Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1240130 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2018
johnyace:
just when I was thinking of posting this here
I wanted to confirm if this is really happening or just some fanboy art.
I am patiently waiting for its premiere
But why wasn't cyborg included in the Titans TV show
the story for Titans seas0n 1 won't allow for a Cyborg presence or appearance.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2018
BlackManta:
DC streaming service keeps surprising me.
First they debuted with a serious and mature show like Titans and now we getting a Doom Patrol TV show.

For a low budget TV show, this is what Cyborg looks like and it's amazing.

I know I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this but this Cyborg looks better than what I saw in Justice League and it holds so much promise as well.

We talking low budget TV show not hundreds of millions.

This is insane. shocked

Minemrys, Tonyspike are you seeing this.. shocked

BTW it's not CGI...

The DC shows on CW would rather have a CGI mess.
They still dey learn work.
seriously, DC owns it on Tv. I feel WB should forget abt making cinematic Dc films and focus on expanding the Dc franchise on their streaming site using Titans as a launch pad. Leave marvel to the cinema, do s0mething way different. That way they leave the critics and people get to warm up to Dc. When marvel eventually dies down make a c0me back to the cinema.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2018
Minemrys:

seriously, DC owns it on Tv. I feel WB should forget abt making cinematic Dc films and focus on expanding the Dc franchise on their streaming site using Titans as a launch pad. Leave marvel to the cinema, do s0mething way different. That way they leave the critics and people get to warm up to Dc. When marvel eventually dies down make a c0me back to the cinema.
This is one solid and good idea, but it can't happen because the movies are raking in money for them, though not as much as Marvel.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lh19(m): 9:59pm On Dec 21, 2018
To be frank I would like HBO to make an 8 episode miniseries on a batman story

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 10:06pm On Dec 21, 2018
Lh19:
To be frank I would like HBO to make an 8 episode miniseries on a batman story
Your head dey there, including Suicide Squad... Not those useless 22 episodes jokes on CW
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 10:08pm On Dec 21, 2018
Minemrys:

the story for Titans seas0n 1 won't allow for a Cyborg presence or appearance.
What's even the need for Cyborg on a TV show? I thought they were doing a cyborg movie?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nova15: 10:28pm On Dec 21, 2018
BlackManta:

Cyborg is an original member of Teen Titans but Titans season 1 has ended already.
Season 2 will premiere in October next year and by that time Doom Patrol season 1 which starts in February must have ended.

So Cyborg will be introduced in Doom Patrol and join up with Titans in season 2.

This is my prediction for Cyborg, I don't know if they will go with it but it's a good plan.

Is titan good? I've watched the first two episodes and I wasn't impressed.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:38pm On Dec 21, 2018
philfearon:

What's even the need for Cyborg on a TV show? I thought they were doing a cyborg movie?
who told u they were doing a cyborg m0vie? Don't believe everything you hear, bro.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:40pm On Dec 21, 2018
Raalsalghul:
This is one solid and good idea, but it can't happen because the movies are raking in money for them, though not as much as Marvel.
that's why critics will c0ntinue bashing their films.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:33am On Dec 22, 2018
BlackManta:
DC streaming service keeps surprising me.
First they debuted with a serious and mature show like Titans and now we getting a Doom Patrol TV show.

For a low budget TV show, this is what Cyborg looks like and it's amazing.

I know I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this but this Cyborg looks better than what I saw in Justice League and it holds so much promise as well.

We talking low budget TV show not hundreds of millions.

This is insane. shocked

Minemrys, Tonyspike are you seeing this.. shocked

BTW it's not CGI...

The DC shows on CW would rather have a CGI mess.
They still dey learn work.

The costume still looks bad, whether CGI or not. Geoff John is trying to make a name for himself. He is still in charge of the shitty CW shows also.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 6:35am On Dec 22, 2018
Minemrys:

who told u they were doing a cyborg m0vie? Don't believe everything you hear, bro.
Na wa o...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 6:38am On Dec 22, 2018
Mary Poopings is returning to her poops so bad!!!
grin cool cool grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin grin undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Eyedea(m): 7:16am On Dec 22, 2018
philfearon:
Mary Poopings is returning to her poops so bad!!!
grin cool cool grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin grin undecided
A budget of 130 million for a Mary Poppins film. Na wa o.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 9:15am On Dec 22, 2018
Eyedea:

A budget of 130 million for a Mary Poppins film. Na wa o.
Funny thing is that Disney moved it's release date from 25th to 21st thinking it will be business as usual...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 7:11pm On Dec 22, 2018
philfearon:

Funny thing is that Disney moved it's release date from 25th to 21st thinking it will be business as usual...

Bumblebee and Mary Poppins are seriously lagging behind.
This was easier than I expected cheesy

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 8:43pm On Dec 22, 2018
BlackManta:

Bumblebee and Mary Poppins are seriously lagging behind.
This was easier than I expected cheesy
I swear!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 9:06pm On Dec 22, 2018
TonySpike:

Some of these guys are just unnecessary Snyder haters. I didn't want to reply any of their submissions because it appears most of them are ignorant with regards to the standard procedures for blockbuster movie production.
Oh my cheesy, how art possible that the great Tonyspike has decided to be silent on this issue? Remember, you swore your allegiance to Snyder. cheesy Your duty as a knight of the Snyderverse is to lay your life for Zack whenever called to. Why, oh why have you decided to flee from your master cheesy. Why?
Pray do tell, reveal to us minions the essentials of blockbuster production.

Anyways, away from the Shakespearian antics. For every criticism I dish to Snyder, I do praise him for his visual style of filming. But if you've been into Hollywood films for a long time, you'll know some directors prefer working with a particular set of people: be it actors, music composers, camera men etc Example, have you noticed that James Wan likes working with Patrick Wilson or Antoine Fuqua with Denzel Washington? This is because they work with folks who might elevate their product at the end of the day. For the examples I gave above, perhaps they are bad at casting and prefer working with this set of actors who'll always deliver for their style of filming. For Zack Snyder, I think he needs a good story teller to work with consistently. I never criticized him for not knowing how to write, I criticized him for not been able to recognize a good script. Assuming he had a good script writer, he would have been able to conquer this weakness of his.

Or you think Chris Nolan is one of the best directors in Hollywood by his power alone? Nope. Go look at his history, he prefers working with a particular set of people: his brother Jonathan, Michael Caines, Tom Hardy, Marion Cotilliard, Hoyte van Hoytema, Hans Zimmer. I can go on and on. Nolan has been able to successfully build a team that delivers. This is what I think Snyder needs, but first he needs to start with a story teller. He's the kind of director I feel that works with whatever is given to him. Trust me, he won't get to the apex of his career with that.
But I'll always give it to him in terms of visuals. He's also good at casting. At least, he gave us Jason Momoa, Gal Gadot and Henry Cavill.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Eyedea(m): 10:02pm On Dec 22, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Oh my cheesy, how art possible that the great Tonyspike has decided to be silent on this issue? Remember, you swore your allegiance to Snyder. cheesy Your duty as a knight of the Snyderverse is to lay your life for Zack whenever called to. Why, oh why have you decided to flee from your master cheesy. Why?

Anyways, away from the Shakespearian antics. For every criticism I dish to Snyder, I do praise him for his visual style of filming. But if you've been into Hollywood films for a long time, you'll know some directors prefer working with a particular set of people: be it actors, music composers, camera men etc Example, have you noticed that James Wan likes working with Patrick Wilson or Antoine Fuqua with Denzel Washington? This is because they work with folks who might elevate their product at the end of the day. For the examples I gave above, perhaps they are bad at casting and prefer working with this set of actors who'll always deliver for their style of filming. For Zack Snyder, I think he needs a good story teller to work with consistently. I never criticized him for not knowing how to write, I criticized him for not been able to recognize a good script. Assuming he had a good script writer, he would have been able to conquer this weakness of his.

Or you think Chris Nolan is one of the best directors in Hollywood by his power alone? Nope. Go look at his history, he prefers working with a particular set of people: his brother Jonathan, Michael Caines, Tom Hardy, Marion Cotilliard, Hoyte van Hoytema, Hans Zimmer. I can go on and on. Nolan has been able to successfully build a team that delivers. This is what I think Snyder needs, but first he needs to start with a story teller. He's the kind of director I feel that works with whatever is given to him. Trust me, he won't get to the apex of his career with that.
But I'll always give it to him in terms of visuals. He's also good at casting. At least, he gave us Jason Momoa, Gal Gadot and Henry Cavill.

After all this long yarns we all know Snyder sucks. How does batman and superman apear in a movie alongside wonder woman and not gross a billion?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 10:06pm On Dec 22, 2018
Eyedea:

After all this long yarns we all know Snyder sucks. How does batman and superman apear in a movie alongside wonder woman and not gross a billion?
Be careful oh, Tonyspike and Minemrys are coming for you.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Lh19(m): 11:18pm On Dec 22, 2018
philfearon:

Your head dey there, including Suicide Squad... Not those useless 22 episodes jokes on CW

Aswear it would be dope ehn and I know the budget would be enormous with very good writing
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 1:31am On Dec 23, 2018
Eyedea:

Question of the century!!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by johnyace(m): 2:51am On Dec 23, 2018
Just finished the Constantine TV series, and then found out that NBC cancelled after the first season due to poor ratings,

I it's an awesome series though,

But these ratings aren't poor na

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:19am On Dec 23, 2018
Raalsalghul:

you forget that zack in all the dc films he directed barely had a say in them. He was just a yes man. He was over shadowed by N0lan and Goyer. James Wan hinted at that in his interviews [he said he'll only do aquaman if given the creative freed0m. And with the films on his CV, WB had to oblige. Snyder didn't have that. Even if he recognised a bad script, he couldn't as much change it. Do you kn0w he even had to beg N0lan to let supes kill zod in M0S before WB could agree?]
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 10:57am On Dec 23, 2018
(^_-)

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:48am On Dec 23, 2018
Raalsalghul:

You see, the conceptualization, design and pre-shooting of a movie takes at least two years. It goes through different quality control procedures for this period, even before the shooting begins. For DC movies, there are creative teams in WB and DC that decides the story flow and logic. Most of the time, the director is only left with concept art designs, casting, storyboarding and technical designs to decide upon. Snyder's input into the story content in MOS, BVS and JL couldn't have been more than 20%. WB called the shots and decides what happens throughout the entire movie shooting. Snyder might have some blame in interpreting the script, and perhaps, storyboarding the scenes as written in the script. The greatest issue with Snyder's movies lies rather with this current age of critics rubberstamping movie with fresh rotten score to be successful. The critics have never liked Snyder and his style of filming. That's the way I see it though.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 12:08pm On Dec 23, 2018
Everyday, another Snyder ish!!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:15pm On Dec 23, 2018
philfearon:
Everyday, another Snyder ish!!!
blame Lex Luthor...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 3:30pm On Dec 23, 2018
Minemrys:

blame Lex Luthor...
grin grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 6:11pm On Dec 23, 2018
MARY POPPINS RETURN

Opening Weekend
Friday: $6.9 million
Weekend: $22.23 million
Total: $31.04 million

BUMBLEBEE

Opening Weekend
Friday: $8.3 million
Weekend: $21 million

AQUAMAN

Opening Weekend
Friday: $27.7 million
Weekend: $67.4 million

Kai.. See the massive gap Aquaman left for these films.

When you throw in the $4.7m in sneak previews ($2.9m last Saturday and $1.8m this past Wednesday), you get a $72.1m opening frame (including $9.95m in IMAX alone).
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 6:23pm On Dec 23, 2018
Miggs:

Your are too defensive.
I quoted you to state how Aquaman will not make as much money at the box office than Venom because it lacks the "Marvel stamp" not to argue about how the dark knight is greater than the MCU or whatever.
I am not on this thread to participate in a pissing contest with DC fans but to criticise and praise DC where necessary.I do thesame on the Marvel thread.
Now onto the meat of the matter;Why won't Aquaman make as much money as Venom at the box office?
Marvel is a juggernaut in the movie industry.All they have to do right now is place their logo in front of a movie title and the public(both local and international) laps it up without question(E.g. Venom).This is what DC lacks at the moment.Despite a very good second and third trailer and high praise from some movie critics,the general public is still questioning Aquaman being a good movie.
That is why I also believe SONY/MARVEL Into the Spiderverse will also be a bigger box office hit than Aquaman.
P.S. Give me a witty and whimsical Tim Burton Batman Returns 1992 than a grim and charmless Chris Nolan Dark Knight 2008 and I'll always choose the former

It's time to eat your words.

Oya open your mouth.

SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE

One week worldwide gross..
Total: $64.8 million

AQUAMAN

Opening Weekend in USA alone: $67.4 million

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 23, 2018
BlackManta:
MARY POPPINS RETURN

Opening Weekend
Friday: $6.9 million
Weekend: $22.23 million
Total: $31.04 million

BUMBLEBEE

Opening Weekend
Friday: $8.3 million
Weekend: $21 million

AQUAMAN

Opening Weekend
Friday: $27.7 million
Weekend: $67.4 million

Kai.. See the massive gap Aquaman left for these films.

When you throw in the $4.7m in sneak previews ($2.9m last Saturday and $1.8m this past Wednesday), you get a $72.1m opening frame (including $9.95m in IMAX alone).
72M tongue
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 6:29pm On Dec 23, 2018
hulk616:

72M tongue

$480m+ in 2 weeks worldwide.

And it's just getting started in USA after opening only 2 days ago tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.