Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1240768 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:23pm On Dec 16, 2018
Raalsalghul:
I know, it's wishful thinking. Given what is happening now, what would be your lineup as DC's head?
the batman, Green lantern, MOS 2, BLACK ADAM, Reverse Flash, New Gods, WW2, Knightwing, SS2, JL2, THE FLASH.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 10:46pm On Dec 16, 2018
Minemrys:

the batman, Green lantern, MOS 2, BLACK ADAM, Reverse Flash, New Gods, WW2, Knightwing, SS2, JL2, THE FLASH.
Hmmm. Though I still believe JL 2 is a possibility. Don't rule it out yet. wink
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by blingxx(m): 11:27pm On Dec 16, 2018
Eyedea:

I don't want Ben Affleck as batman actually, he's too old to play a batman origin story tbh.

Scott adkins would have been perfect, he has the look, physics, martial art.. The problem is the guy can't act

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:28am On Dec 17, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Hmmm. Though I still believe JL 2 is a possibility. Don't rule it out yet. wink
Can u say Ben Affleck would do the same or Henry Cavill?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 12:39am On Dec 17, 2018
It's normal for studios to add potential projects to their schedule and end up abandoning them or shifting it.

The Flash was supposed to release on March this year but production troubles and WB's incessant changing of directors delayed the movie.

The Batman should have come next year but Ben Affleck's script was cancelled after WB hired Matt Reeves (Dawn and War of the Planet Of Apes) to direct.
Matt wanted to start from the scratch with a new script.

If Justice League was a success ,Cyborg movie would have been a priority.

Wonder Woman 2 was moved from November 2019 to June 2020 to avoid a massive box office battle due to top movies also scheduled for that month.

Taking into consideration all the delays and changes that was meted out on the afformentioned projects, we should not be surprised if the future schedule also changes.

As far as I'm concerned, all the movies WB is planning are subject to change.

The only DC movies that are seriously moving forward are....

Shazam

Filming has wrapped and the movie will release on April 2019. So we won't wait long to see another DC movie like we waited 13 months for Aquaman after JL released.

Joker

Already filming.
Set photos have been leaked multiple times and something tells me Janquin Phoenix Joker will live up to Heath Ledger's legacy.

Wonder Woman 1984

Wrapped filming today. Should have released on November 2019 had WB not moved it to June 2020 to avoid some really big competition at the box office.

Birds of Prey And The Fantabulous Emancipation Of One Harley Quinn.

Pretty long title but this is the official title and I'm not kidding.
Has a director (a female) and a script (also written by a female).and a February 2020 release date ...so this movie is really female-driven.
Bird of Prey will be DC's first R rated movie. It will be garnished with a lot of foul language, blood and heavy metal violence.
I'm glad WB finally has balls for some R rated DC movie after a missed opportunity in Suicide Squad.
WB won't chicken away from R rated movies like Sony did with PG-13 Venom....eewww. embarassed
As a DC fan I'm looking forward to Bumblebee cuz the lady that wrote the story also wrote Birds Of Prey.

Green Lantern Corps

Had a 2020 release date but that is not possible anymore.
Geoff Johns is writing the script...(better don't fùck this up John angry )
Tom fùcking Cruise was rumored for the lead role as Hal Jordan... Shoot me if it ends up a reality angry
John Stewart will make his cinematic debut....so this movie is not a one man show like the previous one but instead we getting a team of Lanterns running the show.

The Batman

Ben Affleck's script was cancelled and the new director Matt Reeves started from the scratch.
His Batman will be noir driven with emphasis on the detective side of The Caped Crusader... good news to my ears.
Matt Reeves Batman will be dark and gritty just like Dawn Of the Planet Of Apes and War (both are Matt Reeves movies)
Rumours suggest WB is looking for a younger actor to play Batman cuz the story will be based on his early days long before the events in BVS.
This does not in any way suggest it's a bye bye to Ben Affleck....at least not yet.
Affleck has done nothing but express his love for character lately.
Matt Reeves script will be due this month...so the movie should potentially start filming late next year for a late 2020 release.

I believe that WB will release 3 DC movies in 2020.
Wonder Woman 1984 and Birds Of Prey already has release dates (June and February 2020 respectively).
September to December is open and The Batman could release during that time.
But what if the Batman is delayed....
Two other DC characters can claim late 2020 release date....The Flash and Black Adam.

The Flash

The Scarlet Speedster's movie suffered delay due to 3 director changes.
WB had already lost 2 directors before landing Spiderman Homecoming writers. They wrote a new script and the movie will reportedly take inspiration from Back To The Future.
WB wanted a Flash point movie but that will not happen.
Goodnews to my ears BTW.... I mean how can the first Flash movie adapt the Flashpoint story
That feels like using Ragnarok story line for the first Thor film... Imagine that undecided
Flash point should be the last movie in a Flash trilogy not the first.
It might be the one of the best stories in DC comics but it is also controversial and gory.

Let me summarise it...

Aquaman cheats on Mera with Wonder Woman.
Mera confronts Diana.
Diana chops off her head.
Aquaman declares war on Themyscira.
The Surface world gets caught in the crossfire.
Half of Europe is wiped out by Aquaman's giant tidal waves.
Wonder Woman brutally kills 14 year old Billy Batson (Shazam)

Does this look like a suitable story for Flash first movie... Hell NO!

We just got Amber Heard's Mera in Aquaman movie and the last thing I wanna see now is Gal Gadot holding up Mera's head for Arthur to see.

Abegiii...

I'm so glad Flash point is not happening.
We don't need that kind of story right now. angry

If Ezra Miller doesn't finish filming his role in Fantastic Beasts 3 in time for Flash movie to move a step forward, there's another DC movie in development....serious development.

Black Adam

When Dwayne Johnson was cast as the Black Adam, I was like... WOW!
Then WB saved Black Adam from being a use-and-dump villain for Shazam's cinematic debut to developing a solo film for the former slave boy and antihero turned villain...I was like double WOW!
Black Adam will be a major player in DCEU and WB ain't kidding with him.
A script is being written and the excited writers already teased what the story could look like.
The movie will focus on the life of a slave in ancient Egypt and his transformation into Black Adam.
His transition from a hero trying to use his power to free his people from slavery to antihero and straight up villain.

This movie will be a hit if WB do it right.
Dwayne Johnson is currently the highest paid actor in Hollywood and arguably the most in-demand.
He can sell any movie and I can't think of a better actor to portray Black Adam than him.

Black Adam promises to be dark and gritty or at least balanced.

So there you have it..

These are the DC movies, out of the many WB is planning , that is moving forward and will definitely happen.

New Gods has a director.
Nightwing too.
Justice League Dark has a script but these projects appears to be on hold.
No surprise there cuz these are post 2020/21 movies so no rush there.

Plastic man, Blue Beetle, Gotham City Sirens, Super girl, Cyborg, Booster Gold, Joker Harley Quinn spin-off etc may not happen and might end up getting overlooked.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 17, 2018
BlackManta:

Joker

Already filming.
Set photos have been leaked multiple times and something tells me Janquin Phoenix Joker will live up to Heath Ledger's legacy.

Is this a Joke?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 9:23am On Dec 17, 2018
Tenison96:

Is this a Joke?

It's not the first time I'll be seeing a movie based on a villain.
It's an elseworlds movie that's not part of the current shared universe.
A low budget film and a low risk project for WB.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 1:39pm On Dec 17, 2018
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 7:24pm On Dec 17, 2018
Xavier5:

Justice League sequel for now won't be possible. Producing it's sequel now won't be rational because it'll jeopardise the Justice League Franchise. What WB and DC needs to do now is to build up the DCEU and it's characters via solo movies. When that's done, then A Justice League sequel can be produced because that'll be the right time for it.

For me, Ben Affleck is too old to play the Batman role although he is good at it but his aging is the villain here. So I will like WB and DC to sign a younger person to play the role or if they still wanna use Ben Affleck (Which I will love them to use. I just like the guy and the way he plays the Batman character), they should use deaging effect or CGI to make him look younger just like what Marvel did with Samuel Jackson to enable him play a younger nick fury in Captain Marvel.

The Flash movie when it'll be produced shouldn't be about the flashpoint. Common, how can the first Flash movie in DCEU be about the flashpoint? How rational is that? The Flash movie should be an origin story that shows how Barry Allen became the Flash and how he used his ability to save the world.
What I will like WB and DC to do about the Flash is, they should create a Flash trilogy franchise in the DCEU.
The First Flash movie, should be the Flash origin movie which will be all about the events that made Barry Allen the Flash, how he accepted his abilities, get to know more about his abilities, prepared himself in becoming the Flash and finally, using his abilities as the Flash to save the day. At the end of the movie or the mid credit scene or post credit scene, activities that leads or which will lead to the Flashpoint should be or can be shown or teased if WB and DC wants to.
The Second Flash Movie should be the Flashpoint Movie, which will chronicle the events that led to the flashpoint, the flashpoint era and it's effect and finally, how the Flash fixed it and returned everything to normal. This could be a perfect opportunity to reboot the DCEU if need be or if they want to.
The third Flash should be a post flashpoint movie which will be about the events that took place after the Flashpoint which might include threats that came into existence as a result of the Flashpoint and how The Flash battles to fix and stop it/ them.
After that, they WB and DC can go ahead and produce other Flash movies if they want to.

I will like WB and DC to introduce more DC characters and assembled teams into the DCEU for it (DCEU) and their (Characters) build up. With this fans and audiences can relate, be synonymous and know more about these characters and assembled teams.

The name for the Birds Of Prey Movie which is Birds Of Prey And The Fantabolous Emancipation Of Harley Quinn is just one, too long and two, totally uncalled for. WB and DC should just stick with the Birds Of Prey as the title of the movie. When i saw that title for the Birds Of Prey movie, i was like, What In The Name Of Harley Quinn Is This, Can you imagine? See WB and DC oh. Beside why should they put And The Fantabolous Emancipation Of Harley Quinn to the Birds Of Prey when the movie is about a team of female super heroes or Anti Heroes (permit me to call them that, because Harley Quinn is definitely not a Hero) rather than a Harley Quinn movie. So why should she be the only one that needs Emancipation, not just Emancipation, but Fantabolous one at that, that would warrant such title. We have to wait till the movie is released come 2020 to find out. If Warner Bros where looking for ridiculous name to give the Birds Of Prey Movie, they should have just kukuma named it Birds Of and The Fantabolous Emancipation Of The Birds Of Prey, Iranu. I just hope the movie will be an R rated movie as WB and DC promised because I don't trust those dudes with promise and consistency. Anyways, can't wait to see Maggie Robbie as Harley Quinn. That lady made my day in Suicide Squad. Maggie Robbie nailed the Harley Quinn character. She is just perfect for the role.

My line or trend of Movies in the DCEU will be or are: Shazam, Flash, Cyborg, Wonder Woman 2, Joker, Green Lantern, Birds Of Prey, Batman, Suicide Squad 2, Man Of Steel 2 (which should be about the reunion of Superman and Supergirl and the introduction of Supergirl into the DCEU), Dark Universe (Justice League Dark), Introducing more characters into the DCEU to build it (DCEU) and them (Characters) in their own solo movie or as assisting characters, Aquaman 2, Supergirl, Justice League. Those are my movie line up for the DCEU for now. They may change due to unforseen factors.

#Xavier.
As regards the Birds of Prey title, I love it! It's unconventional and has a lot going for it. I don't think the intention of the film is to be too serious. Yes, Ben is too old to play Batman: more reason while they should create an exit plan for him. This is an opportunity for WB to introduce Terry Mcginnis.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 10:38am On Dec 18, 2018
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 10:40am On Dec 18, 2018
Raalsalghul:
As regards the Birds of Prey title, I love it! It's unconventional and has a lot going for it. I don't think the intention of the film is to be too serious. Yes, Ben is too old to play Batman: more reason while they should create an exit plan for him. This is an opportunity for WB to introduce Terry Mcginnis.

common, it's too early to eliminate Bruce wayne's Batman from the DCEU. Beside he is an iconic character, highly popular among DC Fans and also he is one of the frontliners in DC, Justice League and DCEU than that Terry Mcginnis of yours. So eliminating him from DCEU won't be right. He needs more time and should be giving one. So what DC and WB should do is to sign a younger person to play the Character or use a de-aging effect or CGI to make Ben Affleck look younger in the movies.

As for the Birds Of Prey movie title, it's stupid and ridiculous at the same time.

#Xavier.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:00am On Dec 18, 2018
Xavier5:

common, it's too early to eliminate Bruce wayne's Batman from the DCEU. Beside he is an iconic character, highly popular among DC Fans and also he is one of the frontliners in DC, Justice League and DCEU than that Terry Mcginnis of yours. So eliminating him from DCEU won't be right. He needs more time and should be giving one. So what DC and WB should do is to sign a younger person to play the Character or use a de-aging effect or CGI to make Ben Affleck look younger in the movies.

As for the Birds Of Prey movie title, it's stupid and ridiculous at the same time.

#Xavier.
birds of prey? Mtchew. N0thing c0ncern me with that film. Anything that has feminist undert0ne just for the sake of pr0m0ting the ideology, count me out.
I even heard the BOP script was the script meant for suicide squad 2. It was rewritten to fit birds of prey, hence the delay of SS 2. WB are funny sha. Films like that are why people talk trash abt DC.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 6:49am On Dec 19, 2018
Minemrys:

birds of prey? Mtchew. N0thing c0ncern me with that film. Anything that has feminist undert0ne just for the sake of pr0m0ting the ideology, count me out.
I even heard the BOP script was the script meant for suicide squad 2. It was rewritten to fit birds of prey, hence the delay of SS 2. WB are funny sha. Films like that are why people talk trash abt DC.

Wetin concern me. All I know is that I can't wait to see Maggie Robbie's Harley Quinn. She is one hell of a character. What's wrong with Birds Of Prey having a Feminist undertone. What's your problem with Feminism.
What's my business if Birds Of Prey script is a re-written Suicide Squad 2 script, so far the movie is a good one, I gat no issues with that, Shikina. Beside you heard, hearing it doesn't mean it's true. Those are just rumours bro, rumours. Do not be sway by rumours cos they are misleading.

#Xavier.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 6:55am On Dec 19, 2018
Critics, Audience and Fans are praising Aquaman for it's adventurous tone, Wan's direction and ambition, the visuals, and the performances of Momoa, Heard and Kidman as the Movie grosses over $280 million.

SOURCE: Wikipedia.

#Xavier.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 9:28am On Dec 19, 2018
Xavier5:

#Xavier.

Birds Of Prey long title is a proof that the movie won't be a serious one.
It will be a Deadpool kind of movie where a bunch of girls are killing some people and making jokes over it.

the movie will be DC's first R rated.
With heavy metal violence and lots of blood.

It won't be a serious movie one bit.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by WaywardSon(m): 10:26am On Dec 19, 2018
DC should stick to single movies. Team ups are not yet right

I swear DC should have launched its universe with the dark Knight

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:45pm On Dec 19, 2018
WaywardSon:
DC should stick to single movies. Team ups are not yet right

I swear DC should have launched its universe with the dark Knight
then it would have a dead joker and a cancer throat batman who is as slow as Bleep and c0mpared to Batfleck, has inferior fighting skills and is dumb.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by WaywardSon(m): 12:53pm On Dec 19, 2018
Minemrys:

then it would have a dead joker and a cancer throat batman who is as slow as Bleep and c0mpared to Batfleck, has inferior fighting skills and is dumb.
hahahaha did you just say inferior fighting skills. Old Ben Affleck can't perform half of those stunts you see, stuntmen do that. Now I think it all boils down to the director. Christopher Nolan of the dark knight wasn't really a flashy cinematic action guy like Snyder so I think bale can and would have been a better batman than Affleck

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:21pm On Dec 19, 2018
WaywardSon:
hahahaha did you just say inferior fighting skills. Old Ben Affleck can't perform half of those stunts you see, stuntmen do that. Now I think it all boils down to the director. Christopher Nolan of the dark knight wasn't really a flashy cinematic action guy like Snyder so I think bale can and would have been a better batman than Affleck
nah. Bale's batman should rather treat his cancer throat and let Bruce Affleck/Ben Wayne do his thing.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by WaywardSon(m): 1:25pm On Dec 19, 2018
Minemrys:

nah. Bale's batman should rather treat his cancer throat and let Bruce Affleck/Ben Wayne do his thing.
I'll still pick Christian Bale over Ben Affleck anyday

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:26pm On Dec 19, 2018
Had to post this. This is the kind of weird critic we have been talking about.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:47pm On Dec 19, 2018
WaywardSon:
I'll still pick Christian Bale over Ben Affleck anyday
why?
[in Heath Ledger's joker voice]Did he kick ur dog or s0mething
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 2:47pm On Dec 19, 2018
TonySpike:

She dey flex muscle on top DC movies but when it's time to trash talk Wonder Woman, she disappeared grin grin

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 2:51pm On Dec 19, 2018
BlackManta:

She dey flex muscle on top DC movies but when it's time to trash talk Wonder Woman, she disappeared grin grin

That Man of Steel commentary by her is just pure hatred. She wants a Donner Superman that will be so cheesy and irrelevant in today's world.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:52pm On Dec 19, 2018
BlackManta:

that's cause Wonder woman is a feminist oriented m0vie. If i talk n0w Xavier would say am anti feminism.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:55pm On Dec 19, 2018
TonySpike:

That Man of Steel commentary by her is just pure hatred. She wants a Donner Superman that will be so cheesy and irrelevant in today's world.
i d0n't think that's what they or she wants. Some just want to stay relevant in their professi0n. No one takes positive news seriously. And positive criticisms bear no weight like negative criticism.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 3:27pm On Dec 19, 2018
Minemrys:

that's cause Wonder woman is a feminist oriented m0vie. If i talk n0w Xavier would say am anti feminism.

It's impossible to make a female led superhero movie without coming out as feminist oriented.
It's inevitable in today's world especially with people like you who take anything 'girl power ' to be an avenue to promote feminism.

The only way Wonder Woman would have avoided the tag of 'feminist oriented ' is for Steve Trevor to become the main hero of the story and for Diana to be relegated to supporting hero or worse... A damsel in distress.

You see.. That is impossible.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 3:32pm On Dec 19, 2018
Minemrys:

i d0n't think that's what they or she wants. Some just want to stay relevant in their professi0n. No one takes positive news seriously. And positive criticisms bear no weight like negative criticism.
Well, they've succeeded in a lot of people losing faith in professional reviews.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 4:27pm On Dec 19, 2018
Minemrys:

Bia bia bia, Mr Minemrys, when did I say you are Anti-Feminist. So me asking you what is wrong with Birds Of Prey having a feminist undertone means I said you are Anti-Feminist bah? Biko nu.

#Xavier.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 5:27pm On Dec 19, 2018
TonySpike:
Hahahahahaha...
The hate is real ah swear!!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:48pm On Dec 19, 2018
Xavier5:

Bia bia bia, Mr Minemrys, when did I say you are Anti-Feminist. So me asking you what is wrong with Birds Of Prey having a feminist undertone means I said you are Anti-Feminist bah? Biko nu.

#Xavier.
Xavier5:

Wetin concern me. All I know is that I can't wait to see Maggie Robbie's Harley Quinn. She is one hell of a character. What's wrong with Birds Of Prey having a Feminist undertone. What's your problem with Feminism.
What's my business if Birds Of Prey script is a re-written Suicide Squad 2 script, so far the movie is a good one, I gat no issues with that, Shikina. Beside you heard, hearing it doesn't mean it's true. Those are just rumours bro, rumours. Do not be sway by rumours cos they are misleading.

#Xavier.
saying i have a problem with feminism means am against it. And that means am anti feminist. Biko nu, i am n0t anti feminist. Okwia?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 5:54pm On Dec 19, 2018
Minemrys:

saying i have a problem with feminism means am against it. And that means am anti feminist. Biko nu, i am n0t anti feminist. Okwia?

Bro that was a question not a declaration or opinion. I wonder when question becomes declarations or opinions.

#Xavier.

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.