 euros, at the current exchange rate that is 24000*392=9408000 shocked in addition to 3 million for my fees. that is like 12 million in total. shocked I only have 52% of that amount with me. Which roughly 6.2 million. But meanwhile my sponsor has far more than that 13 million but it will be unrealistic for me to demand for such an amount or even have such an amount transferred into my account. Anyway I'm going to go ahead and submit my sponsors bank statement and mine bearing the 6 million. @1andonly what are my chances Of securing a visa with what I have in my bank. Meanwhile this quote was from kudie in 2015
Kudie:
I just read through the thread ... My experience was that the process seemed confusing at first but I contacted an Alumni and a current student of my school so they could break it down for me. The most stressful part turned out to be the long waits at the Consulate and dealing with the B'S from the Consulate staff (Nigerians turned Spanish). Few pointers:

1. Med Cert must not be from a General Hospital ...I used one from a Military Hospital (The guy at the consulate had told me it must not be ..took a sample to him on the day of Legalisation). Probably any government related hospital to be on the safe side. However it must have that clause they stated in the requirements about not having contagious disease in line with Blah blah.

2. Get an accommodation contract covering about a month as proof of temporary accommodation then ensure the rest of your rent is in your account. Google Dflat housing..I paid with my debit card and the contract was couriered to me.

3.I have it from a trusted source that you are better off having your living expenses in your own account and not a sponsor's account. This is at the rate of 1000 Euros per month for the duration of your course.

4. Translation can be done within 3 to 4 days at the rate of 7,900 per page plus 5000 for courier. Unfortunately I can't put the dude's number up here. Dude is somewhere at SON on same street as the Consulate.

5. Make sure your School sends you original copy(ies) of receipts for payments.

6. Ensure the photocopy of your legalised finger print document for Police Certificate is photocopied front and back on same sheet of paper jst as the original is.

7. Don't get worried if they decide to interview you briefly with respect to your BSc Certificate...jst be confident and answer as appropriate..They decide if to put ur BSc thru Investigation by conducting the very brief interview..Investigation will mean two months of waiting plus 60k payment. I was interviewed...The Oyibo lady asked when I graduated ...If I have been working since graduation...name of my then VC ..name of the Registrar..Course I studied...don't be surprised if she asks why you are going for a particular Masters considering ur First Degree is in a diff or unrelated discipline...This interview is done at the Legalisation stage if they feel the need.

Pls don't let that Lady intimidate you but then just politely express urself and do not engage her in an argument ..she doesn't waste time in calling security.

I submitted my application first week of July and I am waiting for their response. I am positive the response will be favourable.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 4:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
zendman:
At the bolded. 1000 euros per month for my 2 year(24 months) course is 24000 euros, at the current exchange rate that is 24000*392=9408000 shocked in addition to 3 million for my fees. that is like 12 million in total. shocked I only have 52% of that amount with me. Which roughly 6.2 million. But meanwhile my sponsor has far more than that 13 million but it will be unrealistic for me to demand for such an amount or even have such an amount transferred into my account. Anyway I'm going to go ahead and submit my sponsors bank statement and mine bearing the 6 million. @1andonly what are my chances Of securing a visa with what I have in my bank. Meanwhile this quote was from kudie in 2015

I think the consulate calculates it with around 600 EUR per month and will probably use CBN rate for their exchange rate calculation so I think your chances are high even without a sponsor. I don't think the consulate cares about your sponsor if he/she is not your parent or bears a different name from you.

So I will advise you calculate with 600, check the official exchange rate for EUR/NGN and augment your account if need be. I think an additional 1.5 to 2 mill should do the trick though and place you on the safe side.

Btw your school is quite expensive. Why didn't you go for a cheaper school. There are way more cheaper schools in Spain.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 5:20pm On Jul 31, 2016
I am paying 7500 euros for the two years. So i simply converted it using 7500*392=2940000 which is roughly 3 million. though am paying 1870 euros per semester. the four schools that gave me admission charge on average 1700 euros per semester. I had to choose this (UPC) because they added me to list of candidates they intend to consider for a 3000 euro scholarship. Na that one i dey pray for now grin beside the school profile seems to be very high in engineering.
1andonly:

I think the consulate calculates it with around 600 EUR per month and will probably use CBN rate for their exchange rate calculation so I think your chances are high even without a sponsor. I don't think the consulate cares about your sponsor if he/she is not your parent or bears a different name from you.

So I will advise you calculate with 600, check the official exchange rate for EUR/NGN and augment your account if need be. I think an additional 1.5 to 2 mill should do the trick though and place you on the safe side.

Btw your school is quite expensive. Why didn't you go for a cheaper school. There are way more cheaper schools in Spain.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 11:45pm On Aug 07, 2016
Hiya,

Please has anyone gotten any info from the embassy regarding the investigation of their docs. I have tried calling relentlessly in recent weeks but no response.

I did drop them an e mail though, I hope they respond this time....
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 9:54am On Aug 08, 2016
Not at all, I don't even want them to anyway. Have you discussed with your school on the possibility of shifting your resumption date? It seems most schools there are on summer break now.
objifeanyi:
Hiya,

Please has anyone gotten any info from the embassy regarding the investigation of their docs. I have tried calling relentlessly in recent weeks but no response.

I did drop them an e mail though, I hope they respond this time....
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 11:28am On Aug 08, 2016
zendman:
Not at all, I don't even want them to anyway. Have you discussed with your school on the possibility of shifting your resumption date? It seems most schools there are on summer break now.

Unfortunately not sure the resumption date can be shifted because most of the students have arrived campus. I just heard from someone that you need an appointment for visa application. I have dropped the consulate an email to authenticate this. May be this is a new requirement as I learnt there is a new Consulate General

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 1:25pm On Aug 08, 2016
Oh really, that will be great if only they can adopt the U.S.A style.
objifeanyi:

Unfortunately not sure the resumption date can be shifted because most of the students have arrived campus. I just heard from someone that you need an appointment for visa application. I have dropped the consulate an email to authenticate this. May be this is a new requirement as I learnt there is a new Consulate General

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (41) (Reply)

STUDY IN BULGARIA / Being Black In Berlin/germany / Tell Us About The City Where You Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.