Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,425 members, 7,954,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:10 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1296738 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (1549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 7:30pm On Dec 12, 2018
IHate9jerianss:
The link for the writer from indiewire was just an example.I have read all the reviews from the writers on the second link.I am still waiting for the review of aquaman from my best movie critic Peter Travers from Rolling stone

The perfect example of a dumb critic.

Just as dumb as the critic who bashed Aquaman for using too much CGI instead of using actors that can actually breathe underwater undecided

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 8:39pm On Dec 12, 2018
Xavier5:
WB should stop trying to please critics but their fans. Critics can never be pleased no matter what but fans can.

To me, WB should stick to their dark tone for the DCEU (which should only be if the character or characters whose movie they are making is a dark character like batman but if the character or characters is or are light characters like shazam, they should use light hearted themes for their movies). They should forget about what critics are saying about DCEU movie's dark tone. They're bashing it's dark tone because they aren't use to dark super hero movies rather they are use to light hearted super hero movies so to them super hero movies should be light hearted not dark toned but if WB continues with their dark toned super hero movie (when needed and necessary), critics will get use to dark super hero movies and will have no choice but to accept movie. Take for example, Super hero movies were known to be cartoonish, until FOX came and brought in matured content into super hero movies which I'm sure was criticised but today we've all accepted and gotten used to matured super hero movies. No one wants to see or watch a cartoonish themed super hero movie now but rather everyone wants to see or watch a matured super hero movie. That's what will be applicable to WB's DCEU movies dark theme. With time people will get use to dark theme super hero movies and will accept and love them.

As the TheKingIsHere said, WB should hire critics or mercenaries or promoters or hypers to hype and promote their movies for them but they should make sure that the movies meet their hype or else they will be total catastrophe.

I read online where a critics criticised Aquaman for it's use of CGI for it under water scene as if Guardians Of The Galaxies Was acted in Space. How do they expect the making of Aquaman without the use of CGI. Oh I get it, WB should have screened people who are professional swimmers and that can live and survive underwater perfectly and for years as those playing the Aquaman's characters, then they should carry all the equipments, tools, characters and cast into the Atlantic Ocean to shot the movie. Ridiculous. At times, these critics talk as if their brain has been fried.
Justice League is less than 2 hours in length, critics said it was short and rushed. Aquaman is 2 hours 23 minutes long, critics say it's too long and lengthy. And I ask myself, what do these critics actually wants. That's why WB should stop listening to critics but rather listen to their fans.

I read online in an Aquaman's review that Aquaman has an Octopus playing drum and I was like, what the heck, this is damn hilarious. These guys really showcased Atlantics and it's culture in details. Gosh, I'm super hyped for this movie. I simply can't wait for December 21st to arrive so that I can see it. I'm literarily counting days to December 21st. Aquaman's plot summary is out online in Wikipedia, you can go check it out.

Bia Minemrys or whatever you call yourself grin, don't come here with your negative review about Aquaman. If it was from someone else, it would have been okay but from you made it sentimental, bias and controversial. We all know you always wanted Aquaman to flop right from the beginning and still wants it to flop, that's why you posted a negative review of it here. Abeg, I use GOD name beg you, don't spoil and dehype this movie for us. Please. Keep your Emotions, Baism and Sentimentalism aside biko nu cheesy.

Here me all critics, haters and trolls, whether the Universe likes it or not, whether the Devil likes it or not, Aquaman will be a box office success. Bookmark that. I Xavier, says so.

#Xavier.
#Go_Aquaman.
Word!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 8:41pm On Dec 12, 2018
Minemrys:

haba haba, bro i never said my opini0n was supreme. I even urged people to see it and make their own minds.
Truth is that you are being biased!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:45pm On Dec 12, 2018
Raalsalghul:
I've said it before you and minemrys should renounce the dceu. Nothing will be good enough for you lot so far Snyder's name isn't on it.
Dude, we all have opinions. I have mine and you've got yours. Let this case rest...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by vickSamuel: 9:07pm On Dec 12, 2018
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2018/12/11/review-aquaman-is-thrilling-new-addition-to-superhero-cinema/#4690327432f7

You guys should read this review.. stop worrying about a few critics who really don't know what they are saying... like that crazy guy who said aquaman uses too much cgi. M like dude stfu. . It's an underwater movie... tf! Did u expect..

https://www.timeout.com/us/film/aquaman
So I read this guys rotten review of aquaman on Rt... pls guys can u see the difference b/w the two. Like one of them knows how to write a review the other is just......

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Eyedea(m): 10:40pm On Dec 12, 2018
The only reason we care about the opinion of critics is that DCEU has a history of shït movies except maybe Wonder Woman. And yeah I agree Zack Snyder made the dceu this shitty I didn't even bother watching justice league
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:44pm On Dec 12, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Truth is that you are being biased!
if i was, i would be praising all things DC.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 12:01am On Dec 13, 2018

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 8:51am On Dec 13, 2018
Some progress on The Batman.. smiley

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 12:26pm On Dec 13, 2018
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 12:26pm On Dec 13, 2018
China Box Office: 'Aquaman' Swims Past Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor And The X-Men.

Scott Mendelson (Senior Contributor at Forbes): "Aquaman Is 20000 League Over The Top"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/12/12/china-box-office-aquaman-swims-past-every-solo-mcu-superhero-movie/

Critics Are Praising The Movie As Aquaman Grosses over $118 million in China as of Tuesday.

#Xavier.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 12:53pm On Dec 13, 2018
OYA OH. LET'S GO THERE.

‘Aquaman’ Tops ‘Deadpool 2’, ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ For New Pre-Sales Record.

https://heroichollywood.com/aquaman-deadpool-avenger-pre-sales/

#Xavier.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 1:19pm On Dec 13, 2018
We dey vibe!!! grin angry angry cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 5:22pm On Dec 13, 2018
Xavier5:
OYA OH. LET'S GO THERE.

‘Aquaman’ Tops ‘Deadpool 2’, ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ For New Pre-Sales Record.

https://heroichollywood.com/aquaman-deadpool-avenger-pre-sales/

#Xavier.
And some were saying singing mary might outdo aquaman. cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:46pm On Dec 13, 2018
Where are the trolls? Release the troll engine...
A side of me is glad Aquaman is a success but an0ther side of me is worried WB hasn't changed.

4 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Afobear: 8:51pm On Dec 13, 2018
Minemrys:
Where are the trolls? Release the troll engine...
A side of me is glad Aquaman is a success but an0ther side of me is worried WB hasn't changed.
a success? You guys don't learn

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:38pm On Dec 13, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Cc: Tonyspike Minemrys Philfearon Thekingishere
I think I've had enough of this snyder fanboyism from minemrys and spike. It's so bad that whenever a film doesn't have snyder's name on it, then it's bad. In as much as I appreciate him for starting the universe with MoS which I think is good BTW, he messed up with BvS and at a point you have to realize that his style of filming isn't going to suit some comic characters.

Lol, they should get over Snyder sack by now cos he will never come back to DC.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:38pm On Dec 13, 2018
Just came back from auntie spambot ban all thanks to blackmanta

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:42pm On Dec 13, 2018
Xavier5:
China Box Office: 'Aquaman' Swims Past Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor And The X-Men.

Scott Mendelson (Senior Contributor at Forbes): "Aquaman Is 20000 League Over The Top"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/12/12/china-box-office-aquaman-swims-past-every-solo-mcu-superhero-movie/

Critics Are Praising The Movie As Aquaman Grosses over $118 million in China as of Tuesday.

#Xavier.

Wow, its a huge success in China. It should make about $800m-$1bn at the end of it's run

Marvel fans boys right now after seeing this news cheesy

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:46pm On Dec 13, 2018
Raalsalghul:
And some were saying singing mary might outdo aquaman. cheesy

Lol, I laughed when I saw some clowns making such comment

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 5:32am On Dec 14, 2018
Xavier5:

#Xavier.

Change the headline.

Aquaman has already surpassed every MCU solo film in China.....in just 1 week

Wait till it opens in US... Into the Spiderverse, Bumblebee and Mary Poppins go hear am..

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 6:44am On Dec 14, 2018
BlackManta:

Change the headline.

Wait till it opens in US... Into the Spiderverse, Bumblebee and Mary Poppins go hear am..
grin grin cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Eyedea(m): 6:51am On Dec 14, 2018
James Wan for president.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 8:35am On Dec 14, 2018
BlackManta:

Change the headline.

OYA OH. TO THE PROMISE LAND

#Xavier.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 8:37am On Dec 14, 2018
Eyedea:
James Wan for president.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 14, 2018
The only thing i hate is making superman all powerful and others trash in DEATH OF SUPERMAN COMIC AND SUPERMAN VS BATMAN
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 2:50pm On Dec 14, 2018
BlackManta:

Change the headline.

Have you guys noticed that marvel fan boys have all ran away after seeing this news? cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 2:51pm On Dec 14, 2018
Eyedea:
James Wan for president.

Supported grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 5:58pm On Dec 14, 2018

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 6:16pm On Dec 14, 2018
upload it on the MCU thread
Shittaakeem:
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kingrapha(m): 7:47pm On Dec 14, 2018
Shittaakeem:
why did you post this here?

SMH....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by WaywardSon(m): 9:33pm On Dec 14, 2018
Aquaman is just amazing. I hope wb will build on this momentum in Shazam. F marvel

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (1549) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free? / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.