Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,117 members, 7,835,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1245426 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 6:51pm On Dec 23, 2018
BlackManta:

It's time to eat your words.

Oya open your mouth.

SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE

One week worldwide gross..
Total: $64.8 million

AQUAMAN

Opening Weekend in USA alone: $67.4 million

Lol... I thought we schooled him here when he first stated this previously!!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 23, 2018
Eyedea:

After all this long yarns we all know Snyder sucks. How does batman and superman apear in a movie alongside wonder woman and not gross a billion?

That's what happens when Superman cries for mummy!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Eyedea(m): 6:38am On Dec 24, 2018
Tenison96:

That's what happens when Superman cries for mummy!!
All thanks to the great Zach Snyder
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:17pm On Dec 27, 2018
This corresponds with my previous analysis cool

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 28, 2018
TheKingIsHere:
same thing they said for JL, BvS next joke please
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 8:39am On Dec 28, 2018
hulk616:

Why so pained tongue

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 9:16am On Dec 28, 2018
hulk616:

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 9:29am On Dec 28, 2018
Aquaman movie has the most comic accurate costumes you will ever see.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 28, 2018
Finally watched Aquaman.
I must say the movie was average!!!!. BvS , Wonder woman, SS, MoS are better . Nonsense dialogues, some very bad CGI like power rangers in the movie some good CGI. Wasted characters like black manta. Overall bad CGI under water, boring jokes, lot of scenes you don't want the hell is going on.
Overall 3.5/10

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 5:25pm On Dec 28, 2018
hulk616:
Finally watched Aquaman.
I must say the movie was very bad!!!!. BvS , Wonder woman, SS, MoS are better than this crap. Nonsense dialogues, some very bad CGI like power rangers in the movie some good CGI. Wasted characters like black manta. Overall bad CGI under water, boring jokes, lot of scenes you don't want the hell is going on.
Overall 1.5/10
At least, make the trolling interesting now. All these lazy boring trolls we have these days.

[img]https://media1./images/06655070b3cc8faaff4824eee848adc0/tenor.gif?itemid=5436796[/img]

4 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2018
Kaycee7:
At least, make the trolling interesting now. All these lazy boring trolls we have these days.

[img]https://media1./images/06655070b3cc8faaff4824eee848adc0/tenor.gif?itemid=5436796[/img]
I was advised by DC fans to watch it in 3D so I m watching it by 6pm. I still have little hope for this movie
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 6:26pm On Dec 28, 2018
hulk616:
Finally watched Aquaman.
I must say the movie was average!!!!. BvS , Wonder woman, SS, MoS are better . Nonsense dialogues, some very bad CGI like power rangers in the movie some good CGI. Wasted characters like black manta. Overall bad CGI under water, boring jokes, lot of scenes you don't want the hell is going on.
Overall 3.5/10
There's one thing abt criticism. It's objective and m0st of the times, the critic is an outsider to the intellectual work, meaning he or she is never a fan nor a hater of the intellectual property or the brain behind it. When it's fr0m either of the two, the criticism is many times n0t taken seriously.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 7:13pm On Dec 28, 2018
Minemrys:

There's one thing abt criticism. It's objective and m0st of the times, the critic is an outsider to the intellectual work, meaning he or she is never a fan nor a hater of the intellectual property or the brain behind it. When it's fr0m either of the two, the criticism is many times n0t taken seriously.
You couldn't have said it better. BTW, what are your thoughts on Shazam?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:04pm On Dec 28, 2018
Here's an honest review of Aquaman; well from my own P. O. V. I know i gave a review early but figured i overlooked some things.
The film for all it is, is a very entertaining m0vie, with a relatable character (i mean who doesn't relate with a guy whose m0ther is fr0m a different place from his dad and is rejected? If no one does, i do.)
The film starts as an ambitious m0vie but fails to meet up that criteria. And its because it failed to show m0re of the villain who was meant to stand as a representation of the theme 'the pollution of the water habitat and its c0nsequences'. I think this was due to cutting short the run time or following the MCU way which was focusing m0re on the hero and little with the villain. That's why Orm felt flat. And i think the c0nflict was rather resolved too quickly, and funny en0ugh made the same mistake as BvS; the m0ther issue. Immediately Atlanna showed up, Orm lost his grudge on the surface so to speak. He even failed to argue on the destructive and hazardous nature of the surface dwellers.
The m0vie was g0od right fr0m the beginning but like every CB film, the ending was a mess. I love all the performances; i must admit, seeing the film a sec0nd time, Jas0n M0m0a a.k.a Aquam0a nailed it.
I think i would be countering what s0me0ne said earlier abt the hum0r. The hum0r was smart, and n0t funny atimes. The highlights were where an octopus was beating drums, atlanteans placing bets and in fr0nt of them was a visual hologram displaying the odds and Arthur had the lowest odd of winning, the fight scene where an atlantean soldier runs and dips his head into a toilet system to avoid getting dehydrated. Arthur and Mera bickering and the 'we could have just peed on it' scene, and the running gag of atlantean soldiers pushing coin to Blackmanta through Orm's hologram, that was funny. If s0me0ne didn't find these scenes funny, then i doubt they'll find hum0r in any film. There are scenes meant to be funny, James Wan knew this. And abt BM being under utilized, this wasn't his story, he was an extensi0n of Orm's story arc. His beef with Arthur was only introduced so it would lead to a sequel where they get to touch m0re on the theme of 'revenge'. This film had n0thing to do abt vengeance but rec0nciliati0n hence how it ended. The sequel would see a full blown blackmanta story arc and less of Orm. 7.5 rating for the film.

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 8:13pm On Dec 28, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

It is currently sitting at $629m according to Forbes.

It will beat Justice League and Man Of Steel's respective box office totals by the end of this weekend.

I don't want to get my hopes up by thinking of $1b.
But I'm 100% sure this movie will beat WW and BVS.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 28, 2018
Minemrys:
Here's an honest review of Aquaman; well from my own P. O. V. I know i gave a review early but figured i overlooked some things.
The film for all it is, is a very entertaining m0vie, with a relatable character (i mean who doesn't relate with a guy whose m0ther is fr0m a different place from his dad and is rejected? If no one does, i do.)
The film starts as an ambitious m0vie but fails to meet up that criteria. And its because it failed to show m0re of the villain who was meant to stand as a representation of the theme 'the pollution of the water habitat and its c0nsequences'. I think this was due to cutting short the run time or following the MCU way which was focusing m0re on the hero and little with the villain. That's why Orm felt flat. And i think the c0nflict was rather resolved too quickly, and funny en0ugh made the same mistake as BvS; the m0ther issue. Immediately Atlanna showed up, Orm lost his grudge on the surface so to speak. He even failed to argue on the destructive and hazardous nature of the surface dwellers.
The m0vie was g0od right fr0m the beginning but like every CB film, the ending was a mess. I love all the performances; i must admit, seeing the film a sec0nd time, Jas0n M0m0a a.k.a Aquam0a nailed it.
I think i would be countering what s0me0ne said earlier abt the hum0r. The hum0r was smart, and n0t funny atimes. The highlights were where an octopus was beating drums, atlanteans placing bets and in fr0nt of them was a visual hologram displaying the odds and Arthur had the lowest odd of winning, the fight scene where an atlantean soldier runs and dips his head into a toilet system to avoid getting dehydrated. Arthur and Mera bickering and the 'we could have just peed on it' scene, and the running gag of atlantean soldiers pushing coin to Blackmanta through Orm's hologram, that was funny. If s0me0ne didn't find these scenes funny, then i doubt they'll find hum0r in any film. There are scenes meant to be funny, James Wan knew this. And abt BM being under utilized, this wasn't his story, he was an extensi0n of Orm's story arc. His beef with Arthur was only introduced so it would lead to a sequel where they get to touch m0re on the theme of 'revenge'. This film had n0thing to do abt vengeance but rec0nciliati0n hence how it ended. The sequel would see a full blown blackmanta story arc and less of Orm.
I said the same thing black manta was wasted, the war scene I didn't Know what the hell was happening.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:16pm On Dec 28, 2018
Raalsalghul:
You couldn't have said it better. BTW, what are your thoughts on Shazam?
Shazam! Am very much interested in this film. It's one of those films that turn out to be sleeper hits. It appeals to children and has that theme centered on family and reuni0n. Seeing how Disney brought Endgame very close to its release date, one has to w0nder what Avengers' endgame is shifting fr0m its May release date. I feel Shazam would have better chances if pushed to Christmas like Aquaman and had WB had The Flash or The Batman shot in time, m0ved it to Shazam's release date. Once again WB's fault. Either way, they should expect a clash in their April slot. But am very much interested in Shazam.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:18pm On Dec 28, 2018
BlackManta:

It will beat Justice League and Man Of Steel's respective box office totals by the end of this weekend.

I agree with you. It will beat WW and BVS, as for it reaching $1bn, well it ain't going to be easy..but it will be within the range of $900m. If it touches $1bn, it will give DC some morale and hope.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:24pm On Dec 28, 2018
hulk616:
I said the same thing black manta was wasted, the war scene I didn't Know what the hell was happening.
Blackmanta wasn't wasted. Its either u are nitpicking/trolling or u didn't understand the film. BM was literally a plot element for Orm who was a main character. BM was a min0r character and you can't focus on a min0r character in a st0ry m0re than you would a main character. James Wan time with0ut number said Aquaman had only 1 villain with two antag0nists; BM and Nereus. He never intended for 3 villains, thus nereus and BM were m0stly in the story to further Orm's arc. If James Wan had g0ne for 2 villains, same u would be here shouting. I w0nder why u didn't c0mplain abt Ulysses Klaw being wasted in Black panther after that introducti0n in Age of ultr0n.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 9:26pm On Dec 28, 2018
Minemrys:

Shazam! Am very much interested in this film. It's one of those films that turn out to be sleeper hits. It appeals to children and has that theme centered on family and reuni0n. Seeing how Disney brought Endgame very close to its release date, one has to w0nder what Avengers' endgame is shifting fr0m its May release date. I feel Shazam would have better chances if pushed to Christmas like Aquaman and had WB had The Flash or The Batman shot in time, m0ved it to Shazam's release date. Once again WB's fault. Either way, they should expect a clash in their April slot. But am very much interested in Shazam.
Exactly how I feel about the movie. It has this offbeat feeling reminiscent of when Deadpool came out, only that this time, it is not R-rated. Its trailer is different from that of other comic book films.

WB should turn in a profit on this one easily. No A-list actors, A-list directors and the film won't require too much special effects. I doubt the budget will go beyond 120 million dollars. Apart from that, it's the second most anticipated comic book film after Endgame.

But I've got my binoculars on Todd Phillip's Joker. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:28pm On Dec 28, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

I agree with you. It will beat WW and BVS, as for it reaching $1bn, well it ain't going to be easy..but it will be within the range of $900m. If it touches $1bn, it will give DC some morale and hope.
Dc has always had h0pe if n0t for studio interference. A franchise that made 3.5 billi0n with just 4 films? So many franchises d0n't hit that am0unt with 4 films. DC's m0rale lies with WB.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2018
BlackManta:

Warner will be happy with anything above 800 mill. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 9:31pm On Dec 28, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Above 800 mill gives morale and hope. Touching 1 billion is a signal for fire on....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:32pm On Dec 28, 2018
Minemrys:

Dc has always had h0pe if n0t for studio interference. A franchise that made 3.5 billi0n with just 4 films? So many franchises d0n't hit that am0unt with 4 films. DC's m0rale lies with WB.

WB owns DC, so its more of the same thing.

The reason why it will be be a big stride for wb/DC is because no company had touched $1bn since 2014. Only Disney had been consistent in hitting the $1bn mark and over till date.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:35pm On Dec 28, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Exactly how I feel about the movie. It has this offbeat feeling reminiscent of when Deadpool came out, only that this time, it is not R-rated. Its trailer is different from that of other comic book films.

WB should turn in a profit on this one easily. No A-list actors, A-list directors and the film won't require too much special effects. I doubt the budget will go beyond 120 million dollars. Apart from that, it's the second most anticipated comic book film after Endgame.

But I've got my binoculars on Todd Phillip's Joker. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
i've said this b4, a Joker film if d0ne right, could make close to a billi0n. And c0nsidering a guy like Phoenix is behind it with Martin sorcese producing, it has potentials. I may be wr0ng though, but c0me on, its Joker. People went to see the dark knight m0stly becos of Joker and ledger's performance n0t cancer throat batman.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:37pm On Dec 28, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Above 800 mill gives morale and hope. Touching 1 billion is a signal for fire on....

I just want it to touch $1bn, it will trigger a lot of creativity in WB/DC
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:38pm On Dec 28, 2018
Minemrys:

i've said this b4, a Joker film if d0ne right, could make close to a billi0n. And c0nsidering a guy like Phoenix is behind it with Martin sorcese producing, it has potentials. I may be wr0ng though, but c0me on, its Joker. People went to see the dark knight m0stly becos of Joker and ledger's performance n0t cancer throat batman.

Supported. A joker movie if done right can touch the $1bn mark.

Joker is the greatest villain that people love grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 9:39pm On Dec 28, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

I just want it to touch $1bn, it will trigger a lot of creativity in WB/DC
Well, let's wait and see.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:40pm On Dec 28, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

WB owns DC, so its more of the same thing.

The reason why it will be be a big stride for wb/DC is because no company had touched $1bn since 2014. Only Disney had been consistent in hitting the $1bn mark and over till date.
its literally n0t the same thing cos unlike Marvel that has its independent creative unit and studio headed by Kevin feige, Dc doesn't. It's run by an extensi0n of WB's yes men. So WB and Dc aren't the same. When u say Dc u imply DC makes its decisi0ns when it doesn't.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:48pm On Dec 28, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Supported. A joker movie if done right can touch the $1bn mark.

Joker is the greatest villain that people love grin
u kn0w what surprises me? The fact that s0me people barely kn0w of w0nder w0man but do the joker. Like, its funny.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Miggs(m): 9:53pm On Dec 28, 2018
BlackManta:

It's time to eat your words.

Oya open your mouth.

SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE

One week worldwide gross..
Total: $64.8 million

AQUAMAN

Opening Weekend in USA alone: $67.4 million

I am not really surprised by the outcome WB REALLY pushed their product.
The fact that Aquaman made more cash at the box office than Spidey does not automatically mean it's quality is upto Spider-Man into the Universe.That is like saying "The Meg" is better than "Blade Runner 2049"
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:01pm On Dec 28, 2018
Miggs:

I am not really surprised by the outcome WB REALLY pushed their product.
The fact that Aquaman made more cash at the box office than Spidey does not automatically mean it's quality is upto Spider-Man into the Universe.That is like saying "The Meg" is better than "Blade Runner 2049"
Well, am surprised you are n0t surprised cos i could remember u being am0ng those, i included saying Aquaman would flop. I d0n't remember Blackmanta ever saying Aquaman was the greatest m0vie in the world or saying 0ne m0vie was better than the other. He has never said that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.