Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,898 members, 7,866,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:18 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1258557 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1407) (1408) (1409) (1410) (1411) (1412) (1413) ... (1544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 10:28am On Jan 21, 2022
Minemrys:

If the film is good, people won't care about the run time. Your fears are the reason studios like WB ruin directors work. Have faith. It ain't all about the money, but creativity and entertainment. Endgame did well, didn't it?
Show the audience some confidence. Have faith.
Although I ain't going to see it. Will be here waiting to hear from you guys.

I think people manning WB DCEU unit are finally coming to their senses... If it did well, don't be surprised to see a 3hrs for The Flash movie.
Movies with prominent or notable characters need better screen times...
Definitely. Positive words of mouth and long legs will definitely cover any movie with a long run time if the movie is compelling.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BankyGee(m): 12:11pm On Jan 21, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Lol....If you read those (X) things you didn't know about this actor/actress....They like including this thing for Cruise own Wella.. grin grin
You know things bruh grin
X things grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:28pm On Jan 21, 2022
SMUAG:

I think people manning WB DCEU unit are finally coming to their senses... If it did well, don't be surprised to see a 3hrs for The Flash movie.
Definitely. Positive words of mouth and long legs will definitely cover any movie with a long run time if the movie is compelling.
My point exactly. I don't recall interstellar or Inception being flops. I wouldn't say they're coming to their senses, WB have directors they trust more or perhaps it was in the contract they signed with Reeves regarding any external interference as to the shape or nature of the movie prior to him agreeing to sign up. I don't know but I wouldn't keep my hopes up.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2022
Great! 3 hours of dark lighting. Just what we need. /s
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 2:32pm On Jan 21, 2022
Minemrys:

If the film is good, people won't care about the run time. Your fears are the reason studios like WB ruin directors work. Have faith. It ain't all about the money, but creativity and entertainment. Endgame did well, didn't it?
Show the audience some confidence. Have faith.
Although I ain't going to see it. Will be here waiting to hear from you guys.

Faith? WB's track record in this area doesn't offer much room for optimism, chief.

For the amount of money spent on creating this film, one would think there'd be enough ingenuity to fit in a tale under 2 hours, but hey, what do I know, I'm just some pleb who's too focused on not getting bored to death watching a Batman movie play out for 3 hours like some Ph.D. Dissertation presentation.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 2:36pm On Jan 21, 2022
SMUAG:

It won't do well, and there won't be a 3 hours Flash movie.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 2:43pm On Jan 21, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

It won't do well, and there won't be a 3 hours Flash movie.
Hmmm...... What makes you think it won't do well...?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 2:55pm On Jan 21, 2022
SMUAG:

Hmmm...... What makes you think it won't do well...?

The writing is plainly visible on the walls. The average casual moviegoer has a relatively limited attention span, and unless the film is action-packed/humorous, they are unlikely to be interested in seeing sulky Bruce prance around Gotham, in a noir dim lighting. There's a reason why WB executives want to trim it. They've seen it, and they know the length won't go down well with the casuals.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 4:28pm On Jan 21, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

The writing is plainly visible on the walls. The average casual moviegoer has a relatively limited attention span, and unless the film is action-packed/humorous, they are unlikely to be interested in seeing sulky Bruce prance around Gotham, in a noir dim lighting. There's a reason why WB executives want to trim it. They've seen it, and they know the length won't go down well with the casuals.
Interstellar wasn't action-packed/humorous and yet grossed $700 million.
The storytelling just needs to be compelling. And that's not exactly impossible for a Batman story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 5:00pm On Jan 21, 2022
Xavier5:

And how was Batfleck performance against those super powered being? Did he engage in physical combat or he was just running around with a shooter doing nothing, letting his colleagues do the job. Which is exactly what I'm saying, Batfleck was powerless when he went against super powered beings.

Putting this into consideration, it laughable how people will claim Batfleck is a better fighter or is better than Bale's Batman because of the warehouse scene. If you want to compare, compare properly by considering the circumstance involve rather than just picking a scene and assuming a version of a character is better because of that.

Don't also forget, WW was the one that saved him from being barbecued by Doomsday. Also Batfleck has a team to fight along side with unlike Bale's Batman that is solo.

Powerless bane, seriously? As for the dogs, we're talking about huge dogs (I don't know the breed though), and we all know how fast, strong and fierce those kind of dogs are. Put Batfleck against such dogs and lets see how he will fare, and do not forget, everything boils down to the Director.

Anyway, we move.

#Xavier
#DCian
lol u ppl are just arguing over nothing, the director portrayed both batman differently in physicality, and skills, obvious Affleck had better fight scenes not just bcus of the director, but the fight choreography director matters again. Have always preferred Affleck Batman, bcus he was really physical and was portrayed to be very good at hang to hand combat unlike Nolan, but storywise bale was a better batman, and just like someone said, he had his own movie, and if Affleck had his he he might have been better. Might the key word
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 5:03pm On Jan 21, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
Okay, let’s make this comparison. Compare when Bale was fighting Joker’s goon to when Affleck was fighting regime soldiers in knightmare scene. Which is more badass?
hmmm didn't even remember this scene, u kinda right if we were to judge based on this particular scene, but bale had to leave that fight otherwise he will have been overwhelmed just like Affleck was in his scene
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 5:11pm On Jan 21, 2022
Kaycee7:
Interstellar wasn't action-packed/humorous and yet grossed $700 million.
The storytelling just needs to be compelling. And that's not exactly impossible for a Batman story.

To compare The Batman to a thought-provoking film like Interstellar is absurd. For one thing, Interstellar is a hard science fiction film that provides a unique viewing experience. It has a phenomenal soundtrack, amazing visuals, a sympathetic theme, a great cast, a well-written script, a brilliant director, a well-paced story, and a premise that is firmly anchored in well-researched science. It's difficult not to fall in love with a film that emotes so sincerely and truly.

The Batman, on the other hand, is a full-fedged detective noir story. It's a given that there will be a lot of jawing and brooding and a lot less action and humour. Any intrigue in it will be lost in the muck of the muddled drivel. It's a disaster waiting to happen, and I say this as a DC fan.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 5:25pm On Jan 21, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

To compare The Batman to a thought-provoking film like Interstellar is absurd. For one thing, Interstellar is a hard science fiction film that provides a unique viewing experience. It has a phenomenal soundtrack, amazing visuals, a sympathetic theme, a great cast, a well-written script, a brilliant director, a well-paced story, and a premise that is firmly anchored in well-researched science. It's difficult not to fall in love with a film that emotes so sincerely and truly.

The Batman, on the other hand, is a full-fedged detective noir story. It's a given that there will be a lot of jawing and brooding and a lot less action and humour. Any intrigue in it will be lost in the muck of the muddled drivel. It's a disaster waiting to happen, and I say this as a DC fan.
This 'disaster' will outgross any movie WB put out this year.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 5:28pm On Jan 21, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

Well, someone's gotta be pessimistic, I guess.

4 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 5:33pm On Jan 21, 2022
Kaycee7:
Well, someone's gotta be pessimistic, I guess.

A realist is often misinterpreted as a pessimist. It doesn't give me pleasure to bash The Batman, but it is what it is.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 5:33pm On Jan 21, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
This 'disaster' will outgross any movie WB put out this year.

I want it to succeed, but reality always triumphs over desire. Critics will most likely give it high marks, but most moviegoers will pass on it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by PurpLChi: 5:34pm On Jan 21, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

Lmaooo, the biggest Marvel/MCU apologist on NL is "saying this as a DC fan" grin grin grin grin grin grin

I would like to see how you'll backtrack when the movie makes big bucks in the BO.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 5:35pm On Jan 21, 2022
PurpLChi:

Lmaooo, the biggest Marvel/MCU apologist on NL is "saying this as a DC fan" grin grin grin grin grin grin

I would like to see how you'll backtrack when the movie makes big bucks in the BO.

Whatever makes you happy, chief.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:35pm On Jan 21, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

Faith? WB's track record in this area doesn't offer much room for optimism, chief.

For the amount of money spent on creating this film, one would think there'd be enough ingenuity to fit in a tale under 2 hours, but hey, what do I know, I'm just some pleb who's too focused on not getting bored to death watching a Batman movie play out for 3 hours like some Ph.D. Dissertation presentation.
I don't mean faith in the studio, faith in the audience to sit through a good film with a long run time.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by PurpLChi: 5:37pm On Jan 21, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

Whatever makes you happy, chief.

Whatever makes you happy too Mr "DC"
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:38pm On Jan 21, 2022
PurpLChi:

That's how it starts, the fever, the rage the feeling of powerlessness that turns good DC fans into marvel trolls.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by PurpLChi: 5:44pm On Jan 21, 2022
Minemrys:

That's how it starts, the fever, the rage the feeling of powerlessness that turns good DC fans into marvel trolls.

grin grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:46pm On Jan 21, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

Don't believe everything you see from the trailers son.
The Batman may actually have a story that you may not know. It could have everything that keeps audience glued, a mystery, humor, interesting characters, suspense, action and puzzle pieces. What makes a movie entertaining is if it doesn't just tell a story but has audience involved in every way, it has you thinking, smiling, laughing, puzzled, scared and not a drag. That was interstellar. The Batman can also be this. It's just on the film makers and the studio.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 5:46pm On Jan 21, 2022
Portugal loves ZSJL cool

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 5:47pm On Jan 21, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

A realist is often misinterpreted as a pessimist. It doesn't give me pleasure to bash The Batman, but it is what it is.
Realism takes in both sides of the equation. Spelling doom for a movie that has a fair chance at delivering the goods is pessimism.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 5:47pm On Jan 21, 2022
Latam loves Peace cool

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:55pm On Jan 21, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

You basing it off the trailers. Besides, interstellar didn't have the kinda humor you claim. It just needs a story that engages, great acting, characters and pace. Scenes shouldn't be dragged.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:56pm On Jan 21, 2022
VerifiedStalin:
Great! 3 hours of dark lighting. Just what we need. /s
If the story is worth it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 6:03pm On Jan 21, 2022
Kaycee7:
Realism takes in both sides of the equation. Spelling doom for a movie that has a fair chance at delivering the goods is pessimism.

I don't know why you guys are wasting your time with verifiedstalin who is a DC hater and an MCU shill. He should use his real moniker to post here not his alternative. grin

PS: Verifiedstalin aint hulk

Abeg, make una watch this piece from reekado and relax cos The batman will do well cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bovm6-15Ooo

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 6:06pm On Jan 21, 2022
Minemrys:

You basing it off the trailers. Besides, interstellar didn't have the kinda humor you claim. It just needs a story that engages, great acting, characters and pace. Scenes shouldn't be dragged.

Interstellar didn't need to be funny; it had a solid premise. It's relatable, and the theme and characters are relevant. Interstellar is a completely immersive experience.

Unless The Batman follows the MCU formula, I truly believe it will be a more complex, more expensive, darker, and far less amusing version of Knives Out.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 6:08pm On Jan 21, 2022
Minemrys:

Don't believe everything you see from the trailers son.
The Batman may actually have a story that you may not know. It could have everything that keeps audience glued, a mystery, humor, interesting characters, suspense, action and puzzle pieces. What makes a movie entertaining is if it doesn't just tell a story but has audience involved in every way, it has you thinking, smiling, laughing, puzzled, scared and not a drag. That was interstellar. The Batman can also be this. It's just on the film makers and the studio.

Not with a runtime of 3 hours, it won't.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 6:09pm On Jan 21, 2022
Kaycee7:

Po-ta-to... Po-tay-do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1407) (1408) (1409) (1410) (1411) (1412) (1413) ... (1544) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.