Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1227508 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Blonchilli(m): 8:25pm On Oct 08, 2018
waywardpikin:

Dunno how I feel about him in this costume. The gold is so shiny lol. I guess it will take some getting used to.
They nailed the look in my opinion

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 11:07am On Oct 09, 2018
Know this is a D.C thread, but why is no one talking about Venom. Forget the reviews, audiences have been praising the movie.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:55pm On Oct 09, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Know this is a D.C thread, but why is no one talking about Venom. Forget the reviews, audiences have been praising the movie.
lol, we talked abt ven0m n0t too l0ng ago. Its a good m0vie. Has a better plot structure than JL, Homecoming and Antman and wasp.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 11:13pm On Oct 09, 2018
James Gunn to write and possibly direct suicide squad 2
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 12:48am On Oct 10, 2018
I don't know how I feel about this sad

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Gmajor(m): 11:22am On Oct 10, 2018
BlackManta:
I don't know how I feel about this sad
This makes no sense.
SS is unarguably the worst DC movie till date. Why would anyone want to make a sequel?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 12:44pm On Oct 10, 2018
Gmajor:

This makes no sense.
SS is unarguably the worst DC movie till date. Why would anyone want to make a sequel?
Because they have James Gunn.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:08pm On Oct 10, 2018
Gmajor:

This makes no sense.
because it could be made better. By what you are implying, then many films d0n't need sequel...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 1:08pm On Oct 10, 2018
Kaycee7:
Hmmm! Interesting reply.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 1:10pm On Oct 10, 2018
Gmajor:

This makes no sense.
Look at it this way:
Merit: Gunn has experience handling a group of characters like in GOTG
Demerit: He might try to force marvel style into the movie like the-other-guy (can"t remember his name now) did with Justice League.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:14pm On Oct 10, 2018
Kaycee7:
No, because WB wants to make money and they feel they can make a sequel better than the 1st. Change the script of the 1st, maintain a coherent directorial visi0n, a Suicide Squad sequel could be an entertaining m0vie film. You wanna lose m0ney on that when the 1st film performed well at the BO n0t minding whoever c0mes with a g0od script and is an acc0mplished director?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:18pm On Oct 10, 2018
If u ask me, WB should stop playing PR and rehire David Ayer instead of having fired him under the guise of him returning to direct s0me 'gotham city sirens' thats just Damage C0ntrol. Ayer should be given s0me time, work a script and be given creative c0ntr0l. His film shouldn't be botched like they did with SS. Aside that, the characters apart fr0m The joker were good.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2018
Gmajor:

This makes no sense.

It may be the worst movie but it earned Warner Bros a lot of money...more than $750M at box office.
WB don't wanna give up on a promising money making franchise just yet.

I got no qualms with WB planning a sequel so long as they do it right and avoid the mistakes they made with the first film.

My only problem is James Gunn.
All the directors out there and they picked a controversial James fúcking Gunn shocked

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kendrick93(m): 9:10pm On Oct 10, 2018
Gmajor:

This makes no sense.
because suicide squad(along with wonder woman) has been their only successful box office films in recent terms
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:01pm On Oct 10, 2018
kendrick93:
because suicide squad(along with wonder woman) has been their only successful box office films in recent terms
Define Box Office success. BvS made more money than Wonder woman and Suicide Squad. Man Of Steel made more money than Iron Man part 1 or the Thor and Incredible Hulk phase one films. I think what you are trying to say is critical acclaim or success, not Box Office Success. If anything, JL was the one to perform poorly at the BO among the DC offerings...and if we are to go by BO definition, JL was a BO success, only it did below expectation. As long as a movie can make twice its budget, it's a success at the Box Office.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Gmajor(m): 12:46am On Oct 11, 2018
Minemrys:

because it could be made better. By what you are implying, then many films d0n't need sequel...
What I'm implying is that a lot of DC characters don't even have a stand alone movie, so why should SS get a sequel?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kendrick93(m): 5:27am On Oct 11, 2018
Minemrys:

Define Box Office success. BvS made more money than Wonder woman and Suicide Squad. Man Of Steel made more money than Iron Man part 1 or the Thor and Incredible Hulk phase one films. I think what you are trying to say is critical acclaim or success, not Box Office Success. If anything, JL was the one to perform poorly at the BO among the DC offerings...and if we are to go by BO definition, JL was a BO success, only it did below expectation. As long as a movie can make twice its budget, it's a success at the Box Office.
bvs wasnt that much of a success...remember that films production cost over 400m and it made just $850m
infact, Hollywood calculated the net profit of the film to be $105.7
million, when factoring together all expenses and revenues for.
justice league wasnt a success imo..
it made a total of $657m against a production budget of $300m..no one would call that a success especially for a film of its calibre.
compared to suicide squad which made over $720m against a budget of $170m, u can see the difference..
Wonder woman is easily DC most successful film in recent times...it recorded a smashing $820m against a production budget of $140m... only dark knight and dark knight rises has been more succesful since in entire DC box office history

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 6:27pm On Oct 14, 2018
Just saw Venom, that movie was super dope. Sincerely I don't just know the reason why people are just badmouthing that movie. It's super good. Tom Hardy really nailed it. The symbiosis or alignment or relationship between Eddie Brook and Venom is just perfect. They are a perfect match, Eddie Brook being the Humorous and naughty one and Venom being the dark and brute one (Gosh Venom is so brute and dark, just take a look at the way he eats, rips and chops off people). Humourous and naughtiness combines with Dark and brute gives a perfect duo.
BUT
The problem i had and still have with the movies that it is Short (less than two hours) and it feels rushed. I heard lots of scenes (a whooping 40 minutes) that would have depicted the Venom more, show us more about him and propelled/ developed the plot more were slashed out. Venom deserves more screen time and scenes for the depiction of the Venom character and the development of the plot. I think this us the problem critics have with the movie.
This was the very same mistake Justice League made (Shortening a movie thus making it rushed) that made it flop now Venom is doing same and it might affect them hard.

I really want this movie to be a successful one because I really want to know and see this Sony Marvel Universe franchise, I want it to be in existence because if that is so, a sequel for Venom will be out, beside there are lots of questions Venom's sequel will proved answers to. Questions like
"Will venom become a full fletch super hero because from the look of things that's where it is driving at. I think Sony wants to make Venom a full Fletch super hero given the fact that venom came to love Earth and Eddie Brook and chooses to stay in Earth and protect it in the movie"
OR
"Will something happen that will make Venom a Villain?[b]
ALSO
[b]"If the Sony Marvel Universe becomes a Successful and Stable Franchise, what will happen to spiderman in MCU?

All this the sequel of venom and the success of Sony Marvel Universe will answer.

Once again, Venom was a great movie only that it was short and rushed.

#Xavier.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 7:56pm On Oct 14, 2018
Xavier5:
Just saw Venom, that movie was super dope. Sincerely I don't just know the reason why people are just badmouthing that movie. It's super good. Tom Hardy really nailed it. The symbiosis or alignment or relationship between Eddie Brook and Venom is just perfect. They are a perfect match, Eddie Brook being the Humorous and naughty one and Venom being the dark and brute one (Gosh Venom is so brute and dark, just take a look at the way he eats, rips and chops off people). Humourous and naughtiness combines with Dark and brute gives a perfect duo.
BUT
The problem i had and still have with the movies that it is Short (less than two hours) and it feels rushed. I heard lots of scenes (a whooping 40 minutes) that would have depicted the Venom more, show us more about him and propelled/ developed the plot more were slashed out. Venom deserves more screen time and scenes for the depiction of the Venom character and the development of the plot. I think this us the problem critics have with the movie.
This was the very same mistake Justice League made (Shortening a movie thus making it rushed) that made it flop now Venom is doing same and it might affect them hard.

I really want this movie to be a successful one because I really want to know and see this Sony Marvel Universe franchise, I want it to be in existence because if that is so, a sequel for Venom will be out, beside there are lots of questions Venom's sequel will proved answers to. Questions like
"Will venom become a full fletch super hero because from the look of things that's where it is driving at. I think Sony wants to make Venom a full Fletch super hero given the fact that venom came to love Earth and Eddie Brook and chooses to stay in Earth and protect it in the movie"
OR
"Will something happen that will make Venom a Villain?[b]
ALSO
[b]"If the Sony Marvel Universe becomes a Successful and Stable Franchise, what will happen to spiderman in MCU?

All this the sequel of venom and the success of Sony Marvel Universe will answer.

Once again, Venom was a great movie only that it was short and rushed.

#Xavier.
It's only critics that are bad mouthing it. Audience reviews have been good.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by teewhydope(m): 8:50pm On Oct 14, 2018
Raalsalghul:
It's only critics that are bad mouthing it. Audience reviews have been good.

nothing can ever satisfy all those old and annoying critics
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 9:04pm On Oct 14, 2018
teewhydope:

nothing can ever satisfy all those old and annoying critics
I've learnt to ignore them and judge a movie for myself. cool
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Gmajor(m): 12:43am On Oct 15, 2018
Is there anyone here watching Titans (TV series) ?
I just saw the season premier and I must say that I'm impressed.
Before I saw the episode, I thought I was going to hate the series. For one, I'm not a fan of shows where a majority of the main cast are teenagers because Hollywoods depiction of teenage angst is always annoying.

The CGI and action sequences were not bad and they didn't skimp on the violence.
I'm looking forward to where this series will go to next.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 10:55am On Oct 15, 2018
Gmajor:
Before I saw the episode, I thought I was going to hate the series. For one, I'm not a fan of shows where a majority of the main cast are teenagers because Hollywoods depiction of teenage angst is always annoying.

The CGI and action sequences were not bad and they didn't skimp on the violence.
Titans seem like a series built on the story of BVS. Dark, edgy, gritty and a little bit of humour. I am surprised that it was produced by Greg Berlanti and Geoff Johns. I have never liked Geoff Johns because of his penchant for trying to turn DCEU into campy movies. I hope he has repented for real after Justice League disaster with Joss Whedon...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 5:59pm On Oct 15, 2018
Gmajor:

The last scene though...

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 9:28am On Oct 16, 2018
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 11:46am On Oct 16, 2018
Xavier5:
I don't think suicide squad needs a sequel. Not because I hate the movie or because it was a horrible movie but because it does not align with the linear plot of the DCEU or Worlds Of DC and it's gonna invalidate it.
Suicide squad were formed as an alternative to superman after he died. Earth government believing that the Earth is prone to attack since superman is no longer there to protect them due to his death decided to enlist the help of metahuman villainous prisoners to form a team called suicide squad to guard Earth from attacks in exchange for favours which they did but things didn't go as planned.
Not long after, Justice League was formed and this team became the new guardians of the earth protecting and saving the world from threats. That is the plot.
So what's the need to form or reform suicide squad to save the world when there is justice league doing the job already.
What's it that suicide squad can do that justice league can't do and even do better. There is definitely no need to recreate a suicide squad or even produce a movie about them again.

The only rational way I see that suicide squad can be reformed or it movie sequel produced is:
1.) If suicide squad are going to team up or join the justice league to face a common threat.
OR
2.) If the timeline of suicide squad 2 will be between the timeline of suicide squad and that of justice league, that is, before the justice league was formed. I think that how it gonna be because if it's timeline is after the events of justice league then that's a massive flop.

#Xavier.
Suicide Squad was formed as an alternative to Superman, alright. But it wasn't because he died. The government realized they caught a lucky break with Superman. Rewatch Amanda Waller's pitch to those govt officials, if you can.
Besides, Justice League is mostly autonomous. Suicide Squad is a covert government project that serves political interests. We definitely need a much better sequel.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 12:09pm On Oct 16, 2018
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 12:23pm On Oct 16, 2018
Xavier5:

They can't be two super hero teams in a franchise/ universe. Where has it been heard of.

Autonomous or political, there is a super hero team called Justice League, there is no need for Suicide Squad.

Amanda only said that to convince the government to permit the formation of that team. The real reason for the formation of suicide squad was for the purpose of protecting earth from threat which Amanda believed is prone to after the death of Superman. They were to do what superman would have done.
But times later, Justice League was formed with Superman back. So there is no need for suicide squad anymore since the guys to do the job are there already in the persons of Justice League.
If they are to produce suicide squad 2 without it hindering, affecting and invalidating the linear plot of the DCEU, the timeline of the movie has to be between the events of Suicide Squad and Justice League.

#Xavier.
You've got to be sh1tting me @ bolded.
Justice League
Justice League Dark
Birds of Prey
Suicide Squad
Teen Titans
Lantern Corps

Your ignorance of the significance and story of the Suicide Squad is beyond my tutor skills. Look up Suicide Squad or better yet, watch the animated movies.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 1:02pm On Oct 16, 2018
TonySpike:

Titans seem like a series built on the story of BVS. Dark, edgy, gritty and a little bit of humour. I am surprised that it was produced by Greg Berlanti and Geoff Johns. I have never liked Geoff Johns because of his penchant for trying to turn DCEU into campy movies. I hope he has repented for real after Justice League disaster with Joss Whedon...

I hope he has repented.
He is writing the script for Green Lantern Corps movie and he has a chance to redeem himself if the script is superb.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 1:39pm On Oct 16, 2018
philfearon:

The last scene though...

I love the last scene.
Not just the good CGI but at least someone has the balls to show an animal transform into a boy.
Some TV shows won't show a full transformation, they would direct the camera elsewhere and when they get it back....fiam... A naked lady stands on the spot where a wolf stood moments ago.
Those that watched The Originals can confirm this simple trick.

Titans gave us the chance to see a complete transformation without moving the camera and I love that cool
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 1:52pm On Oct 16, 2018
Xavier5:

They can't be two super hero teams in a franchise/ universe. Where has it been heard of.

Autonomous or political, there is a super hero team called Justice League, there is no need for Suicide Squad.

Amanda only said that to convince the government to permit the formation of that team. The real reason for the formation of suicide squad was for the purpose of protecting earth from threat which Amanda believed is prone to after the death of Superman. They were to do what superman would have done.
But times later, Justice League was formed with Superman back. So there is no need for suicide squad anymore since the guys to do the job are there already in the persons of Justice League.
If they are to produce suicide squad 2 without it hindering, affecting and invalidating the linear plot of the DCEU, the timeline of the movie has to be between the events of Suicide Squad and Justice League.

#Xavier.

Justice league is autonomous and free from government control.

Suicide Squad on the other hand can be used by government to serve political interests.
They can cross the lines that Justice League can't, which includes killings, assassinations and actions that are done outside the law.
That is why Suicide Squad is very good asset for the government even with the presence of Justice League.

Watch the animated films.
I would suggest Assault on Arkham.

If you watch that animated film you will understand why I say Suicide Squad is a good asset for government cuz they can cross the lines Justice League can't cross.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 6:18pm On Oct 16, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.