Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Spanish Student Visas - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Spanish Student Visas (155915 Views)

Things you should know about Kenya. Visa, Tourism, Business And Student Visas. / What You Need To Know About Russia Student Visas And Immigration New Laws / Jamaican Denied Visas Over Bleaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 6:01pm On Aug 09, 2016
zendman:
Oh really, that will be great if only they can adopt the U.S.A style.

Hiya all I was able to confirm with the Spanish consulate here that you need no appointment for visa application, you just need to turn up... see extract of the e mail.

'For student visa you dont need an appointment. You can come form 8 to 10 hours everyday'

Also the Spanish consulate gave me a call yesterday evening for the purpose of verifying my credentials. I had the lawyer visit my home and he requested my academic history starting from Primary to University as evidenced by my certificates. He also requested evidence of my admission... so please for guys who are under investigation, try to keep copies of the these documents.

As for your admission letter, I know the embassy will make do with the Spanish version, but it will be ok you have an English translation just to enable the lawyer who may visit for investigation read through easily and quickly form an opinion...

This process is very involving but please let us all keep faith with God having gone this far...

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 10:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ewo! They should not border looking for me ooo cos I am already in kano for official reasons. cool beside my primary school certificate can't be found now.
objifeanyi:

Hiya all I was able to confirm with the Spanish consulate here that you need no appointment for visa application, you just need to turn up... see extract of the e mail.

'For student visa you dont need an appointment. You can come form 8 to 10 hours everyday'

Also the Spanish consulate gave me a call yesterday evening for the purpose of verifying my credentials. I had the lawyer visit my home and he requested my academic history starting from Primary to University as evidenced by my certificates. He also requested evidence of my admission... so please for guys who are under investigation, try to keep copies of the these documents.

As for your admission letter, I know the embassy will make do with the Spanish version, but it will be ok you have an English translation just to enable the lawyer who may visit for investigation read through easily and quickly form an opinion...

This process is very involving but please let us all keep faith with God having gone this far...

Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 10:47pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ewo! They should not border looking for me ooo cos I am already in kano for official reasons. cool beside my primary school certificate can't be found now.
I guess you can even apply now if your doc are complete. Congrat!
Vision #spain2016 grin
objifeanyi:

Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 11:21am On Aug 10, 2016
zendman:
I guess you can even apply now if your doc are complete. Congrat!
Vision #spain2016 grin

Not sure I can submit because my BSc. Certificate is not legalized.

Info for all, incase your PCC has expired as a result of investigation the Spanish embassy allows for renewal of the pink copy only. You don't need to do fresh finger prints however you will have to legalize and translate the pink copy again. Please be mindful about that and incorporate in your time line so you can apply for visa max the next working day after investigation
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Skelewudprince: 12:19pm On Aug 10, 2016
zendman:
At the bolded. 1000 euros per month for my 2 year(24 months) course is 24000 euros, at the current exchange rate that is 24000*392=9408000 shocked in addition to 3 million for my fees. that is like 12 million in total. shocked I only have 52% of that amount with me. Which roughly 6.2 million. But meanwhile my sponsor has far more than that 13 million but it will be unrealistic for me to demand for such an amount or even have such an amount transferred into my account. Anyway I'm going to go ahead and submit my sponsors bank statement and mine bearing the 6 million. @1andonly what are my chances Of securing a visa with what I have in my bank. Meanwhile this quote was from kudie in 2015

@Zendman, I have also gotten a PhD admission at UPC, but I was told that I can not pay the tuition fee until September 5, when the registration/enrollment opens. However, I do not know the exact tuition fee yet. Can you tell me how you got to know your tuition fees?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 12:41pm On Aug 10, 2016
It was written boldly on my admission letter. Try and call the coordinator of your course.

You can also browse the department, under the enrolment process you will see prices listed. They normally pay per course but since yours is PhD I don't know how they charge. But I was charge 61 euros per course for masters in telecom engineering.
The frustrating thing now is they are on vacation and no one is even replying mails or answering calls.
Skelewudprince:

@Zendman, I have also gotten a PhD admission at UPC, but I was told that I can not pay the tuition fee until September 5, when the registration/enrollment opens. However, I do not know the exact tuition fee yet. Can you tell me how you got to know your tuition fees?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2016
My PCC is 8 of June does that mean I still have till 8 of September before it expires
objifeanyi:

Not sure I can submit because my BSc. Certificate is not legalized.

Info for all, incase your PCC has expired as a result of investigation the Spanish embassy allows for renewal of the pink copy only. You don't need to do fresh finger prints however you will have to legalize and translate the pink copy again. Please be mindful about that and incorporate in your time line so you can apply for visa max the next working day after investigation
Re: Spanish Student Visas by mcobex: 1:51pm On Aug 10, 2016
Good day gurus in the house, pls am new here. I intend goin for a 7weeks training in Barcelona this year and will like to know the requirements.thanks
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 5:56pm On Aug 10, 2016
I suggest you use the short stay visa option since is just 7 weeks and less than 3 months.
mcobex:
Good day gurus in the house, pls am new here. I intend goin for a 7weeks training in Barcelona this year and will like to know the requirements.thanks
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 11:34am On Aug 11, 2016
mcobex:

You will have to use VFS, not sure you need to visit the Spanish Consulate since it is a short term stay (less than 3 months)
Re: Spanish Student Visas by obycindy: 1:00pm On Aug 13, 2016
Good day my people,
Kindly advise, I need to translate my documents but don't know where to do that. According to spanish embassy requirements. They need original copy of my school fees and accommodation receipt.I only paid 600 euros, my school said I will pay the remaining when I arrive. I only have the scanned copies.
Kindly advise me as am planning to apply for visa next week Friday.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 1:16pm On Aug 13, 2016
For translation contact Rodrigo, u will see his email on page 4, Vivian is on holiday till 17th of August, she did mine and was very fast. For the fees, go with the receipt for the 600 euros you paid and get a written note from the school regarding how enrolment is done. I feel the Spanish embassy does not know much about how her school operates. Most schools only ask for a percentage of the fees and the other part is paid when you get there.
I will advice you visit any xerox centre to print the scanned copy because they produce quality prints and you won't even know is not original copy except you are told. One of their office is at awolowo way in Ikoyi.
obycindy:
Good day my people,
Kindly advise, I need to translate my documents but don't know where to do that. According to spanish embassy requirements. They need original copy of my school fees and accommodation receipt.I only paid 600 euros, my school said I will pay the remaining when I arrive. I only have the scanned copies.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ManCiCi1: 10:28am On Aug 14, 2016
Hi guys, I promised to indicate if I got contacted. I was contacted by an "investigator" on Wednesday but I wasn't around so the visitation was rescheduled to Friday but I was later informed that they've figured a way to continue the investigation without visiting me at home. I have no idea what that implies but I'm still hopeful.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ManCiCi1: 10:57am On Aug 14, 2016
@1andonly Pls, during your time did you have to get a note from school regarding your school's enrollment and payment options? Since we should have our remaining fees in our account, what do you think?
zendman:
For translation contact Rodrigo, u will see his email on page 4, Vivian is on holiday till 17th of August, she did mine and was very fast. For the fees, go with the receipt for the 600 euros you paid and get a written note from the school regarding how enrolment is done. I feel the Spanish embassy does not know much about how her school operates. Most schools only ask for a percentage of the fees and the other part is paid when you get there.
I will advice you visit any xerox centre to print the scanned copy because they produce quality prints and you won't even know is not original copy except you are told. One of their office is at awolowo way in Ikoyi.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 12:22am On Aug 15, 2016
ManCiCi1:
@1andonly Pls, during your time did you have to get a note from school regarding your school's enrollment and payment options? Since we should have our remaining fees in our account, what do you think?
I don't quite get the question but I had an official receipt stating my fees had been paid.

If you what you mean is that your school only takes payment when you arrive, then it is ok for them to state it and then you have the funds in your account.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 12:23am On Aug 15, 2016
obycindy:
Good day my people,

You won't achieve much with just scanned copies.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by engineerjay: 12:55am On Aug 15, 2016
Hello everyone!

Reading this thread has been enlightening. I start studies in UPC in September.
My question: Can i legalize my notification of result for my Bsc? My official certificate is not yet ready.

Thanks for any information.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ManCiCi1: 1:00pm On Aug 15, 2016
I paid part payment and I'm required to pay the rest when I resume there. My question is that do you think it's necessary to still get a note from school stating that I'm paying the remaining school fees during resumption? Which was your case concerning this. (Plus I have my remaining fees in my account as suggested here)
1andonly:

I don't quite get the question but I had an official receipt stating my fees had been paid.

If you what you mean is that your school only takes payment when you arrive, then it is ok for them to state it and then you have the funds in your account.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by obycindy: 3:51pm On Aug 15, 2016
Please where can I see Vivian, I need to translate my documents ASAP.I am in Lagos now. Someone should direct me where to translate please. Secondly, can I use ALLCO INSURANCE and how much will it cost me for medical insurance.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 4:18pm On Aug 15, 2016
I think Vivian is in spain or Italy here I her email: vivianokenwa@yahoo.co.uk she is on holiday till 17th Aug. Send her an email she will reply when she gets back. U can use aiico it cost 30,800 naira for a year.
obycindy:
Please where can I see Vivian, I need to translate my documents ASAP.I am in Lagos now. Someone should direct me where to translate please. Secondly, can I use ALLCO INSURANCE and how much will it cost me for medical insurance.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by obycindy: 10:05pm On Aug 15, 2016
@zendman thanks very much.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2016
Hiya Guys,

I just got info from the consulate that I can pick up my document on Thursday... Hopefully I will apply for visa next week...
Re: Spanish Student Visas by ManCiCi1: 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2016
Congrats bro, all the best.
objifeanyi:
Hiya Guys,

I just info from the consulate that I can pick up my document on Thursday... Hopefully I will apply for visa next week...
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 4:07pm On Aug 16, 2016
oh that is good. mine might even be ready.
objifeanyi:
Hiya Guys,

I just info from the consulate that I can pick up my document on Thursday... Hopefully I will apply for visa next week...
Re: Spanish Student Visas by kachi10: 4:30pm On Aug 17, 2016
hello everyone, i am new to this thread and it has been quite insightful. please can anyone let me know the requirements for applying for a spanish visa for undergraduate study? can the living expenses funds be in the account of my sponsor. Also i got admission to study architecture at IE in Spain and the course is for 5 years, will i need to have the tuition for all 5 years + living expenses in my sponsor's account / my account now, to apply for the visa? i really need help!!
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 8:26am On Aug 18, 2016
I think you have to have all the fees and extra for personal use in your account. Read page 3, someone was denied the visa because she only had fees for 3 yrs of her study instead of the entire period of study. You can contact @objifeanyi to give you the Spanish consulate email so you ask them directly. All the best.
kachi10:
hello everyone, i am new to this thread and it has been quite insightful. please can anyone let me know the requirements for applying for a spanish visa for undergraduate study? can the living expenses funds be in the account of my sponsor. Also i got admission to study architecture at IE in Spain and the course is for 5 years, will i need to have the tuition for all 5 years + living expenses in my sponsor's account / my account now, to apply for the visa? i really need help!!
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 2:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
1andonly:
@objifeanyi and @ManCiCi1 well. My certificate was never investigated but as for the timing, you might need your school to provide you with an additional letter stating that you won't miss classes even if you resume one month late or 3 weeks late.

I had similar issues and I also have another Nigerian in my school that resumed far later than me. To be sure I struggled in the first semester but made up for leeway afterwards.

So maybe it is not entirely a disaster.

Hiya @1andonly, was it the embassy that requested you get such letter or the school sent it to you out of its own volition.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 2:47pm On Aug 18, 2016
zendman:
I think you have to have all the fees and extra for personal use in your account. Read page 3, someone was denied the visa because she only had fees for 3 yrs of her study instead of the entire period of study. You can contact @objifeanyi to give you the Spanish consulate email so you ask them directly. All the best.

For legalization please send your enquries to cog.lagos.leg@maec.es

For Visa - cog.lagos.vis@maec.es

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Skelewudprince: 6:11pm On Aug 18, 2016
zendman:
It was written boldly on my admission letter. Try and call the coordinator of your course.

You can also browse the department, under the enrolment process you will see prices listed. They normally pay per course but since yours is PhD I don't know how they charge. But I was charge 61 euros per course for masters in telecom engineering.
The frustrating thing now is they are on vacation and no one is even replying mails or answering calls.

Thanks, my tuition fee is not stated on my admission letter, they are also not responding to my mails.

I will also like to confirm if the original birth certificate has to be legalised at the Min. of Foreign affairs because I only legalised the photocopy.
Also are my original school certificates to be legalised at the foreign affairs too? Only the photocopies were legalised at the foreign affairs but the original were legalised at the Min of Edu.

Also, do I really need a certified true copies of my certificates? if so, where do I take them to?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 7:03pm On Aug 18, 2016
You can't use birth certificate because you were probably born before 1992 I guess. So u have to get a declaration of age from National population commission which will cost u 6k that is what u take to MOF and MOE for certification then forward to the embassy for legalization. Go to ur school and take ur photocopy certificate with u so they can stamp CTC on it. Also take both the CTC stamp photocopy and ur original certificate to MOE for certification and both will be certified then forward to the embassy for legalization.
Since u are resuming Sept 5th just pray they don't investigate your certificate cos that will be two months of waiting.
@objifeanyi did the embassy tell u anything that might help us in our application?
Skelewudprince:

Thanks, my tuition fee is not stated on my admission letter, they are also not responding to my mails.

I will also like to confirm if the original birth certificate has to be legalised at the Min. of Foreign affairs because I only legalised the photocopy.
Also are my original school certificates to be legalised at the foreign affairs too? Only the photocopies were legalised at the foreign affairs but the original were legalised at the Min of Edu.

Also, do I really need a certified true copies of my certificates? if so, where do I take them to?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by objifeanyi: 9:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
zendman:
You can't use birth certificate because you were probably born before 1992 I guess. So u have to get a declaration of age from National population commission which will cost u 6k that is what u take to MOF and MOE for certification then forward to the embassy for legalization. Go to ur school and take ur photocopy certificate with u so they can stamp CTC on it. Also take both the CTC stamp photocopy and ur original certificate to MOE for certification and both will be certified then forward to the embassy for legalization.
Since u are resuming Sept 5th just pray they don't investigate your certificate cos that will be two months of waiting.
@objifeanyi did the embassy tell u anything that might help us in our application?

Hiya @zendman I have not applied yet for visa as I picked up my legalized edu copies today. I also did not ask at the embassy, however I do not think it will be any different from all that was said by 1andonly and the guys who went last year, hence best to follow through... In any case my PCC expired and I will be picking it up on the 25th of Aug, I trust this time we will put faces to our names... let connect via this medium ahead of 25th Aug

I pray we all succeed in this venture because it is extremely involving.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by zendman: 9:46pm On Aug 18, 2016
objifeanyi:

Hiya @zendman I have not applied yet for visa as I picked up my legalized edu copies today. I also did not ask at the embassy, however I do not think it will be any different from all that was said by 1andonly and the guys who went last year, hence best to follow through... In any case my PCC expired and I will be picking it up on the 25th of Aug, I trust this time we will put faces to our names... let connect via this medium ahead of 25th Aug

I pray we all succeed in this venture because it is extremely involving.
Amen. God has answered our prayers. We will come here to testify.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (41) (Reply)

STUDY IN BULGARIA / Being Black In Berlin/germany / Tell Us About The City Where You Live

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.