Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,910 members, 7,838,242 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1246689 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1406) (1407) (1408) (1409) (1410) (1411) (1412) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 8:18pm On Jan 20, 2022
Xavier5:

Who did he go up against, random thugs in a warehouse which is expected since he's a skilled combatant but when he went up against parademons or Steppenwolf, what was his performance? Why didn't he apply the same skill there?

Bale's Batman went up against Ralsaaghul, the one that trained Bruce Wayne himself, a super skilled mercenary with skilled mercenaries at his Beck and call and Bane, a super powered villain.

Do the comparison properly

And also, don't forget the directors that were involved.

One of my best Batman action scenes was were in The Dark Knight, Batman on a Batpod was going against Joker in a truck, the way he swerved the Batpod 360 after causing Joker's truck to crash was God tier.

But I respect your choice though. To me Christian Bale is the best Batman and Bruce Wayne, Robert Pattinson might over throw him though but till then

#Xavier
#DCian
Had WB allowed the Affleck Bat movie, I’m sure we’d have an even better scene than the warehouse own against Deathstroke.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 8:29pm On Jan 20, 2022
Xavier5:

This is just you putting a director's problem on an actor. We all know Christopher Nolan doesn't do severe actions unlike Zack.

So if Bale's Batman couldn't fight, whose fault is that.

And also that statement is totally false. Ask yourself, who did Bale's Batman go up against, Ralsaaghul, the same person that trained him, a skilled mercenary and Bane, a super powered being. But who did Batfleck go against, some random thugs in a warehouse. Funny how people will compare both without considering who they went up against. When Bale's Batman go up against random thugs, he does extremely well.

Now ask yourself, when Batfleck went up against Steppenwolf, what did he do? Nothing, he wasn't even in the scene. When he went up against the parademons, what did he do? Simple, fought the parademons with a shooter and from his Batmobile, he didn't even engage in physical combat with them.

So when you say, Batfleck has better fight scenes than Bale's Batman, to me that's pure fallacy. How exactly does Batfleck has better fight scenes than Bale's Batman?

#Xavier
#DCian
Am I actually supposed to take the bolded seriously? Bring a BatBale fight sequence that can match warehouse beatdown. I'll wait.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:55pm On Jan 20, 2022
TheKingIsHere:

Ah! He's definitely green arrow cool
When actors start talking like this without official announcement, the role isn't that big.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:04pm On Jan 20, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
Had WB allowed the Affleck Bat movie, I’m sure we’d have an even better scene than the warehouse own against Deathstroke.
Obviously he forgets batfleck took on parademons, survived doomsday. He also forgot bale struggled against thugs and dogs, couldn't figure out a way to beat a powerless bane.
There's no argument. Affleck was able to do alot even with Batman having limited screen time and no solo of his. I still get angry at a failed opportunity with batfleck.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 9:08pm On Jan 20, 2022
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by PurpLChi: 9:13pm On Jan 20, 2022
Xavier5:

Still the same old lines, all you just said is what I addressed in the post you quoted. As for the better action scenes, check my reply to Kaycee7.

The decision that Affleck Batman is better than Bale's is not base on reason, it's base on emotions, some connection or attachments (for whatever reason) people have to that version of the character. When I take a look at the reasons or facts they give, it doesn't add up. It's just like people claiming that Reeves Superman is better than Cavil, how? It's just emotions playing there due to some attachments (for whatever reason) to that version of the character.

No Batfleck supporter has been able to convince me that he's better, they only claim it but they can't prove it; emotions or attachments.

#Xavier
#DCian

Bruh, your opinion is your opinion but don't say people are not supporting your opinion cos of emotional attachment...we all have eyes and we have clearly picked our favourite and also given you reasons....that is enough

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by PurpLChi: 9:14pm On Jan 20, 2022
Minemrys:

Abi na. The thing no be argument sef. Na like make person dey tell you say him babe na the most beautiful woman in the world, but you know deep down say the woman wey him dey advertise no fine like dat. So the best thing na for you to just humor am, lol.

Lol, I swear this your analogy na him grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2022
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 9:29pm On Jan 20, 2022
Xavier5:

And here we go in circles, it's like you don't read my post.

Who did they go up against? Random thugs or super powered and super skilled beings.

Secondly, who's was the director in charge. Nolan doesn't do huge fight scenes unlike Zack

This are things you put into consideration before you start claiming Batfleck is better because of the warehouse scene.

In Batman begins, Batman rode the Batmobile on roof tops. The Batman chase scene in Batman begins to me is far better than the Batman chase scene in BvS. You see, both Batmen have cool actions which they're better than the other at and in which they beat each other at.

Anyway, we move.

#Xavier
#DCian
Never said BatBale couldn't drive. I said he couldn't fight. Whether he went up against faceless goons or a member of the rogue gallery, the fight scenes were mid at best.

Batfleck faced faceless goons at the warehouse but that was a sight to behold. It was gritty, technical and beautifully choreographed.
And I brought this up because you tried to push an agenda of BatBale being perfect in everything.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 9:30pm On Jan 20, 2022
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 9:32pm On Jan 20, 2022
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by PurpLChi: 9:46pm On Jan 20, 2022
Xavier5:

And how was Batfleck performance against those super powered being? Did he engage in physical combat or he was just running around with a shooter doing nothing, letting his colleagues do the job. Which is exactly what I'm saying, Batfleck was powerless when he went against super powered beings.

Putting this into consideration, it laughable how people will claim Batfleck is a better fighter or is better than Bale's Batman because of the warehouse scene. If you want to compare, compare properly by considering the circumstance involve rather than just picking a scene and assuming a version of a character is better because of that.

Don't also forget, WW was the one that saved him from being barbecued by Doomsday. Also Batfleck has a team to fight along side with unlike Bale's Batman that is solo.

Powerless bane, seriously? As for the dogs, we're talking about huge dogs (I don't know the breed though), and we all know how fast, strong and fierce those kind of dogs are. Put Batfleck against such dogs and lets see how he will fare, and do not forget, everything boils down to the Director.

Anyway, we move.

#Xavier
#DCian

Lmaoo grin Batfleck will beat the hell out of those dogs, kill them and brand them grin grin

This guy you're funny

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 9:47pm On Jan 20, 2022
Xavier5:

And when he went up against Parademons, Doomsday and Steppenwolf, how was his performance.

Compare properly by considering the circumstance involve.

And the Batman chase scenes shows that there are action scenes that the Batmen outdo each other in

#Xavier
#DCian
Okay, let’s make this comparison. Compare when Bale was fighting Joker’s goon to when Affleck was fighting regime soldiers in knightmare scene. Which is more badass?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 9:49pm On Jan 20, 2022
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 9:51pm On Jan 20, 2022
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by PurpLChi: 9:53pm On Jan 20, 2022
Xavier5:

And you're forgetting the path where I say consider the director involve

#Xavier
#DCian

it's not our fault that the director wasn't able to portray Batman in all his viscousness...Before Affleck we were satisfied with Bale's portrayal but a better one came along and that's just it bro.
Batffleck is just too cool
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 10:03pm On Jan 20, 2022
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by PurpLChi: 10:06pm On Jan 20, 2022
Xavier5:

And that's the reason you don't use fight scenes for comparison.

Check my edited reply to Kaycee7, I addressed that.

Good night.

#Xavier
#DCian

When you're talking about Batman the fights are the most important part...you can't downplay it for any reason whatsoever... And that's one of the reasons why Affleck is superior

Goodnight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2022
PurpLChi:

it's not our fault that the director wasn't able to portray Batman in all his viscousness...Before Affleck we were satisfied with Bale's portrayal but a better one came along and that's just it bro.
Batffleck is just too cool
Imagine Bale saying "tell me...do you bleed?" Or
"You are not a god, you are not even a man" in the cancer voice.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:12pm On Jan 20, 2022
PurpLChi:

When you're talking about Batman the fights are the most important part...you can't downplay it for any reason whatsoever... And that's one of the reasons why Affleck is superior

Goodnight
Aside that, Affleck was able to portray the Playboy Wayne with ease. Of course bale could, but he didn't do it the way Affleck sold it. "I love those shoessss..." the way he sold the act.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 10:20pm On Jan 20, 2022
Xavier5:

And when he went up against Parademons, Doomsday and Steppenwolf, how was his performance.

Compare properly by considering the circumstance involve.

And the Batman chase scenes shows that there are action scenes that the Batmen outdo each other in.

The warehouse scene was good no doubt but you need to consider the Director involve. Nolan doesn't do huge fight scenes like Zack. Putting this into consideration, I can't pick a fight scene and declare a version of a character is better. Rather than use actions to decide who's better, I use the portrayal of the Batman and Bruce Wayne characters by these actors and to me Christian Bale is way better than Ben Affleck. He played a better Batman, played a better Bruce Wayne, had a better and cool Batman look than Affleck. Some of my reasons are in my first reply to Minemrys.

Affleck is good but Bale is the best but anyways, we move

#Xavier
#DCian
Doomsday and Steppenwolf weren't his fights. He basically focused on staying out of the way so the gods could do battle.
Didn't he fight Parademons in the Knightmare scene? And wasn't that scene pretty cool too?

I'm not declaring which Bats is better, especially when Batfleck didn't get a solo movie against BatBale that got 3. The bottomline I'm getting at is that when all is said and done, Batfleck's a better fighter than BatBale (Read: Had the better fight scenes). BatBale can carry the other accolades.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by PurpLChi: 10:30pm On Jan 20, 2022
Minemrys:

Imagine Bale saying "tell me...do you bleed?" Or
"You are not a god, you are not even a man" in the cancer voice.

it wouldn't have come out that badass tbh... remember when he said I'm not the hero the city needs but the one it deserves, I felt something was missing.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:52pm On Jan 20, 2022
PurpLChi:

it wouldn't have come out that badass tbh... remember when he said I'm not the hero the city needs but the one it deserves, I felt something was missing.
Like seriously. Imagine Affleck saying Bales lines as Batman.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 11:03pm On Jan 20, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
Okay, let’s make this comparison. Compare when Bale was fighting Joker’s goon to when Affleck was fighting regime soldiers in knightmare scene. Which is more badass?

This doesn't count...
Affleck has better fight scenes, half of Zack's budget goes to fighting which then gets bugged down by unnecessary slow Mo's(The Warehouse's beauty was it had no slow mo, just raw gritty action)..
Bale wanted to do a really grounded Batman so his fight choreography wasn't all that..
Can't remember the Baleman movies but he might be more skilled because Affleck was tagged everyother minute in the Warehouse despite fighting thugs(I remember Affleck because it's more recent, can't remember Baleman's fights)...
Asides the fight choreography, Baleman's the best Live action Batman there's been...Pattison might take it when his drops...

Surprised many people are picking Affleck here though, most DC fans in comic sites prefer Bale....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 12:42am On Jan 21, 2022
AnfieldFan:

This doesn't count...
Affleck has better fight scenes, half of Zack's budget goes to fighting which then gets bugged down by unnecessary slow Mo's(The Warehouse's beauty was it had no slow mo, just raw gritty action)..
Bale wanted to do a really grounded Batman so his fight choreography wasn't all that..
Can't remember the Baleman movies but he might be more skilled because Affleck was tagged everyother minute in the Warehouse despite fighting thugs(I remember Affleck because it's more recent, can't remember Baleman's fights)...
Asides the fight choreography, Baleman's the best Live action Batman there's been...Pattison might take it when his drops...

Surprised many people are picking Affleck here though, most DC fans in comic sites prefer Bale....
In an all rounder, Bale trumps Affleck, but Xavier made the statement 'How exactly does Batfleck has better fight scenes than Bale's Batman?' which was what prompted my reply. And I don’t think Bale’s Bat is even as skilled as Affleck’s, dark knight trilogy span across 10 years in which Batman was active for 3ish years, Affleck on the other hand has been doing it for 20years. And about getting tagged, it may be attributed to old age grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BankyGee(m): 5:54am On Jan 21, 2022
Omor las las school no be scam o grin
See where a Biology research led me to shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 6:28am On Jan 21, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
In an all rounder, Bale trumps Affleck, but Xavier made the statement 'How exactly does Batfleck has better fight scenes than Bale's Batman?' which was what prompted my reply. And I don’t think Bale’s Bat is even as skilled as Affleck’s, dark knight trilogy span across 10 years in which Batman was active for 3ish years, Affleck on the other hand has been doing it for 20years. And about getting tagged, it may be attributed to old age grin

Fair enough..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 6:30am On Jan 21, 2022
BankyGee:
Omor las las school no be scam o grin
See where a Biology research led me to shocked

Lol....If you read those (X) things you didn't know about this actor/actress....They like including this thing for Cruise own Wella.. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by PurpLChi: 7:12am On Jan 21, 2022
Minemrys:

Like seriously. Imagine Affleck saying Bales lines as Batman.

That's why Affleck is clear bro
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 8:59am On Jan 21, 2022
PurpLChi:

when I saw the news Oliver Queen came to my mind immediately

Same here cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:01am On Jan 21, 2022
@Abduleez1 your source is right as it is now confirmed. The batman runtime will be 2hrs 55mins.

I'm all in for it but i am afraid of the current viewers we have as many people tend to want only 2 hrs movie. I hope this runtime won't affect its legs in the BO? cry cry

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:15am On Jan 21, 2022
TheKingIsHere:
@Abduleez1 your source is right as it is now confirmed. The batman runtime will be 2hrs 55mins.

I'm all in for it but i am afraid of the current viewers we have as many people tend to want only 2 hrs movie. I hope this runtime won't affect its legs in the BO? cry cry
If the film is good, people won't care about the run time. Your fears are the reason studios like WB ruin directors work. Have faith. It ain't all about the money, but creativity and entertainment. Endgame did well, didn't it?
Show the audience some confidence. Have faith.
Although I ain't going to see it. Will be here waiting to hear from you guys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1406) (1407) (1408) (1409) (1410) (1411) (1412) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.