Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1237530 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by GloriousGbola: 12:44pm On May 19, 2022
abduleez1:

The VFX is distracting no matter how you want to trivialise it. Didn't you realize Hulk even looks better than She-Hulk in the trailer?

Of course, we know the VFX is going to be worked on before it drops. Doesn't stop us from trolling or complaining cos MCUtards does that a lot.

Whether it's $10mn or $15mn per episode that's a cool amount for a TV show. In fact, it's more than sufficient. That's over $100mn in total. Let's not forget this is the same budget as Game of Thrones final season. So there's no excuse here for that fvvkery.

better to complain though

sometimes the whiny fans are right

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 12:44pm On May 19, 2022
Purpl3:

I don't think it's stinginess, I think he doesn't want toomany irrelevant projects.

While I believe the cancelled Wonder Twins was an irrelevant project, I don't think Batgirl is.
He already has a reputation as a stingy man in Discovery even before the completed merger. Many analysts already predicted he'll do stuffs like this, so I wasn't even surprised.
Person wey don announce say he wants to save $3bn as soon as he was CEO.

My own is that he shouldn't tamper with some promising project. Cos it seems he's only looking at profitability. With this mentality I don't think we could have gotten Peacemaker. Although it's early days and speculations for now.
I just hope he doesn't merge GL series into the movie. That show has a budget of $150mn with 8-10 episodes.

Although one good thing is many HBOMax movies planned will go most likely now go back to theatres.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 12:46pm On May 19, 2022
GloriousGbola:

better to complain though

sometimes the whiny fans are right

True. I remember the brouhaha this movie caused back then and the extra money and time spent.
The audience rewarded the producers for the changes.

Paramount pictures has been enjoying a good year so far.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 12:47pm On May 19, 2022
abduleez1:
This is what happens when you stick to deadlines that must be met for project release. Hasty VFX.

While people where shouting Flash and Aquaman 2 delays was nothing CGI related. Now ppl are seeing the results and the truth. M-she-U getting their own Josstice League moment.

VFX artists are overworked and have large cache of projects spilling from 2020/21 into this year.
This is a project with $25mn per episode.

Bro, if you're talking about MCU series released so far and the yet to release ones with trailers out already,
then their vfx are far better than their counterpart
from WB released by far... No sentiment there.
DC series are very poor with vfx, even the HBOMAX PEACEMAKER compare to MCU Disnay+ series

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 12:54pm On May 19, 2022
SMUAG:

Bro, if you're talking about MCU series released so far and the yet to release ones with trailers out already,
then their vfx are far better than their counterpart
from WB released by far... No sentiment there.
DC series are very poor with vfx, even the HBOMAX PEACEMAKER compare to MCU Disnay+ series

I know say na only CGI you dey watch so I have no arguments with you.

It's funny how you are comparing MCU shows with nothing less than $120mn per season to $50-60mn shows. You're the first person I'll be seeing complaining about Peacemaker's CGI. The show is hardly about VFX.

Anyways, one man meat....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Purpl3: 12:55pm On May 19, 2022
abduleez1:

While I believe the cancelled Wonder Twins was an irrelevant project, I don't think Batgirl is.
He already has a reputation as a stingy man in Discovery even before the completed merger. Many analysts already predicted he'll do stuffs like this, so I wasn't even surprised.
Person wey don announce say he wants to save $3bn as soon as he was CEO.

My own is that he shouldn't tamper with some promising project. Cos it seems he's only looking at profitability. With this mentality I don't think we could have gotten Peacemaker. Although it's early days and speculations for now.
I just hope he doesn't merge GL series into the movie. That show has a budget of $150mn with 8-10 episodes.

Although one good thing is many HBOMax movies planned will go most likely now go back to theatres.

A Batgirl movie even though a good prospect is quite irrelevant right now if we're being brutally honest.
He isn't shelving it sha but atleast now we know we'll see more big DC hitters getting the recognition they deserve.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 12:58pm On May 19, 2022
Purpl3:

A Batgirl movie even though a good prospect is quite irrelevant right now if we're being brutally honest.
He isn't shelving it sha but atleast now we know we'll see more big DC hitters getting the recognition they deserve.

It's all wait and see which project survives or new ones that gets greenlit.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 1:51pm On May 19, 2022
abduleez1:

I know say na only CGI you dey watch so I have no arguments with you.

It's funny how you are comparing MCU shows with nothing less than $120mn per season to $50-60mn shows. You're the first person I'll be seeing complaining about Peacemaker's CGI. The show is hardly about VFX.

Anyways, one man meat....

Lol.... Then why are you shitting on She-Hulk vfx if you don't care about the cgi too....
As far as it's cbm or series, VFX takes about 50% of it to make the movie or series enjoyable.....
Oga, no show ( cbm/s precisely) is about VFX but the VFX in it mostly makes the show or series more enjoyable, and VFX covers like 50% of it...

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 2:12pm On May 19, 2022
SMUAG:

Lol.... Then why are you shitting on She-Hulk vfx if you don't care about the cgi too....
As far as it's cbm or series, VFX takes about 50% of it to make the movie or series enjoyable.....
Oga, no show ( cbm/s precisely) is about VFX but the VFX in it mostly makes the show or series more enjoyable, and VFX covers like 50% of it...

You basically said you were in for the CGI for all your CBM content in a previous discourse. You can't blame me If I repeat your own words.

Lol, Peacemaker is 50% CGI. You kidding me. grin grin
You sure say na the same show we watch.

She-Hulk, Hulk etc CGI is significant. Basically all episodes with the Hulk character will need CGI of some sort. You can't compare that one with a show like Watchmen or Peacemaker with little VFX.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Purpl3: 2:15pm On May 19, 2022
abduleez1:

It's all wait and see which project survives or new ones that gets greenlit.

Bro, my YouTube music that used to renew by itself has refused to renew telling me "the account is closed" Asin my bank account...I've tried to use another bank card and I've even contacted them on twitter but nothing is working...I have 2 days left. Do you have any ideas?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 3:27pm On May 19, 2022
abduleez1:

[b]You basically said you were in for the CGI for all your CBM conten[/b]t in a previous discourse. You can't blame me If I repeat your own words.

Lol, Peacemaker is 50% CGI. You kidding me. grin grin
You sure say na the same show we watch.

She-Hulk, Hulk etc CGI is significant. Basically all episodes with the Hulk character will need CGI of some sort. You can't compare that one with a show like Watchmen or Peacemaker with little VFX.

And kindly show me where I said so...
If you know the amount of vfx put on the Peacemaker last three episodes you will be shocked.... I still repeat, cbm or series are vfx driven unless you are not talking about Superhero movies or series... The story/plot is basic, while the vfx makes it more cbm/s related.
Imagine a series like The Boys with 20 or 30% VFX lol... The Boys series is superior to almost all cbs released these days not because of its story, but because of the magnificent VFX work done by the production team...
Look at Superman and Lois, the story is fabulously compelling, but the vfx is getting worse by the day and people have started losing interest... In fact, people are even praying for it to be canceled, because very soon we will be getting a typical CW's VFX (if at all it's not there already).

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 4:10pm On May 19, 2022
Purpl3:

Bro, my YouTube music that used to renew by itself has refused to renew telling me "the account is closed" Asin my bank account...I've tried to use another bank card and I've even contacted them on twitter but nothing is working...I have 2 days left. Do you have any ideas?

I really don't know bro. I was tempted to use YouTube music then but I later dumped it for Spotify. Those oyinbo platforms at times dey fvvk up for Naija. Too many issues.
Do you use it majorly for your music videos too? If not you swap to YouTube for your videos and I'll advise you to use Spotify premium. Or if you like use the cracked one I got two days ago.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 4:12pm On May 19, 2022
SMUAG:

If you know the amount of vfx put on the Peacemaker last three episodes you will be shocked.... I still repeat, cbm or series are vfx driven unless you are not talking about Superhero movies or series... The story/plot is basic, while the vfx makes it more cbm/s related.
Imagine a series like The Boys with 20 or 30% VFX lol... The Boys series is superior to almost all cbs released these days not because of its story, but because of the magnificent VFX work done by the production team...
Look at Superman and Lois, the story is fabulously compelling, but the vfx is getting worse by the day and people have started losing interest... In fact, people are even praying for it to be canceled, because very soon we will be getting a typical CW's VFX (if at all it's not there already).

Alright your VFX highness.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Purpl3: 4:27pm On May 19, 2022
abduleez1:

I really don't know bro. I was tempted to use YouTube music then but I later dumped it for Spotify. Those oyinbo platforms at times dey fvvk up for Naija. Too many issues.
Do you use it majorly for your music videos too? If not you swap to YouTube for your videos and I'll advise you to use Spotify premium. Or if you like use the cracked one I got two days ago.

I use it for only music, the videos are on the main YouTube app and I don't subscribe for that one.
The cracked Spotify does it have Nigerian gospel songs?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 4:38pm On May 19, 2022
abduleez1:

The VFX is distracting no matter how you want to trivialise it. Didn't you realize Hulk even looks better than She-Hulk in the trailer?

Of course, we know the VFX is going to be worked on before it drops. Doesn't stop us from trolling or complaining cos MCUtards does that a lot.

Whether it's $10mn or $15mn per episode that's a cool amount for a TV show. In fact, it's more than sufficient. That's over $100mn in total. Let's not forget this is the same budget as Game of Thrones final season. So there's no excuse here for that fvvkery.

The VFX can't be distracting, the show isn't out yet..The trailer isn't what the final product will look like ..

I think what's making it look iffy is her eyes don't match her facial expression, if they fix this, they're good to go...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 4:47pm On May 19, 2022
Purpl3:

I use it for only music, the videos are on the main YouTube app and I don't subscribe for that one.
The cracked Spotify does it have Nigerian gospel songs?

Yep. It has gospel songs too.
It's exactly the same thing as the original application, except that I don't need to pay for premium no more. I still don't know how they did it. Works and feels exactly as the original. Even the app logo is the same.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 5:04pm On May 19, 2022
SMUAG:

Perhaps I need glasses abi did I just read you saying The Boys is a superior show, not because of the story or characters, but the VFX?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by GloriousGbola: 5:08pm On May 19, 2022
Kaycee7:
Perhaps I need glasses abi did I just read you saying The Boys is a superior show, not because of the story or characters, but the VFX?

What a Diabolical cunt angry angry angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYZadKH4jdQ

Above is the real reason the boys is a great show.

Foul British English!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 5:13pm On May 19, 2022
GloriousGbola:

What a Diabolical cunt angry angry angry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYZadKH4jdQ

Above is the real reason the boys is a great show.

Foul British English!
A total of 51 counts at end of the cunt... or is it the other way around grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 6:23pm On May 19, 2022
Kaycee7:

Yes, read it again... A perfect story or superior plot, do you think riff-rats humans like Butcher and his team will survive a day from a psychopath like Homelander that can hear anything even 100miles from him or can see as far as there is no zinc blocking his view,,,
Mind you, Homelander is not Supes that lives by a code of not hurting humans even if they are evil.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:27pm On May 19, 2022
abduleez1:

Lol, which Kain yeye sarcastic.

Seems you're not on DC Twitter. Itsan17 or GeraltofSnyderverse whatever funny name he calls is himself is a well known Snyder cultist. The other one MyTime To Shine and one other dude I've forgotten his name are all well known Snyder ultra fans and will shït on anything not Snyder related.

This same people love to appropriate other people's success to Snyder's involvement. With that annoying take that Wonder Woman was good or visually pleasing cos of Snyder. The fvvk? Because Baba na producer. Some are even blatant to say he's a co-director.
There's no denying that Snyder had an input on wonder woman sha. But those guys according to what you are saying, are toxic fans. There are actually responsible fans though. I don't do Twitter sha so I don't know these things.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:30pm On May 19, 2022
abduleez1:

I like the the story I saw in the trailer that one no mean say I no go complain about the effects. Josstice League had only one or two
The CGI isn't really bad cos Hulk's own was ok, it's just iffy. The main issue is the budget. Ppl make a mountain of a mole hill when it's CW related but tend to forget the target audience or the budget. That's why this is getting so much noise.

I don't even see anything really wrong with GL CGI. It was decent or even ahead of its time at that time it came out. The problem with that movie was the plot not the effects.
Cause you didn't see the complaints on the CGI then. You are complaining of this CGI cause subconsciously you have heard people complaining about it. The CGI is okay.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 6:45pm On May 19, 2022
SMUAG:

Yes, read it again... A perfect story or superior plot, do you think riff-rats humans like Butcher and his team will survive a day from a psychopath like Homelander that can hear anything even 100miles from him or can see as far as there is no zinc blocking his view,,,
Mind you, Homelander is not Supes that lives by a code of not hurting humans even if they are evil.
Ok. What else?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 6:49pm On May 19, 2022
Minemrys:

Cause you didn't see the complaints on the CGI then. You are complaining of this CGI cause subconsciously you have heard people complaining about it. The CGI is okay.
What if he was one of the first people to complain about the CGI? Why is it that when something becomes popular opinion, people try to invalidate it just based on that? Sure, there's probably a lot of folks who can't even tell when something's CG parroting this point. But that doesn't mean everyone criticizing the CGI is just following public opinion.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Purpl3: 6:53pm On May 19, 2022
abduleez1:

Yep. It has gospel songs too.
It's exactly the same thing as the original application, except that I don't need to pay for premium no more. I still don't know how they did it. Works and feels exactly as the original. Even the app logo is the same.

Okay...looks like I'll look for YouTube music Modded too then.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 7:10pm On May 19, 2022
Purpl3:

Okay...looks like I'll look for YouTube music Modded too then.

Download that Happymod app and search for YouTube there.
Although I don't use the modded YouTube. I use the original. After you test am come gimme feedback.
YouTube forcefully closed a powerful alternative YouTube Vanced few months ago. The alternatives remaining are not as powerful or flexible as Vanced.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 7:25pm On May 19, 2022
Minemrys:

Lol bro. The first time I saw the trailer anytime I saw She-Hulk I always felt a weird feeling looking at it. I initially thought my eyes was messing with me cos I slept late. It looked off. I was comparing it mentally with Gamora and wondered why this one stood out.

Cos naturally I don't pay much attention to MCU CGI cos they generally have good VFX. But after repeatedly watching the trailer for 5 times I understood the problem. The VFX of She-Hulk in particular cos Bruce Banner's Hulk CGI was ok and looked consistent with the previous movies.

So, no I'm not parroting anyone's views.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 7:30pm On May 19, 2022
Kaycee7:

Lol, as soon as I saw that statement I left the chat. I no get strength to continue again. grin grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Purpl3: 10:31am On May 20, 2022
abduleez1:

Download that Happymod app and search for YouTube there.
Although I don't use the modded YouTube. I use the original. After you test am come gimme feedback.
YouTube forcefully closed a powerful alternative YouTube Vanced few months ago. The alternatives remaining are not as powerful or flexible as Vanced.

I can't find any modded YouTube music bro sad

Don't worry bro, Happymod doesn't have anything on Modyolo, I found it in Modyolo and it was easy to install... thanks.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:22am On May 20, 2022
Purpl3:

I can't find any modded YouTube music bro sad

Don't worry bro, Happymod doesn't have anything on Modyolo, I found it in Modyolo and it was easy to install... thanks.

Alright no P. Enjoy. It's on the app tho.

How's the modded app working? As expected?

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Purpl3: 12:01pm On May 20, 2022
abduleez1:

Alright no P. Enjoy. It's on the app tho.

How's the modded app working? As expected?

All the versions on that Happymod are paid YouTube versions...the Mod in the name there na just for fancy...

Modyolo's version things the truth...it's working perfectly.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 12:07pm On May 20, 2022
Purpl3:

All the versions on that Happymod are paid YouTube versions...the Mod in the name there na just for fancy...

Modyolo's version things the truth...it's working perfectly.

I see. No p.

Did you uninstall the original apps before you install the modded versions?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.