Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1227623 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 6:20pm On Oct 16, 2018
This was Zack Sydner vision and idea of Justice league not that of Jess Wheldon.

So dark and Intense.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 6:27pm On Oct 16, 2018
Xavier5:

Noted but they have to be a major super hero team which the franchise majorly revolves around with others backing or following up. DCEU revolves and centers mainly on the justice league and it's characters but there are other teams and characters backing or following up. Now with this, the production of this minor super hero team movies (suicide squad in this case) must or should be produced in such a way that their plot and timeline do not contradict and clash with the movies of the earth major super hero team and it's characters (in this case justice league) and the linear plot of the franchise/ universe. That was why to avoid such contradiction, clash and confusion, I said there wasn't any need for a suicide squad sequel (rather they should focus on justice league and it's characters) and if there will be, it's timeline and plot should be made in such a way that it does not contradict with the timelines and linear plots of the DCEU.

Anyways, thanks for the enlightenment but try to be less insultive next time okay.

#Xavier.
Kindly point out the insult.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 6:30pm On Oct 16, 2018
indeed grin lets blame joss for zack failure

Xavier5:
This was Zack Sydner vision and idea of Justice league not that of Jess Wheldon.

So dark and Intense.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:11pm On Oct 16, 2018
Xavier5:
I don't think suicide squad needs a sequel. Not because I hate the movie or because it was a horrible movie but because it does not align with the linear plot of the DCEU or Worlds Of DC and it's gonna invalidate it.
Suicide squad were formed as an alternative to superman after he died. Earth government believing that the Earth is prone to attack since superman is no longer there to protect them due to his death decided to enlist the help of metahuman villainous prisoners to form a team called suicide squad to guard Earth from attacks in exchange for favours which they did but things didn't go as planned.
Not long after, Justice League was formed and this team became the new guardians of the earth protecting and saving the world from threats. That is the plot.
So what's the need to form or reform suicide squad to save the world when there is justice league doing the job already.
What's it that suicide squad can do that justice league can't do and even do better. There is definitely no need to recreate a suicide squad or even produce a movie about them again.

The only rational way I see that suicide squad can be reformed or it movie sequel produced is:
1.) If suicide squad are going to team up or join the justice league to face a common threat.
OR
2.) If the timeline of suicide squad 2 will be between the timeline of suicide squad and that of justice league, that is, before the justice league was formed. I think that how it gonna be because if it's timeline is after the events of justice league then that's a massive flop.

#Xavier.
Am n0t sure u saw suicide squad, cos if u did, you'd have n0ticed the scene where Waller c0mmanded Enchantress to get a classified file fr0m iran or iraq i think. She put the squad together n0t to protect the earth or anything, but to serve America's interests and at the end, they will disavow them. It was menti0ned m0re times than often. If it was abt pr0tecting earth, why would an assassin be needed? Why a crocodile? A psychotic bitch and a b0omerang guy? These guy were brought together to help fight America's enemy, assassinate targets should the time come. They menti0ned these albeit using metaphors in the film. "what if superman had ripped off the r0of of the white house and made of with the president, who would've stopped him?" That line is n0t as literal as u think. It meant, who would attack America's enemies acting under america's interest should the time call for it. Unfortunately, Waller's plan backfired when Enchantress went out of hand, which ir0nically reflects real life where America creates situati0ns that bec0me a catalyst for problems..i d0n't think u actually underst0od what suicide squad was abt.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:24pm On Oct 16, 2018
Xavier5:

Noted but they have to be a major super hero team which the franchise majorly revolves around with others backing or following up. DCEU revolves and centers mainly on the justice league and it's characters but there are other teams and characters backing or following up. Now with this, the production of this minor super hero team movies (suicide squad in this case) must or should be produced in such a way that their plot and timeline do not contradict and clash with the movies of the earth major super hero team and it's characters (in this case justice league) and the linear plot of the franchise/ universe. That was why to avoid such contradiction, clash and confusion, I said there wasn't any need for a suicide squad sequel (rather they should focus on justice league and it's characters) and if there will be, it's timeline and plot should be made in such a way that it does not contradict with the timelines and linear plots of the DCEU.

Anyways, thanks for the enlightenment but try to be less insultive next time okay.

#Xavier.
Their timelines w0n't clash. Why?
1. Suicide Squad is n0t a superhero team that goes to save cats out of trees. They are govt owned assassins and enforcers made up of criminals, put together by politicians of America and n0t to save the world. They can be disavowed, any0ne is expendable.
2. The World doesn't kn0w they are out there. Meaning, they can go on missi0ns for the g0vt even with the presence of the league with0ut them meeting the league.
3. Saying the suicide squad is useless, is like telling the U. S to scrap the NSA because they have the CIA. Think of the justice league as the CIA and the suicide squad as the NSA.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 6:43am On Oct 17, 2018
Minemrys:

1. Suicide Squad is n0t a superhero team that goes to save cats out of trees. They are govt owned assassins and enforcers made up of criminals, put together by politicians of America and n0t to save the world. They can be disavowed, any0ne is expendable.
2. The World doesn't kn0w they are out there. Meaning, they can go on missi0ns for the g0vt even with the presence of the league with0ut them meeting the league.
3. Saying the suicide squad is useless, is like telling the U. S to scrap the NSA because they have the CIA. Think of the justice league as the CIA and the suicide squad as the NSA.
Said it better than I could.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 11:22am On Oct 17, 2018
BlackManta:

I love the last scene.
Not just the good CGI but at least someone has the balls to show an animal transform into a boy.
Some TV shows won't show a full transformation, they would direct the camera elsewhere and when they get it back....fiam... A naked lady stands on the spot where a wolf stood moments ago.
Those that watched The Originals can confirm this simple trick.

Titans gave us the chance to see a complete transformation without moving the camera and I love that cool
You are right...
@CW lol... Those ones know their target market, and they are really satisfying it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 9:27pm On Oct 17, 2018
Aquaman is rumoured to be 140mins long (2hrs 20m) shocked

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 12:28am On Oct 18, 2018
BlackManta:
Aquaman is rumoured to be 140mins long (2hrs 20m) shocked
Better. At least enough time to flesh out the story. Unlike JL where Warner and Co slashed the runtime by half. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by teewhydope(m): 1:10am On Oct 18, 2018
funny enough, the whole accurate plot has been shared earlier on reddit and it seems interesting. cant wait! https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/comments/89mvsc/aquaman_test_screening_just_finished_at_the_wb_lot/
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 2:11pm On Oct 18, 2018
Kaycee7:
Said it better than I could.
Yea, he did

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 2:12pm On Oct 18, 2018
Minemrys:

Nice one dude, Nice one.

#Xavier.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 2:20pm On Oct 18, 2018
Guys, Aquaman in the comics and animations has blonde hairs and beards but Jason Mamoa's aquaman has dark or brown hairs and beards. Don't you guys think that they don't just align or it isn't just right?

Well except they are trying to upgrade super heroes in terms of their appearance because I know they do it a lot E.g Take a look at wonder woman or Henry Cavil's superman who doesn't have the trademark curly hair at the front of his hairs and also who doesn't wear pant.

If that is the reason, then no P otherwise, there is trouble.

#Xavier.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 2:31pm On Oct 18, 2018
in the comics,barry allen has blonde hair but in the JL movie and CW Arrowverse his hair is black,there's nothing to fear there's no movie or tv series that is based on either a comicbook,video game or novel that is 100% accurate

Xavier5:
Guys, Aquaman in the comics and animations has blonde hairs and beards but Jason Mamoa's aquaman has dark or brown hairs and beards. Don't you guys think that they don't just align or it isn't just right?

Well except they are trying to upgrade super heroes in terms of their appearance because I know they do it a lot E.g Take a look at wonder woman or Henry Cavil's superman who doesn't have the trademark curly hair at the front of his hairs and also who doesn't wear pant.

If that is the reason, then no P otherwise, there is trouble.

#Xavier.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 5:07pm On Oct 18, 2018
MJBOLT:
in the comics,barry allen has blonde hair but in the JL movie and CW Arrowverse his hair is black,there's nothing to fear there's no movie or tv series that is based on either a comicbook,video game or novel that is 100% accurate

Coming from a Marvel fanboy, hhmmmmmmmmm

#Xavier.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 1:38am On Oct 22, 2018
King Orm riding a Tylosaur

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:01am On Oct 22, 2018
BlackManta:
King Orm riding a Tylosaur

This looks beautiful...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:28am On Oct 23, 2018
Wonder lady's release date pushed to June 2020. A smart m0ve for Warners.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 10:36am On Oct 23, 2018
Minemrys:
Wonder lady's release date pushed to June 2020. A smart m0ve for Warners.
Really? Why do you say so?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:15pm On Oct 23, 2018
TonySpike:

Really? Why do you say so?
i think it would've been a disaster had WB released w0nder w0man 2 the same year Captain Marvel releases. Too many c0mparis0ns to be made, and the Box office and critics are kn0wn to favor the marvel side m0re. So it would be a colossal failure if WW 2 is to be released 8 m0nths after captain marvel. The fans would be m0re interested in the film n0t doing well or outperforming Captain Marvel just as they were hoping ven0m failed. The c0micb0ok fand0m can be toxic.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by alaboski(m): 4:40am On Oct 24, 2018
Minemrys:

i think it would've been a disaster had WB released w0nder w0man 2 the same year Captain Marvel releases. Too many c0mparis0ns to be made, and the Box office and critics are kn0wn to favor the marvel side m0re. So it would be a colossal failure if WW 2 is to be released 8 m0nths after captain marvel. The fans would be m0re interested in the film n0t doing well or outperforming Captain Marvel just as they were hoping ven0m failed. The c0micb0ok fand0m can be toxic.
So DC is down to 1 movie per year angry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by teewhydope(m): 10:02am On Oct 24, 2018
alaboski:

they will also release a joker movie next year, but it's not part of the dceu

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 7:21pm On Oct 24, 2018
There's a rumour flying around that DCEU will be rebooted with Wonder woman...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:56am On Oct 25, 2018
alaboski:
yea i guess so. And for the better.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:59am On Oct 25, 2018
teewhydope:

they will also release a joker movie next year, but it's not part of the dceu
that one is a low budget film they hope could start a franchise or universe should they cancel the Dceu. Smart m0ve i must say.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:03am On Oct 25, 2018
TonySpike:
There's a rumour flying around that DCEU will be rebooted with Wonder woman...
serious? With the current Gal Gadot wonder w0man? That's licking the ass of a w0man, i must say.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TShirtsOnline: 8:11pm On Oct 26, 2018
Hello. Please follow us on Instagram @tshirts1online for your graphic tees. Wide range of DC comic T-shirts in stock. Will post pics soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TShirtsOnline: 8:23pm On Oct 26, 2018
This Poison Ivy is XL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by teewhydope(m): 9:52pm On Oct 26, 2018
looks nice. #ivy_pepper cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by sapidsapiens: 1:17am On Oct 28, 2018
Who is the most underrated superhero? Cinemashed asks Nigerians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHGj_CvjPAo

[Subscribe to Cinemashed's YouTube channel for more content like this]
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 10:00am On Oct 28, 2018
Minemrys:

There is pressure on Captain Marvel to be a critical and box office hit like Wonder Woman.
After all Kevin Feige confessed that Marvel were getting cold feet about Captain Marvel but finally pushed the movie forward because of Wonder Woman success.

But the big question is can Captain Marvel match or surpass Wonder Woman's success?

I think the bigger pressure is on Marvel.

And BTW.... Wonder Woman 2 was not moved because of Captain Marvel.. NO... It was moved cuz the November 2019 box office window is very competitive.

The likes of Terminator 6, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Kingsman 3 all staked claim to prime real estate that month, joining the likes of Frozen 2 and (for now) an untitled Fox/Marvel film. November 2019 resembles the summer movie season, with a number of franchise sequels and family films competing for attention

So releasing WW2 in a highly competitive November 2019 window is risky cuz WW2 may end up not grossing the amount of money that WB is expecting due to competition from other big movies releasing that month.

Actually I believe that WW2 can beat Kingsman 3 and Terminator 6 in box office.
But beating Frozen 2 can be really hard.

Seeing as the first movie grossed over $800m.
WB knows that WW2 is another money spinner and they want to make easy money with no risk or competition attached so they moved WW2 to an free flowing and easy month of June 2020.

It's a very good decision.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AmuEwu: 12:51am On Oct 29, 2018
I just completed the last season of Better Call Saul, and I was thinking this guy would have been a good Joker.

With the right script he would be terrific.
No over the top nonsense like Jared Leto's Joker

One minute he could be a sensible man and the next minute he would be a monster.

I think he would have done really well if he was the one wast for the Joker movie

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.