Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,400 members, 7,819,425 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1497) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1237554 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1494) (1495) (1496) (1497) (1498) (1499) (1500) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by IbrahimMav: 6:08pm On Aug 04, 2022
SMUAG:

lmao...
I thought the toxic ones were only with Snyder, just like most people wanted us to believe. How come these threats from the nice ones...

It's Twitter.
Generally, it's a toxic place.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 6:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
Skseries:
lol same DC fans that was crying wolf when they said Batgirl and supergirl were going to replace batman and superman in DCEU and now complaining again say they scrap the movies.

Lol DC fans oooo

@the emboldened

I didn't believe that stuff 100% because that rumor was started by Grace Randolph.

But having Keaton back as the official DCEU Batman is a turn-off to me and many fans too.

Batfleck is on his way out and morons thought the best way to replace him is to bring back Keaton.

Yeah, I get it, he's the most iconic Batman.

But WB were effectively setting up a universe where Batman and Gordon are age mates.

It's a terrible idea and it killed all the remaining hype I had for Batgirl.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2022
IbrahimMav:
Zaslav is not a messiah, the man's a fuccking butcher.
That's The Penguin show screwed. I was really looking forward to this show.
At least, Peacemaker, HotD and Snow are safe.

Most of these didn't concern Zaslav. WB originated a lot of problems for the DCEU. Zaslav bought the company and is finding ways to make money.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:13pm On Aug 04, 2022
IbrahimMav:

A good business is when there is a balance between output and consumer satisfaction.
When output doesn't align with satisfaction, then something isn't right.

And who said the consumer got satisfaction from how the old WB ran things?
You think these guys did not carry out surveys or research?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by IbrahimMav: 6:16pm On Aug 04, 2022
Minemrys:

And who said the consumer got satisfaction from how the old WB ran things?
You think these guys did not carry out surveys or research?

My point is WB haven't been on the same wavelength with DC fans for a long time, and Zaslav is making a dicey situation worse.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 6:41pm On Aug 04, 2022
IbrahimMav:

It's Twitter.
Generally, it's a toxic place.

okaaay, it's now general...
This Zaslav pattern just dey sweet me dey go die!!!
If him like make him cancel everything e no go shake me one bit. The guy deserve accolade for him bold step to cancel most of the rubbish those former guys dem dey greenlit like NEPA light...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 6:49pm On Aug 04, 2022
Damn cry

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 6:51pm On Aug 04, 2022
Minemrys:

Most of these didn't concern Zaslav. WB originated a lot of problems for the DCEU. Zaslav bought the company and is finding ways to make money.

So basically he's Mr Krabbs

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2022
Minemrys:

Like I said, you are just thinking from a fan perspective. They're thinking from a business aspect. E concern them sha.
Business-wise, they’d take a tax return of ~$40m on Batgirl. I’m pretty certain it will make more than that if it was released in cinema even without marketing the movie. Anyways, I careless about the movie, so I’m not really bothered about all these cancellations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 7:18pm On Aug 04, 2022
IbrahimMav:

WB are just using the bad screen text as an excuse.
According to THR, both Batgirl and Shazam 2 tested in the 60s ( i.e 60% of the audience loved it). For context, MCU films have consistently tested in the 80s.

But WB isn't going after Shazam 2.
So I have to wonder why they would axe one surplus to requirement movie and spare another when both didn't "test very well."

Come on man, I literally explained everything from an unbiased perspective....

I said the test screenings didn't help,also, the test screenings weren't positive..A low 60's text screening is decent for horror movies, not CBM's.. But that's not my point, I believe my point is well explained in my initial post...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2022
Skseries:
I do not agree with u, if the new plan is to shun out quality movies and Batgirl no meet the standard I think it's best they throw it out, it won't bring In new subscribers on HBO Max and if it's so bad that fans will complain. I think I stick with the decision. I had an issue with her suit from the beginning was just hoping it's better in the actual movie. I think zaslav has the balls to take the difficult decision and personally I am cool with that

Well, each person to its own.
What I've heard from insiders who had first hand experience of the test screenings said it tested OK. It was decent.
Zaslav and co is just spinning shït and claim low quality just to shelve anything related to HBOMax.
It's well publicised how he hates streaming content with big budgets. So I ain't naive enough to buy this crap.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:34pm On Aug 04, 2022
IbrahimMav:

My point is WB haven't been on the same wavelength with DC fans for a long time, and Zaslav is making a dicey situation worse.
I don't think he is making it worse. It was already a mess before he came. I mean Batgirl, Supergirl running an unestablished DCEU with no Superman and Batman that is retired. Like it was already fvcked before he took over.
He is setting a standard according to him and some films don't fit in to what he believes.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:35pm On Aug 04, 2022
Nickshrapnel:
Business-wise, they’d take a tax return of ~$40m on Batgirl. I’m pretty certain it will make more than that if it was released in cinema even without marketing the movie. Anyways, I careless about the movie, so I’m not really bothered about all these cancellations.
That's the part you know sha.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 7:50pm On Aug 04, 2022
johnyace:
how much do you estimate the movie would make overall in the box office?
do you think it would make up to $250m

With the way it's going it's more than possible.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 7:57pm On Aug 04, 2022
Skseries:
I do not agree with u, if the new plan is to shun out quality movies and Batgirl no meet the standard I think it's best they throw it out, it won't bring In new subscribers on HBO Max and if it's so bad that fans will complain. I think I stick with the decision. I had an issue with her suit from the beginning was just hoping it's better in the actual movie. I think zaslav has the balls to take the difficult decision and personally I am cool with that

For once I actually agree with you.
People looking on from the outside might see this move as a lack of direction and a product of cluelessness and confusion but a deeper look into the matter will show you that it might actually be a great way to bring the DCEU back in the long run.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 8:00pm On Aug 04, 2022
BlackManta:
Damn cry

The person writing this is still living in 2017
Trash

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2022
johnyace:
is discovery getting rid of HBOmax?

This is how u know a dumb executive. undecided
Imagine planning to fold HBOMax into DiscoveringShit.
Who's the bigger brand and well known platform?

Discovery has about 25mn subscribers while HBOMax has almost 80mn worldwide. Yet Zaslav thinks making HBOMax a subcategory in Discovery is a great plan.
Even the plan to make HBO continue as a premium subscription network is flawed with the fact that HBO premium customers are now reduced to just 5mn in the US. So how will the network grow.

Many industry insiders have actually warned of his retrogressive and conservative ideals. So it's not a surprise for some but cancelling a whole ass finished production movie. The fvvk.
It's just clear the man is moving with his bias and how he feels not anything related business wise.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by johnyace(m): 8:39pm On Aug 04, 2022
pu7pl3:

With the way it's going it's more than possible.
This means that I maybe/am wrong in my assumptions, thanks for the information... will try to educate myself more on such issues
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2022
You can't expect to make profit or money on every single project. Even the juggernaut that Disney is, it stills drops flops from time to time.
Some projects are released not for profit but pedigree and brand value.

This Zaslav's miserly approach to oversave money might actually hurt the company in the long run. It might not show now but in 3-4 years time we'll see the impact if he isn't called to order. Dude isn't even in the Hollywood business in the first place so I'm wondering where this dude gets his information from.

Who would want to work in a company where movies head into production and gets cancelled (Wonder Twins ...which I wasn't too bothered with) and a full movie being locked in the vault away from any release whatsoever (streaming, VOD, Dvd, or theatres), asides from massive TV cancellations.

He's slowly scaring creatives away from WB, a place known as a home for talent for purely investors concerns. WB is known as a risk taker and hitting goldmine from time to time but with an exec like big old Zas, movies like Joker is impossible.

This singular news has the capacity to scare general audiences away from DC movies. The image he's supposedly trying to repair might be damaged in the long run. With this cluelessness who puts confidence in such company.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by johnyace(m): 8:47pm On Aug 04, 2022
abduleez1:

This is how u know a dumb executive. undecided
Imagine planning to fold HBOMax into DiscoveringShit.
Who's the bigger brand and well known platform?

Discovery has about 25mn subscribers while HBOMax has almost 80mn worldwide. Yet Zaslav thinks making HBOMax a subcategory in Discovery is a great plan.
Even the plan to make HBO continue as a premium subscription network is flawed with the fact that HBO premium customers are now reduced to just 5mn in the US. So how will the network grow.

Many industry insiders have actually warned of his retrogressive and conservative ideals. So it's not a surprise for some but cancelling a whole ass finished production movie. The fvvk.
It's just clear the man is moving with his bias and how he feels not anything related business wise.

that would be the dumbest move of the century, HBOmax has already established itself as a top streaming service and is gaining more grounds daily
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 10:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
pu7pl3:

For once I actually agree with you.
People looking on from the outside might see this move as a lack of direction and a product of cluelessness and confusion but a deeper look into the matter will show you that it might actually be a great way to bring the DCEU back in the long run.
but after I saw the statement from the director and considering they made Ms marvel, I think it's hard to believe the movies will be that bad. I like their creativity in Ms marvel, even the VFX were good. U think there is something WB isn't telling us Abt the whole of this.

If Affleck truely have been gotten back, then that is the only explanation, cus I think MK was potrayed as the main batman in the movie, it's possible they don't want that anymore, but Affleck could have easily reshort is role, but then the budget will rise again. I was really looking forward to the movie, anything batman for me is exciting
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 10:12pm On Aug 04, 2022
abduleez1:

Well, each person to its own.
What I've heard from insiders who had first hand experience of the test screenings said it tested OK. It was decent.
Zaslav and co is just spinning shït and claim low quality just to shelve anything related to HBOMax.
It's well publicised how he hates streaming content with big budgets. So I ain't naive enough to buy this crap.
I'm beginning to agree with u, the movie cannot be worse than BOP and SS, or even WW84. With the work on MS marvel the directions are good
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 10:14pm On Aug 04, 2022
BlackManta:

@the emboldened

I didn't believe that stuff 100% because that rumor was started by Grace Randolph.

But having Keaton back as the official DCEU Batman is a turn-off to me and many fans too.

Batfleck is on his way out and morons thought the best way to replace him is to bring back Keaton.

Yeah, I get it, he's the most iconic Batman.

But WB were effectively setting up a universe where Batman and Gordon are age mates.

It's a terrible idea and it killed all the remaining hype I had for Batgirl.
lol the Keaton batman was just pure rubbish, I will rather they feature him in flash in a different timeline and then recast affleck if they couldn't get him back
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:06pm On Aug 04, 2022
johnyace:
that would be the dumbest move of the century, HBOmax has already established itself as a top streaming service and is gaining more grounds daily

The thinking of the man is dumbfounding IF reports are true. The man's latest moves has already shown he has contempt for HBOMax.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:20pm On Aug 04, 2022
Niqqa trying his best to deflect fans from this huge L.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 11:41pm On Aug 04, 2022
SMUAG:

okaaay, it's now general...
This Zaslav pattern just dey sweet me dey go die!!!
If him like make him cancel everything e no go shake me one bit. The guy deserve accolade for him bold step to cancel most of the rubbish those former guys dem dey greenlit like NEPA light...
I just read some stuffs he said during the quarterly earnings today, oboy me I like this zaslav guy o, he knows what he wants and he isn't scared to go for it.

Jeez baba is giving DC the full attention and focus, leme drop link for whoever wants to read
https://www.slashfilm.com/953419/warner-bros-discovery-has-a-10-year-plan-for-dc-ceo-addresses-scrapping-batgirl/?fbclid=IwAR0jEVkSITstyuthNFAg3bpOKTMf0AybYPVcQp-EtL7m88EiP0J9scbFvxI

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:59pm On Aug 04, 2022
Skseries:
I just read some stuffs he said during the quarterly earnings today, oboy me I like this zaslav guy o, he knows what he wants and he isn't scared to go for it.

Jeez baba is giving DC the full attention and focus, leme drop link for whoever wants to read
https://www.slashfilm.com/953419/warner-bros-discovery-has-a-10-year-plan-for-dc-ceo-addresses-scrapping-batgirl/?fbclid=IwAR0jEVkSITstyuthNFAg3bpOKTMf0AybYPVcQp-EtL7m88EiP0J9scbFvxI

The only thing keeping me happy and a bit calm is the return of Alan Horn back at WB. He's very experienced in Hollywood as well as the blockbuster movies. He's an expert hitmaker and planner.

That's just what's holding me back from going full ballistics on that man and hope wiser counsel prevails.
He might have a good plan for the future but the way he's going about it isn't the way and could actually derail his plans for some time.

I hope Alan and Mike gives him wise counsel.
What I'm waiting for is the official announcement of the new DC studio head. And a release slate from next year or preferably this year ending.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by GloriousGbola: 12:12am On Aug 05, 2022
Minemrys:

Like I said, you are just thinking from a fan perspective. They're thinking from a business aspect. E concern them sha.

Bringing in accountant types to creativity driven business rarely turns out well. Bean counters do not count any variables other than immediate profits.
This man would have axed GOT in its infancy.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 12:30am On Aug 05, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Bringing in accountant types to creativity driven business rarely turns out well. Bean counters do not count any variables other than immediate profits.
This man would have axed GOT in its infancy.

I'm telling you. Baba go say it's too niche and expensive.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by GloriousGbola: 12:33am On Aug 05, 2022
abduleez1:

I'm telling you. Baba go say it's too niche and expensive.

As a nerd matter, the same thing happened with Intel. They got one accountant type as ceo and the man effed it all up doing bean counter things. Meanwhile Lisa su has been ceo.at amd and the past two three years, amd has literally and figuratively been kicking Intel in the arse.

Xbox is now fantastic because the head Phil Spencer is a gamer through and through and choices are driven around that.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 12:44am On Aug 05, 2022
GloriousGbola:

As a nerd matter, the same thing happened with Intel. They got one accountant type as ceo and the man effed it all up doing bean counter things. Meanwhile Lisa su has been ceo.at amd and the past two three years, amd has literally and figuratively been kicking Intel in the arse.

Xbox is now fantastic because the head Phil Spencer is a gamer through and through and choices are driven around that.

I noticed the Intel vs AMD scenario. AMD is winning recently.

As for Zas, he needs an executive for DC asap, cos this knee jerk reactions are hurting the brand more.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 12:45am On Aug 05, 2022
Fair enough....

(1) (2) (3) ... (1494) (1495) (1496) (1497) (1498) (1499) (1500) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.