Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1241208 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1495) (1496) (1497) (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 1:01am On Aug 05, 2022
abduleez1:

The only thing keeping me happy and a bit calm is the return of Alan Horn back at WB. He's very experienced in Hollywood as well as the blockbuster movies. He's an expert hitmaker and planner.

That's just what's holding me back from going full ballistics on that man and hope wiser counsel prevails.
He might have a good plan for the future but the way he's going about it isn't the way and could actually derail his plans for some time.

I hope Alan and Mike gives him wise counsel.
What I'm waiting for is the official announcement of the new DC studio head. And a release slate from next year or preferably this year ending.
but all this cancelation is happening after alan was announced like two weeks ago, so definitely all this shud be based on agreement btw them all.

Let's be sincere the previous regim of WB didn't have a clear cut plan and the the nerve to stick to one even if they did. I like this zaslav leadership. Knowing what u want is the first step of fixing the problem with DC, the balls to do it is second step, and a long time plan is the icing in the cake.

Let's be sincere, announcing a MOS2 and a Ben Affleck directed batman blow up the fandom, but instead the hold regim felt super girl And Batgirl were better.

Black Adam movie is Introducing 4new characters, same will flash and most likely Aquaman the universe is not dead, the previoy regim were not just progressing it.

Most likely reason why ppl like Affleck lost interest. If Affleck truely is back, And cavil seem to still be Interested, then the flash movie will just fashion out the new DCEU. So let's build from there.

They announced GLcorp 2yrs ago till now nothing, it really showed they were not serious And who greenlight a wonder twins movie, when they are better character to build with. I will rather blue beetle was featured in a movie before getting his own movie. But then what do I know.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 7:18am On Aug 05, 2022
Skseries:
but after I saw the statement from the director and considering they made Ms marvel, I think it's hard to believe the movies will be that bad. I like their creativity in Ms marvel, even the VFX were good. U think there is something WB isn't telling us Abt the whole of this.

If Affleck truely have been gotten back, then that is the only explanation, cus I think MK was potrayed as the main batman in the movie, it's possible they don't want that anymore, but Affleck could have easily reshort is role, but then the budget will rise again. I was really looking forward to the movie, anything batman for me is exciting

Ms Marvel is from Disney brh
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 7:25am On Aug 05, 2022
abduleez1:
Niqqa trying his best to deflect fans from this huge L.

I don't see no L man
This is a huge Dub
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 7:58am On Aug 05, 2022
abduleez1:
You can't expect to make profit or money on every single project. Even the juggernaut that Disney is, it stills drops flops from time to time.
Some projects are released not for profit but pedigree and brand value.

This Zaslav's miserly approach to oversave money might actually hurt the company in the long run. It might not show now but in 3-4 years time we'll see the impact if he isn't called to order. Dude isn't even in the Hollywood business in the first place so I'm wondering where this dude gets his information from.

Who would want to work in a company where movies head into production and gets cancelled (Wonder Twins ...which I wasn't too bothered with) and a full movie being locked in the vault away from any release whatsoever (streaming, VOD, Dvd, or theatres), asides from massive TV cancellations.

He's slowly scaring creatives away from WB, a place known as a home for talent for purely investors concerns. WB is known as a risk taker and hitting goldmine from time to time but with an exec like big old Zas, movies like Joker is impossible.

This singular news has the capacity to scare general audiences away from DC movies. The image he's supposedly trying to repair might be damaged in the long run. With this cluelessness who puts confidence in such company.

Just on the bolded...lol
I guess you forgot so soon how I, Minermrys, Raalsalghul and Tonyspike were preaching seriously that MoS' numbers was a better start to kickstart the DCEU but you and few were outrightly condemning it by saying it was bad for the brand... Now, just read your bolded comment again...

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:24am On Aug 05, 2022
SMUAG:

Just on the bolded...lol
I guess you forgot so soon how I, Minermrys, Raalsalghul and Tonyspike were preaching seriously that MoS' numbers was a better start to kickstart the DCEU but you and few were outrightly condemning it by saying it was bad for the brand... Now, just read your bolded comment again...

When did I outrightly say MOS was bad for the brand?? You mean BVS, cos that's mainly the earliest movie I consistently speak against asides from Suicide Squad.
I only dropped profitability ratio in comparison with other projects. How is over $650mn a bad start for a fledgling universe? undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:25am On Aug 05, 2022
SMUAG:

lmao...
I thought the toxic ones were only with Snyder, just like most people wanted us to believe. How come these threats from the nice ones...

Hail Snydra!

I was surprised when WB was greenlighting movies that people never asked for or wanted. At least, Zaslav is axing them off the schedule now. WB should stop double-guessing what movie will stick or not. They should come up with a cohesive universe, something close to what Snyder originally planned for DCEU before Geoff Johns messed it up.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:38am On Aug 05, 2022
Skseries:
but all this cancelation is happening after alan was announced like two weeks ago, so definitely all this shud be based on agreement btw them all.

Let's be sincere the previous regim of WB didn't have a clear cut plan and the the nerve to stick to one even if they did. I like this zaslav leadership. Knowing what u want is the first step of fixing the problem with DC, the balls to do it is second step, and a long time plan is the icing in the cake.

Let's be sincere, announcing a MOS2 and a Ben Affleck directed batman blow up the fandom, but instead the hold regim felt super girl And Batgirl were better.

Black Adam movie is Introducing 4new characters, same will flash and most likely Aquaman the universe is not dead, the previoy regim were not just progressing it.

Most likely reason why ppl like Affleck lost interest. If Affleck truely is back, And cavil seem to still be Interested, then the flash movie will just fashion out the new DCEU. So let's build from there.

They announced GLcorp 2yrs ago till now nothing, it really showed they were not serious And who greenlight a wonder twins movie, when they are better character to build with. I will rather blue beetle was featured in a movie before getting his own movie. But then what do I know.

Alan Horn was officially announced a week ago. And his tenure officially started August 1st.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:41am On Aug 05, 2022
Seems DC has its Studio already being set up.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 9:16am On Aug 05, 2022
TonySpike:

Hail Snydra!

I was surprised when WB was greenlighting movies that people never asked for or wanted. At least, Zaslav is axing them off the schedule now. WB should stop double-guessing what movie will stick or not. They should come up with a cohesive universe, something close to what Snyder originally planned for DCEU before Geoff Johns messed it up.

That Geoff John was an agent of doom..... Thank God Zaslav is axing things left and right...lol
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 9:46am On Aug 05, 2022
Clueless studio.

Las Las, some of una go learn even the faithful ones and defenders of the universe. cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 9:50am On Aug 05, 2022
abduleez1:

When did I outrightly say MOS was bad for the brand?? You mean BVS, cos that's mainly the earliest movie I consistently speak against asides from Suicide Squad.
I only dropped profitability ratio in comparison with other projects. How is over $650mn a bad start for a fledgling universe? undecided

These are just tip of the iceberg on your MoS attack..

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:15am On Aug 05, 2022
I have started the Sandman on Netflix...
A masterpiece tbh.
Cant wait to go home and continue.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 1:55pm On Aug 05, 2022
°°

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 2:29pm On Aug 05, 2022
SMUAG:

These are just tip of the iceberg on your MoS attack..

Lol, it seems you don't understand context here.

You were saying Shazam was a flop and I used your cherished MOS as a comparison of first movie impressions.
I only highlighted the much maligned Shazam having a better profitability than MOS.

Do you have more? grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 2:54pm On Aug 05, 2022
pu7pl3:
I have started the Sandman on Netflix...
A masterpiece tbh.
Cant wait to go home and continue.

I start this weekend.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 3:34pm On Aug 05, 2022
abduleez1:

Lol, it seems you don't understand context here.

You were saying Shazam was a flop and I used your cherished MOS as a comparison of first movie impressions.
I only highlighted the much maligned Shazam having a better profitability than MOS.

Do you have more? grin cheesy

We don't need to go back and forth over this matter, but those who know know how almost everything about MoS disgusts you.
I don't think I have seen any positive posts from you about MoS...
Get me clearly please, I'm not saying you must like MoS oh...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 4:12pm On Aug 05, 2022
SMUAG:

We don't need to go back and forth over this matter, but those who know know how almost everything about MoS disgusts you.
I don't think I have seen any positive posts from you about MoS...
Get me clearly please, I'm not saying you must like MoS oh...

Lol, that's how you see it. Most ppl who see my views about the movie across all threads understands.
What Things about MOS do I hate?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 4:17pm On Aug 05, 2022
Hamada is seemingly out....

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 7:39pm On Aug 05, 2022
abduleez1:

I start this weekend.

Don't sleep on it man
It's really dope
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:22pm On Aug 05, 2022
pu7pl3:

Don't sleep on it man
It's really dope

Lol, for where.
Wetin I don turn chief hypeman on top. grin grin
I go forgo anything just to watch am. I don over anticipate taya. This is my favourite universe in DC bruh — Sandman universe.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 8:24pm On Aug 05, 2022
abduleez1:

Lol, for where.
Wetin I don turn chief hypeman on top. grin grin
I go forgo anything just to watch am. I don over anticipate taya. This is my favourite universe in DC bruh — Sandman universe.

I dey anticipate season 2 laidis,. E too sweet me.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2022
pu7pl3:

I dey anticipate season 2 laidis,. E too sweet me.

Noice. cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:16pm On Aug 05, 2022
This is one decision where I applaud Zaslav.
Kilar singlehandedly killed The Batman BO with that shitty announcement. It would have made more than that $770mn.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:26pm On Aug 05, 2022
@ Johnyace

Seems Grace Randolph was yarning shite earlier on.
HBOMax and Discovery+ will combine to form a mega streamer.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 10:41pm On Aug 05, 2022
Harley Quinn done drop o
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by johnyace(m): 11:49pm On Aug 05, 2022
abduleez1:
@ Johnyace

Seems Grace Randolph was yarning shite earlier on.
HBOMax and Discovery+ will combine to form a mega streamer.
Better , no one is stupid enough to scrap HBOmax.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:21am On Aug 06, 2022
I don't get why most of us are angry with WBD, hope you guys know that WB made a lot of hasty decisions earlier knowing Discovery was going to buy them?
They rushed some films, like quicker than anything, they were the ones who came up with HBO Max, which wasn't what Discovery wanted.
It was like a politician doing all he can to make the work of his successor more difficult to make them the bad guy.
WB that found it difficult releasing DC films started to greenlit films anyhow.

4 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 7:48am On Aug 06, 2022
Minemrys:
I don't get why most of us are angry with WBD, hope you guys know that WB made a lot of hasty decisions earlier knowing Discovery was going to buy them?
They rushed some films, like quicker than anything, they were the ones who came up with HBO Max, which wasn't what Discovery wanted.
It was like a politician doing all he can to make the work of his successor more difficult to make them the bad guy.

And yet, they greenlit films that nobody asked for. No enthusiasm whatever. Zaslav should clean up the Aegean stables and bring in decent and coherent films instead.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 11:00am On Aug 06, 2022
pu7pl3:

Ms Marvel is from Disney brh
was Ms marvel good or not, for me I liked their creativity in Marvel so is hard for me to believe ppl who made that will make a batgirl movie that will be unwatchable
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 6:09pm On Aug 06, 2022
Minemrys:

One of the worst things AT&T did before selling WB to Discovery was the 2021 same day release in theaters and HBO Max.

When other studios were releasing their movies exclusively on theaters, the idiot AT&T were dumping box office gold on streaming.

WB films like Godzilla vs Kong, Dune and Mortal Kombat, WW84 would have brought in a lot more profit if they weren't dumped on HBO Max on the very first day they released.

This is by far worst business decision AT&T ever made when they owned WB.

Nothing will ever top that.

In fact, not only did they loose money at box office, they also had to pay actors and directors a large sum of money as compensation for dumping their movies on HBO Max.

Movies that were initially produced with theaterical release in mind.

Of course not every director could be easily compensated.

Christopher Nolan was pissed off.

So pissed off that he dumped WB, the studio where he built his career for decades, and joined Universal.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 7:00pm On Aug 06, 2022
°°°

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Havertz29s: 9:23pm On Aug 06, 2022
nani667:
°°°
Posting marvel-related stuffs in a DC thread is a clear definition of vawulense grin

Anyways, is that Kang

(1) (2) (3) ... (1495) (1496) (1497) (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.