Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1475) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1236064 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1472) (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 7:47pm On May 16, 2022
WB cooking something Big.
If this deal go through we might get something like Marvel Studios or greater positioning of top franchises.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Purpl3: 8:11pm On May 16, 2022
abduleez1:
If this deal go through we might get something like Marvel Studios or greater positioning of top franchises.

Let them make it official first before I start getting excited.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 7:43am On May 17, 2022
Updates: anyhow seems we getting Aquaman and Meracs child.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:06am On May 17, 2022
Same energy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 12:12pm On May 17, 2022
abduleez1:

Na every year we dey hear this news, abeg make una rest.

Though I do admire the zest some of you put into D.C films, I've moved on long ago.

I treat their flicks like any normal movie.

4 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 2:00pm On May 17, 2022
The Sandman

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by odinson1(m): 7:37pm On May 17, 2022
abduleez1:
The Sandman
Is that woman with wings supposed to be Lucifer?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Vulcanheph(m): 7:47pm On May 17, 2022
odinson1:

Yes...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by odinson1(m): 7:49pm On May 17, 2022
Vulcanheph:

Yes...
So Lucifer is now a woman
I truly hate these americans, always trying to feminize everything because of "diversity"
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 7:53pm On May 17, 2022
odinson1:

Yep she is.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 7:55pm On May 17, 2022
odinson1:

I truly hate these americans, always trying to feminize everything because of "diversity"

Oga calm down. Have you read the Lucifer comics?

Lucifer is Androgynous or hermaphroditic. He can appear male or female. Probably Pansexual.

Also the author of the books is part of the producers and a key member of the adaptation.

I don't even think a show that have characters like "the Endless who appears the way you imagined them to be" will be a problem with some changes.
The Endless can appear male or female or even a kid sef. Na your imagination be Koko.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Vulcanheph(m): 8:11pm On May 17, 2022
odinson1:

I agree with you.... The thing follow tire me .

No one wants to say anything about the casting for fear of being seen as a misogynist.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by odinson1(m): 8:24pm On May 17, 2022
abduleez1:

Oga calm down. Have you read the Lucifer comics?

Lucifer is Androgynous or hermaphroditic. He can appear male or female. Probably Pansexual.

Also the author of the books is part of the producers and a key member of the adaptation.

I don't even think a show that have characters like "the Endless who appears the way you imagined them to be" will be a problem with some changes.
The Endless can appear male or female or even a kid sef. Na your imagination be Koko.

If you truly believed what you wrote,you wouldn't have referred to Lucifer as "He"
See? You know within you that he is a Masculine figure(looks like a man, referred to with male gender pronouns and titles). Even the comics and books referred to Him as Michael's BROTHER numerous times. but you will rather swallow the bullshit the west is feeding to you

In other news,John Constantine is now a Black man

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:49pm On May 17, 2022
odinson1:

If you truly believed what you wrote,you wouldn't have referred to Lucifer as "He"
See? You know within you that he is a Masculine figure(looks like a man, referred to with male gender pronouns and titles). Even the comics and books referred to Him as Michael's BROTHER numerous times. but you will rather swallow the bullshit the west is feeding to you

In other news,John Constantine is now a Black man

Oga you dey cap shït. Even the author himself Neil Gaiman said Lucifer is genderless and androgynous and can appear as he wants.

Lucifer's first appearance in the comics he doesn't really look masculine, he's more a mash up of both.
His appearance was also inspired by David Bowie and dude was a controversial figure regarding gender.
Anyways, I don't think you and me know more than the author of the books himself and the creator of Lucifer the character. He may use male pronouns but I know not to classify him. Comics wey Death and dream fit appear as anything you imagine them to be. Morpheus fit appear as a diLd0 sef if you think am like dat. Na en I go come dey drag Lucifer, a nigh omnipotent being that does what he wants or changes his looks as he deems fit.

The crux is, can the actor chosen portray the character faithfully and at least shares some similarities. If you look closely Gwen looks like early Lucifer.

As for Constantine, I don't like the casting of a black person. Highest they should use a mixed race person. Still don't like the idea. But for a character like Lucifer and to a lesser extent Death I really don't mind the slight changes so far they tally or was foreshadowed in the comics.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 5:33pm On May 18, 2022
tongue tongue tongue

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 6:09pm On May 18, 2022
Lol.... grin grin

I love it when Geralt cries. cheesy

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:19pm On May 18, 2022
This is what happens when you stick to deadlines that must be met for project release. Hasty VFX.

While people where shouting Flash and Aquaman 2 delays was nothing CGI related. Now ppl are seeing the results and the truth. M-she-U getting their own Josstice League moment.

VFX artists are overworked and have large cache of projects spilling from 2020/21 into this year.
This is a project with $25mn per episode.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:21pm On May 18, 2022
Confirmed!!

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:01pm On May 18, 2022
Black Canary and Bat Girl could go theatrical.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:50am On May 19, 2022
abduleez1:
Lol.... grin grin

I love it when Geralt cries. cheesy
It doesn't even make sense to complain now cause they have to finish what is already planned before moving forward. Peacemaker already has an audience and you can't start with Snyder until soonest 2025 cause the man is busy.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:55am On May 19, 2022
abduleez1:
This is what happens when you stick to deadlines that must be met for project release. Hasty VFX.

While people where shouting Flash and Aquaman 2 delays was nothing CGI related. Now ppl are seeing the results and the truth. M-she-U getting their own Josstice League moment.

VFX artists are overworked and have large cache of projects spilling from 2020/21 into this year.
The CGI doesn't look bad as people make it out to be. Talk about bad CGI, watch the Flash CW. Besides it's not a 200 million dollars project or a block buster. Come to think of it, I don't see how they need to Computer generate the character that much like with hulk.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 8:39am On May 19, 2022
abduleez1:

This show is still like 3 months away...VFX will be better when it drops...The trailer VFX isn't even bad, it could be better, but it isn't bad...

The budget is reported to be between 10-15 million per episode, not 25...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 8:41am On May 19, 2022
This new CEO be cancelling and penny pinching, make una warn am, if he fu#ks with the Green Lantern series on HBOmax, even Snyder cultists will be the least of his worries grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:33am On May 19, 2022
Minemrys:

The CGI doesn't look bad as people make it out to be. Talk about bad CGI, watch the Flash CW. Besides it's not a 200 million dollars project or a block buster. Come to think of it, I don't see how they need to Computer generate the character that much like with hulk.

Lol, guy you're funny. That CGI isn't bad? The main issue with the CGI is yes cos it ain't a CW typa show.
She Hulk has a $25mn budget per episode. When you calculate that for its whole 9 episodes then that VFX becomes laughable for a $225mn show.

The CW sef can't use more than $50mn per season talkless of that amount on an episode.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:36am On May 19, 2022
AnfieldFan:
This new CEO be cancelling and penny pinching, make una warn am, if he fu#ks with the Green Lantern series on HBOmax, even Snyder cultists will be the least of his worries grin grin grin

I don dey fear the weyrey man sef. He's a fvvking penny pincher stingy mofo. Weyrey dey vex for $75mn wey HBOMax spend for Batgirl. Baba say now everything must go theatres.

I just pray he doesn't day they convert the script to movie format, even tho there's a separate movie in development. Let's wait and see sha, at least the budgetary complain is cos it's a streaming movie.
TV series are different.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:41am On May 19, 2022
AnfieldFan:

This show is still like 3 months away...VFX will be better when it drops...The trailer VFX isn't even bad, it could be better, but it isn't bad...

The budget is reported to be between 10-15 million per episode, not 25...

The VFX is distracting no matter how you want to trivialise it. Didn't you realize Hulk even looks better than She-Hulk in the trailer?

Of course, we know the VFX is going to be worked on before it drops. Doesn't stop us from trolling or complaining cos MCUtards does that a lot.

Whether it's $10mn or $15mn per episode that's a cool amount for a TV show. In fact, it's more than sufficient. That's over $100mn in total. Let's not forget this is the same budget as Game of Thrones final season. So there's no excuse here for that fvvkery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:42am On May 19, 2022
Minemrys:

It doesn't even make sense to complain now cause they have to finish what is already planned before moving forward. Peacemaker already has an audience and you can't start with Snyder until soonest 2025 cause the man is busy.

Cultists don't understand this logic. In fact they've started to bash Zaslav. grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:50am On May 19, 2022
abduleez1:

Lol, guy you're funny. That CGI isn't bad? The main issue with the CGI is yes cos it ain't a CW typa show.
She Hulk has a $25mn budget per episode. When you calculate that for its whole 9 episodes then that VFX becomes laughable for a $225mn show.

The CW sef can't use more than $50mn per season talkless of that amount on an episode.
I see nothing bad with that CGI and that's not the final piece to begin with. My God, did you see the Hulk CGI in avengers and even the current films? You are just saying this because others are nitpicking on it. I see nothing bad here like it's being portrayed. Yes, it can be improved but not the worse thing since GL.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:51am On May 19, 2022
abduleez1:

Cultists don't understand this logic. In fact they've started to bash Zaslav. grin grin

Most of those guys aren't Snyder fans or probably being sarcastic. It's just a month since the take over, make them chill jare.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:00am On May 19, 2022
Minemrys:

I see nothing bad with that CGI and that's not the final piece to begin with. My God, did you see the Hulk CGI in avengers and even the current films? You are just saying this because others are nitpicking on it. I see nothing bad here like it's being portrayed. Yes, it can be improved but not the worse thing since GL.

I like the the story I saw in the trailer that one no mean say I no go complain about the effects. Josstice League had only one or two
The CGI isn't really bad cos Hulk's own was ok, it's just iffy. The main issue is the budget. Ppl make a mountain of a mole hill when it's CW related but tend to forget the target audience or the budget. That's why this is getting so much noise.

I don't even see anything really wrong with GL CGI. It was decent or even ahead of its time at that time it came out. The problem with that movie was the plot not the effects.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:06am On May 19, 2022
Minemrys:

Most of those guys aren't Snyder fans or probably being sarcastic. It's just a month since the take over, make them chill jare.

Lol, which Kain yeye sarcastic.

Seems you're not on DC Twitter. Itsan17 or GeraltofSnyderverse whatever funny name he calls is himself is a well known Snyder cultist. The other one MyTime To Shine and one other dude I've forgotten his name are all well known Snyder ultra fans and will shït on anything not Snyder related.

This same people love to appropriate other people's success to Snyder's involvement. With that annoying take that Wonder Woman was good or visually pleasing cos of Snyder. The fvvk? Because Baba na producer. Some are even blatant to say he's a co-director.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Purpl3: 12:24pm On May 19, 2022
abduleez1:

I don dey fear the weyrey man sef. He's a fvvking penny pincher stingy mofo. Weyrey dey vex for $75mn wey HBOMax spend for Batgirl. Baba say now everything must go theatres.

I just pray he doesn't day they convert the script to movie format, even tho there's a separate movie in development. Let's wait and see sha, at least the budgetary complain is cos it's a streaming movie.
TV series are different.

I don't think it's stinginess, I think he doesn't want toomany irrelevant projects.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1472) (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.