Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,176 members, 7,835,926 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1245550 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Miggs(m): 10:37am On Dec 29, 2018
Minemrys:

following ur logic of the Chinese m0vie goers' sentiment towards films, the Great Wall which featured a large ensemble of chinese actors and production team and is c0nsidered a part chinese film, should have made m0re than it did in China then which funny en0ugh did n0t...
Sir, "The Great Wall" was made with a budget of one hundred and fifty million dollars,it made over three hundred million dollars at the global box office and one hundred and seventy million dollars in China alone.It single-handedly re-couped its whole budget including extra in one country.
If that isn't considered a success,I don't know what else is.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:16am On Dec 29, 2018
hablink:

I have been wondering how DC did it, was it China dubbed or subtitled in Mandarin??

If it was subtitled, then the ones shown in cinemas in Africa should be subtitled cos we are not natural English speakers, I personally find some dalogues hard to follow.
All movies are mastered in different language to suit audiences' language in different countries. Movie business is big business, man
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:18am On Dec 29, 2018
chrisbaxtian:

I doubt if it is the reason or even remotely related to the reason at all. Explaining away the success of aquaman based on such parochial sentiments does a great disservice to everyone involved in the project. The movie wasn't bad, it's just surprising that an average movie would be so financially successful. It cannot be explained bra! cheesy shi.t like this just happens
It has more to do with the time of the year. People are generally eager to visit the cinema at this time of the year, no matter the country.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:23am On Dec 29, 2018
Miggs:

The Chinese movie goers generally have poor taste in movies.
The Chinese are clearly "money miss-roads"
Whether we like it or not, China is now competimg with the US in terms of box office revenues. We can use whatever metrics we want but China still delivers.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:26am On Dec 29, 2018
Miggs:

Sir, "The Great Wall" was made with a budget of one hundred and fifty million dollars,it made over three hundred million dollars at the global box office and one hundred and seventy million dollars in China alone.It single-handedly re-couped its whole budget including extra in one country.
If that isn't considered a success,I don't know what else is.
lol, u call that a success? Considering your theory of the Chinese m0vie goers having sentiments for any m0vie that has the chinese appeal, the great wall should've made m0re than infinity war in its entire run, which it didn't. And @ bolded, it's performance in China was considered a disappointment. It's just like saying Aquaman or Titanic should make 170 milli0n in U. S in its entire run when it makes m0re m0ney fr0m global box office.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:38am On Dec 29, 2018
Miggs:

Not only the dreadful Avengers:Infinity War but the horrible Fast and the Furious movies and the hot mess and migraine-inducing Transformers:Age of Extinction
Apparently, u see infinity war as dreadful. And may i ask, what m0vies do u find interesting?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:48am On Dec 29, 2018
Minemrys:

Apparently, u see infinity war as dreadful. And my i ask, what m0vies do u find interesting?
I see you have high hopes for Shazam. For me, I am not interested in that movie. The movie looks like Geoff Johns testing the waters with his optimism and hope theme for DC movies. His stories don't have depth in the real sense.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:18pm On Dec 29, 2018
TonySpike:

I see you have high hopes for Shazam. For me, I am not interested in that movie. The movie looks like Geoff Johns testing the waters with his optimism and hope theme for DC movies. His stories don't have depth in the real sense.
i believe Shazam might surprise you. It doesn't have Johns in it. And remember, its told fr0m a child's point of view, so it's n0t gonna be dark or philosophical, you kn0w. It's the character, and at an age like that, surrounded by a family like that, a kid's got to be hopeful. Many kids that age are h0peful cos they haven't seen the world for what it is. They see things as black and white, sunny and rainy hence the plot, m0od and theme.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by hablink: 12:22pm On Dec 29, 2018
TonySpike:

All movies are mastered in different language to suit audiences' language in different countries. Movie business is big business, man
I think that’s one of the reasons why post production takes a long while, Avatar 2 is set to release by 2020 and its in post production stage.

But why can’t premiere movies be subtitled?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Miggs(m): 12:34pm On Dec 29, 2018
Minemrys:

Apparently, u see infinity war as dreadful. And may i ask, what m0vies do u find interesting?
-I enjoy hollywood mysteries,dramas,thrillers,horrors and comedies released in the 1960s,70s,80s and 90s.
-Obscure,independent films from all eras with a cult following.
-In terms of the superhero genre, "Watchmen" is number one for me.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Miggs(m): 12:48pm On Dec 29, 2018
TonySpike:

Whether we like it or not, China is now competimg with the US in terms of box office revenues[/b]We can use whatever metrics we want but [b]China still delivers
@bolded Some may view that in a positive light but others like me consider it a catastrophe quality film making in hollywood.From the movies I have seen "killing it" at the Chinese box office,it is clear the movie goers in that country are not as sophisticated with their taste in movies as their US counterparts.
Bad movies have bombed at the US box office but made millions at the Chinese one.
That means Hollywood studios will continue releasing movies without caring about their quality because it makes a ton of money in China.
Hence,the decline of the creativity in Hollywood movies we have been seeing in the past six years or more.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 12:56pm On Dec 29, 2018
hablink:

I think that’s one of the reasons why post production takes a long while, Avatar 2 is set to release by 2020 and its in post production stage.

If movies are subtitled, then you will have a difficult time enjoying the movie. It is often difficult to read a subtitle and watch the movie simultaneously.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
Miggs:

@bolded Some may view that in a positive light but others like me consider it a catastrophe quality film making in hollywood.From the movies I have seen "killing it" at the Chinese box office,it is clear the movie goers in that country are not as sophisticated with their taste in movies as their US counterparts.
Bad movies have bombed at the US box office but made millions at the Chinese one.
That means Hollywood studios will continue releasing movies without caring about their quality because it makes a ton of money in China.
Hence,the decline of the creativity in Hollywood movies we have been seeing in the past six years or more.

Blame Disney, the mega-corporation, who came up with the current substandard formular of making movies with repetitive themes and storylines, all in the name of diversity, political correctness and profitability. Blame today's audience who prefer movies that are largely "tell, not show" style. Today, challenging and intellectually-stimulating movies are rated with poor rotten scores, while simple (and silly) movies get the best rotten scores. I think WB, Universal and Fox (until Disney acquisition) are still doing a better job of making original and beautiful movies.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2018
hablink:

Actually, the languages are voiced-over the original English version. All the same, you need to translate your movie for a minimum of 30 languages to make enough money in America, Europe and Asia.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Miggs(m): 1:55pm On Dec 29, 2018
TonySpike:

Blame Disney, the mega-corporation, who came up with the current substandard formular of making movies with repetitive themes and storylines, all in the name of diversity, political correctness and profitability Blame today's audience who prefer movies that are largely "tell, not show" style. Today challenging and intellectually-stimulating movies are rated with poor rotten scores, while simple (and silly) movies get the best rotten scores I think WB, Universal and Fox (until Disney acquisition) are still doing a better job of making original and beautiful movies.
@1st bolded Oh Really?The Disney corporation is also responsible for almost eleven years of monotonous Harry Potter movies and decapitating the last movie into two parts to make more money?
The disgraceful,cash-grabbing Hobbit movies?Minions and the 50 shades tosh?Please enough of these conspiracy theories.
@2nd bolded List 3 great movies that got a bad rottentomatoe score and 3 bad movies that have a great rottentomatoe score.
Please no Disney finger-pointing or critics being paid by Disney mantra.
There are still great films being made but people have become too lazy to seek them out or maybe it's just the herd mentality at play but there is clearly a decline in the quality of movies being released in these times.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:57pm On Dec 29, 2018
Miggs:

-I enjoy hollywood mysteries,dramas,thrillers,horrors and comedies released in the 1960s,70s,80s and 90s.
-Obscure,independent films from all eras with a cult -Obscure,independent films from all eras with a cult -Obscure,independent films from all eras with a cult -Obscure,independent films from all eras with a cult following.
-In terms of the superhero genre, "Watchmen" is number one for me.
you must be a senior citizen. I also love mysteries and thriller films and also psychological and philosophical films
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
TonySpike:

Blame Disney, the mega-corporation, who came up with the current substandard formular of making movies with repetitive themes and storylines, all in the name of diversity, political correctness and profitability. Blame today's audience who prefer movies that are largely "tell, not show" style. Today, challenging and intellectually-stimulating movies are rated with poor rotten scores, while simple (and silly) movies get the best rotten scores. I think WB, Universal and Fox (until Disney acquisition) are still doing a better job of making original and beautiful movies.
WB would join in making generic films soon by the time Disney gains m0n0poly. My hope is on Sony.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Miggs(m): 2:05pm On Dec 29, 2018
Minemrys:

you must be a senior citizen. I also love mysteries and thriller films and also psychological and philosophical films
Senior citizen?Not even close.I just love past hollywood movies aesthetics.Their visuals,sound,their plots,their authenticity,their innovations.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 2:21pm On Dec 29, 2018
TonySpike:

Oh come on, cut the crap. We all know it's because you've looked for a certain name starting with Z and got dissapppinted.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 2:24pm On Dec 29, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Oh come on, cut the crap. We all know it's because you've looked for a certain name starting with Z and got dissapppinted.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by hablink: 2:35pm On Dec 29, 2018
TonySpike:

If movies are subtitled, then you will have a difficult time enjoying the movie. It is often difficult to read a subtitle and watch the movie simultaneously.
Not often actually cos we have gotten used to it, most people watch movies on mobile phones and laptops nowadays and most movies comes bundled with its subtitle file.
I get the difficulty in multitasking that you mentioned though.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 2:43pm On Dec 29, 2018
Miggs:

@1st bolded Oh Really?The Disney corporation is also responsible for almost eleven years of monotonous Harry Potter movies and decapitating the last movie into two parts to make more money?
The disgraceful,cash-grabbing Hobbit movies?Minions and the 50 shades tosh?Please enough of these conspiracy theories.
@2nd bolded List 3 great movies that got a bad rottentomatoe score and 3 bad movies that have a great rottentomatoe score.
There are still great films being made but people have become too lazy to seek them out or maybe it's just the herd mentality at play but there is clearly a decline in the quality of movies being released in these times.
For 3 great movies with a bad RT score in tonyspike's opinion.
Man of Steel directed by Snyder
BvS directed by Snyder
Justice League directed by Snyder
Snyder snyder snyder.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 2:48pm On Dec 29, 2018
Minemrys:

i believe Shazam might surprise you. It doesn't have Johns in it. And remember, its told fr0m a child's point of view, so it's n0t gonna be dark or philosophical, you kn0w. It's the character, and at an age like that, surrounded by a family like that, a kid's got to be hopeful. Many kids that age are h0peful cos they haven't seen the world for what it is. They see things as black and white, sunny and rainy hence the plot, m0od and theme.
All this one na story. Only way you can make him watch it is by slapping Zack Snyder on the credits even if it's for the production assistant role.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:35pm On Dec 29, 2018
Raalsalghul:
All this one na story. Only way you can make him watch it is by slapping Zack Snyder on the credits even if it's for the production assistant role.
that's n0t the problem. Every0ne has his taste. And i think snyder is a producer on this too.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:42pm On Dec 29, 2018
Raalsalghul:
For 3 great movies with a bad RT score in tonyspike's opinion.
Man of Steel directed by Snyder
BvS directed by Snyder
Justice League directed by Snyder
Snyder snyder snyder.
now this is you playing Lex Luthor. Tonyspike said multiple times he hated JL.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:16pm On Dec 29, 2018
Minemrys:

These guys are just bad trolls, especially the one called Raalsalghul. If I have a personal preference for Snyder, what is anybody's business anyway? Have I forced my preference(s) on anyone on this forum?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2018
Miggs:

You are missing my point. By the way, Harry Potter, Hobbits and 50 shades are all book franchises and are therefore expandable. I wouldn't call them cash grabs if I were you. Disney movies most recently are often rehashed storyline and plots. Heck, a number of their recent and new projects fit the theory of cash grabs: jungle book, lion king, alaadin, star wars, toy story, Mary poppins, Mulan, The incredibles and so on. The way I see it, Disney is basically remaking old movies, scene by scene, just to make more money.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 5:21pm On Dec 29, 2018
Minemrys:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he hated JL because of Whedon's stamp on the film. One film where Zack doesn't have 100 per cent control and he hates it. undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 5:24pm On Dec 29, 2018
Minemrys:

that's n0t the problem. Every0ne has his taste. And i think snyder is a producer on this too.
Fine, then I guess he should open a thread for all Snyder fans. I'm tired of the constant deriding of D.C films because the guy's name isn't stamped on it. undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 5:27pm On Dec 29, 2018
TonySpike:

These guys are just bad trolls, especially the one called Raalsalghul. If I have a personal preference for Snyder, what is anybody's business anyway? Have I forced my preference(s) on anyone on this forum?
You haven't, but stop deriding other D.C films because dude's not involved. If you keep doing that, I'll come at you.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 5:56pm On Dec 29, 2018
I haven't seen the movie but I found this picture on instagram.
It cracked me up, I'm not a big fan of humor and cheesy stuff but at least some of it was done right. grin grin

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Eyedea(m): 6:11pm On Dec 29, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Fine, then I guess he should open a thread for all Snyder fans. I'm tired of the constant deriding of D.C films because the guy's name isn't stamped on it. undecided
Before Aquaman fully came out I saw a tweet from one Snyder fan complaining that James Wan didn't give Zach Snyder enough credit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.