Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,170 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1241973 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 3:09pm On Dec 12, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Don't fall for all these ratings. What DC/warner bros need to do is focus on promoting the film positively.

Venom got a 28%score on RT but yet still grossed almost $900m at the box office. That's a huge success.

DC/WB need to know how to play this game to make huge financial success.

Venom hit $110m in China alone and if aquaman can hit this target it will likely touch $800-$900m at the box office
Anything above 800 mill is okay to me.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 3:10pm On Dec 12, 2018
misky2000:
Ok I really want to say this believe it or not many people will still go and watch Aquaman in Cinemas because of what it has to offer. Seriously let's forget these critics, I read some of their reviews and I couldn't be more disgusted by what they wrote. Sometimes I wonder if they even went to critics school imagine a critics giving it a rotten review because he said it uses too much CGI and u will start wondering if he expects the movie producers to hire actors who can breathe under water and equipment which can work at the depth of the ocean. The thing is that these critics can never be satisfied no matter what and I urge u people to stop relying on critics reviews to judge a movie, go watch and be ur own judge besides someone's taste will not be yours.

The way I see this movie Aquaman will just be like star wars the last Jedi in which critics praised the movie and the general audience trashed it but this time it will be the other way round. And people it not critics who determines if a movie succeed or bomb at the box office it is the audience so let the audience judge.

To marvel fans year, do you know a certain critic said that infinity war and Aquaman are the worst movies of the year
Imagine some folks saying Mary Poppins will outdo aquaman. cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 3:12pm On Dec 12, 2018
BlackManta:

Zack Snyder's style is amazing.

Forget about critics, most DC fans love Zack Snyder .

I don't. Dude has visual prowess but doesn't know how to connect with an audience.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 3:14pm On Dec 12, 2018
Minemrys:

Was his style bad?
Dude has an eye for visuals no doubt but doesn't know how to tell a good story. My biggest grouse with him was using doomsday as the villain in MoS. Also, he should have left the BvS fight for the end of the movie
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 3:18pm On Dec 12, 2018
Minemrys:

still think Snyder's the villain?
3 things worked against D.C since the start of their universe: Warner execs, Critics and Snyder. Fortunately, one is coming back to their senses and the other left. There is hope cheesy
See, I implore you, renounce the dceu. I'm sure you would never like anything as far Snyder's name isn't on it. Go follow his other works.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 3:21pm On Dec 12, 2018
TonySpike:

I am a Snyder fan. I like his style of telling stories which is simply "show, not tell". This kind of method allows for unpredictability of the stories and improves the re-watchability factor of a movie. If I want a "tell, not show" movie direction style, I will rather listen to a radio drama.
I've said it before you and minemrys should renounce the dceu. Nothing will be good enough for you lot so far Snyder's name isn't on it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by IHate9jerianss(m): 3:22pm On Dec 12, 2018
BlackManta:

RT does not and will never define a good movie.

This same RT rated Black Panther higher than Dark Knight and Infinity War.

You need to see a movie for yourself and make your own judgements instead of letting RT critics decide for you.
RT are right with their rating majority of the time esp when it comes to movies.As an African i very much enjoyed black panther.An enjoyment that was lacking when I watched dark knight and infinity war
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 3:23pm On Dec 12, 2018
Minemrys:

am guessing it's the script and acting. I had a problem c0nnecting with the film's characters. And, there were literally no surprise or twists. It seemed like s0mething myself 7 years prior would've written. M0m0a doesn't do well in em0ti0nal scenes, that part Henry Cavill does well.
Ah stop all these. We know you don't like it because you searched for Snyder's name with a microscope and got dissappointed. cheesy cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 3:29pm On Dec 12, 2018
IHate9jerianss:
RT are right with their rating majority of the time esp when it comes to movies.As an African i very much enjoyed black panther.An enjoyment that was lacking when I watched dark knight and infinity war

You must be new to RT.
They are not right most of the time.

Put Africaness and sentiments aside and tell me if Black Panther deserves to be the highest rated Marvel film on RT.

Was it the best?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 3:40pm On Dec 12, 2018
I have scoured the internet, more than 85% of critics were stunned by Aquaman...
No-one believed Aquaman will be epic and thrilling as it is...
Aquaman is being called underwater Avatar... That's huge for a superhero who has been the joke of many comic lovers...Aquaman has exceeded expectations... You have to actually know the silly jokes with Aquaman to appreciate this thing...

Aquaman is "My Man!"

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by IHate9jerianss(m): 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2018
BlackManta:

You must be new to RT.
They are not right most of the time.

Put Africaness and sentiments aside and tell me if Black Panther deserves to be the highest rated Marvel film on RT.

Was it the best?
I never cared for marvel films until BP.It is the best to me right now.I have been on RT for over 7yrs.They are usually not right with tv shows ratings but with movies esp the superhero ones they are constantly on point.Why would RT be so popular if it wasn't good?I knew deep down in my heart aquaman would be poo.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 4:13pm On Dec 12, 2018
IHate9jerianss:
I never cared for marvel films until BP.It is the best to me right now.I have been on RT for over 7yrs.They are usually not right with tv shows ratings but with movies esp the superhero ones they are constantly on point.Why would RT be so popular if it wasn't good?I knew deep down in my heart aquaman would be poo.

RT is not that good.

Audience have the final say not critics.

If I start listing great movies that RT thrashed or movies audience hated but RT critics praised, you be surprised.

Most people don't care about RT nowadays.

Why do you think Venom made so much money despite RT rotten score.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 4:18pm On Dec 12, 2018
IHate9jerianss:

Black Panther is the best Marvel film
I'm a DC fan but I know that 99% of Marvel fans would never agree with that.

It's very obvious you are the sentimental type.

Most movie goers will never take your judgement seriously.
It reeks of sentiments and bias.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by misky2000(m): 4:22pm On Dec 12, 2018
Raalsalghul:
I think we should be modest here. Anything above 800 million is okay be me. What annoys me are folks saying one dancing poppins will outdo aquaman at the box office. wink
it really annoying.
And for folks who believe Spidey into the spider verse will out gross Aquaman it is currently tracking to open to 30-35million on opening weekend. That not even up to what Batman Lego movie made on its opening weekend and some people think it will do better than Aquaman that is been compared to Avatar visually.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:38pm On Dec 12, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Ah stop all these. We know you don't like it because you searched for Snyder's name with a microscope and got dissappointed. cheesy cheesy
lol, man. I may be a Snyder fan but am n0t a z0mbie.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 4:43pm On Dec 12, 2018
mention a DC film with better visuals,I'll wait

BlackManta :

Apparently DC can't do things right without risking not meeting up to "Marvel's gold standard".

This critic inserted "Doctor Strange" cuz Aquaman had great visuals.

I have seen Doctor Strange and it's not like the visuals were ground breaking or gold standard to start with.

Someone just can't review a DC movie without bringing up Marvel. undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:51pm On Dec 12, 2018
Raalsalghul:
I've said it before you and minemrys should renounce the dceu. Nothing will be good enough for you lot so far Snyder's name isn't on it.
c0me on bro. N0thing can change my allegiance to DC unless films like birds of prey, supergirl start taking over the franchise. Am team DC but i will always be anti WB if they c0ntinue placing m0ney over quality.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 4:51pm On Dec 12, 2018
MJBOLT:

Aquaman!!!
grin grin grin

Hi there, I talk to fish!!!

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 4:58pm On Dec 12, 2018
MJBOLT:

You have not seen Aquaman yet.. so wait..
Majority of praise from critics and fans centered on visuals which they say is stunning and Avatar-like.

Avatar is the gold standard for visuals.

This is not up for debate.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by misky2000(m): 5:03pm On Dec 12, 2018
IHate9jerianss:
dude what world are you living in. Black panther is so overrated, seriously c'mon I barely even managed to watch that movie ones it was so boring. I don't know of u guys but I will personally rate Antman and the wasp above black panther anytime, any day.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:11pm On Dec 12, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Cc: Tonyspike Minemrys Philfearon Thekingishere
I think I've had enough of this snyder fanboyism from minemrys and spike. It's so bad that whenever a film doesn't have snyder's name on it, then it's bad. In as much as I appreciate him for starting the universe with MoS which I think is good BTW, he messed up with BvS and at a point you have to realize that his style of filming isn't going to suit some comic characters.

you misunderstand me bro.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 5:26pm On Dec 12, 2018
WB should stop trying to please critics but their fans. Critics can never be pleased no matter what but fans can.

To me, WB should stick to their dark tone for the DCEU (which should only be if the character or characters whose movie they are making is a dark character like batman but if the character or characters is or are light characters like shazam, they should use light hearted themes for their movies). They should forget about what critics are saying about DCEU movie's dark tone. They're bashing it's dark tone because they aren't use to dark super hero movies rather they are use to light hearted super hero movies so to them super hero movies should be light hearted not dark toned but if WB continues with their dark toned super hero movie (when needed and necessary), critics will get use to dark super hero movies and will have no choice but to accept movie. Take for example, Super hero movies were known to be cartoonish, until FOX came and brought in matured content into super hero movies which I'm sure was criticised but today we've all accepted and gotten used to matured super hero movies. No one wants to see or watch a cartoonish themed super hero movie now but rather everyone wants to see or watch a matured super hero movie. That's what will be applicable to WB's DCEU movies dark theme. With time people will get use to dark theme super hero movies and will accept and love them.

As the TheKingIsHere said, WB should hire critics or mercenaries or promoters or hypers to hype and promote their movies for them but they should make sure that the movies meet their hype or else they will be total catastrophe.

I read online where a critics criticised Aquaman for it's use of CGI for it under water scene as if Guardians Of The Galaxies Was acted in Space. How do they expect the making of Aquaman without the use of CGI. Oh I get it, WB should have screened people who are professional swimmers and that can live and survive underwater perfectly and for years as those playing the Aquaman's characters, then they should carry all the equipments, tools, characters and cast into the Atlantic Ocean to shot the movie. Ridiculous. At times, these critics talk as if their brain has been fried.
Justice League is less than 2 hours in length, critics said it was short and rushed. Aquaman is 2 hours 23 minutes long, critics say it's too long and lengthy. And I ask myself, what do these critics actually wants. That's why WB should stop listening to critics but rather listen to their fans.

I read online in an Aquaman's review that Aquaman has an Octopus playing drum and I was like, what the heck, this is damn hilarious. These guys really showcased Atlantics and it's culture in details. Gosh, I'm super hyped for this movie. I simply can't wait for December 21st to arrive so that I can see it. I'm literarily counting days to December 21st. Aquaman's plot summary is out online in Wikipedia, you can go check it out.

Bia Minemrys or whatever you call yourself grin, don't come here with your negative review about Aquaman. If it was from someone else, it would have been okay but from you made it sentimental, bias and controversial. We all know you always wanted Aquaman to flop right from the beginning and still wants it to flop, that's why you posted a negative review of it here. Abeg, I use GOD name beg you, don't spoil and dehype this movie for us. Please. Keep your Emotions, Baism and Sentimentalism aside biko nu cheesy.

Here me all critics, haters and trolls, whether the Universe likes it or not, whether the Devil likes it or not, Aquaman will be a box office success. Bookmark that. I Xavier, says so.

#Xavier.
#Go_Aquaman.

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by IHate9jerianss(m): 5:28pm On Dec 12, 2018
LOSERS!! I came here to talk about the poor ratings of aquaman by critics you are all talking about the great ratings of past movies from another company because you all know more than the critics right?Is this the first DC movie with poor ratings from critics?Why always DC?Let's all keep on blaming others for the mess Warner bros has made.Mtscheww angry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by superbloke(m): 5:28pm On Dec 12, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Cc: Tonyspike Minemrys Philfearon Thekingishere
I think I've had enough of this snyder fanboyism from minemrys and spike. It's so bad that whenever a film doesn't have snyder's name on it, then it's bad. In as much as I appreciate him for starting the universe with MoS which I think is good BTW, he messed up with BvS and at a point you have to realize that his style of filming isn't going to suit some comic characters.

It's getting tiring really. They need to move on. Imagine hoping that the DCEU fails just to punish WB for moving on from Snyder and his style. Seems more like whining children.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 6:03pm On Dec 12, 2018
BlackManta:

You have not seen Aquaman yet.. so wait..
Majority of praise from critics and fans centered on visuals which they say is stunning and Avatar-like.

Avatar is the gold standard for visuals.

This is not up for debate.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:08pm On Dec 12, 2018
Xavier5:
WB should stop trying to please critics but their fans. Critics can never be pleased no matter what but fans can.

To me, WB should stick to their dark tone for the DCEU (which should only be if the character or characters whose movie they are making is a dark character like batman but if the character or characters is or are light characters like shazam, they should use light hearted themes for their movies). They should forget about what critics are saying about DCEU movie's dark tone. They're bashing it's dark tone because they aren't use to dark super hero movies rather they are use to light hearted super hero movies so to them super hero movies should be light hearted not dark toned but if WB continues with their dark toned super hero movie (when needed and necessary), critics will get use to dark super hero movies and will have no choice but to accept movie. Take for example, Super hero movies were known to be cartoonish, until FOX came and brought in matured content into super hero movies which I'm sure was criticised but today we've all accepted and gotten used to matured super hero movies. No one wants to see or watch a cartoonish themed super hero movie now but rather everyone wants to see or watch a matured super hero movie. That's what will be applicable to WB's DCEU movies dark theme. With time people will get use to dark theme super hero movies and will accept and love them.

As the TheKingIsHere said, WB should hire critics or mercenaries or promoters or hypers to hype and promote their movies for them but they should make sure that the movies meet their hype or else they will be total catastrophe.

I read online where a critics criticised Aquaman for it's use of CGI for it under water scene as if Guardians Of The Galaxies Was acted in Space. How do they expect the making of Aquaman without the use of CGI. Oh I get it, WB should have screened people who are professional swimmers and that can live and survive underwater perfectly and for years as those playing the Aquaman's characters, then they should carry all the equipments, tools, characters and cast into the Atlantic Ocean to shot the movie. Ridiculous. At times, these critics talk as if their brain has been fried.
Justice League is less than 2 hours in length, critics said it was short and rushed. Aquaman is 2 hours 23 minutes long, critics say it's too long and lengthy. And I ask myself, what do these critics actually wants. That's why WB should stop listening to critics but rather listen to their fans.

I read online in an Aquaman's review that Aquaman has an Octopus playing drum and I was like, what the heck, this is damn hilarious. These guys really showcased Atlantics and it's culture in details. Gosh, I'm super hyped for this movie. I simply can't wait for December 21st to arrive so that I can see it. I'm literarily counting days to December 21st. Aquaman's plot summary is out online in Wikipedia, you can go check it out.

Bia Minemrys or whatever you call yourself grin, don't come here with your negative review about Aquaman. If it was from someone else, it would have been okay but from you made it sentimental, bias and controversial. We all know you always wanted Aquaman to flop right from the beginning and still wants it to flop, that's why you posted a negative review of it here. Abeg, I use GOD name beg you, don't spoil and dehype this movie for us. Please. Keep your Emotions, Baism and Sentimentalism aside biko nu cheesy.

Here me all critics, haters and trolls, whether the Universe likes it or not, whether the Devil likes it or not, Aquaman will be a box office success. Bookmark that. I Xavier, says so.

#Xavier.
#Go_Aquaman.
haba haba, bro i never said my opini0n was supreme. I even urged people to see it and make their own minds.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2018
Xavier5:

#Xavier.
#Go_Aquaman.

Stay away from Aquaman long reviews until you see the movie.
That is how I was reading reviews on IMdb and I mistakenly got a wind of a really heavy spoiler.
I have been trying to get it off my memory for the past 3 days now. cry

There is nothing I hate more than spoiler.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lh19(m): 6:47pm On Dec 12, 2018
IHate9jerianss:
Chai!! DC don fall hand again.From all the reviews I have been reading Aquaman is a hot mess cry

Bros where you dey read your reviews from sef
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by IHate9jerianss(m): 7:00pm On Dec 12, 2018
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 7:02pm On Dec 12, 2018
Some critics are crazy.

But why waste our strength talking about the few bad reviews.

Las las Aquaman will be certified fresh on RT. undecided

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 7:08pm On Dec 12, 2018
IHate9jerianss:

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/12/aquaman-review-jason-momoa-1202027124/

A critic who says every DC movie in the last decade is a bad imitation of Marvel is really stupid and dumb .

I wonder how a dark and gritty film like Watchmen, BVS and MOS copied Marvel. undecided

The Indiewire writer already exposed himself as a Marvel dick rider with that pointless statement.

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by IHate9jerianss(m): 7:20pm On Dec 12, 2018
BlackManta:

A critic who says every DC movie in the last decade is a bad imitation of Marvel is really stupid and dumb .

I wonder how a dark and gritty film like Watchmen, BVS and MOS copied Marvel. undecided

The Indiewire writer already exposed himself as a Marvel dick rider with that pointless statement.

The link for the writer from indiewire was just an example.I have read all the reviews from the writers on the second link.I am still waiting for the review of aquaman from my best movie critic Peter Travers from Rolling stone

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.