Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1238505 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:35am On Dec 12, 2018
TonySpike:
The silly critic even mentioned subtly that MOS, BVS and JL are all imitations of marvel movies. Can you imagine how silly this critic is?
i think WB should quit superhero films/ the dceu so Marvel/Disney can have the m0n0poly.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 12, 2018
Minemrys:

i think WB should quit superhero films/ the dceu so Marvel/Disney can have the m0n0poly.
wow
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:46am On Dec 12, 2018
TonySpike:
The silly critic even mentioned subtly that MOS, BVS and JL are all imitations of marvel movies. Can you imagine how silly this critic is?

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:54am On Dec 12, 2018
BlackManta:

I saw that article and I was pissed.

If Aquaman was dark and gritty, critics will complain .

Now that Aquaman is fun and light like Marvel, some critic thinks it's a Thor wannabe.

What exactly do these people want

I wish WB gave them the middle finger and stuck to the original dark theme angry

The truth is... Critics have gotten so used to having Marvel movies to the extent that if a superhero film is not Marvel they will scrutinise it deeply for flaws but if the movie uses the so called Marvel formula....it will get thrashed for being a bad imitation /marvel wannabe.

These people are confused.

I'm glad at least 75% of critics thought Aquaman was good.
I will see the movie for myself and make my own judgement.
WB should just forget about releasing superhero m0vies in theatre. They could bring the Dceu to televisi0n using Titans tv show, leave disney to theatres. That way, they overcome critics scrutiny, make m0ney via merchandise, investment and licensing rights. They are great on tv.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:00am On Dec 12, 2018
TonySpike:

Do you think Geoff Johns did a bad job on the Aquaman story? Or you think was the script bad?
am guessing it's the script and acting. I had a problem c0nnecting with the film's characters. And, there were literally no surprise or twists. It seemed like s0mething myself 7 years prior would've written. M0m0a doesn't do well in em0ti0nal scenes, that part Henry Cavill does well.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:02am On Dec 12, 2018
hulk616:
I said it grin grin DC will never disappoint me in flopping. grin cheesy
You could have said that without quoting me.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 10:18am On Dec 12, 2018
BlackManta:

Aquaman can become the highest grossing DC movie since TDK trilogy but I don't think it will make a billion.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Grossing $100m+ in 4 days in China is a big surprise but let's not forget that the movie had little or no competition.

Mary Poppins and Bumblebee hasn't released in China yet but it will release in the same week as Aquaman in America.
So I don't think it will make $90m+ in 3 days in America but I won't be surprised if it does.

Aquaman could become the biggest film this December but we'll wait and see.
The only competitor to aquaman is Bumblebee. I don't see mary poppins as a competiton to aquaman. Let's be factual, how many people asked for the film. It's only americans that seem to be interested in it. And besides the film will only appeal to the older demographic of 40 years and above. How much of the international audience are familiar with the poppins character. I'm still saying it that aqua man will come out on top that weekend.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 10:21am On Dec 12, 2018
TonySpike:
It is is because of critics like this that WB needs to grow some real balls and stick to their dark themes. For the critics, I have noticed these two categories, no matter the DC movie:

Dark DC movies: The movie lacks joy, no moments of chemistry, not fun and too depressing

Light DC movies: The movie is a good departure from the darkness but this is too similar to "insert Marcel movie". Not original in character building.

In my opinion, WB is fighting a lost battle, they should have stuck to their original themes and their hardcore fan base.
If you know how pissed I was when I saw that review. Didn't bother to read it cos I know it was thrash. The critic had to spoil everything by inserting Marvel in there.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 10:25am On Dec 12, 2018
BlackManta:

BVS was good.
Not ground breaking, not awesome...just good.

Aside the controversial Martha scene.

I thought BVS was far from bad.

But according to critics....Henry Cavil Superman is too sad and depressed and doesn't smile very much like Christopher Reeves plus a Batman who is still battling with Jason Todd's death is too brutal on criminals.

So yeah....A bad movie. undecided
Personally, I thought BvS was bad. Will give my reasons later.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 10:28am On Dec 12, 2018
Minemrys:

I kind of think you still have a hardon for Snyder's style of filming.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 10:34am On Dec 12, 2018
Raalsalghul:

I am a Snyder fan. I like his style of telling stories which is simply "show, not tell". This kind of method allows for unpredictability of the stories and improves the re-watchability factor of a movie. If I want a "tell, not show" movie direction style, I will rather listen to a radio drama.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 10:49am On Dec 12, 2018
Afrobear The Thanos Of Nairaland get ready

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 10:52am On Dec 12, 2018
Raalsalghul:
If you know how pissed I was when I saw that review. Didn't bother to read it cos I know it was thrash. The critic had to spoil everything by inserting Marvel in there.

Apparently DC can't do things right without risking not meeting up to "Marvel's gold standard".

This critic inserted "Doctor Strange" cuz Aquaman had great visuals.

I have seen Doctor Strange and it's not like the visuals were ground breaking or gold standard to start with.

Someone just can't review a DC movie without bringing up Marvel. undecided

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:21am On Dec 12, 2018
Raalsalghul:
still think Snyder's the villain?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:24am On Dec 12, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Was his style bad?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 11:42am On Dec 12, 2018
Raalsalghul:

Zack Snyder's style is amazing.

Forget about critics, most DC fans love Zack Snyder .
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:43am On Dec 12, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Aqua man currently sitting at 76% on RT, which to me is fair. Does it mean that D.C execs don't know how to handle team ups. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Cc; Minemrys, Blackmanta, Phifearon, Tonyspike, Thekingishere, misky2000

Don't fall for all these ratings. What DC/warner bros need to do is focus on promoting the film positively.

Venom got a 28%score on RT but yet still grossed almost $900m at the box office. That's a huge success.

DC/WB need to know how to play this game to make huge financial success.

Venom hit $110m in China alone and if aquaman can hit this target it will likely touch $800-$900m at the box office
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:45am On Dec 12, 2018
BlackManta:

Zack Snyder's style is amazing.

Forget about critics, most DC fans love Zack Snyder .

I don't. He ruined JL totally.

JL should be rivalry to Avengers in terms of everything but because of Zack, JL has been thrown under the pillow
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by misky2000(m): 11:47am On Dec 12, 2018
Ok I really want to say this believe it or not many people will still go and watch Aquaman in Cinemas because of what it has to offer. Seriously let's forget these critics, I read some of their reviews and I couldn't be more disgusted by what they wrote. Sometimes I wonder if they even went to critics school imagine a critics giving it a rotten review because he said it uses too much CGI and u will start wondering if he expects the movie producers to hire actors who can breathe under water and equipment which can work at the depth of the ocean. The thing is that these critics can never be satisfied no matter what and I urge u people to stop relying on critics reviews to judge a movie, go watch and be ur own judge besides someone's taste will not be yours.

The way I see this movie Aquaman will just be like star wars the last Jedi in which critics praised the movie and the general audience trashed it but this time it will be the other way round. And people it not critics who determines if a movie succeed or bomb at the box office it is the audience so let the audience judge.

To marvel fans year, do you know a certain critic said that infinity war and Aquaman are the worst movies of the year
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:49am On Dec 12, 2018
Raalsalghul:

That critic is indirectly working for marvel/Disney.

This is DC/WB should be doing too.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by misky2000(m): 11:54am On Dec 12, 2018
A forbe reviewer said that this movie is lighty to make 900million -1.4billion at the box office
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2018/12/11/review-aquaman-is-thrilling-new-addition-to-superhero-cinema/
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:56am On Dec 12, 2018
hulk616:
I said it grin grin DC will never disappoint me in flopping. grin cheesy

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:58am On Dec 12, 2018
misky2000:
A forbe reviewer said that this movie is lighty to make 900million -1.4billion at the box office
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2018/12/11/review-aquaman-is-thrilling-new-addition-to-superhero-cinema/

Guess my analysis is right.

We need more of these and more positive promotions
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Afobear: 12:01pm On Dec 12, 2018
Minemrys:

You could have said that without quoting me.

Slowly and as expected,the impending doom is coming

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Afobear: 12:04pm On Dec 12, 2018
BlackManta:

Apparently DC can't do things right without risking not meeting up to "Marvel's gold standard".

I have seen Doctor Strange and it's not like the visuals were ground breaking or gold standard to start with.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 12:06pm On Dec 12, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Don't fall for all these ratings. What DC/warner bros need to do is focus on promoting the film positively.

Venom got a 28%score on RT but yet still grossed almost $900m at the box office. That's a huge success.

DC/WB need to know how to play this game to make huge financial success.

Venom hit $110m in China alone and if aquaman can hit this target it will likely touch $800-$900m at the box office
Don't compare venom to aquaman pls
Venom has the marvel Tag.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 12:07pm On Dec 12, 2018
Afobear:

Hope you're ready
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:09pm On Dec 12, 2018
Shittaakeem:

Don't compare venom to aquaman pls
Venom has the marvel Tag.

I only used the comparison to buttress my point and explain better
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Shittaakeem(m): 12:09pm On Dec 12, 2018
BlackManta:

Not ground breaking and it got nominated for an Oscar award in the vfx category

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 12:17pm On Dec 12, 2018
Minemrys:

Link please?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by IHate9jerianss(m): 12:18pm On Dec 12, 2018
Chai!! DC don fall hand again.From all the reviews I have been reading Aquaman is a hot mess cry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 12:20pm On Dec 12, 2018
One of the complaints against Aquaman is also "being too true to the Comics"...
Aquaman is already a hit, we don't care!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.